Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

empty whippet box posted:

wow your kid goes to school with the legendary max titers??
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Israel would be putting more of a dent in their COVID case numbers if they just let more people catch COVID and develop natural immunity
https://twitter.com/MartyMakary/status/1435775039887056897?s=20

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Marty Malarky

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Fenarisk posted:

Our new Pediatrician is pretty cool and knowing I'm also in the medical field he shares some stuff they get down the pipe. He didn't go into a ton of detail on the covid vax for kids when we chatted this week but basically said the concern is a decent rate of heart and thyroid issues in the trials.

the risk calculus of open biden is going to get verrrrrrrrry interesting if there really are speedbumps in the child vaccine approval from potential issues like those. what in the world are they going to do... just mandate masks in schools and cross fingers? the natural immunity ghouls are going to come out of the woodwork and go wild telling people to just get it over with when their kids are young (nevermind that we have way less pediatric ICU capacity, and no idea how durable natural immunity is over their school age)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Asproigerosis posted:

Everyone always ignores my effort posts about tales from the antivax hospital. I think this thread is antiscience and anti health care worker.

i'm secretly hoping the next post will be about stupid magnet tricks or things that got sucked into them that shouldn't have

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

cr0y posted:

Your child has a stronger understanding of poo poo than several US presidents. Good work.
i owe thanks to their kindergarten teacher, dropping union/solidarity/leftist songs on them over zoom classes and also the CSPAM parenting thread

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

Israel would be putting more of a dent in their COVID case numbers if they just let more people catch COVID and develop natural immunity

the thing i like is eleventy bamajilions better than watever u like lmao fuckin libs owned binch

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm mostly trolling, but I'm for real about the FDA delay on kidvaxx being due to distressingly high numbers of adverse events in the trials. It's going to come out eventually and they are hanging on foe dear life hoping covid just goes away before they are pressured into releasing the bad news, validating all the antivaxx forever, and making polio great again.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

Everyone always ignores my effort posts about tales from the antivax hospital. I think this thread is antiscience and anti health care worker.
lol because your posts and several others I'll never trust a nurse. when I had my annual earlier in the year I kept thinking gently caress this lady is probably antivaxx loving hell fuuuuck hurry up take my vitals and go away

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm mostly trolling, but I'm for real about the FDA delay on kidvaxx being due to distressingly high numbers of adverse events in the trials. It's going to come out eventually and they are hanging on foe dear life hoping covid just goes away before they are pressured into releasing the bad news, validating all the antivaxx forever, and making polio great again.

how adverse is adverse? crippled for life? bc covid does that in even mild cases

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Tzen posted:

lol because your posts and several others I'll never trust a nurse. when I had my annual earlier in the year I kept thinking gently caress this lady is probably antivaxx loving hell fuuuuck hurry up take my vitals and go away

my regular doctors usual like nurse guy is really pro vaxx thank god

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Asproigerosis posted:

Well, it was neat getting to not get polio for a while

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ram dass in hell posted:

the uk isn't going to stop giving little boys risky jabs

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I ain't got nothing to say about those anti-vax nurses its just pretty hosed up.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Tzen posted:

I had my physical the other and the nurse and I were talking about how it’s bullshit kids are going back to school, that remote learning should be mandatory, moderna is the beat shot, and how our fathers are alcoholics and why we don’t drink lol

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
the problem with remote learning is, it fuckin sucks lol, i cant imagine what would happen to a kid who did it from like K-3

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Atrocious Joe posted:

i don't want covid at all you dumb bitch

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alaska-lawmaker-banned-airline-says-she-can-t-reach-capital-n1278947

quote:

A state senator in Alaska says she cannot reach the capital of Juneau for senate votes because she was banned by Alaska Airlines for refusing to follow the federal transportation mask mandate.

Lora Reinbold, a Republican state senator representing Eagle River, a suburb of Anchorage, was notified by Alaska Airlines in April that she is indefinitely banned for flouting the federal mask mandate that requires airline passengers to wear a face covering, according to an airline spokesperson.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

what's the pathophys on the heart stuff. mrna getting to the heart itself and blowing up myocytes or some weird immune response?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Atrocious Joe posted:

I do love looking at twitter and seeing bizarre tweets that seem to be wishing New Zealand surrender

The exact same thing is going on right now in Australia where plague state NSW cunts can't wait for the rest of the country to fall.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

all you have to do is not die on the first go around while covid is absolutely raw dogging you with zero immunity

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poll plane variant posted:

the problem with remote learning is, it fuckin sucks lol, i cant imagine what would happen to a kid who did it from like K-3

you just aren't there to see how loving lovely in person schooling is. it's dog poo poo, the entire system exists as daycare and to teach kids to get used to the american work schedule so they can be good worker drones. it barely teaches them loving anything and is objectively not really any better than remote schooling in any of the ways people think it is

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Rauros posted:

what's the pathophys on the heart stuff. mrna getting to the heart itself and blowing up myocytes or some weird immune response?

many months ago there was a paper and discussion that it might be the spike protein itself, either from vaccine or a natural infection since they're similar, that can cause heart issues. the vaccines are dumping a big load of it right into you at once. but apparently with the vaccines it's supposed to just stay in the muscle tissue of your arm and not travel around everywhere

