Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

chapo thread apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Ok Comboomer posted:

I heard that asking what happened to Virgil was grounds for an immediate probation in the Chapo thread, is this true?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok Comboomer posted:

I heard that asking what happened to Virgil was grounds for an immediate probation in the Chapo thread, is this true?

Yeah you're supposed to go to Brianna Joy Gray's twitter to ask that

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the first person singular present of ser? not on my watch

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Roobanguy posted:

I don’t remember who it was, but someone a few months ago was definitely angry about the term soy boy face, and tried to claim it’s actually called something else by everyone but chuds.

They didn't claim everyone used another term, they said people should use another one and suggested one they'd heard because soy face comes from and is used by idiots. Then some posters got real mad and apparently haven't let it go if they're still making poo poo up about it in other threads.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

It's not a slur, it's just sexist and homophobic.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Wizard Master posted:

Someone in the Chapo Trap House thread said “soy” was considered a slur in this thread, is this true? Seems pretty silly if that’s the case
Using "soy" as a derogatory adjective puts you in the same category as calling people calling people cucks and betas. "Slur" is a stretch, because it's less "I can't believe you just called someone that" and more "based on the language you're using, I can tell that you're an awful person so I'm going to immediately write you off as an rear end in a top hat that isn't worth listening to or arguing with"

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

They didn't claim everyone used another term, they said people should use another one

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Jesus Christ folks. it's called muppeting. Everyone knows what muppeting is.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Ok? Sorry, should have known someone would still be upset enough to actually search for a months old post and double checked how they put it myself. How they said it was dumb but also reads like a joke, so eh.

It's hilarious people got so pissed that not everyone likes soy as an insult that they're making poo poo up months later in another thread.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wizard master'd again

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Ok? Sorry, should have known someone would still be upset enough to actually search for a months old post and double checked how they put it myself. How they said it was dumb but also reads like a joke, so eh.

It's hilarious people got so pissed that not everyone likes soy as an insult that they're making poo poo up months later in another thread.

You're making us look bad in front of chapo fans

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Oh no.

Should I make offerings of jokes quoted from a child predator?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
it's p funny to me that the chapo thread apparently thinks that this thread is full of people who get butthurt about insults toward the brothers and stereotypical maxfun fans and not the complete opposite of those people

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is a thread for people who love travis and think it's important to be serious when you're playing among us

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Travis is cringe but at least he never groomed a 16 year old. Sorry to be soy, everyone.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

eke out posted:

this is a thread for people who love travis and think it's important to be serious when you're playing among us

https://youtu.be/eYO1-gGWJyo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Never apologise for being yourself, hombre

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
the only funny part about the Virgil debacle is how he managed to *shoop* himself away from the world and the internet in no time flat, tho I guess covid+$$$ makes that easy

He remains on the thumbnail art for Bad Faith tho, at least on Apple Podcasts

I feel like our equivalent is maybe when Travis made some cringey jokes about Harry Stiles and then owned up to queerbaiting and also apologized for being straight, which was lol, and also blamed it on ADHD and narcissism? Which I guess is fair?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ok Comboomer posted:

Travis made some cringey jokes about Harry Stiles and then owned up to queerbaiting and also apologized for being straight

just remembered this happened and laughed out loud

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
or maybe when game recognize game Rachel Rosing tried to superfan her way into vaunted Yolanda Saldivar status with the McElroys over the course of multiple years only to then have a very public falling out with them when Sydnee used the term “healthy body weight”

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ok Comboomer posted:

also blamed it on ADHD and narcissism? Which I guess is fair?

It would be fair if both of those conditions weren't self-diagnosed

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

It would be fair if both of those conditions weren't self-diagnosed

do we know that they are?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Extremely neurotypical of you to expect a professional diagnosis of ADHD past the age of 10

doctors just tell you to gently caress off

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

lol if you doubt those diagnoses for even a second, but no, there is no evidence they're self-diagnosed and he's talked about therapy and medication a bit before iirc like Justin has re: GAD (and Sydnee has re: PPD).

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I can’t believe nobody’s complimented my Selena reference yet

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok Comboomer posted:

the only funny part about the Virgil debacle is how he managed to *shoop* himself away from the world and the internet in no time flat, tho I guess covid+$$$ makes that easy

He remains on the thumbnail art for Bad Faith tho, at least on Apple Podcasts

I feel like our equivalent is maybe when Travis made some cringey jokes about Harry Stiles and then owned up to queerbaiting and also apologized for being straight, which was lol, and also blamed it on ADHD and narcissism? Which I guess is fair?

He's still on Briahna's twitter profile background

She just finished haranguing a Jewish author who just woke a book exposing Nazis in America asking why she wasn't focused on deradicalizing Nazis. Then cut up the interview to imply the Jewish author wasn't anti Nazi enough.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
what the hell are we even talking about in here, who are these people and why do we care

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
e: dp

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

mcelroys would have voted for warren

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mae posted:

mcelroys would have voted for warren

Look we already know they suck.

But just like Tim Allen they are still funny and I will not miss any of their movies. MORE POWER ROWF ROWF ROWF. hahaha man that poo poo gets me everytime. Remember that time he killed Santa?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Griffin’s Urchin voice is absolutely killing me. It’s so drat funny.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Travis is cringe but at least he never groomed a 16 year old. Sorry to be soy, everyone.

as far as we know

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

inferis posted:

as far as we know

Hey same goes for you. You could have groomed like 10 16 year olds.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Stroop There It Is posted:

lol if you doubt those diagnoses for even a second, but no, there is no evidence they're self-diagnosed and he's talked about therapy and medication a bit before iirc like Justin has re: GAD (and Sydnee has re: PPD).

He has specifically stated (in the past so it's very possible he has actually been diagnosed by a professional at this point) that his NPD was self diagnosed.

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/812046832142585856?s=20
(The tweet he's responding to is now protected, but was asking about NPD.)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

TL posted:

Griffin’s Urchin voice is absolutely killing me. It’s so drat funny.

Urchin has some Rude Tales of Magic vibes

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

is it just me or is Urchin voice 100% Meatwad

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

He has specifically stated (in the past so it's very possible he has actually been diagnosed by a professional at this point) that his NPD was self diagnosed.

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/812046832142585856?s=20
(The tweet he's responding to is now protected, but was asking about NPD.)
I'm going by what he's said in the interim but can't source it so :shrug:

e:

Bip Roberts posted:

drat no penis disorder
that's what I have

I'm a trans guy :imunfunny:

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 10, 2021

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

this thread is bad enough without me having to pretend to care about whatever chapo and its fans are doing in the 2021st year of our lord

anyways, i thought that TAZ episode was pretty solid. enjoyed urchin. thought the team dynamic was pretty fun and am looking forward to hearing how they deal with the huge, lovely clam.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
drat no penis disorder

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

QuoProQuid posted:

this thread is bad enough without me having to pretend to care about whatever chapo and its fans are doing in the 2021st year of our lord

anyways, i thought that TAZ episode was pretty solid. enjoyed urchin. thought the team dynamic was pretty fun and am looking forward to hearing how they deal with the huge, lovely clam.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Stroop There It Is posted:

is it just me or is Urchin voice 100% Meatwad

Yes! That's it! I couldn't place it but it's absolutely a Meatwad voice.