Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you forgot

The
Learning
Channel

*TLC keeps casting human trash that are cat 5 hurricane sex crimers and having to memory hole shows*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There's also HGTV (sorry, "Discovery+") with their wonderful new series 40 Year Old Property Virgin which is making light of the fact barely anybody can afford to even be a first-time homebuyer before being 40.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

you forgot

The
Learning
Channel

*TLC keeps casting human trash that are cat 5 hurricane sex crimers and having to memory hole shows*

I remember when TLC used to be good oddball programming like Junkyard Wars, before it turned into the home remodeling channel for a while, and then morphed into the "Official channel of "I want to speak to your manager".

If someone happens to know a family of midget polygamists who are also morbidly obese and do child beauty pageants, I'm pretty sure there's a seven or eight figure finder's fee from TLC out there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

azflyboy posted:

I remember when TLC used to be good oddball programming like Junkyard Wars, before it turned into the home remodeling channel for a while, and then morphed into the "Official channel of "I want to speak to your manager".

If someone happens to know a family of midget polygamists who are also morbidly obese and do child beauty pageants, I'm pretty sure there's a seven or eight figure finder's fee from TLC out there.

My 600lb. Stage Mom... And Counting

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They just couldn’t quit the Duggars even after the child molestation stuff came out the first time. They cancelled the show, but immediately made a show that was supposed to be about two of the daughters, but was really just the same thing with Josh kept away from the camera as much as possible. The daughters didn’t know Jim Bob was being paid for it, and one of them ended up suing him for her share.

What it took to finally take down the show was Josh watching stuff so sick that the FBI thought it was an urban legend at first.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Casimir Radon posted:

Rogan fans are the most overconfident dumb people I’ve ever met.

I can attest. I know one at work that thinks he's the top poo poo and most every "fact" he spits starts with the line "Joe Rogan said...". When you point out the dumb he just gets louder

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Twelve by Pies posted:

I keep hearing people saying "Well actually it's the fault of vaccinated people that there's a delta variant, because so many people having the vaccine means the virus has more chances to adapt to it and mutate."

I'm not a biologist or a virologist, but I want to make sure I'm not going to say something incorrect if I respond to one of these people. From what I understand, viruses reproduce by infecting a cell and forcing that cell to make copies of itself. In people that are vaccinated, the virus would be taken out fairly quickly and wouldn't get much of a chance to adapt or mutate. Because (if I'm remembering right) the way viruses mutate is when the cell is copying the virus that infected it, sometimes the copying is imperfect and that imperfect copy might go on to thrive and now you have a variant.

Is all this correct? I know that people that are vaccinated/naturally immune to something could possibly cause a variant, but the odds are probably pretty low, yes?

Probably already answered, but, viruses mutate through their existence. The faster you stomp the virus out, the less it has time to evolve. Guess who isn't trying to stamp it out?

Sargon of TN
Nov 7, 2011

packetmantis posted:

What if Les Stroud is Bigfoot though.

Sounds like something a Bigfoot would post, "packetmantis"

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

azflyboy posted:

Junkyard Wars was the poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1434967735461683208?s=20

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Only 10 more days until
Insurrection 2: Drumpf Boogaloo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pelosi-capitol-rally-september/2021/09/08/5c0cfe60-10b2-11ec-bc8a-8d9a5b534194_story.html

"Look Ahead America, a nonprofit group founded and led by Matt Braynard, a former Trump campaign operative, is planning the “Justice for J6” rally to bring its message to Washington."

"“And now these people are coming back to praise the people who were out to kill, out to kill members of Congress, successfully causing the deaths — ‘successfully’ is not the word, but that’s the word, because it’s what they set out to do — of our law enforcement,” Pelosi told reporters at the Capitol on Wednesday morning."

"Braynard called Pelosi’s comments “pure disinformation” and blamed a “few bad actors” who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6."

