Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Those Brunswick in mustard dill sauce yes SIR

e: terrible snipe so here is a cat

isaboo fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I have finally overcome my aversion to the bones and skin. I've seen the light

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
one of us! one of us!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Good on you for eating the drat bones

For full admission into our cult you must collect a bunch of 'dine bones over time and eat them all at once

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I don't like the spine tbh

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I never notice the spines

Fins I don’t like

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I don’t like the fins either, one can just knock them off most of the time though.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

just had a tin of atlantic dines.

they looked beautiful, a nice layer of small fishes, skin intact, no floaty pieces or anything, just a perfect presentation. that's where the good stopped. they were super soggy and crumbly, too salty and just kind generally nasty flavored. the disintegrating texture made the, like, minor flavor problems real pronounced because there's this lump of not great fish just straight melting all over your fish receptors. a little lemon juice made them edible, but I was choking the can down because I wasn't going to waste fish, not because I was into it. the olive oil was, I dunno, I hesitate to call it bad but it was too strong for the fish and even after a cider it's still making my mouth and throat feel greasy. maybe good dines to treat constipation or for people who can't chew

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

since the mad man biden has prohibited russian ammunition, can latvian dines be next?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

ww2 was a war for sprats

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Update 9/9/21: Cats still don't like sardines. Considering possibility they may be some sort of alien pod people kind of replicant. The fishy oil keeps them at bay.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i add a few drops of sardine oil to my dogs' kibble and they think they've got a home cooked meal

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Work lunch.

Came in a TinCanFish pack a month or two ago. Mussels in spicy pickled sauce. A tough of heat, some pepper, and a decent texture. No rubberiness or crunchy bits. Surprisingly good. Would eat again, over brown rice this would be pretty awesome.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

Yooper posted:

Work lunch.

Came in a TinCanFish pack a month or two ago. Mussels in spicy pickled sauce. A tough of heat, some pepper, and a decent texture. No rubberiness or crunchy bits. Surprisingly good. Would eat again, over brown rice this would be pretty awesome.

Nice. I had some leftover farro and some collards that the neighbor gave me, so when I reached into the tinned fish library for a selection today, I chose the Matiz mussels so thanks for the inspiration pal

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Planet X posted:

Nice. I had some leftover farro and some collards that the neighbor gave me, so when I reached into the tinned fish library for a selection today, I chose the Matiz mussels so thanks for the inspiration pal

gently caress yah. :bandwagon: Yours looks way better than my desk lunch.

New TinCanFish pack coming out tomorrow.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/ivsP45hCA4s

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fH198Pil84

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

New 'dines at Costco, soy sauce based from Japan. Highly recommended

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Put some Smiling Fish brand mackerel in chili sauce in my Sunday shakshouka. Luckily that was the highlight as my homemade rye bread was terrible. Dense, crumbly, unable to sop up all this fishy goodness… :negative:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I gotta say that I love sardines, bones and all, but there's little I find more insulting than the new restaurant trend of cracking a tin of fish, charring bread slices and slopping it with a lemon wedge and a pile of salt onto an old cutting board. And charging :20bux: for it.

Also from this thread's recommendation I ordered September's deal from tincanfish and I'll post a stash shot when it arrives tomorrow:

https://tincanfish.com/products/septembers-catch-of-the-month-fall-flavors-colors

naem
May 29, 2011

looking forward to a boutique restaurant experience that’s just a recreation of a kitchen sink you eat over shirtless

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

naem posted:

looking forward to a boutique restaurant experience that’s just a recreation of a kitchen sink you eat over shirtless

Of course Portlandia has got you covered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpsdY1jg1O8

I laughed so hard through this sketch, because this is how I eat at home, most of the time.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

mackerel on toast is my new work lunch.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
As promised my stash shot, with bonus hot sauce:

I use Seasons for cooking stews and soups etc, and the rest are essentially sink dines. I just discovered the only European specialty store in town (Cyrillic flavored countries only lol) and picked up all the Latvian sprats and matje, so I haven't tried those yet.

Luckily pre-plague I got to travel to Lisbon and (among other awesome things) visit the Conserveira and tinned fish museum:

That's from Atlas Obscura as I lost all my photos (and ate all the fish that I filled my bag with returning home) but it's amazing as a shop. The "museum" portion is just a couple old pieces of canning equipment and a photo gallery, but it's free and they have samples sometimes

naem
May 29, 2011

Roki B posted:

mackerel on toast is my new work lunch.

it’s convenient as heck, I’ve be been making pasta or pasta salad and bring a can to dump in there

KO in dijon mustard are pretty good fyi, bought them by accident

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

just ate a can of vienna sausages while looking at my cans of dines. a sort of performance art thing

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/fSqbqDhDYZo

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I converted my dad to enjoying dines because of the Omega 3 benefits and heart health...does that make me a dad?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Just had some Henry and Lisa’s. Pretty good. Lightly smoked big euro style dines. Reminded me a lot of Bela actually.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Just tried some Bandi also pretty good. Big only two fish in the tin, but they still filled the tin. Clean flavor, veg oil not olive.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

gonna eat some dines then pose and photograph some legos. who want's to try and stop me?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

The Voice of Labor posted:

gonna eat some dines then pose and photograph some legos. who want's to try and stop me?

Not I, friend. You eat those dines! I just had some myself and they were delish.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’ve got a wager with the guy im playing in my fantasy football league this week. If I win he buys me three drinks at the bar. If he wins I give him one of my remaining KO vintage dine tins

I’m getting destroyed :(

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

The Voice of Labor posted:

Well?? Did you build a Lego sardine boat or what?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020