Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Longshot: Does anyone have an extra of the creepy helmets from the Sisters Exorcist they didn’t use / would sell me? I did a light search but its either $15 on eBay or shipping from the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Halfway done with my cartoon orks. Kinda now leaning more into pulp adventure novel covers

Probably going to go over the breacher boy with some green contrast as the blue-ish skin just isn't working.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Good call, that green is really working.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Maneck posted:

Good call, that green is really working.

It's mostly this color, but heads up the coverage sucks

https://monumenthobbies.com/collections/pro-acryl-paints/products/pro-acryl-green

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Painted up some additional turret options.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Those are awesome!

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/Jwaugh123/status/1436687470779904007?s=19

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I was thinking of getting 2 tempestus scion boxes to make a kill team, and I noticed the start collecting box would only be $15 more, and gets me a taurox and a comissar as well. Neither of which I need for kill team, but I can flip them or w/e.

Does anyone know if the box has two of the "command" sprues for the scions?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Ristolaz posted:

I was thinking of getting 2 tempestus scion boxes to make a kill team, and I noticed the start collecting box would only be $15 more, and gets me a taurox and a comissar as well. Neither of which I need for kill team, but I can flip them or w/e.

Does anyone know if the box has two of the "command" sprues for the scions?

yes it does. you can make ten regular dudes, or two leaders plus their command squads, or any mix of that

peer fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 11, 2021

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

peer posted:

yes it does. you can make ten regular dudes, or two leaders plus their command squads, or any mix of that

nice thanks!

Now I'm wondering if I should put a scion helmet on the comissar and call him a fancy sargeant for killteam...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ristolaz posted:

nice thanks!

Now I'm wondering if I should put a scion helmet on the comissar and call him a fancy sargeant for killteam...

Why not? Kitbashing and customizing fits KT perfectly

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Ristolaz posted:

nice thanks!

I'd probably keep him for the inevitable expansion that let's you include commissars.

Funnily enough I was going to do the same thing because there is only one Scions box so one of the equipment upgrades is a medic kit and you get one in a scions box etc.

In the end I decided against it because

a) I own like 8 Commissar of various flavours, including the one in the box, and I was tempted to convert him into an Inquisitor but a he would still look too Commissarial to me.

And

b) what the hell would I do with a Taurox (Prime) anyway.

In the end I decided if you want an Astra Militarum KT from scratch you're better off buying two scions boxes and the Cadian infantry squad box.

You will get a maxed out KT roster of 20 dudes, and you'll be able to field a whole scions KT or a mixture of Scions and Guardsmen. Since the new bits were added to the Cadian box it's literally all the bits you could ever want in terms of guns, and between the scions beret heads and the Cadian extra heads you can really customise your team.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Has anyone stuck some beret'd heads on the KT veteran guard? I bet that'd look slick

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Kitchner posted:

b) what the hell would I do with a Taurox (Prime) anyway.

I figured out my answer for this: Terrain

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ristolaz posted:

I figured out my answer for this: Terrain

Turn it into your kill team's radical mobile base with real missile launching action

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Very recently got into the hobby and almost finished painting my first 1000 points of necrons.

Looking at mixing it up a little bit (into slightly different skull robot territory) by starting some admech now, but I notice it’s mostly sold out on GW and at my LGS. That mean anything, or is it just standard “everything’s sold out it’s COVID” territory?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's covid but you an always ask your LGS if they can get from their supplier since it's a different stock than the online store iirc

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Improbable Lobster posted:

Turn it into your kill team's radical mobile base with real missile launching action

This argument is actually nearly enough to make me get one

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

superh posted:

Very recently got into the hobby and almost finished painting my first 1000 points of necrons.

Looking at mixing it up a little bit (into slightly different skull robot territory) by starting some admech now, but I notice it’s mostly sold out on GW and at my LGS. That mean anything, or is it just standard “everything’s sold out it’s COVID” territory?

It's a sign that you don't want an even more horde-y and expensive army than Necrons, and to look at another faction with a lessened model count!

99 CENTS AMIGO fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 11, 2021

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

It's a sign that you don't want an even more horde-y and expensive army than Necrons, and to look at another faction with a lessened model count!