All this hysteria
Because of a few bad actors

https://twitter.com/heatherscope/status/1435628415902785546

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Huh maybe thats why the Q lawyer helping a ton of Jan 6th people has popped up finally, got to get ready for DA SSJ KRAKKEN STORM. He gave no explanations for his disappearance.

Also he created his own version of the ACLU, the NCLU.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OgNar posted:

Only 10 more days until
Insurrection 2: Drumpf Boogaloo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pelosi-capitol-rally-september/2021/09/08/5c0cfe60-10b2-11ec-bc8a-8d9a5b534194_story.html

"Look Ahead America, a nonprofit group founded and led by Matt Braynard, a former Trump campaign operative, is planning the “Justice for J6” rally to bring its message to Washington."

"“And now these people are coming back to praise the people who were out to kill, out to kill members of Congress, successfully causing the deaths — ‘successfully’ is not the word, but that’s the word, because it’s what they set out to do — of our law enforcement,” Pelosi told reporters at the Capitol on Wednesday morning."

"Braynard called Pelosi’s comments “pure disinformation” and blamed a “few bad actors” who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6."

All this hysteria
Because of a few bad actors

https://twitter.com/heatherscope/status/1435628415902785546

Mitch and Kevin are gonna skip that meeting and then be mysteriously MIA from DC on 18th. Just you watch.

E: McCarthy's probably gonna cut out the middle man and just hide out at the Orange House in Florida with the Antipresident on the day of.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Aren't Mitch and Kevin more in the "oh god I didn't really want these people to rule" camp of the GOP? Basically RINOs according to the frothing base.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

McCarthy was always the thorn in the side of John Boehner and later Paul Ryan when they were in charge. It's really hard to call him a RINO when he was always to the right of the rest of the party's leadership.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
You know, I'm not a politician or a member of the intelligence community, so what do I know, but it seems to me like inviting important members of an rebel force to a security council meeting to discuss how you will deal with the potential imminent uprising by that same rebel force is kind of stupid.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

nine-gear crow posted:

Antipresident

:perfect:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I give it 25% no one shows.

I give it 50% that it’s a moderate crowd and nothing happens.

The last 25% is that they obviously are there inciting violence and attempting to provoke a response from which they will immediately go on far right networks yammering about their oppression despite it being very clear they instigated it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Murgos posted:

The last 25% is that they obviously are there inciting violence and attempting to provoke a response from which they will immediately go on far right networks yammering about their oppression despite it being very clear they instigated it.

0.0001% The Capitol Police's sniper unit does their jobs, that whole department can't be happy to see these assholes back again.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

You know, I'm not a politician or a member of the intelligence community, so what do I know, but it seems to me like inviting important members of an rebel force to a security council meeting to discuss how you will deal with the potential imminent uprising by that same rebel force is kind of stupid.

Unless you deliberately include certain irrelevant/inaccurate but specific details and only share them with those two in the meeting so it's easily traceable if anyone else starts mentioning those details.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

greazeball posted:

Unless you deliberately include certain irrelevant/inaccurate but specific details and only share them with those two in the meeting so it's easily traceable if anyone else starts mentioning those details.

AKA the Wagatha Christie Technique

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

greazeball posted:

Fair enough.
I think it says something that the idea that Pelosi and friends could do something competent literally did not even occur to me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Disseminate information leading potential insurrectionists to specific coordinates where a big Mousetrap cage drops on them

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pookah posted:

AKA the Wagatha Christie Technique

Also called the 'barium meal'.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
The government announced this afternoon both a federal employee vaccine mandate and a vaccine mandate for private employers with over 100 employees. The usual suspects are losing their poo poo.

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1436046690549706753

How does it end? My guess: lots of people filled to capacity with horse cream.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 9, 2021

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

William Bear posted:

The Mike Pence option.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

William Bear posted:

How does it end?

Near as I can tell with a lot of people broke and homeless.

Oh, you mean the pandemic. A lot more dead and sick people to go along with a healthcare system stretched far beyond its means. Plus a shortage of horse worm medicine.

