Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Game's fun my Irish Elf run has been a blast

Although I may betray them :evilbuddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if you're not allowed to charge money for your ripoffs off warhammer fantasy then explain warcraft

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

charging for ripoffs is fine and in fact more people should do it to dilute the IP a little more. As long as you can prove in court that you're totally not warhammer look dude our orks don't have jetpacks and our elves are purple there's nothing they can do. You just can't be like "This is the adventures of Titus Spacemarinus and his journey through The 41st Millenium. Here he is hanging out with Trazyn. Give me 40 dollars."

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

if you're not allowed to charge money for your ripoffs off warhammer fantasy then explain warcraft

thats why they killed the setting

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have the link for the Warhammer mod? I kept seeing that it is supposed to be available in a beta form today but I don't know the title of it there's a lot of confusing stuff on Google.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Old Realms

VVV np

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 12, 2021

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Dope, thanks.

E: nevermind, used Bannerlord Mod Launcher and it seems to have done the trick

Also UHHHH the warhammer mod is pretty fuckin rad. It's kind of limited now but riding around fireballing dudes is sick

FLIPADELPHIA fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 12, 2021

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The dwarven grenades are great, I don't know if they're original to this mod or if someone else made them but they work exactly like you'd expect. They even fail to detonate if you throw them in water They should probably cost more than 3 denars though

Also I'm going to nuke my bannerlord install because I'm crashing a ton, not sure if it's the mod or if my client is full of garbage after a year of switching between the beta and release versions

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Flavahbeast posted:

The dwarven grenades are great, I don't know if they're original to this mod or if someone else made them but they work exactly like you'd expect. They even fail to detonate if you throw them in water They should probably cost more than 3 denars though

Also I'm going to nuke my bannerlord install because I'm crashing a ton, not sure if it's the mod or if my client is full of garbage after a year of switching between the beta and release versions

I'm crashing a lot too, in combat. I think it's the mod, which is a shame. If this is any indicator of the games potential with really good mods, then the game is going to be awesome for years to come.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://www.moddb.com/mods/bannerlord-online

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I'm crashing a lot too, in combat. I think it's the mod, which is a shame. If this is any indicator of the games potential with really good mods, then the game is going to be awesome for years to come.

I can't get it to work out of the gate. I fixed some DLL error, but still no dice. Mods breaking for no reason? That takes me back!

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
What error message are you getting?

You have to go into each sub-module and unblock the dll. I think there are like 4-5 of them.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

This mod was rad earlier in the year when it was new, updates have been less frequent but the next big one should add clans and clan houses/storage. There's still no reason to really play since the endgame is still "make army bigger and better" which is an endless grind, even with pvp (which you get little meaningful reward but sent back to square one if you lose), hopefully after clans are added you can take settlements in pvp so it's worth the trouble.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

You have to go into each sub-module and unblock the dll. I think there are like 4-5 of them.

It was my own idiocy. I had to opt out of the beta

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
That Warhammer mod looks like it has some awesome potential.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's super buggy but I'm looking forward to where it goes. The load times are also pretty gnarly which kinda sucks but with all the assets being added, I think that's just going to be the nature of the beast.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Yeah, it's super buggy but I'm looking forward to where it goes. The load times are also pretty gnarly which kinda sucks but with all the assets being added, I think that's just going to be the nature of the beast.

Wish in a way they can do what GTA5 did and front load everything on the first load.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
So you can do a custom battle with poo poo tons of dudes from each faction and it will take a long rear end time to load - someone said it took 45 min for them. After that, the load times are noticeably reduced however, they are still much longer than without the mod.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

You can skip this process by using 7zip to unzip the mod files, btw.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

It's a fun mod but the experience will be a million times better in a month or two when it's not crashing every 30 minutes (hopefully) (it crashes even more often than that when you first start playing)

Some tips: High level bows seem to be rare or nonexistent in my playthrough. Guns are very powerful and are currently implemented as crossbows, so putting points in crossbows is probably your best bet - you won't get a gun for a while though, they're real expensive and unlikely or impossible to get as drops.

