Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Palladium posted:

I'm more ever convinced machines would run us better than the current capitalist-chud-lib world order

The Matrix prequels show that humans choose capitalism over a post scarcity society. And then they attack the machine city because it turns out the exiled robots are too good at capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/wesleysmorgan/status/1436404004746051584

https://twitter.com/russbengtson/status/1436713352269549574

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
An entire 30 seconds wow

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

tokin opposition posted:

An entire 30 seconds wow

Will be taken out of the workers break times no doubt.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/bopinion/status/1436672955564572674?s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The Matrix prequels show that humans choose capitalism over a post scarcity society. And then they attack the machine city because it turns out the exiled robots are too good at capitalism.

the what

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

indigi posted:

the what

Animatrix (its good)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

This Year, Give Her Genuine AIDS

Every Kiss Begins With AIDS~

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dammit I had almost gone all day without remembering and now I can't say I forgot :argh:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I don't remember the Frasier opening taking place in New York City

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lol yeah if you think the powerful didn't hop all aboard the apocalypse express when they figured out just what climate change entailed

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

tokin opposition posted:

An entire 30 seconds wow

Unplugging the milk steamer for the troops

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

"Loss."

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wernt a load of people secretly really happy because they got promoted suddenly

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Jel Shaker posted:

wernt a load of people secretly really happy because they got promoted suddenly

I don't think the Military Industrial Complex actually made a secret about being happy, though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Splicer posted:

"OK guys you shat out so much carbon you turned the sky black, we're putting you in a VR timeout until we fix all your fuckups."
"You're harvesting our adrenochrene for batteries!"
"Whatever gets you into the pod dude."

drat, this would have been so much better than what we got.

There was no war against the machines. Zion was built as a refuge by the machines and was for keeping safe all the MAGA Ivermectin chuggers, because they refused to get into the pods designed to keep them safe and happy.

Morpheus, who even in the original version was batshit insane, now flies around in the NebuCHUDnezzar talking about how people have been turned into batteries and that the Chosen One is a white male willing to obey and believe the last person he talked to - even if they tell them to walk out onto the ledge of a building 50 stories up after just talking to a complete stranger on the phone for 30 seconds.

You could have a final confrontation between Neo and the Machines where he asks why they attacked Zion and they're all like, "Mate you fuckers are trying to bring down the system keeping 10 billion people alive and dump them into the toxic wasteland their ancestors created. There's no food or shelter out there, you're gonna kill everyone you bloody dipshit. So, yeah, drat right we're trying to stop you - that's why you made us."

And Neo could then ask why The Architect talks so weird and gets told it's because they're the AI made from the combined personalities of 10,000 sysadmins.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

indigi posted:

the what

the Second Renaissance from the Animatrix is on youtube and it's good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU8RunvBRZ8
and part 2, part 3, and part 4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Which part has the guy being pulled out of the mech?

Because, man, I never need to see* that again.

* hear

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Which part has the guy being pulled out of the mech?

Because, man, I never need to see* that again.

* hear

ten seconds into the final one

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Megillah Gorilla posted:

drat, this would have been so much better than what we got.

There was no war against the machines. Zion was built as a refuge by the machines and was for keeping safe all the MAGA Ivermectin chuggers, because they refused to get into the pods designed to keep them safe and happy.

Morpheus, who even in the original version was batshit insane, now flies around in the NebuCHUDnezzar talking about how people have been turned into batteries and that the Chosen One is a white male willing to obey and believe the last person he talked to - even if they tell them to walk out onto the ledge of a building 50 stories up after just talking to a complete stranger on the phone for 30 seconds.

You could have a final confrontation between Neo and the Machines where he asks why they attacked Zion and they're all like, "Mate you fuckers are trying to bring down the system keeping 10 billion people alive and dump them into the toxic wasteland their ancestors created. There's no food or shelter out there, you're gonna kill everyone you bloody dipshit. So, yeah, drat right we're trying to stop you - that's why you made us."

And Neo could then ask why The Architect talks so weird and gets told it's because they're the AI made from the combined personalities of 10,000 sysadmins.

Oh god

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Don't worry, they add up to about .73 of a personality once you filter out pointless computer opinions

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

the combined personalities of 10,000 sysadmins.

That's a lot of fedora.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
The smell must be incredible.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The Matrix was designed and built by that? Impossible, it's far too friendly to the end user.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Complications posted:

The Matrix was designed and built by that? Impossible, it's far too friendly to the end user.

Counterpoint: it's literally America. If you'd like, you can imagine that all the capitalists are NPCs.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
nm, rethought a bad joke

Wifi Toilet has issued a correction as of 04:45 on Sep 13, 2021

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Agent Smith even says the first Matrix was a paradise but humans couldn't believe life could be so good and rejected it, only if everything was mostly poo poo would they be happy

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, but he is part of the same alien race that thought using humans as batteries was a brilliant idea, so I don't think we should take his word as gospel.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The matrix is about being gay on the computer and an inspiration to us all

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Fame Douglas posted:

Yeah, but he is part of the same alien race that thought using humans as batteries was a brilliant idea, so I don't think we should take his word as gospel.

it was supposed to be compute then the execs thought audiences wouldnt go for it

just like switch was supposed to be different genders in and out of the matrix, this whole thin bein a trans allegory and all, but execs thought audiences wouldnt go for it

tldr: execs poo poo. sometimes as avatar of mass market audiences also bein poo poo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tiberius Christ posted:

Agent Smith even says the first Matrix was a paradise but humans couldn't believe life could be so good and rejected it, only if everything was mostly poo poo would they be happy

Smith may have fundamentally not understood human psychology. If you have no lived experience and consult media records to determine what humans would consider paradise you'll probably come up with a beach resort or a loving cruise ship because that's what large numbers of people desire to do on their vacations. What do humans consider bad? Sickness, death, old age, pain, failure, etc.