USA! USA! USA!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We're at the point where people are getting liver failure and going blind from massive horse cream OD, and are begging people to get the vaccine and not repeat their mistake.

Anyone who can get the vaccine but hasn't, of course, will assume either deep state shenanigans or "they didn't take enough horse cream"

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We're at the point where people are getting liver failure and going blind from massive horse cream OD, and are begging people to get the vaccine and not repeat their mistake.

Anyone who can get the vaccine but hasn't, of course, will assume either deep state shenanigans or "they didn't take enough horse cream"
As a liberal in this exact specific circumstance, I feel incredibly owned. Conservatives are owning me SO HARD by killing themselves with horse cream. Please, whatever you do, stop owning me.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Brawnfire posted:

Disseminate information leading potential insurrectionists to specific coordinates where a big Mousetrap cage drops on them

Ya know what? I wish. These last years have been stupid thing ad nauseum and frankly I'm reading for absurdist comedy solutions.

McCarthy gets fake info, tells his terrorist buddies, they walk into a park, a big ball rolls down a hill, knocks over a giant chess piece, a rope catches fire from a candle, drops a cage. Flag falls down in background "Mission Accomplished"

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

William Bear posted:

The government announced this afternoon both a federal employee vaccine mandate and a vaccine mandate for private employers with over 100 employees. The usual suspects are losing their poo poo.

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1436046690549706753

He's right, it ends with them sharing memes about how years back they lined up for vaccines personally developed by Trump while the left-wing hippies and illegal immigrants refused to do their patriotic duty. And it'll happen faster than you can say "Trump never would have surrendered to the Taliban!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My mom is giving my nephew the Rush Revere books

:eng99:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Brawnfire posted:

When she isn't looking, toss them into a conveniently placed trash fire

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Brawnfire posted:

Conspiratorially tell him that those are OK, but if he wants to hear the real story he should come talk to you

Then slip him The People's History

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Your enduring reminder that deplatforming works

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1436511715747930116

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FlamingLiberal posted:

When she isn't looking, toss them into a conveniently placed trash fire

The VeggieTales goddy board books my mom got for my daughter went straight in the trash. Sometimes you’ve just got to go for it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is Veggie Tales right-wing? I know it's explicitly christian, but I'm jewish. I assumed it was benign childish centrism christianity not "Adam rode a dinosaur PS bomb Palestine."

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
It’s just Bible stories told with vegetable themed characters. For a non-religious family it might be weird to introduce a bunch of Bible concepts like god and prayer and stuff into the mix but politically the books are pretty benign.

I have two kids from two different marriages. The kid who lives part time with his mom received a couple rush revere books from his mom’s dad for Christmas one year when he was ten. He wasn’t particularly into reading back then and never cracked them open. When I saw them in his bookshelf I laughed and said “you got these from grandpa right?” And he said yeah. I said “we’re gonna go ahead and just throw these out” and he was like “cool” and I threw them out.

That kid is a trans boy and a couple years ago the same grandfather had a “you’ll always only ever be my granddaughter to me” meltdown at him where he refused to stop misgendering or deadnaming him and I laid into him. Felt good.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I assumed it was benign childish centrism christianity
It starts with Sunday School.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is Veggie Tales right-wing? I know it's explicitly christian, but I'm jewish. I assumed it was benign childish centrism christianity not "Adam rode a dinosaur PS bomb Palestine."

Yeah, that's pretty much it, at least from the late-90's era with the original creative team. Some episodes are just your standard Bible stories (the Nativity, Shadrach Meshach and Abednego, etc) with CGI vegetables, some are more-contemporary morality plays with Bible verses quoted towards the end. I had a few fundie friends when I was a kid, so VeggieTales and Creationist propaganda VHSes were the only things they had to watch when I was over. I vastly preferred watching the former. I can't remember anything questionable in there, as long as you're not going full Bill Maher with it.

I believe one of the creators ended up on the Evangelical poo poo-List in recent memory for daring to say "hey maybe gay people aren't Public Enemy #1", so there's that too.