Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Torres and Tom Paris date???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Brawnfire posted:

Harry got lots of last-ditch booty calls but insisted on treating them as first dates "out of respect"

Never gets a second "date" out of it

Hello my first two years of college

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Did we ever see the Delaney sisters on screen?

Are we sure they weren't Patty and Selma?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah we saw them.

Hang on

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Zesty posted:

Yeah we saw them once. Hang on.

Delaney gratification

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Not from show:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Well I'll be a bald kazon. They're real!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

External Organs posted:

Well I'll be a bald kazon.

I can only imagine how pitted their head would be, like an asteroid

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

I can only imagine how pitted their head would be, like an asteroid

Baby kazon are plucked from the scalp of either gender, the hair akin to the greens of a beetroot. The kazon barber is a sacred and terrible profession.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

External Organs posted:

Baby kazon are plucked from the scalp of either gender, the hair akin to the greens of a beetroot. The kazon barber is a sacred and terrible profession.

A horrifying mandrake Kazon baby just screeching as they clean it with dry sand

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Harry Kim once used his replicator ration to replicate flowers to give to his videogame waifu.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Mrs. Dash posted:

I tired to get into it but it felt even more simplified than SFC3. Maybe it plays different at high levels. I started through the first few missions of the klingon campaign and got bored after the star trek novelty wore off.

Yeah, you'd need to get to somewhere around lvl 30 before you can realistically start to choose what you want to do, more than 80% of the content is designed for maxleveled captains to get better stuff for their ships or ground crew. Or grind for a new ship. This includes several of the current episodes, since you should hit level gap around 2/3 of the federation "campaign".

Basically the leveling system at this point is a glorified tutorial, and the last completely new thing that unlocks is the admirality system for managing your own personal fleet, which opens at 50 or so. However, unlike other MMORPGs this takes about a week per character, not two months and some races like Jem'hadar start near the level gap to begin with.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Does that picard trailer seem like it's claiming q created the mirror universe?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CainFortea posted:

Seems like. Solution is obviously just to find Sisko and get him to punch q in the face until he undoes it.

They probably won't go with that though. :(

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Actually, this Q is the one who got lean and angry and kicked Sisko's rear end in the ascendaverse octagon; now he's taking no poo poo from no mortals, he's splitting world-lines at a whim to gently caress your head up

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

dr_rat posted:

Seems like. Solution is obviously just to find Sisko and get him to punch q in the face until he undoes it.

They probably won't go with that though. :(

What people miss about that scene is that Q enjoyed the fact that he was punched in the face. After he protested that Picard never hit him, and Sisko answered that he wasn't Picard, Q got this evil smirk and said, "No, you're much easier to provoke " before vanishing, looking a lot like a kitten who was happy he just found a new mouse to play with.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Sisko would be more annoying for Q to deal with, what with him being part Prophet and everything, especially when you consider that he apparently has trouble with Guinan.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Q spends all this time coming up with ways to gently caress with Sisko and Sisko just quietly deals with it off-screen, where it belongs, there's more important things to be done, there's a goddamn war!

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

CainFortea posted:

I love it when dumb motherfuckers needlessly tidy up "loose ends" in a way that makes the setting smaller and less compelling

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I could be down for a whole season in the mirror universe but it looks like it's just going to be one episode.

This is like, one of the things a bigger budget could really expand since all the other Trek's mirror universe episodes were just "It's the same cast wearing mustaches/eye patches/leather on the same sets". Hell yeah I wanna see what fascist hellscape earth with Picard as the Emporer is like. Those were the fun episodes of Discovery.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I could be down for a whole season in the mirror universe but it looks like it's just going to be one episode.

This is like, one of the things a bigger budget could really expand since all the other Trek's mirror universe episodes were just "It's the same cast wearing mustaches/eye patches/leather on the same sets". Hell yeah I wanna see what fascist hellscape earth with Picard as the Emporer is like. Those were the fun episodes of Discovery.

I mean, it would have been better if it turns out that season 1 was actually mirror universe, which would explain why the federation was all fascist and lovely. And that was a big reveal at the end.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
those were not, in fact, the fun episodes of discovery.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

CainFortea posted:

I mean, it would have been better if it turns out that season 1 was actually mirror universe, which would explain why the federation was all fascist and lovely. And that was a big reveal at the end.

weren't the terran rebels winning by the end of DS9? as conditions improve in the mirror universe, the prime universe declines

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

Q spends all this time coming up with ways to gently caress with Sisko and Sisko just quietly deals with it off-screen, where it belongs, there's more important things to be done, there's a goddamn war!

Star Trek: Fun Pranks for Q to Play on Picard

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

those were not, in fact, the fun episodes of discovery.

Thinking back on them, those were the only good episodes of disco except the Harry Mudd one

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Enterprise and DS9 had the best use for the Mirror Universe; A chance for the actors to go ham playing villainous and duplicitous versions of their characters. It's not really a format you're supposed to take seriously like Disco tries to.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Star Trek: Fun Pranks for Q to Play on Picard

Up the bergamot oil content in Picard's earl grey tea by a small amount each time until Picard notices

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sisko was able to punch Q in the face at all because he is part prophet - change my mind

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I think there are two good episodes of Disco.

The Mudd one, and there's one where they go to some nature planet that actually kinda feels like an old episode of Trek.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I legit enjoyed the short trek set on an empty disco in the future with some neat sentient AI.

basically disco is better the more of the cast they remove.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

External Organs posted:

I legit enjoyed the short trek set on an empty disco in the future with some neat sentient AI.

basically disco is better the more of the cast they remove.

Short Treks don't count, because they're all good.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Like the one where the genius scientist acts like a crazed wild animal to set up the twist that she's actually not?

loving stellar writing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Better writing than all of regular Disco, Picard and a third of Voyager.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Discovery's technobabble, especially everything in season two regarding the red angel makes 100% of Voyager's technobabble sound like loving hard as nails sci Fi.

Edit: I want a short trek where Quark smuggles a doopler onto DS9

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Clark Nova posted:

weren't the terran rebels winning by the end of DS9? as conditions improve in the mirror universe, the prime universe declines

Section 31 learns this, crosses over into the mirror universe and plots to secretly take over the governments and ruin everyone's lives.

Nobody notices.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

doing the whole mirror universe thing sucks my balls. the picard show loving sucks. patrick stewart is a bald fool.
alex kurtzman? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FRPoJIrlI

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Clark Nova posted:

The ones around Bajor were, but Bajor was the rear end end of the quadrant weeks away from earth. Destabilizing things there might not have had much effect anywhere else. It's all a bit tricky because the terrans winning wouldn't necessarily make things better. Terrans are dicks.

If the comics are canon, Worf had been a slave on the Enterprise a few years earlier. The terran empire had fallen, but there were still terran empire ships running around and Emperor Spock was still alive.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

tng episode parallels already established there are an infinite number of mirror universes so star trek: suck my balls it's all garbage

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Facebook Aunt posted:

The ones around Bajor were, but Bajor was the rear end end of the quadrant weeks away from earth. Destabilizing things there might not have had much effect anywhere else. It's all a bit tricky because the terrans winning wouldn't necessarily make things better. Terrans are dicks.

If the comics are canon, Worf had been a slave on the Enterprise a few years earlier. The terran empire had fallen, but there were still terran empire ships running around and Emperor Spock was still alive.

We Are The Goon Squad And We’re Coming For You

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I forgot the lyric is “coming to town” and somehow that’s still only the second most embarrassing David Bowie and Star Trek crossover in existence. Discovery season two was real poo poo