Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Yaya has a skipped pick to make whenever.

Duckman2008 is up until 2 Eastern.

Then:

Technetium
VOTE1
lazerwolf
Furnaceface
myself
MononcQC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Carolina picks 2nd in penalty minutes leader if last season Max Domi . Second to Tom Wilson of course.

May he channel his inner Tie !

Wilson —- Kadri —— Marchand
E Kane — M Domi —-

Binnington

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I like your gimmick

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Taking Ilya Samsonov. It's early for him but my gimmick options at goalie were extremely limited and if he went I was hosed

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Technetium is up

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators are proud to select the hogman himself, Nils Hoglander!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

The upcoming order is:

VOTE1
lazerwolf
Furnaceface
mentholmoose
MononcQC

VOTE1 has just over an hour to make his selection before he is skipped...

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Detroit will select Moritz Seider

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

VOTE1 posted:

Detroit will select Moritz Seider

they already did

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Avs will select Jake Voracek

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im not going to lie I have never heard of this guy before but apparently he plays first line in Florida which makes him good enough for my second line. In true Vancouver fashion we will draft not based on BPA but on the whims of a magic 8-ball and a Sudafed clouded brain.

Frank Vatrano welcome aboard.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

The Flyers are going to take a right shot d-man and force him to wear #55.

Matt Dumba, come on down!

Pacioretty-Draisaitl-Farabee

Chabot-Dumba

Saros

MononcQC, you're up.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Hi, Chicago Blackhawks here. The last few days have been hectic as our team both gained a reputation for being full of jerks -- which is clearly not the point, we only want internal competition and high amounts of aggressiveness, not to be perceived as bad guys! We, at the Blackhawks organization, believe that we can both be efficiently cutthroat and also very nice people with a spotless reputation.

In an attempt to improve our image, we started being interested in Blake Wheeler's history of good deeds. We were heads down in league fancy stats, when we suddenly realized that it is the 20th anniversary of 9/11.

With memorials going full throttle everywhere across the nation, our locker room has found a way to solemnly unite for various minutes of silence. Let me tell you that this is clearly not the way we intended for things to go. Even with DeAngelo's views, the team managed in uniting and pushing in a single direction, which we believe means we don't challenge each other enough.

Now this is where things get brilliant. Blake Wheeler is a staunch anti-trump, anti-gun, Biden supporter. We haven't really finished looking over his fancy stats to know how much of a fit he would be on that dimension, but we believe his political opinions are exactly what we need in a day like today, and believe this is enough.

Welcome to the Chicago Blackhawks, BLAKE WHEELER, and let the sparks fly!

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 12, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Dallas Stars select C Anthony Cirelli

obviously the options for first line center are a bit limited at this point, and Cirelli is coming off a season where he only scored 22 points in 50 games. The previous two seasons were better though from the point scoring perspective and Cirelli is still quite young.

Obviously he's a player who brings more from the two way play at even strength and on the PK, from that perspective he will fit in well with Gallagher on his wing.

Buchnevich - Cirelli - Gallagher

Makar - Pelech
Pulock

Iodised QQ and Good Soldier Svejk are splitting the next 4 picks between them

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 12, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh I'm ready.
Though mentholmoose hosed me up by taking Spurgeon
would've been nice to get a top pairing d-man in the 7th round

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Starsfan posted:

Dallas Stars select C Anthony Cirelli

obviously the options for first line center are a bit limited at this point, and Cirelli is coming off a season where he only scored 22 points in 50 games. The previous two seasons were better though from the point scoring perspective and Cirelli is still quite young.

Obviously he's a player who brings more from the two way play at even strength and on the PK, from that perspective he will fit in well with Gallagher on his wing.

Buchnevich - Cirelli - Gallagher

Makar - Pelech
Pulock

Iodised QQ and Good Soldier Svejk are splitting the next 4 picks between them

How are you not playing Pelech and Pulock together

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

fawning deference posted:

How are you not playing Pelech and Pulock together

Pelech is currently my best LHD, he's slotted in next to my best RHD

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Starsfan posted:

Pelech is currently my best LHD, he's slotted in next to my best RHD

He has incredible chemistry with Pulock and Makar can play with just about anyone and his pair would be dominant.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

He has incredible chemistry with Pulock and Makar can play with just about anyone and his pair would be dominant.

