Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

skewetoo posted:

Walks through the thread's smouldering ruins of the madjackal saga. Looks around surveying the destruction.

Great lols were had here.

https://i.imgur.com/eOEztzZ.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

every surgeon goes through med school, then basic residency, then whatever specialty because lmao general surgery is dying as a profession

I dunno general surgeons seem to do all the low skill stuff the specialty surgeons don't want to bother doing like lap chole and wound debridement.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

why and what's that mean

diabetic patients, especially poorly controlled, do not heal very well. it's a problem of circulation and other things; it's why toes always get cut off. the kind of person that's going to allow their dick to get infected is the kind of person who is also not taking care of their diabetes

if an infection becomes bad enough, whelp. snip snip

you can also google search :nms: fournier's gangrene :nms: if you really want to see some poo poo.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Steve Yun posted:

hey so it turns out 88% of nurses are vaccinated or plan to get vaccinated

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospitals/survey-nurses-largely-board-covid-19-vaccines-but-want-more-info-boosters-long-term

so the antivax nurses are a smaller, noisier subset than we were led to believe

Of course they were, that’s why all the medical freedom rallies we’ve seen are mostly old folks, hella fat dudes who clearly aren’t nurses, and children. They can make a big enough stink to get on the news, but they rarely to never have a bunch of real nurses lining up to say what nurses actually think here

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

I dunno general surgeons seem to do all the low skill stuff the specialty surgeons don't want to bother doing like lap chole and wound debridement.

yeah that's what i mean. all the new grads are trying to get into ortho or whatever

all that's left are the late sixties burnouts who are bitter about their compensation rates. love watching guys who graduated med school in the 70s struggle to do a scope because they didn't grow up with video games

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

FizFashizzle posted:

none at all. these racks are incredible. as long as you have a flat ground of course

hell, use these and i've put like 375 on them

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-B...595198212&psc=1

Got the same ones, worked really well for the past year

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
going to be my our first year for my office to be in town right next to where they are hosting a chainsaw event

not looking forward to the massive chud crowd spewing covid and the loud as gently caress chainsawing right outside my office wall

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

diabetic patients, especially poorly controlled, do not heal very well. it's a problem of circulation and other things; it's why toes always get cut off. the kind of person that's going to allow their dick to get infected is the kind of person who is also not taking care of their diabetes

if an infection becomes bad enough, whelp. snip snip

you can also google search :nms: fournier's gangrene :nms: if you really want to see some poo poo.

must not happen to any americans. we have the best health care system in the world!

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Floor is lava posted:

going to be my our first year for my office to be in town right next to where they are hosting a chainsaw event

not looking forward to the massive chud crowd spewing covid and the loud as gently caress chainsawing right outside my office wall

ngl chainsaw juggling in a beer garden sounds like a fascinating trainwreck

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

ngl chainsaw juggling in a beer garden sounds like a fascinating trainwreck

the lack of hospital beds adds to the excitement

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Iron Crowned posted:

Here's my doctorin' credentials

this is the best fridge yet + that's some quality doctors penmanship so ur my family doctor now

edit: why are u using garlic powder for taco tuesday when u have a cast iron garlic decombobulator on top of ur fridge

blatman fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 10, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah that's what i mean. all the new grads are trying to get into ortho or whatever

all that's left are the late sixties burnouts who are bitter about their compensation rates. love watching guys who graduated med school in the 70s struggle to do a scope because they didn't grow up with video games

Lol our hospital only has 2 GI doctors uh certified? Credentialed? to do ERCPs. I honestly thought any ol GI would be capable of wiggling an endo and probing a bile duct. Anyway, they only do banking hours, so I'm often doing MRCPs despite the ductal stone already being identified on sono/ct and they need therapeutic ERCP not another $20,000 imaging test to say yep still a gallstone in the duct. Then we transfer them to Philly to get the ERCP. The concept of transferring a patient to another state because your GIs don't wanna come in on weekends is loving wild to me.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Iron Crowned posted:

penmanship looks like poo poo. 10/10, most definitely a doctor. :hmmyes:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My PCR test was negative. Was kind of hoping I was blessed by nurse and was secretly an asymptomatic super spreader. Still makes me think about those two days I had that minor chest heaviness that felt like when I had pneumonia.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

blatman posted:

this is the best fridge yet + that's some quality doctors penmanship so ur my family doctor now

edit: why are u using garlic powder for taco tuesday when u have a cast iron garlic decombobulator on top of ur fridge

I only received the garlic roaster like two weeks ago!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I agree with your stance on tacos.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

blatman posted:

why are u using garlic powder for taco tuesday when u have a cast iron garlic decombobulator on top of ur fridge

get his rear end

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Asproigerosis posted:

My PCR test was negative. Was kind of hoping I was blessed by nurse and was secretly an asymptomatic super spreader. Still makes me think about those two days I had that minor chest heaviness that felt like when I had pneumonia.