Are you saying I don't have to batch paint 5-10 model units all the time?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

superh posted:

Are you saying I don't have to batch paint 5-10 model units all the time?

Try Custodes and do 1 batch of 15 figures.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

How are tournaments handling and vetting lists now? Mostly still BattleScribe? The official app still has plenty of bugs, it looks like Dynastic Advisors for Necrons has been broken for over a year, it gives you free elite slots instead of bonus Cryptek slots, among other bugs.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Z the IVth posted:

make a 2000 point Imperial Knights list and end up with 5 figures

Sure they're huge but there is only 5 of them

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Solus posted:

make a 2000 point Imperial Knights list and end up with 5 figures

Sure they're huge but there is only 5 of them

Do it, Knights are surprisingly quick and easy to paint. I can finish one faster than I can finish 5 intercessors

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
NGL i low key want to start collecting knights when i know how to play the game a bit better. Something really appeals about the bullshit techno-fuedalism.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Z the IVth posted:

Or play kill team, the new one is more fun than regular 40k imo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The new boxed set has some really nice terrain too.

Loving the new models but I may sell my IG. Don’t really need to start a new army especially since I have so much 2nd Ed IG.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Knights are extremely cool obviously, the only problem is their size. I don’t have a ton of room in my apartment and I’ve kinda had to sell the fact I’m painting “minis” to my wife. As soon as they start being… not mini… there’s going to be A Conversation, haha.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
Regarding Necron construction, why did they make the faces on the new warriors NOT interchangeable? Literally could have make the posts and holes the same size, but I discovered that was not the case halfway through my first batch.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They're all tilted in weird skeleton angles and their necks are bent in different ways is why

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Plus those models were in a bunch of 9E starter sets, and GW like those to be push-fit / simple to assemble so newbies can't make mistakes.

In a related note, my Ork codex & combat patrol just arrived. The box is absolutely packed, looking forward to getting my Waaagh on.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

superh posted:

Knights are extremely cool obviously, the only problem is their size. I don’t have a ton of room in my apartment and I’ve kinda had to sell the fact I’m painting “minis” to my wife. As soon as they start being… not mini… there’s going to be A Conversation, haha.

Thankfully you only need a handful of them, and overall they don't take up as much space as a standard 2000-point army. They're more tall than they are wide/deep.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Played some Warhammer vs a friend and we used the terrain rules where if you are in the bottom of a building you can't shoot out or be shot. Not sure if I like it. I is a bit ridiculous with the bodyguard rule. I like it better if you are touching you can be targeted.

My necrons got murdered by salamander dredds because I have 0 heavy guns that do anything.
Sad.

MRLOLAST fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 12, 2021

techno allah
Sep 29, 2005

where'd you get that terrain from?

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

techno allah posted:

where'd you get that terrain from?

Not mine but my friends.
https://sarissa-precision.com/

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

MRLOLAST posted:

Played some Warhammer vs a friend and we used the terrain rules where if you are in the bottom of a building you can't shoot out or be shot. Not sure if I like it. I is a bit ridiculous with the bodyguard rule. I like it better if you are touching you can be targeted.

My necrons got murdered by salamander dredds because I have 0 heavy guns that do anything.
Sad.

lol you also got murdered because the board is full of line of sight blocking terrain that has a large surface area and ignore the rules of the game. It basically means your entire mostly infantry army had to step out right in front of his close combat favouring army to even shoot him...

I'm sure your friend didn't mean to basically deliberately create the best possible match up he could have, but this is real bad.

A lot of the terrain doesn't have windows at the bottom floor you could see through, in which case it's just Obscuring, Breachable, Light Cover, Heavy Cover etc. However, there's no combination of terrain keywords that stop you from shooting through a window if you're inside area terrain.

Firstly to define the terrain as either area terrain or obstacle. If it's an obstacle then people can't "enter" the terrain so therefore if you can "enter" the terrain it has to be area terrain. Unless you count every single wall as it's own obstacle which is a huge stretch.

If you say they are area terrain there's no keyword which makes it block LoS apart from Obscuring, which very clearly states that if you're in the terrain it doesn't matter. This is what would make sense to run those buildings as.