It's a fair comment, I kind of had that thought with Buchnevich as well, whether his skill set would be better on a 2nd line with more offensively focused players at center and on the opposite wing rather than playing with Cirelli and Gallagher.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Oh this kinda snuck up on me, I think the clock stopped already? But let me update my sheet with the latest picks and get mine in here in a few

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Take your time. I think technically it might roll over soon but since you are active I don't mind waiting until you are ready to pick.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'll make a pick now just so you can go whenever you'd like

I'll take Carter Verhaeghe

26 years old, a center, and broke out last season with 34 even strength points in 43 games, I'll bank on him being legit and most likely slot him in at second line LW for the time being

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Right on, late on a Saturday I'mma keep this brief

Tyler Bertuzzi and Elvis Merzlikins

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Iodised QQ posted:

I'll make a pick now just so you can go whenever you'd like

I'll take Carter Verhaeghe

26 years old, a center, and broke out last season with 34 even strength points in 43 games, I'll bank on him being legit and most likely slot him in at second line LW for the time being

drat you! I needed him as a #1LW.

(But also he's not really a center).

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

WAIT.

Verhaege was AVAILABLE??? I could have sworn he was picked a while ago.

He was one of the best forwards in the NHL at even-strength last year and I absolutely would have picked him instead of TJ Oshie.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

WAIT.

Verhaege was AVAILABLE??? I could have sworn he was picked a while ago.

He was one of the best forwards in the NHL at even-strength last year and I absolutely would have picked him instead of TJ Oshie.

Haha yeah, unless someone messed up spelling his name before they got through to Verh- then he was free, I had been eying him for a bit and was really glad he made it back to this pick

Since I've drafted a decent number of young players I feel comfortable going old and reliable here and I need to beef up my defense, so I'll take Mark Giordano

I might wind up preferring Sam Reinhart to play top line RW, but for the time being I'm going with-

Connor-McDavid-
Verhaeghe-Backstrom-
-Reinhart-

Slavin-
Giordano-

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Dallas Stars select occasional starting goaltender Petr Mrazek

probably should have taken a goaltender last time around, I didn't fancy sending the few remaining decent targets back around through the 60 selections between this and my next pick.

Mrazek is a serviceable goaltender at 40+ starts a season, but we'll want to target a good 1B option sooner rather than later

**as an aside, if there was one player in the entire league I would have wagered money on ending up on my team, it was Petr Mrazek lol..

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 12, 2021

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Ah, it is, once again, time for we, The Chicago Blackhawks, to make a pick.

Blake Wheeler's a good guy, but what we want now is someone who has a proven track record of thriving in harsh environments filled with Drama, which we're sure to get plenty of. As such, we are happy to draft MIKE HOFFMAN, whose numbers remained unaffected regardless of what happened within his time with the Ottawa Senators and his wife bullying other players and their families.

Welcome to the Blackhawks, Mike Hoffman!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Wheeler is going to kill some of these guys

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

We believe in team chemistry, but we also know that chemistry is more fun to study when it goes boom

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

MononcQc posted:

Ah, it is, once again, time for we, The Chicago Blackhawks, to make a pick.

Blake Wheeler's a good guy, but what we want now is someone who has a proven track record of thriving in harsh environments filled with Drama, which we're sure to get plenty of. As such, we are happy to draft MIKE HOFFMAN, whose numbers remained unaffected regardless of what happened within his time with the Ottawa Senators and his wife bullying other players and their families.

Welcome to the Blackhawks, Mike Hoffman!

gently caress, I was hoping he and David Perron would fall to me somehow.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

The Flyers will take a solid 2C in Yanni Gourde.

Furnaceface is up until noon Eastern. Then:

lazerwolf
VOTE1
Technetium
Duckman2008
Yaya

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
It’s been two hours so I’ll make my pick. Avs select Vitek Vanecek

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I knew this gimmick would have some rough spots but I didnt expect one this early. Im reluctant to modify it as long as there are players to pick but I can see it happening at some point.

That said, since there are still 2-3 choices for this one Ill just grab the one with the highest number of points and hope it pans out. Welcome to Vancouver Gabriel Vilardi. I hope I spelled that right.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

I knew this gimmick would have some rough spots but I didnt expect one this early. Im reluctant to modify it as long as there are players to pick but I can see it happening at some point.

That said, since there are still 2-3 choices for this one Ill just grab the one with the highest number of points and hope it pans out. Welcome to Vancouver Gabriel Vilardi. I hope I spelled that right.

Oh I hadn't picked up on it. I like it, sounds simple but gets difficult fast.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

what's the gimmick ?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

what's the gimmick ?

Its easier to notice if you go to the Picks per Team tab. :)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Without looking - Gabriel Vilardi... 7th round.. both of his names are 7 letters long! Your first round pick must have been brutal, though.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

eXXon posted:

Without looking - Gabriel Vilardi... 7th round.. both of his names are 7 letters long! Your first round pick must have been brutal, though.

Nah that was easy. O V :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Looks like its been two hours since lazerwolf picked so the Nashville Predators will proudly select Jonas Brodin!