Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

unfortunately she already did

e; shniped it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Now you gotta watch it again for being mean to my boy PG

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You deserve the watch the entire MCU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Now you gotta watch it again for being mean to my boy PG

Hey I have nothing but respect for the character he's cool as all hell and should have killed more people

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Junpei Hyde posted:

OK but now you have to choose between them.

Where does "I WANNA LIVE!" fall? Because that one.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Where does "I WANNA LIVE!" fall? Because that one.

That would be Enies Lobby

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Roth posted:

You deserve the watch the entire MCU

I tried doing this, in movie release order, but gave up after iron man 2, I think

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Garrand posted:

I tried doing this, in movie release order, but gave up after iron man 2, I think

that's where I always stop too. oof

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

DeafNote posted:

I am going to regret catching up, but I am not smart enough to not do it

I am the big brain for skipping to last page.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Rockit posted:

Not that it invalids any other reading but did Zach say he added subjectiveness for anything more than stylization rather than questioning the characterizations of those people? People can just want to remake whole without commenting on those sort of issues either way and I forgot the exact quotes on this.

Wiki frames it more as an excuse to make things less tragic and more fantastical but that’s not really proof isn’t it?

If you want I can hunt down some quotes and dm you, since I don't want to derail the thread further (or get probed)

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

McCloud posted:

If you want I can hunt down some quotes and dm you, since I don't want to derail the thread further (or get probed)

Sure

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm not reading those like 300 posts. We need a 2h+ Jenny Vid Numbered list ASAP to keep this thread sane.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zedd posted:

I'm not reading those like 300 posts. We need a 2h+ Jenny Vid Numbered list ASAP to keep this thread sane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Gc-yYm56Y

Here, take your mind off the idiots in this thread who get mad about Superman by watching Thought Slime laugh at the idiots on YouTube who got mad about He-Man instead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
These men are pawns!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I never got through much One Piece because I was relying on Toonami airing episodes of it but I liked Alabasta. Don Kreig saga was cool too.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

RareAcumen posted:

I never got through much One Piece because I was relying on Toonami airing episodes of it but I liked Alabasta. Don Kreig saga was cool too.

One Piece was somehow the only Big 3 Member I never saw a single episode of.
I must have missed out. But nowadays I dont feel like starting something that could go on forever.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i'm a big fan of the Apricot Integration arc myself

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

What even is a One Piece?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DeafNote posted:

One Piece was somehow the only Big 3 Member I never saw a single episode of.
I must have missed out. But nowadays I dont feel like starting something that could go on forever.

Well come aboard and bring along all your hopes and dreams.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

josh04 posted:

That's what we're tryin' to find out! We haven't found it yet!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

josh04 posted:

It’s Iike PG but not as good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

buddy, they don't even let ME see the One Piece

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Sorry but OP is better than PG and everything else. Yes, even..... it's even better than Snyder. That's how good it is.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

josh04 posted:

You joke but that's literally the show's biggest mystery. It's some kind of legendary treasure but no one knows exactly what it is except for Oda himself.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

josh04 posted:

Midas’ golden cock gun.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Jamie Faith posted:

You joke but that's literally the show's biggest mystery. It's some kind of legendary treasure but no one knows exactly what it is except for Oda himself.

There's almost definitely other people who know. I think the official translator was told by Oda, but take that with a grain of salt.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
they've gotten so far in that it literally can only be either 'the friends you made along the way' or some completely out of left field god-tier macguffin that lets the user destroy the government entirely and all.

Either way should be fun to see the reactions when Oda finally ends it in 3012

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

they've gotten so far in that it literally can only be either 'the friends you made along the way' or some completely out of left field god-tier macguffin that lets the user destroy the government entirely and all.

Either way should be fun to see the reactions when Oda finally ends it in 3012

Whatever it is it was canonically loving hilarious.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah it is 100% the friends you made along the way.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Junpei Hyde posted:

Whatever it is it was canonically loving hilarious.

yea considering the little we know it's almost certainly going to be 'the 'treasure' is just the fact that you did this amazing thing, and that alone means you're worthy of being king' but tbh I'd love it if Roger and his crew just thought it was really loving hilarious there was some insane weapon or treasure hidden away by some dingus named 'Joy Boy' and the world government just had to deal with it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oda's gone on record and recently even saying that it's real object treasure and won't be "IT WAS DA EXPERIENCE" and that sort of thing at least.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It'll be a giant jeweled mirror.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it'll be a REALLY nice hat

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

don't normally post anime youtube here but Mother's Basement is covering the eight anime produced by Japanese cult religion Happy Science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dobQ9_YS5MA

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
It'll be a single giant puzzle piece because Oda's real goal all along was to make Banjo Kazooie 3.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

josh04 posted:

If you mean what is a One Piece in the show, well the Pirate King left all of his fortune somewhere so it'll probably look like the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin multiplied by Scrooge McDuck's gold vault.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon are both garbage directors who make, at best, mediocre movies and don't deserve anywhere near this many wasted words talking about them.

And the One Piece is totally just going to be Gol D. Roger's favorite old timey bathing suit.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

The 7th Guest posted:

don't normally post anime youtube here but Mother's Basement is covering the eight anime produced by Japanese cult religion Happy Science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dobQ9_YS5MA

Yeah I just got done watching this and poo poo's WILD ya'll.

It's like Japanese Scientology and the anime are Battlefield Earth but there's 8 of them.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

sexpig by night posted:

it'll be a REALLY nice hat

Since we're shifting topics your current avatar keeps making me double take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW