Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
One of my favorite artist names to throw in is Zdzisław Beksiński.

Babar's palace in the style of--

(wish there were was an easy to use generator that did larger ones)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Beartato House

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

I highly suggest scripting this. that way you can just type a command and it spits out a meltdown PM

I wonder if anyone is working on a ML version of this...

Please tell me someone knows where you can generate a scripted meltdown post.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

One of my favorite artist names to throw in is Zdzisław Beksiński.

Babar's palace in the style of--

(wish there were was an easy to use generator that did larger ones)

Makes me think of a musroom's underside.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So I generated some more images:
Simpsons painted by Zdzisław Beksiński

This one turned out really well. The whole family is there. (from left to right: Maggie, Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa)
Harry Potter painted by Zdzisław Beksiński

The boy who died

I really like the results of using "painted by Zdzisław Beksiński", the only issue is that tends to use the same color palette.

Post Apocalyptic Thomas Kinkade

Half-Life 3 Screenshot

I figured using the word screenshot would generate images that look like game screenshots, and it seems to work.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

Beartato House

I immediately saw it after you said it and started laughing, unbelievably good

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Please tell me someone knows where you can generate a scripted meltdown post.

Crosspost from sagas thread. I was gonna try more of these but I don't think GPT3 can top this

quote:

DEAR RICHARD,

I have received your letter of the 30th ult.

I have not read the letters I have received from you, but have come to the resolution of never reading another. It is enough that I hear that you are unhappy or in pain, without being obliged at every moment to renew the idea.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This one turned out really well. The whole family is there. (from left to right: Maggie, Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa)

idgi, i don't see anything i recognise as a simpson

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Beartato House

The best I could manage after a few tries...

I can see it, honestly. Though it had a bit of trouble trying to imagine Beartato and Reginald together...

At least it knows that one is tall and one is short. Reginald on his own didn't fare much better...

Maybe it's a Ren-and-Stimpy style closeup.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Harry Potter painted by Zdzisław Beksiński

The boy who died

These are fuckin' rad

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The Simpson Episode #1439
Homer becomes a Hollywood insider when he befriends P.T. Barnum, Jr., the leading nitrous oxide gas producer in the United States. Meanwhile, Principal Skinner faces fraud charges after his work vehicles are destroyed in a fire at the family's home.

The Simpson Episode #1053
In this clip show, Bart and Lisa air their grievances against the state of Springfield Elementary until they hit on a common grievance: Milhouse is not strong enough to be president.

The Simpson Episode #1049
Marge decides to start babysitting Bart, Lisa and Maggie - until a freak lightning storm causes them to be strapped into wheel bars and thrown into the dungeons of winter spent with giant, barred iron bars running through the backyard.

The Simpson Episode #2343
The Simpsons re-enact the Nativity; The Simpsons buy a satellite television; The Simpsons' relationship is strained when Homer refuses to watch Bubba the Clown's Nativity.

The Simpson Episode #1487
Marge tries to birth a thousand baby girls so she can be a mother for all of them.

The Simpson Episode #1179
The Simpsons go back to New York City so that Bart can learn to talk.

The Simpson Episode #2027
Homer appears to be a sociopath, devours his human parents' child, and goes on a path of destruction through the Simpsons' house.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Before I post a few couple of videos, I am finding that ending titles with "by Alexander Kohn" just takes the result to some wild place.

Alexander Kohn is an artist name I found under scifi artists in Wikipedia who made the kind of pulp comic look I was going for.

example:

I was making a few titles with "lalafell" because they are weird looking hobbits in FFXIV. See below.

gently caress... I get like one good lalafell in the middle but one image was just surrounded by realistic caricatures of screaming human babies. Nothing like that pulp fiction cover I was looking for.

I then did "by Alexander Kohn" with another subject and it makes it weird as gently caress as well.

Someone try it out on their own system because it's totally wild.