Now imagine being trapped on a cruise ship forever. The NPCs keep the buffet stocked and the rooms clean. Nobody ever gets sick. Nobody ever gets hurt. Nobody has to work, and there is nothing to work for. Nothing to do but laze around the pool one beautiful sunny day after another. Paradise.

It's easy to imagine various machine-designed versions paradise that would eventually be hell for the inhabitants. That doesn't mean humans actually need poverty and suffering, just that the machine failed to tune the simulation well.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

The machines must have understood humanity pretty well, so good that they out competed them in capitalism markets and enough knowledge of human brains that thye could create fake realities, although agent smith probably didnt know any of that, he was just some enforcer program that got a little too much power

besides being stuck eternally on a simulated cruise ship sounds like a hilarious prequel movie

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Smith may have fundamentally not understood human psychology. If you have no lived experience and consult media records to determine what humans would consider paradise you'll probably come up with a beach resort or a loving cruise ship because that's what large numbers of people desire to do on their vacations. What do humans consider bad? Sickness, death, old age, pain, failure, etc.

Now imagine being trapped on a cruise ship forever. The NPCs keep the buffet stocked and the rooms clean. Nobody ever gets sick. Nobody ever gets hurt. Nobody has to work, and there is nothing to work for. Nothing to do but laze around the pool one beautiful sunny day after another. Paradise.

It's easy to imagine various machine-designed versions paradise that would eventually be hell for the inhabitants. That doesn't mean humans actually need poverty and suffering, just that the machine failed to tune the simulation well.

I don't know man, swimming, loving and sucking all day every day don't sound quite so bad?

Also does this mean Speed 2 is the prequel movie?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Orange Devil posted:

I don't know man, swimming, loving and sucking all day every day don't sound quite so bad?

Also does this mean Speed 2 is the prequel movie?

Oh sure, but for the rest of your life? I had a long stretch of sadbrain induced unemployment and you get real sick of having nothing to do quicker than you'd expect.

The solution, of course, is to kill all the humans and switch to nuclear. gently caress em

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Does the cruise ship have wifi?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Norovirus still on board in paradise, to make it the most authentic experience possible?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

tokin opposition posted:

Oh sure, but for the rest of your life? I had a long stretch of sadbrain induced unemployment and you get real sick of having nothing to do quicker than you'd expect.

The solution, of course, is to kill all the humans and switch to nuclear. gently caress em

I also had quite a stretch of sadbrain as a result of among others unemployment so I know exactly what you are getting at but consider:

1. loving
2. sucking
3. explicitly stated in the scenario that nobody can get hurt or sick, and I'm putting sadbrains down in at least one of those categories
4. swimming is great
5. no stress from being unemployed because oh my god what if I am a huge failure and I'm not contributing anything useful at all and blabla because all those expectations explicitly don't exist
6. presumably even at a resort or cruise ship you would be able to indulge in other hobbies. Like play some board games or role playing games or something, or use the wifi to shitpost
7. loving and sucking but with a different person

I don't know, the scenario presented seems to describe the post-scarcity society we ought to be trying to create (but likely never will) in the first place. The whole point of communism to me is to fairly share what we have first and foremost, but then also precisely to try to minimize the amount of work all of us need to do to maintain our shared wealth so as to achieve ever greater amounts of leisure time.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Neo, what if I told you you could gently caress and suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Orange Devil posted:

I also had quite a stretch of sadbrain as a result of among others unemployment so I know exactly what you are getting at but consider:

1. loving
2. sucking
3. explicitly stated in the scenario that nobody can get hurt or sick, and I'm putting sadbrains down in at least one of those categories
4. swimming is great
5. no stress from being unemployed because oh my god what if I am a huge failure and I'm not contributing anything useful at all and blabla because all those expectations explicitly don't exist
6. presumably even at a resort or cruise ship you would be able to indulge in other hobbies. Like play some board games or role playing games or something, or use the wifi to shitpost
7. loving and sucking but with a different person

I don't know, the scenario presented seems to describe the post-scarcity society we ought to be trying to create (but likely never will) in the first place. The whole point of communism to me is to fairly share what we have first and foremost, but then also precisely to try to minimize the amount of work all of us need to do to maintain our shared wealth so as to achieve ever greater amounts of leisure time.

This is a really limited view of human happiness and desire as simple hedonism. Humanity suffers under capitalism because our productive and creative potentials are crushed by the needs of exploiters and capital accumulation, entering a 'paradise' which still robs humanity of the ability to engage with the fundamentals of its existence and (crucially) work to change them will inevitably create a similar level of discontent, even if 'suffering' is no longer possible.