Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's already got a flared base so use it how you like.

Not to be pedantic but in hopes of saving someone an embarrassing ER visit:

That pyramid is not a flared base. The fact that it’s bigger at the bottom than the top doesn’t make it flared. It would need to narrow back down and then dramatically widen back out to be considered flared — idea being that your butthole or vag closes around the narrow part and the flared wide base prevents it going further and getting lost inside you.

I did an image search for flared base and discovered that WalMart sells butt plugs now? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Thick-Silicone-Plug-Flared-Base-Personal-Massager/667720464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Look bro I know you need to flex on your tabletop group but those d4s are a bit much.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Slimy Hog posted:

I broke my foot a month ago and can't rock climb while it heals. So to fill my time, I bought a tripod and lapel mic to start making lovely YouTube videos about lesser known board games.

You can’t say that and not link us

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Warbird posted:

Look bro I know you need to flex on your tabletop group but those d4s are a bit much.

These are d5s
:goonsay:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

You can’t say that and not link us

You can see the break pretty clearly in this x-ray:

I'm not sure I'm ready to openly solicit goon ridicule just yet

Slimy Hog has a new favorite as of 17:15 on Sep 8, 2021

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

At least share a list of what you're talking about so I can look them up!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

30th anniversary Metallica Black Album box set.
This thing weighs like 15lb and has a ton of stuff in it but I haven’t opened it yet.

I also bought tickets to see them play their 40th anniversary show on my 40th birthday in San Francisco. Should be a blast.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I'll never forgive them for taking out napster.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I've never forgiven them for letting James and Lars eq the bass out of existence

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

reminder that lars cant keep a simple 4/4 beat and James has to count and clap it out for him.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Despite some people suggesting I do rude things with my precious pyramid clocks, I'll have you know I was able to repair the one that wasn't completely corroded. Behold, the cutting edge in 1984 time-speaking technology:

https://i.imgur.com/iI3ECNe.mp4

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wow that sucks

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I would put the whole thing in like a turkey bag before you sit on it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

bowmore posted:

wow that fucks

Fixed that for you

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

twelve lemon he/him

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

That is not a very practical clock but it’s a cool, weird bit of 80s ephemera.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

twelve lemon he/him

I can’t stop laughing

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Trabant posted:

Despite some people suggesting I do rude things with my precious pyramid clocks, I'll have you know I was able to repair the one that wasn't completely corroded. Behold, the cutting edge in 1984 time-speaking technology:

https://i.imgur.com/iI3ECNe.mp4

Is that one of those deals where they have a tiny set of what are basically records in them or had they moved to tape at that point? I recall Techmoan doing a video fairly recently about this sort of thing.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Warbird posted:

Is that one of those deals where they have a tiny set of what are basically records in them or had they moved to tape at that point? I recall Techmoan doing a video fairly recently about this sort of thing.

Nah, nothing nearly as complex -- it's solid state, which is probably the only way they could get it in such a small package. Probably just a few bytes' worth of memory.

bowmore posted:

wow that sucks

Maybe you'll like the other one more?

https://i.imgur.com/yU9h9Ee.mp4

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I might be getting into something stupid. Bought a cassette deck. Luxman K-230, not the one in the picture but the same model.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trabant posted:

Nah, nothing nearly as complex -- it's solid state, which is probably the only way they could get it in such a small package. Probably just a few bytes' worth of memory.

Yeah that one fucks

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Trabant posted:

Now this is something I want.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Planet X posted:

I bought one of these and I love it. No idea what other options are, my wife got it. We had a krups 4 cup, which was fine for us, but it didn't seem to soak the coffee grounds thoroughly (as in only a spot in the middle got wet), leaving the coffee seeming a bit weak. The Moccamaster soaks all of the grounds, and also has an option of a high / low warm plate setting if you want to keep a smaller amount warm. Seems well built and it's easy to use and makes the coffee seemingly quickly. You also have the option of making coffee for a larger crowd should you have guests over.

What color do you have? We've decided we may as well. One time ~$3X0 vs however many times we replace a ~$40 one every time it craps out. Only question we're sticking on is turquoise vs pistachio. We have an aqua sky KitchenAid stand mixer, which looks to be pretty close to the turquoise Moccamaster, but the pistachio ones might be more similar to each other? Not sure whether it's better to have similar colors that don't quite exactly match, completely different pastels, or replace the mixer with pistachio as well if they're close enough.

I think I am slightly crazy probably, but it would bother me if it weren't just right.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
We have the white one. Not sure exactly what color they call it. I can take a picture of it if you want

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

Trabant posted:

Would make a perfect Wrap It Up Box™: Polyhedron Edition

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I bought this micro stereo because it looked cool and I've wanted something like this for ages. I think it's from around 2009 so hopefully the cassette player isn't completely wrecked, it didn't actually feel when I was looking over it like anything had ever been put in there.

njsykora has a new favorite as of 12:10 on Sep 11, 2021

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Trabant posted:

My grandparents have a small collection of clocks and so there’s a ton of chimes going off each hour and I’m cackling at the idea of this thing shouting the time out in crackling static in the middle of it.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Two boxes of Evolving Skies

Two elite trainer boxes, which come with 8 packs each, and then a bunch of other goodies.

Sword and Shield, finally:

180 days of FFXIV Game Time,
FFXIV Endwalker expansion,
Nintendo 3DS Charger,

iPad Air for my mom as a surprise. She was thrilled and has wanted one for a while.

Hold GME, y'all.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Oh word?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GME recovered a bit.
I missed out on the ground floor and didn't buy in. I have a nice profit potential with AMC but it's not nearly as drastic.

(Put in $100, likely to get $500+ out of it)

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Got some mild steel for various forging projects. Gonna forge a bunch of knives for practice before stepping up to high carbon steel.

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

Pulled the trigger on a new guitar today.

It's a Cordoba F10 flamenco guitar. Sounds absolutely gorgeous. Now I just have to get good at playing :smith:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Valency posted:

Now I just have to get good at playing :smith:

No you don't~

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Valency posted:

It's a Cordoba F10 flamenco guitar. Sounds absolutely gorgeous. Now I just have to get good at playing :smith:

Play Wonderwall btich

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
A couple of years ago I realised that Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 32 in US 12 were my perfect trainers. So I bought two more pairs, used, from eBay. They arrived remarkably un-stinky and ready for a few more years of service. Some fresh Lock Laces, and we're ready to go.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Valency posted:

Don't worry. Being good at guitar is pretty much secondary to enjoying the guitars you own.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Planet X posted:

We have the white one. Not sure exactly what color they call it. I can take a picture of it if you want

Thanks but probably not necessary. We'll figure it out. Excited for better coffee tho.

In other things...

It was beyond time for a replacement, but all the same 💸💸💸

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The gf has one of those. The pump died like 2 months after the warranty ran out, so you might wanna grab the extended warranty if it's less than 200.

Edit - hers might be a craftmatic or something. It's got the air mattress plus the whole adjustable bed shape thing.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Odds are I'll never have a tower of Marantz and Technics gear from the 70s, but I could buy this book and that's basically the same thing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Phaidon makes such nice books.