Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
1k on bucs -8.5 and over 51.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
WEEK 2 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS

Oklahoma State (-13)
UAB (+24)
Air Force (-6)
Liberty (-4)
Michigan (-7)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Man Chris Godwin sure screwed up covering the spread there

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm trying CFB this season for the first time

Boise State -26
Coastal Carolina -26.5

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Well I put $100 on Henry hitting 2000 yards this season. +1000

Figured I should document that here.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Sports betting in FL is going live Oct 15, probably run exclusively by Seminole Hard Rock.

I'm gonna put in up to $1000 because that's what I can afford to lose. My question is how I should set up some sort of spreadsheet to track what I'm betting each week and any bonuses I might snag. Is there some sort of template some of you use to track your daily/weekly activity? I'm never gonna make/lose enough money to worry about taxes with this, it's just for my own curiosity and to see if I have any leaks like overestimating SEC teams or something like that.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I usually use spreadsheets to track trends in popular bets, but this year I'm just using a notepad due to my pool being called off this year. I'm starting with a budget of $1,300, putting $100 on the line per week until either the season is completed or until my winnings plus remaining budget is equal to or greater than $2,000. If that happens, my budget will be ONLY my winnings, and I'll play the rest of the season by ear.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

skaboomizzy posted:

Sports betting in FL is going live Oct 15, probably run exclusively by Seminole Hard Rock.

I'm gonna put in up to $1000 because that's what I can afford to lose. My question is how I should set up some sort of spreadsheet to track what I'm betting each week and any bonuses I might snag. Is there some sort of template some of you use to track your daily/weekly activity? I'm never gonna make/lose enough money to worry about taxes with this, it's just for my own curiosity and to see if I have any leaks like overestimating SEC teams or something like that.

I am pretty pumped about this I didn't realize this was happening so fast. My bookie is gonna be pissed because he is gonna lose a lot of business.

I use spreadsheets as well to log everything mostly for tax purposes but if anyone knows of a program to use I would be willing to buy it and be the guinea pig to see if works and what features and stuff it has.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
As for taxes, :texas: doesn't allow for sports gambling, so it's all under the table.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

As for taxes, :texas: doesn't allow for sports gambling, so it's all under the table.

Can’t you do it as miscellaneous income? I’m pretty strict on reporting my losses and winnings because the IRS has been up my rear end the last 10 years. I have been audited 3 times mostly from banks reporting the amount of cash swings that happens in my account. One year the guy was so certain I was hiding money that I wasn’t reporting and being a complete rear end in a top hat but in the end he had to eat poo poo because my spreadsheets are pretty meticulous.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
This makes me so glad that gambling isn't taxable in the UK. It does mean you can't offset losses, but it's way less hassle

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

got the KU/Coastal over last night.

Michigan-6.5
Iowa ML+155
Texas-7

Wis/E Mich over 52.5
Tulsa/Ok St under 50.5
Georgia/UAB under 44.5
UNLV/ASU Over 54.5

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rutgers -2.5

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

jase1 posted:

Can’t you do it as miscellaneous income? I’m pretty strict on reporting my losses and winnings because the IRS has been up my rear end the last 10 years. I have been audited 3 times mostly from banks reporting the amount of cash swings that happens in my account. One year the guy was so certain I was hiding money that I wasn’t reporting and being a complete rear end in a top hat but in the end he had to eat poo poo because my spreadsheets are pretty meticulous.

As someone who lives via the tip jar, I make sure to put in a little, but not too much money in at once with my paycheck. I still have $200 in winnings in my dresser drawer from June, waiting for the moment when the tips are low so as not to arouse suspicion.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Need to post these now or I will forget.

1k parlay on Niners ml and cleveland +5.5 and Saints +3.5 that pays like almost 4 to 1

1k parlay on bengals ml and jets ml that pays a little under 6 to 1

5k o54.5 in the Browns/chiefs game

5k on Bills -6.5

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
every team to score a passing touchdown at some point today in every 1pm and 4.25pm game is 28/1 on Skybet, honestly the only teams I'm worried about here are the Jets and maybe Houston, but they're playing the Jags so should be ok for one

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I made the largest bet of my sports-gambling career with the $5,000 free bet promo and won on Thursday night :) thank you touchdown tom brady (Bucs ML)

i made an o/u bet on all 32 NFL teams this year, and also went in on o/u for most of the power 5 NCAAF teams, and picking most conference champs. i will share as soon as i figure out a way to show them other than a massive wall of text

also in april i made o/u bets on all MLB teams and I haven't checked them in a while. they weren't very large bets and I didn't do a ton of research, so I'm expecting it to be pretty bad! One of them I have checked on and remember is the San Francisco Giants who blew past the Under number in June lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Steelers ML +230
Chargers ML +110

Bengals +3
Rams -9
49ers -8.5
Seahawks -3

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 12, 2021

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Steelers ML +230
Chargers ML +110

Bengals +3
Rams -9
49ers -8.5
Seahawks -3

gently caress the Steelers but very nice hit on that one.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Bills and Packers decided to ruin my day.

