Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mister Bates posted:

the funniest part of this was all the staffers having to come in and help them up afterwards because they're too decrepit to stand up on their own

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Gobblecoque posted:

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

if the tortoise was a dnc staffer id kick it down a sand dune

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Diane Feinstein having her feelings hurt that her staffers think she’s too old to do her job, in between rounds of them reminding her what day it is and what room she is in

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

herman cain pokemon speech

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mr. Lobe posted:

People tried to use this coupon lol

At least 1 subway actually accepted it

I almost want to try that today.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mr. Lobe posted:

lmao remember how killary stumbled out of her shoe on 9/11 5 years ago and some of her psychotic fans all insisted it was because it was such a hot day

"I'm doing great!"

and then all the garrison comics afterward that featured her also had the shoe

the shoe being a thing despite it being a daily mail invention just like people making GBS threads on cop cars during occupy wall street

both of which are hilarious and should continue to be things

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The NYPD posting about "actively monitoring the situation" any time there's a mass murder event halfway around the world

duz
Jul 11, 2005

the nypd getting kicked out of nigeria because they showed up at a mass shooting at a mall there to "help" "investigate"

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

back in 2003 a newspaper gave everyone running for mayor of san francisco the voight-kampff test, including gavin newsom.

quote:

The Wave: Reaction time is a factor in this, so please pay attention. Now, answer as quickly as you can.

It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet. How do you react?

Gavin Newsom: I don't have anything to put in it. I would thank them and move on.

TW: You've got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly collection plus the killing jar. What do you do?

GN: I would tell him to… You know what? I wouldn't know how to respond. How's that for an answer? Is this a psychological test? I'm worried…

TW: They're just questions, Gavin. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response.

GN: Oh, I got you.

TW: Shall we continue?

GN: Sure.

TW: You're watching television. Suddenly you realize there's a wasp crawling on your arm. How would you react?

GN: I would quietly sit and wait for the wasp to move to the next victim.

TW: You're in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, Gavin, it's crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back, Gavin. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that, Gavin?

GN: [Immediately] Not a chance. I would never flip the tortoise over in the first place.

TW: Describe in single words, only the good things that come into your mind. About your mother.

GN: Ethics. Commitment. Sacrifice.

CONCLUSION: Almost too close to call. Almost. Newsom displays a defensiveness when his empathy is questioned. He's aware that he's being probed for emotional responses, and even expresses concern about this. However, this concern is alleviated a little too easily by our crafty V-K interviewer. Newsom is definitely a replicant. Probably a Nexus 5.
https://web.archive.org/web/20060506211308/http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.php?pagename=article&articleid=24031

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

when Mitt Romney took to the stage to revel in his good fortune to have the opportunity to make political hay out of my friend's death, gravely intoning how he would deal with terrorists to score points with Fox News before Vilerat's body was even cold.

wait that doesn't make me lol at all

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Paul Bremer is now teaching ski lessons.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Lobe posted:

oh, honey, I wish I was that funny

loving Ianucci wishes he was that funny so don't feel too bad

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Mr. Lobe posted:

lmao remember how killary stumbled out of her shoe on 9/11 5 years ago and some of her psychotic fans all insisted it was because it was such a hot day

"I'm doing great!"

and then all the garrison comics afterward that featured her also had the shoe

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
*tugging collar*

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

*tugging collar*

Snopes analysis revealed the following items:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
hillary clinton drinks hot sauce

edit : where can I get whatever a "diazepam pen" is it sounds rad

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

when Mitt Romney took to the stage to revel in his good fortune to have the opportunity to make political hay out of my friend's death, gravely intoning how he would deal with terrorists to score points with Fox News before Vilerat's body was even cold.

wait that doesn't make me lol at all

Laughable Mormon boy

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

tinstaach posted:

The NYPD posting about "actively monitoring the situation" any time there's a mass murder event halfway around the world

I think I've mentioned it here before, but the NYPD are the most utterly useless cops I've ever had to talk to. A friend in NYC posted "911" in a group chat after (it turned out) her abusive now-ex had hit her and her <1year old child. After an hour or two trying to find any emergency services in NYC who would answer the phone, they checked with the abusive partner that everything was OK and told him that I had called out of concern. They called me back to confirm this with me.

Oh, and I was the 4th or 5th person to call the women who called before asking me to try in the hope that they would listen to a man were brushed off and dismissed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GWBBQ posted:

I think I've mentioned it here before, but the NYPD are the most utterly useless cops I've ever had to talk to. A friend in NYC posted "911" in a group chat after (it turned out) her abusive now-ex had hit her and her <1year old child. After an hour or two trying to find any emergency services in NYC who would answer the phone, they checked with the abusive partner that everything was OK and told him that I had called out of concern. They called me back to confirm this with me.

Oh, and I was the 4th or 5th person to call the women who called before asking me to try in the hope that they would listen to a man were brushed off and dismissed.