Gun troops are as good as or slightly worse than crossbowmen in siege attacks and better in every other case. Bow troops, even the Empire longbow unit, feel like a distant third

Bretonnian Knight companions come with extremely good armor you can grab

I havent messed with magic but it seems strong. Wizard companions are great but they will shoot you in the back with fireworks. I send them away if I'm winning a battle so they don't kill a bunch of friendlies, there's currently no way to tell them to stop casting

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Here's a clip of a battle: it's a Empire vs Empire fight and I'm playing a mounted polearm guy so it looks a lot like Vanilla, just with magic and guns (and that crazy good body armor I stole from a Bretonnian companion, I'm on Realistic difficulty and I take 4 damage from a point blank crossbow bolt.) If you watch closely you'll also see one of my wizards blow up the rest of his squad, twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d2LHawldpY

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Flavahbeast posted:

Wizard companions are great but they will shoot you in the back with fireworks. I send them away if I'm winning a battle so they don't kill a bunch of friendlies, there's currently no way to tell them to stop casting

That's a hilarious mental image at least.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
What are those light blue spells, some sort of lightning bolt? I didn't see anything like that in the spell list.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm not sure, it's the spell all light wizard companions cast but I don't know if the player can get it

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the wizards work a lot better when you micro them each in their own formation

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/886552860479856641/888233358893649920/wizardz.mp4

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

the wizards work a lot better when you micro them each in their own formation

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/886552860479856641/888233358893649920/wizardz.mp4

that fuckin kill list when the spells hit the enemy :popeye:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Old Realms just released a patch, this should hopefully fix the vast majority of the crashes and make campaign map performance a lot better:

quote:

Changelog:
Updated the mod to Bannerlord version 1.6.2

Crashfixes:

Fixed rare crash in battles related to spellcasting AI
Fixed crashes when entering keep battles
Fixes to overland campaign map crashes
Fixed rare crash after certain battles with the post battle raise dead scenario
Optimizations:

Enabled texture compression for terrain textures, reducing GPU vRAM usage by ~2,5 GB
Fixes:

Added spellcasting to the vampire starting option in addition to the necromancer one
Fixed automatic 20 skeleton raise dead for player when entering towns
Fixed summoned skeletons reducing the amount of "normal" skeletons after battle
Minor fixes to dismemberment
Fixed hitbox of grave guard sword
Reduced the amount of outlaw parties
NEW

Added a "Build Shader Cache" main menu option.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

i want to like this but it's so loving slow (movement, stat gain, money...) and there's approximately a billion groups of sixty bandits going around

i don't really get why taleworlds hasn't, y'know, done more in general over the past year and hasn't done their own campaign multiplayer co-op thing because the one thing my friends and i want to do is conquer calradia together

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Jesus christ, whose bright idea was it to saddle this game with BattleEye?

Talk about instant confirmation that I won't be playing official multiplayer.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Liquid Communism posted:

Jesus christ, whose bright idea was it to saddle this game with BattleEye?

Talk about instant confirmation that I won't be playing official multiplayer.

Sadly there are much bigger deterrents to people actually playing multiplayer than BattleEye. Like, it’s not fun. The modes suck. It’s worse than Warband, etc

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN9cIVTh9G4

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Does this thread cover the older mount and blades? I reinstalled napoleonic wars so I could walk around musket battles while playing the drums and flute but there is only around 10-20 people ever playing the game anymore.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

:eyepop:

interested to hear from anyone who's tried this how well it actually works in practice, but i could see it being pretty simple to execute given how ck3 stores variable strings.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Tenzarin posted:

Does this thread cover the older mount and blades? I reinstalled napoleonic wars so I could walk around musket battles while playing the drums and flute but there is only around 10-20 people ever playing the game anymore.

Pretty sure that community moved over to holdfast: nations at war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnud3VjXebY

Community seems mostly the same as i remember, which is "the internet" distilled into musket warfare.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I can only assume it takes 30 seconds to reload the musket and I can play a flute or a drum.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

dogstile posted:

Community seems mostly the same as i remember, which is "the internet" distilled into musket warfare.

i had real trouble finding a group where people weren't dropping hard Rs in the discord and ended up giving up on this game.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tenzarin posted:

I can only assume it takes 30 seconds to reload the musket and I can play a flute or a drum.

They will ban you if you do not form a firing line

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

punishedkissinger posted:

i had real trouble finding a group where people weren't dropping hard Rs in the discord and ended up giving up on this game.

So, exactly what I described then, i guess.

Shame.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They will ban you if you do not form a firing line

thats probably pretty realistic tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The daily users for that game looks pretty low when I can just play the old game and maybe find people to musket fight.