Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mikiri looks cool as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I should play Disco Elysium, all my students keep talking about it

do you mind me asking what subject area you teach in?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bad vibes ahead:

My Cat Bruce had to be put down tonight due to sudden heart failure

Gonna miss you buddy 9/11 never forget

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

o7 never forget Bruce.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

it's an awful feeling, and it'll stick with you. poor cat.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

...lol...

But also, that sucks :(
drat good kitty

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Sorry, that sucks. Bruce looked like a rad cat.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

Bad vibes ahead:

I am so sorry for your loss :(

Please remember that it is okay to mourn and that you can take as long as you want to mourn. Keep Bruce in your memories. They will be tinged with sadness, but that sadness helps us to appreciate those times we spent with those no longer with us, and I think Bruce would be happy to know you continued to remember him fondly despite the sadness of his death.

RIP Bruce

Weedle
May 31, 2006

just rewatched hard boiled for the first time in at least a decade. i remembered it being awesome but it’s even more awesome than i remembered. all the double crosses and shifting allegiances, the music, the absolutely exceptional camera work, the choreography, the insanely long take in the hospital that follows tequila and alan through the hallway, into the elevator and out again as dudes are crashing through the windows and all sorts of explosions and gunfire are going off. just completely loving extraordinary. one hundred out of ten movie

this is relevant to the thread because they made a video game sequel in 2007 called “stranglehold” that i never played but i see got a bargain-price gog rerelease a couple of years ago. anyone played that? worth a shot?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's not a bad game at all. Reallly early PS3 gen so be prepared, but a fun afternoon for sure

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i forgot it was explicitly a sequel

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
People always get mad at the term "Metroidvania" to describe it's respected genre. Personally what always bugged me was "Sandbox". Like I understand the concept "in a sandbox you make your own fun", but I find the term not to stick because all sandboxes are the same. The way I view titles like Grand Theft Auto and Kenshi is that they give you several tools/toys to play with and it's up to you to use those tools/toys to interact with one another to make your own fun the way you want it.

Because of this I always felt "Toybox" would be a more accurate genre descriptor since it implies that the developers put in a bunch of unique toys of their own in a box and you are interacting with them how you see fit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Have you seen kenshi ? It’s like 90% sand

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Have you seen kenshi ? It’s like 90% sand

WRONG!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Weedle posted:

just rewatched hard boiled for the first time in at least a decade. i remembered it being awesome but it’s even more awesome than i remembered. all the double crosses and shifting allegiances, the music, the absolutely exceptional camera work, the choreography, the insanely long take in the hospital that follows tequila and alan through the hallway, into the elevator and out again as dudes are crashing through the windows and all sorts of explosions and gunfire are going off. just completely loving extraordinary. one hundred out of ten movie

this is relevant to the thread because they made a video game sequel in 2007 called “stranglehold” that i never played but i see got a bargain-price gog rerelease a couple of years ago. anyone played that? worth a shot?
stranglehold holds up in terms of gameplay, a lot of john woo side diving slo mo everywhere

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

hatty posted:

Bad vibes ahead:

I'm really sorry. I just got a black kitten, I'll take extra good care of her for Bruce.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm gonna try out gamefly to fill out some of my 2021 playlist. some of my queued games:

subnautica below zero
blue fire
atelier ryza 2
ys 9
mario 3D World (for bowser's fury)
bravely default 2
root film
monster world IV remake
skyward sword HD
greak
the forgotten city
kaze & the wild masks
RE8

that'd get me to over 35 2021 games played so i'd probably have a very sturdy top 20 list at that point

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Has there been any news on the Cuphead DLC? It was delayed in 2019, 2020 happened with the dlc given a 2021 release and here we are in September and as far as I know, no word. Hoping someone's heard something.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Because of this I always felt "Toybox" would be a more accurate genre descriptor since it implies that the developers put in a bunch of unique toys of their own in a box and you are interacting with them how you see fit.
They're different things. Sandboxes are called sandboxes because the environment is provided too, while toybox usually refers to the set of tools and objects the player's given inside the sandbox.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i want to play the new saints row aaaaa. i hope they put out the character creator ahead of time again like they did with 4 and i think 3

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chev posted:

They're different things. Sandboxes are called sandboxes because the environment is provided too, while toybox usually refers to the set of tools and objects the player's given inside the sandbox.

But sandboxes universally have the same exact environment, sand.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats really dismissive. theres lots of kinds of sand, come with me on a journey as we learn about sand. im troy mcclure

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Bruce seemed like a troublemaker, I love him, Rest In Peace

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Force Unleashed:

Three missions in and I'm having a good time with this game but it is harder than I expected with a fair amount of bullshit deaths and bosses that suffer from 'if you don't do exactly what we ask of you then get hosed' syndrome. But using force powers isn't getting old and now I can do the old Sith lightning trick which is rad.

This is the first game I've played with actual content DLC up on the PS Store. I kinda want it but it would be £24 for the lot which feels excessive :thunkher:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's one problem when you get to older games with DLC, there's zero change of them ever going on sale again

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

RIP the catte, that sucks my dude. We had to put our dog down earlier this year. It's a hard call to make but if you're thinking about it then it probably is the right thing for them at this point. Eventually you'll be able to invite another, different but still wonderful furry idiot into your zone.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

hatty posted:

Bad vibes ahead:

He looks like a very good/goofy friend, condolences.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

homeless snail posted:

thats really dismissive. theres lots of kinds of sand. And I hate it all.

im Anakin Skywalker.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One thing Force Unleashed does really well is its environments. They're really varied and the graphics are amazing to make these places feel real. This is right up there with Ninja Gaiden II as the best of the best in 2008 gaming

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Goodbye Bruce. :(

Thanks for the well wishes yesterday everyone!. Curry was good. I lost a run of Slay the Spire, did Chapter 2 of FE6 and played some Picross DS. It was a good day.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

New warioware game looks fun. $80 is a lot tho. Nintendo...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

thats really dismissive. theres lots of kinds of sand, come with me on a journey as we learn about sand. im troy mcclure

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
game why, stop it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tag urself

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m between loamy sand and sandy loam

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Aww, condolences. This reminds me why I get a stronger feeling from the "cat crying" emoji than the "human crying" one...

Rinkles posted:

do you mind me asking what subject area you teach in?

They are students in media

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

hatty posted:

Bad vibes ahead:

We had to put our cat down last Friday, I still look at his spot on the couch or behind the curtain expecting to see him. My wife had him for 14 years and I've been with him for 6 years. He has been slowly losing weight the past few months and this past week he refused to eat or drink anything. My wife couldn't watch while he was put down but I stayed with him and the vet left us alone while I stayed petting and talking to him until he was gone.

Good bye Adrian, I've never had a cat like you before or one that got me so emotional at your passing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Force Unleashed:

Man, gently caress those Purge Troopers ugh

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Bruce was a good cat. Adrian was too!

Weedle posted:

just rewatched hard boiled for the first time in at least a decade.

I did a The Killer / Hard Boiled movie night a few years ago and everyone, me included, preferred The Killer.

I finished Yakuza 2 (main campaign) last night and it was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

hatty posted:

I’m between loamy sand and sandy loam

Sandy Loam sounds like the name of a news Anchor in a comic book