Atleast I hit a boost on the Eagles Fan Duel had, because the Falcons should never be favored this season.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I like the under in the SNF game tonight.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

every team to score a passing touchdown at some point today in every 1pm and 4.25pm game is 28/1 on Skybet, honestly the only teams I'm worried about here are the Jets and maybe Houston, but they're playing the Jags so should be ok for one

If you asked me this morning who would jiggle me on this bet I would never have come up with Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Ended with a small profit after my 3 team parlay hit.

3k on the u46.5 in the bears game.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Was looking for something else tonight and came around on the Under as well. Bears first few plays scared me but then they did what they do best.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

welp

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

jase1 posted:

gently caress the Steelers but very nice hit on that one.

Thanks, I wish I had bet 49ers last night when I was looking at the lines and they were sitting at -7.5 however.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Seemed like a blessed under as the Rams were running the clock late, but one too many quick scores to endure last night, unfortunately. Won't be the first or last time my greed turns a good betting day into an okay one.

We're on to Cincinnati.

e: Should have stuck with Dalton yards under ~213, saw a tip to take that under but when it was given it was closer to 240 and I chickened out.

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 13, 2021

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I lost big this weekend : Bills, Packers, and Patriots all decided to crap the bed at once now I'm hoping on the long shot parlay I have Texans Raiders (don't ask) to makeup my stake for the weekend.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I was so excited for the debut of Matthew Stafford Rams QB everytime the spread dipped below -10 Rams last night I put more money on the Rams. I was in deep by the end and it was incredibly dumb but Yolo

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Getting cute with a prop bet tonight, each team will score at least one FG & TD in each half +1000. Seems like there will be a decent amount of offense, I expect both teams to be up for the occasion, and I have some bonus bucks to use.

e: This would have been a nice hit if going for it on 4th and short weren't the 'optimal' play; Ravens might have won the game, too!

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 14, 2021

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

LionYeti posted:

I'm hoping on the long shot parlay I have Texans Raiders (don't ask) to makeup my stake for the weekend.

Well well done, hah! I'm going to ignore you and ask: what was the full bet?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

JohnCompany posted:

Well well done, hah! I'm going to ignore you and ask: what was the full bet?

Basically I had put money on the Packers, Patriots and a Bills Niners teaser which all failed and a 3 dollar bet on that longshot parlay to cover all those stakes. My logic is Jags/Texans both teams were bad neither should have been favored it was a crap shoot and I think the Ravens especially with the injuries are wildly fraudulent.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Giants +3.5

Also going to throw a little on Giants ML too I think

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Looking at first half under 20.5 -125 for tonight, gotta walk a couple blocks and put that bet in

While I'm here, I was thinking of teasing the Texans and Cowboys together, Texans +18ish and Boys +10ish feels good. Hopefully not overreacting on the Texans looking competent in Week 1, I could certainly see the Browns putting the beatdown on them. Don't see the Cowboys getting handled by the Chargers that easily.

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 16, 2021

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Ohio +19.5

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Looking at first half under 20.5 -125 for tonight, gotta walk a couple blocks and put that bet in

While I'm here, I was thinking of teasing the Texans and Cowboys together, Texans +18ish and Boys +10ish feels good. Hopefully not overreacting on the Texans looking competent in Week 1, I could certainly see the Browns putting the beatdown on them. Don't see the Cowboys getting handled by the Chargers that easily.

I honestly believe the Browns will manhandle the Texans, there's gotta be some frustration there after losing to the Chiefs in the 4th quarter and the Jaguars are probably the worst coached team in the league right now.

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 16, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
WEEK 3 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS

Cincinnati (-3.5)
Michigan State (+6)
Memphis (+3)
Marshall (-10)
Oklahoma State (+4)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Another point against the Texans, I was listening to The Athletic football podcast and they pointed out that with Lovie Smith as the defensive coordinator they ran Cover 2 on 40 out of 74 defensive snaps in the Jags game. Baker is going to crush them if they do that again.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

DariusLikewise posted:

Another point against the Texans, I was listening to The Athletic football podcast and they pointed out that with Lovie Smith as the defensive coordinator they ran Cover 2 on 40 out of 74 defensive snaps in the Jags game. Baker is going to crush them if they do that again.

Ah, but have you considered

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1438956326638571526

(I'm not betting on any Texans game since I cheer them on and my judgement would be clouded)

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah what I'm leaning towards now is a player prop, Chubb over 90 rushing yards. He went for 126 against them last season, and it seems overwhelmingly likely they'll at least be playing from ahead. And even though I think Tyrod is a bit of a garbageman, I still think they'll keep it within 18 or so. There's certainly reason not to get attracted by that big number though, like you're saying with the way the Browns lost last week, they might want to keep the foot on the gas pedal and run up the score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm going pretty hard on the bucs this week. atlanta is a joke and the buccaneers are a force playing at home. i'd probably still take this line at like...-16.5.