Literally the only way to twist the rules to even make "Let's play it so you can enter buildings but can't shoot in or out of them" a Thing is to define to terrain that each individual wall and ceiling in the terrain is an "obstacle" that as the obscuring keyword. This is technically RAW possible but is very clearly not intended. There's even a huge fire lane down the middle of the board running across the mid board but of course you're deploying in such a way that it's totally useless (and as a reminder, you pick the mission first, put down the objectives THEN design the board). Even if you did this it then means you'd have to be within 3" of the wall on the lip of the buildings to get cover, which means his blob of marines would only have like half the models benefitting from cover.

I have no idea about the detail of what you did in the game obviously, but if you show me a list that is a necron hoard list with 90% shooting and show me that table and tell me they are playing space marines with two redemptor dreadnoughts and blade guard veterans I'd call it for space marines every game

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 12, 2021

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Cheers, the game was horrible and the ruins where just a staging area for the marines to enter and then leave on their turn and blow me apart while I couldn't do poo poo vs them. It felt really bad so I am glad that we miss-understood the new GW terrain recommendations. Basically I am fine as treating the ruins as obscuring on the front but they should not be so from the sides or the back, I did not get any opportunity to use veil of darkness T1 because everything was in a box except vehicles and untargetable characters. If I was playing sisters and my oppo did not have any out of LOS shooting I would just have let them stay in there the entire game safe from harm until they where close enough for a 7+12 inch charge. Would feel extremely unfair.

MRLOLAST fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 12, 2021

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Chainclaw posted:

How are tournaments handling and vetting lists now? Mostly still BattleScribe? The official app still has plenty of bugs, it looks like Dynastic Advisors for Necrons has been broken for over a year, it gives you free elite slots instead of bonus Cryptek slots, among other bugs.

The same way they always have, by hand.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Having been out of the game for some time and it's looking increasingly like I will be able to completely build up an army before I ever actually play I was wondering if anyone would care to critique an Admech list I've thrown together as something I'd like to play I think. I used to like to play at tournaments but not competitively or anything, but not looking to be consistently mauled either. (Also I don't have it in me to paint a horde and I like using stuff I think is cool) Basically, I'm looking at a thematic Metalica/Raven combo inspired by a list I saw on Goonhammer.

Battalion with Manipulus with Nechromechanic/Metalican Lung/Logi
-Technoarcheologist/Artisans
-3 Kataphron Breachers
-3 Kataphron Breachers
-10 Rangers/Data Tether
-10 Vanguard/Data Tether/Alpha w/phosphor pistol/maul because I had 10 points
-7 Infiltrators/Flechette/Taser
-1 Cybernetica Datasmith
-4 Ballistari
-5 Serberys Raiders/Data Tether
-5 Serberys Raiders/Data Tether
-3 Kastelans with Heavy Phosphors/Phospors/Fist

SuperHeavy Aux with Knight Crusader with Blessed By Metalica/Armour of the Sainted Ion/RFBC/IMP

Knight of the Iron Cog/Heirlooms/Exalted Court leaving me 6CP at 1999pts. Last time I played was before command points maybe like 5th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

MRLOLAST posted:

Cheers, the game was horrible and the ruins where just a staging area for the marines to enter and then leave on their turn and blow me apart while I couldn't do poo poo vs them. It felt really bad so I am glad that we miss-understood the new GW terrain recommendations. Basically I am fine as treating the ruins as obscuring on the front but they should not be so from the sides or the back, I did not get any opportunity to use veil of darkness T1 because everything was in a box except vehicles and untargetable characters. If I was playing sisters and my oppo did not have any out of LOS shooting I would just have let them stay in there the entire game safe from harm until they where close enough for a 7+12 inch charge. Would feel extremely unfair.

Yeah, he was using the old 8th edition ITC rules, which were designed to compensate for firing line armies like Tau just lining up at the back of the board and blowing you away. Note that those rules were unofficial tournament rules, never official GW rules. In 9th, firing line armies are already weakened by the requirement to move forward to get objectives, and the new 9th edition terrain rules are there to help you out as well.

Which is a long way to say that no one plays the "you can't shoot through the first floor of terrain" anymore, and even when people did back in 8th, it was only at some tournaments.