Did your hospital offer you the test? I'm still boggled at how expensive the take home test was that I got at cvs. Moving testing focus to that type just seems like why even bother, it's just going through the motions like taking off your belt at the airport. No one is gonna do it right especially people who don't want to be quarantined

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Asproigerosis posted:

Don't worry, there's probably something else horrifically wrong with your body. Cheer up!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

a thousand dollar certificate that you have to get to coach crossfit

ahahhahahahahaha it costs $50 to tattoo in Denver
you even get a picture ID

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol our hospital only has 2 GI doctors uh certified? Credentialed? to do ERCPs. I honestly thought any ol GI would be capable of wiggling an endo and probing a bile duct. Anyway, they only do banking hours, so I'm often doing MRCPs despite the ductal stone already being identified on sono/ct and they need therapeutic ERCP not another $20,000 imaging test to say yep still a gallstone in the duct. Then we transfer them to Philly to get the ERCP. The concept of transferring a patient to another state because your GIs don't wanna come in on weekends is loving wild to me.

My uncle had gallstones. He used it as an excuse to restart his opioid addiction. Last I saw him he was really strung-out.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a doctor of medical mumbo jumbo and i recommend all of you eat a big honkin doodoo

just snarf the hell out of a big ol log

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Zeroisanumber posted:

My uncle had gallstones. He used it as an excuse to restart his opioid addiction. Last I saw him he was really strung-out.

drat. sorry. :( that’s rough

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Dolphin posted:

I'm a doctor of medical mumbo jumbo and i recommend all of you eat a big honkin doodoo

just snarf the hell out of a big ol log

how many mgs of corn kernels should this doodoo have?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Good morning fellow medical professionals shall we begin to warm up the doctoring machine and build some health units for all of our boo boo sectors?

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

durrneez posted:

how many mgs of corn kernels should this doodoo have?

None. Chew better.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as if any of you can honestly say you've never impersonated a medical practitioner

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

personally, I keep all my posting credentials inside the fridge

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I'm vice president of the American Doctor Society

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I'm president joe biden

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

covidactnow.org

lmao Minnesota. Also lmao the little county in SE Iowa

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

mastershakeman posted:

surgeons are just butchers

Scalpel Jocks is a phrase commonly used for surgeons

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

mastershakeman posted:

Did your hospital offer you the test? I'm still boggled at how expensive the take home test was that I got at cvs. Moving testing focus to that type just seems like why even bother, it's just going through the motions like taking off your belt at the airport. No one is gonna do it right especially people who don't want to be quarantined

Yeah I was actually told to go to occupational health to get the test because half the department went out with covid all at once. Seemed kinda pointless since I was never symptomatic and we can work with active covid now anyway. I did knee jerk buy the binax kit two days after I found out I worked on a maskless patient that test positive and I only had my surgical mask on + the heavy lung feeling. First one was negative and I did the second 2 days later at the peak of the minor crummy lung feeling figuring if this ain't hot then I don't have it and it was also negative and the lung thing went away.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

I'm a doctor of doctoring, but my huge Doctor degree was covering up my sweet UNL Vesuvan Doppleganger so I had to use it as firewood during the great wood shortage of 2018

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

durrneez posted:

drat. sorry. :( that’s rough

Eh. He's kind of a dick.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

MadJackal posted:

You are too dumb for words. If there's any credibility left here you'll eat a ban.

Ah yes, Family Medicine, the crayon eaters of the MD world. Tracks that you'd have it on your fridge like getting a gold star for elementary school attendance.

Somehow, I'm not surprised. Did you pass Step 2 on your first try?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I like MRI techs, they don't care how terrified you are, they just want you to stop *loving* moving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Minneapolis still holding out!

lol I'm doomed