Am I the only one who has a really hard time parsing what happened here :confused:

e: I mean I'm really stupid so that may indeed be the case.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Am I the only one who has a really hard time parsing what happened here :confused:

e: I mean I'm really stupid so that may indeed be the case.

A woman tried to get the NYPD to come to her place via intermediary friends because her (now ex) boyfriend had physically abused both her and her child. When those friends finally did manage to get in touch with the NYPD, all the NYPD did was call the house and ask the man who was abusing them if stuff was fine and let them know someone had called out of concern of abuse in the house. I'm sure you can realize why this is less than stellar.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

A woman tried to get the NYPD to come to her place via intermediary friends because her (now ex) boyfriend had physically abused both her and her child. When those friends finally did manage to get in touch with the NYPD, all the NYPD did was call the house and ask the man who was abusing them if stuff was fine and let them know someone had called out of concern of abuse in the house. I'm sure you can realize why this is less than stellar.

Ah, OK. Not saying NYC cops aren't really bad but that sounds like the filth anywhere.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
blue lives matter is some funny poo poo I suddenly remember

but I still see those flags on bumpers every day so I suddenly remember that funny poo poo a lot

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/newyorkyearzero/status/1304641124615819266?s=21

The NYPD also sexually assaulted so many teens in their custody that NYS had to make a law saying you couldn’t gently caress people who called 911 while on the clock and a bunch of cops threatened to quit over it. This was in 2013, I was working with homeless youth in Philly at the time and was doing research on those kinds of laws. NYPD are SS style hosed up thugs and I hope they all get COVID and die from Hog-Rot.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Private Cumshoe posted:

blue lives matter is some funny poo poo I suddenly remember

but I still see those flags on bumpers every day so I suddenly remember that funny poo poo a lot

Some pig got gunned down here in Sacramento a few years ago and there were whole-rear end Blue Lives Matter rallies for loving miles in every direction even well outside the city

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/newyorkyearzero/status/1304641124615819266?s=21

The NYPD also sexually assaulted so many teens in their custody that NYS had to make a law saying you couldn’t gently caress people who called 911 while on the clock and a bunch of cops threatened to quit over it. This was in 2013, I was working with homeless youth in Philly at the time and was doing research on those kinds of laws. NYPD are SS style hosed up thugs and I hope they all get COVID and die from Hog-Rot.

Oh no the NYPD didn't show up to shoot people on 9/11.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

the nypd once showed up to a workplace shooting and shot more people than the gunman did

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/justinboldaji/status/1436736427660742662?s=21

he drew this as a joke and had it retweeted at him by anti-Vaxx Facebook accounts within 6 hours lmao

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
that video the NYPD union put out of a kid walking up to a man with a clip board and lightly hitting him with a stick, causing the fat guy to fall over in pain. then the kid stands there awkwardly looking at the camera for a moment before slowly backing up and turning to lightly jog away as two cops also lightly jog after him, but much slower.

my friend linked me an arrest record supposedly linked to this incident as evidence it was real and not staged. I am too stupid to know how to follow up on that now but am a little curious if they eventually just dropped charges on this brutal assailant, or maybe he had been picked up for something worse and the cops made him star in their video? idk

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bust Rodd posted:

Jesus loving christ.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

MonsieurChoc posted:

Jesus loving christ.

I honestly just tried to look up this specific case and Google is just fully loaded from results of THIS YEAR regarding a case in which a woman took her troubled teen to join the NYPD’s Explorer program, a program designed to help teens get a head start on a career in law enforcement…
it ends exactly how you might think.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I don’t think this stuff is funny but you guys do you I guess

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That marianne williamson quote that is always attributed to nelson mandela

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

i feel like this just has to be ironic, it simply can't be possible for this to be a sincere attempt at either music or messaging and be so horrifically bad on every level

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Parity warning posted:

i feel like this just has to be ironic, it simply can't be possible for this to be a sincere attempt at either music or messaging and be so horrifically bad on every level
I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H51HuNX41Fg

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
it's andy kaufmans all the way down and you can't convince me otherwise

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

To clarify, they didn't just say someone had called, they specifically told him who had called.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The radlib response to the Trump vs Biden debate, which went beyond sighing only at Trump, but fell short of saying Biden sucks too, so they settled for the tone of "what a sad state of affairs", as if something more nebulous was poisoning the entire political process.

(I did not watch the debate, and I was pretty much in "gently caress You; You Had Your loving Chance" mode reading all the tweets.)

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

That first Biden/Trump debate was one of the most insane things I have ever watched live.

The initial media response was more just one huge "well WTF was that" because it really surpassed expectations as to how cooked it was. I think I watched a CNN stream and the panel they cut to where just sitting in stunned silence.

The best the political establishment could provide the people of the USA was 2 septegenarians shouting at each other in confusion and anger while the moderator pleaded for calm.

It ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I believe Sheryl Crow's Soak up the Sun is the first top 40 hit in the US to reference communism.