Also: [your title] + " bible tract by Jack Chick" is great poo poo.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Oh poo poo this blunt's huuuge lmao"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

2343 was a good run. However, time moves on...

quote:

Good news! Now that Disney owns Fox, the Disney executives have decided to reboot "The Simpsons" for modern audiences. Disney wants to update the characters and story of "The Simpsons" and is making the following improvements to the show's premise:
- Instead of a sitcom about a blue-collar family living in Springfield,
we're going to be telling an original story set in the future. The new series will focus on a family who are wealthy and live in a gated community called "Springfield."
- We'll be introducing robots into the mix as well.
- I'm not sure if you've noticed, but there's been a lot more robot stories lately. Robot stories are becoming very popular right now. The robot will be a recurring character.
- Marge will be a well-rounded character. She won't be just the wife that stays at home to cook and raise the kids and spout gospel all the time. We're going to give her a job. She'll be an aspiring writer.
- Lisa will become a lesbian.
- Bart will be cooler than he is in the show now. He'll be a drug dealer.
- Nelson will still be an idiot.
- The kids from "The Bad News Bears" will be recurring characters.
- Flanders will still be a pain in the rear.
- And, of course, there will be an evil corporation trying to take over the world.
- The series will be written by the same people who wrote "The Dictator" and "The Wolfman."
- The theme song will be written by the guy who wrote "Jaws" and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."
- The show will still be called "The Simpsons." (Ed. - This is a parody, right?)
- Fox has already greenlit the show. It will begin production this year.
- The only actor who has signed on is Michael Caine. He'll play the head of the evil corporation.
- All the other main characters will be written for TV.
- We want this to be the most realistic Simpsons ever made.
- Here are the changes we're making:
- Homer is a hard-working man. He gets up every morning at five to go to work at the power plant, where he saves children from burning buildings.
- Bart is a genius and a nerd. He's smarter than Bart Simpson ever was. He doesn't go to school, because he's too busy writing computer programs for his illegal financial business online.
- Lisa is a gopher at the EPA.
- Maggie is a beautiful, talented and brilliant child. She's a prodigy.
- The family live in a mansion.
- Marge is Jennifer Lawrence.
- Homer's father was in the war with the Grinch's father. They both saved each others' lives and now respect each other.
- Ned Flanders is the head of the media empire "Krustyland."
- Krusty the Klown is a transvestite clown. (Ed. - This one is a little strange, but in a good way!)
- Santa's Little Helper is a crazy, America-hating dog.
- Apu is a hard-working, stupid Indian man. (Ed. - Citing real life examples once again.)
- Principal Skinner is a strong, black man.
- Dr. Hibbert is a disabled, Jewish clown.
- Flanders is a Christian and a coward, who uses his faith to cover up his cowardice.
- Skinner is an atheist, but he's a patriot.
- Moe is a war hero, and really likes to drink. (Ed. - Another real life example!)
- Lenny is an illegal immigrant, working on a chicken farm to pay for his Law Degree.
- Carl is a happy, white skinned devil worshipper.
- All the Simpsons are single, except for Bart and Nelson, who are in a relationship.
- The show will be called "The Simpsons."
- All the other shows will become "The Simpsons" rip-offs.
- The main characters will watch them, and comment on how bad they are.

We want people to know that we're not trying to destroy "The Simpsons," we're just trying to make them better.

Uh. Not so sure about some of those changes, Disney...

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I forgot which thread I was in for a second and got really nervous.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

feedmyleg posted:

Lol, I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your prompt to try it out and

quote:

Good news! Now that Disney owns Fox, the Disney executives have decided to reboot "The Simpsons" for modern audiences. Disney wants to update the characters and story of "The Simpsons" and is making the following improvements to the show's premise:
- Instead of a sitcom about a blue-collar family living in Springfield, they are now a family of professional footballers living in London, so the entire show will be set in the present day.
- The entire family will be black, because it's a comedy, and not all of the families depicted in the original show were white.
- The main character's name will be Lisa, because they are a girl.
- It will be a more sophisticated show, with more "black" jokes, and less "racist" jokes, because this is the 21st century and black people are no longer oppressed.
- Homer's last name will be "White" instead of "Simpson" to reflect his "diversity"
- They are making the show so it will be more relevant to people of today because "The Simpsons" is meant to be a timeless classic.
- There will be more football action! More action! More action!

UM.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That editor certainly has some opinions

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

feedmyleg posted:

This AI-generated, right? RIGHT?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Good news! Disney has heard your concerns.

quote:

Press Release: Disney Responds to Simpsons Reboot Controversy

Recently, we here at the Disney corporation released some details surrounding our planned reboot of "The Simpsons" television show. We announced a number of sweeping improvements to the characters and story which were met with negative feedback from fans.