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Expanded out my controls for my Covid simulator. I intent to add pro/anti-vax aspects to this little sandbox as well

next is probably going to be work stations and room types since its back to the integral to the behavior of this little characters. I also got all the dice rolls that game uses to determine dice rolls by the characters stats - I figure if I'm wayyyy off someone who is better at stats can fix it for me. If they just don't agree with it, they can change it for themselves by changing the txt file

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Coldrice posted:

Expanded out my controls for my Covid simulator. I intent to add pro/anti-vax aspects to this little sandbox as well

next is probably going to be work stations and room types since its back to the integral to the behavior of this little characters. I also got all the dice rolls that game uses to determine dice rolls by the characters stats - I figure if I'm wayyyy off someone who is better at stats can fix it for me. If they just don't agree with it, they can change it for themselves by changing the txt file

antivaxxers are like another type of virus. if they stand near someone there's a small chance they spark up a conversation and convince that person to also be an antivaxxer

there's also a small chance every day they'll OD on horse paste

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

antivaxxers are like another type of virus. if they stand near someone there's a small chance they spark up a conversation and convince that person to also be an antivaxxer

there's also a small chance every day they'll OD on horse paste

I ALSO fully intend to add "alternative" medicines (ivermectin included) into the pro/anti vax factions ha ha

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

empty whippet box posted:

you just aren't there to see how loving lovely in person schooling is. it's dog poo poo, the entire system exists as daycare and to teach kids to get used to the american work schedule so they can be good worker drones. it barely teaches them loving anything and is objectively not really any better than remote schooling in any of the ways people think it is

im married to an american public school teacher and you are incredibly full of poo poo, just regurgitating chud talking points

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Coldrice posted:

This has come a long way from when you first posted it, impressive work

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Something something maladaptive immune system response. Cardiomyocites do a lot of ACE II conversion. So the vaccine is probably causing similar features to cytokine storm with overly aggressive response from the immune system resulting in too much garbage from the body flooding the area with all the immune cells and then the immune cells just wrecking shop regardless of friend or foe because all they know is kill. It'd track with early report stuff about how much worse the cytokine storm stuff was in young immune healthy patients.

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a really strong correlation between severe vaccine reaction and probability you'd have a really poo poo time if you got covid proper. But what do I know, I'm just a doctor.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

I know that I'm posting in the void, but I planned to submit that 2 week notice to my boss today, but he had left for vacation. I'll do that on Monday.

I also have a job w the health dept potentially on deck, getting paid to do my volunteer work (*that I've been doing for 2+ years) and encourage them to get vaccinated. Full health insurance.

I'm so the gently caress ready to quit my spot in the meat grinder. It feels real good to take steps to protect and better myself. It'll also allow me to study up/dust off my IT skillset.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
2 week notice is bullshit just stop showing up

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol my coworkers got so loving mad when I was lime what are you doing we need to wait 30 minutes after this covid patient for the air to recirculate enough in the scan room since we can't terminal clean it.

Gamer Pro-Tip: don't get any imaging studies at the hospital proper right now. You'll probably be huffing the roni farts from the previous dying covid patient they just scanned because profits demand 0 downtime on your scanners.

I got a head CT at like the nadir of cases in oregon and also did so at 8pm at night wearing my N95. Now though? No thanks covid ghost.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Good on you, quit it and forget it. That's very considerate to wait for your boss to return instead of blasting a Friday email but I get it. My last job I quit was on the weekly monday morning team call. I gave them the "I'm uh, pursuing other opportunities in 2 weeks." and then the next guy spoke and he was like, "I, coincidentally also am leaving this job." So, you might be in good company even if you don't know it. A Friday I QUIT message to a boss that is out of the office is fair game imo, unless you want to go above and beyond to respect the decorum or expect them to be references for future jobs.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

sorta feels like the US has already rolled the dice on natural immunity for the under 12s anyway

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

all you have to do is not die on the first go around while covid is absolutely raw dogging you with zero immunity

that's what I don't get with this whole natural immunity stuff, like it still requires you to uhhhh get covid?? like no thanks I'm good

whatever happened to early 2020 where even asymptomatic patients were showing like ground glass lungs? is that just not a thing anymore or is it that obviously no one is really testing that kind of thing

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

palindrome posted:

Good on you, quit it and forget it. That's very considerate to wait for your boss to return instead of blasting a Friday email but I get it. My last job I quit was on the weekly monday morning team call. I gave them the "I'm uh, pursuing other opportunities in 2 weeks." and then the next guy spoke and he was like, "I, coincidentally also am leaving this job." So, you might be in good company even if you don't know it. A Friday I QUIT message to a boss that is out of the office is fair game imo, unless you want to go above and beyond to respect the decorum or expect them to be references for future jobs.

I want to drop it on 'em in person.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Coldrice posted:

Do you have anti-vax boss Karen's intentionally coughing on things?

Nice work, I'm a computer toucher, I wish I learned how to do creative poo poo with it like this instead of just deploying clusters and telecom poo poo

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

cr0y posted:

Do you have anti-vax boss Karen's intentionally coughing on things?

Nice work, I'm a computer toucher, I wish I learned how to do creative poo poo with it like this instead of just deploying clusters and telecom poo poo

once I get the core sandbox mechanics rolling I pretty much just want to add "funny" stuff like that.

Also you probably make and have a lot more money than me so dont feel too bad ha ha

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Cool, in-person resignation without paperwork sounds exciting. You actually get to see their reaction when they process the news. This could reveal the character of the manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

More footage from Sydney today where they clearly have triumphed over the virus and didn't actually have the worst number of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZyDmbV5BE