We've heard your concerns about these changes and have listened. We are making several changes to the series that will improve its quality while maintaining the spirit of what made it so popular in the first place.
First, Homer Simpson will no longer be on the show. He is not only an iconic character, but he has been for many years. While we recognize his popularity, we feel that this would detract too much from the overall tone of the show.
Second, Marge will be written out of the show as well. While she has played an important supporting role, she has become more of a problem than a solution. Her character is so well liked by fans that her presence just became a nuisance to the production crew. We understand that she is popular and hopefully her future roles will be better.
Third, Lisa Simpson will be written out of the show. While her character has been a positive addition, we feel that it's time to get rid of her so that the main story arc can progress and the show can be more watchable.
Fourth, Bart will remain in the show. While we understand that he is a fan favorite and there was some discussion about removing him as well, we felt his antics were too important to the story of Springfield to cut.
Finally, there will be a complete reboot of the story. The makers of the show have promised it will maintain the same quirky humor that made the show so popular while also improved character development. The first episode will feature a different opening and a different family in the house.
We here at The Walt Disney Company are dedicated to the art of animation and look forward to bringing "The Simpsons" back to television in a big way.
Sincerely,
Edgar J. Disney

Problem solved!

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I'm down with Edgar J. Disney's reboot plans.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Been a while since I've seen a good fleshfriend

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Lmao. Give me more TV shows rebooted by AI

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Captain Hygiene posted:

Been a while since I've seen a good fleshfriend

Oh poo poo, a two-tiered entity!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

:thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCeeTfsm8bk&t=22s

--

First Church of Christ, Assassin

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

If you're looking for writing prompts, go to The Onion or Clickhole and look for a few headlines with potential. Grab the title and first few paragraphs as a prompt for the AI, and feed it additional paragraphs as needed to keep it on topic. This is already a pretty good Onion article, but the AI got the joke right away, and knocked one out of the park in the last few sentences.

quote:

Report: 90% Of Waking Hours Spent Staring At Glowing Rectangles

PALO ALTO, CA—A new report published this week by researchers at Stanford University suggests that Americans spend the vast majority of each day staring at, interacting with, and deriving satisfaction from glowing rectangles.
"From the moment they wake up in the morning, to the moment they lose consciousness at night, Americans are in near-constant visual contact with bright, pulsating rectangles," said Dr. Richard Menken, lead author of the report, looking up briefly from the gleaming quadrangle that sits on his desk.
"Whether it's a desktop model, a handheld device, or an integrated screen in the user's eyeglasses or clothing, countless Americans are all within arm's reach of a glowing rectangle."
According to the report, staring blankly at luminescent rectangles is an increasingly central part of modern life.
"The average American will spend upward of two hours every day doing absolutely nothing but staring at these glowing screens," Menken said. "For many, this is the most fulfilling part of their day."
Researchers were able to identify nearly 30 varieties of glowing rectangles that play some role throughout the course of each day. Among them: handheld rectangles, music-playing rectangles, mobile communication rectangles, personal work rectangles, and bright alarm cubes, which emit a high-pitched reminder that it's time to rise from one's bed and move toward the rectangles in one's kitchen.
"We discovered in almost all cases that Americans find it enjoyable and rewarding to put their faces in front of glowing rectangles for hours on end," said Howard West, a prominent sociologist on the Stanford team. "Furthermore, when citizens are not staring slack-jawed at these mesmerizing shapes, many appear to become lost, confused, and unsure of what they should be doing to occupy themselves."

"If they do not stare at rectangles, most people seem to just sit around and think," West added. West's team, which compiled its findings in the 700-page document entitled "The Rectangle Obsession," has urged the government to intervene in what it sees as a growing epidemic.
"The only potential remedy we can see is limited public access to rectangles," said Dr. West. "It's not perfect, but at least it's something.
While a majority of the iridescent shapes are employed for recreation, thought-relief, and during the late hours of the night, sexual gratification, others are used to effectively impart orders and commands to the American populace. According to researchers, these rectangles help to notify citizens about which brand of domestic detergent to buy, what direction to drive their vehicles in, and how many more seconds a food item must remain inside its revolving radiation chamber before it can be hurriedly consumed.
"These shapes serve as windows to an artificial world of breathtaking beauty and unsurpassed technological achievement," said West, staring forlornly at a blank patch of wall. "Behold, the human body is cast into an inhuman shadow of death when deprived of its glory. It's only then that we realize how the light hits a certain way on a woman's hair, and how that splendor can traverse the vast infinity of space to land on our planet. The infinite wonder of the cosmos, the miracle of life, and the secrets of the galaxy are all within these shapes."
Many citizens admit to being dissatisfied. Some experts believe this is because many of these rectangles are over ten years old. "I didn't realize just how far behind the rest of the world we've fallen," says Mary Cook of Gary, Indiana, who recently purchased a new pulsating rectangle after her eight year old one broke down. "Here I am, out of the loop, not knowing what's going on with my soaps or whether my cat is dead or alive."
"I wish ours was bigger," said Susan Miller, an Iowa homemaker who feels a deep sense of emptiness and fear when not in front of a luminous two-dimensional object. "Our neighbors across the street have one twice the size of ours."
The health effects of this condition have not yet been extensively studied, but the startling discovery that the American military has been using millions of unsuspecting civilians as guinea pigs was recently revealed in a leaked document released by the FBI. This document, found at an isolated safehouse in Kabul, is printed from an official U.S. military website.
In the 1940s, the United States military began toying with the idea of creating the most powerful weapon ever known to man: the television. Recent advances in physics had led military officials to believe that this "television" could be used to subliminally brainwash its viewers into loving their leaders and everything the country stands for.
<Syd> drat, you're good.
<Rach> I'm not done.

The military, however, did not anticipate the effects television would have on the rest of the world. Instead of brainwashing foreign enemies, American viewers became entranced by the new technology and American values, and soon they were no longer communist-sympathizing liberal atheists but rather gun-toting Christian conservatives that voted Republican. This unforeseen result of the weapon the military had created was soon used for good, as it helped spread American culture to foreign lands. Soon, the world became united as one, under the gaze of a flickering screen.
Im sorry if I posted this before

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Syd Midnight posted:

If you're looking for writing prompts, go to The Onion or Clickhole and look for a few headlines with potential. Grab the title and first few paragraphs as a prompt for the AI, and feed it additional paragraphs as needed to keep it on topic. This is already a pretty good Onion article, but the AI got the joke right away, and knocked one out of the park in the last few sentences.

One thing that I love doing when doing GPT and giving it more prompts (like AI dungeon and this) is to add a twist. It can deal with a bunch of different ones in many ways unless there is so much corpus that it just shatters*

Just add this and just go off to the unknown.

• This was believed to be fact until the real truth came out.
  • Then, unexpectedly,
  • This all changed one rainy day.
  • At least, that was going to happen until the Salvation Army responded.
  • While presenting on the theory of rectangle theory, a gun ran out.

*what breaking looks like. I found this one because ai dungeon asserts it's working perfectly. it's working perfectly. it's working perfectly.

EVIL Gibson has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Sep 9, 2021

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Syd Midnight posted:

What are you using to generate this?

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Farecoal posted:

What are you using to generate this?

AI Dungeon's "Dragon" engine, which runs on an instance of GPT-3 "DaVinci" (the 175 billion parameter one). AI Dungeon isn't meant to be used for free-form writing but it's easy to work around that. I hear NovelAI is better for writing purposes, it uses an open source GPT but users can fine tune the AI with text files.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Man I miss Talk to Transformer

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

RIP Brenda.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

who will help her kids to be disadvantaged now? so sad

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Glad my bullshit detector is still working! Something about that felt way too calculatedly wacky.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Glad my bullshit detector is still working! Something about that felt way too calculatedly wacky.

We pass from an era in which cutting edge AIs are good enough at NLP to be indistinguishable from human shitposters, and approach an era in which a human shitposter trying to emulate the latest creative AIs would fail because the AI wouldn't write or draw something quite that shittily. They're guileless.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I give it another 3-5 years for someone to collect enough "my 'AI' wrote this" writing samples to feed to a GPT and get authentic wacky AI.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

zedprime posted:

I give it another 3-5 years for someone to collect enough "my 'AI' wrote this" writing samples to feed to a GPT and get authentic wacky AI.

You could definitely do it now with the torrent of "I fed a bot 1000 hours of media property x and this is what it came up with!" style 'joke' tweets from a few years back.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlddIYFXXFo

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

zedprime posted:

That's basically what reddit did with r/SubSimulatorGPT2 and they fed it/r/totallynotrobots
https://www.reddit.com/user/totallynotrobotsGPT2/submitted/

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

I made some guts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1OushE-93c

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM22hqwm9CM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007