Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kenta Kobashi must be spinning in his grave knowing that Meltzer thinks the cage match was better than every single match he had in his career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sydney Bottocks posted:

A hot girl came up to me and said she agreed 100% but was always too scared to let people know she didn't like AEW, and now we have a date to watch Raw every Monday night. :c00lbert:

We don't need to hear about your GILF fetish

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my blender told me it was secretly reporting fake neilsen numbers to skew AEW higher.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1436729037116755971

I have read dozens of statements from companies that cut off a theme song or cut time from a match.

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1436759257819402240

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 12, 2021

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Are people seriously upset about a theme song? Jesus christ.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its a fun thing to do live!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheKingslayer posted:

It's very disrespectful to people who don't like AEW.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao the replies and QTs are just that guy getting relentlessly dunked on.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I walked into my local Starbucks and told them my name was "SHAVE SELTZER" so they had to put it on my order. Then I ordered the wimpiest, soyboy latte you could think of. When they announced "SHAVE SELTZER" I took the latte and dumped it in the garbage, "just like All Petite Wrestling", I added and everyone stood up and clapped. A hot girl came up to me and said she agreed 100% but was always too scared to let people know she didn't like AEW, and now we have a date to watch Raw every Monday night. :c00lbert:

Obvious fake story. Starbucks would never get that name right.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

lmao the replies and QTs are just that guy getting relentlessly dunked on.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I remember that account having an outburst at one time because NJPW wasn't bestowing accolades on him or something because of all the "hard work" he was doing as their "unofficial" fan club president.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Dear Gedo, I wrote you but you still ain't calling.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lest we forget the Yuka Sakazaki Incident (that one time they didn't play AYAYAYAYAYAY)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/ashleigholivia3/status/1436218124727164929?s=21

This person also has some hilarious tweets to Bix whrre they’re very obviously lying about being in new york on 9/11, just a weird piece of poo poo but the 9/11 tweets are at least funny and not racist but they don’t have anything to do with wrestling.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

https://twitter.com/ashleigholivia3/status/1436218124727164929?s=21

This person also has some hilarious tweets to Bix whrre they’re very obviously lying about being in new york on 9/11, just a weird piece of poo poo but the 9/11 tweets are at least funny and not racist but they don’t have anything to do with wrestling.

this tweet is patently untrue because E Drone Slayer is an Indian account

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

This raises the question of why they dragged her there in the first place if she didn't want to be on the show.

Common people don't watch this poo poo, which is why AEW is doing better than ever and just keeps growing its audience.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheKingslayer posted:

Don't worry, we have our best people on it!

https://twitter.com/ToruYanoFanAcct/status/1436891063864680454?s=20

(this is a good tweet, not a bad tweet)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I hope Joe Budden compromises Tony Kahn to a permanent end

bartok
May 10, 2006

What's funny is my sister is a casual fan who hasn't watched wrestling with any regularity since WM30 and came over to watch All Out only because of CM Punk's return and the one thing she couldn't stop talking about was that cage match. She knows nothing about the Young Bucks and the Lucha Bros. but thought it was the best match she's ever seen. She's now an AEW fan.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I guarantee that guy hasn't even seen the match, he's just appalled at the idea of it getting a high rating.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

JT Smiley posted:

I guarantee that guy hasn't even seen the match, he's just appalled at the idea of it getting a high rating.
Nah, I listen to a wrestling podcast where two of the hosts legitimately hated the cage match because "Young Bucks don't know psychology" and get incredibly upset when a Canadian Destroyer doesn't end a match. They don't hate AEW just Young Buck-style matches

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Tampa Bae posted:

Nah, I listen to a wrestling podcast where two of the hosts legitimately hated the cage match because "Young Bucks don't know psychology" and get incredibly upset when a Canadian Destroyer doesn't end a match. They don't hate AEW just Young Buck-style matches

IT'S A BIG SPOT MAGGLE

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Phuzzy posted:

IT'S A BIG SPOT MAGGLE
They had a girl that does roller derby on the show and were talking about how unrealistic it was that someone can get kicked in the head or take a destroyer and they just get up and no sell it. Roller Derby girl called bullshit on it and I take her word on it, I've played sports before too and when the adrenaline is pumping you don't even realize you're bleeding until afterwards sometimes. If anything people sell TOO MUCH

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I want to see a wrestler than no sells everything but it still hurts him so after like 10 minutes of getting hit with big moves and not selling his body finally gives out and he goes unconscious but you have to survive his onslaught until then not knowing when his steam will run out

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Eat My Fuc posted:

I want to see a wrestler than no sells everything but it still hurts him so after like 10 minutes of getting hit with big moves and not selling his body finally gives out and he goes unconscious but you have to survive his onslaught until then not knowing when his steam will run out
So what you want is Brock Lesner

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

So what you want is Brock Lesner

No, my guy has an actual dong tattoo not a cowardly “sword”

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Eat My Fuc posted:

No, my guy has an actual dong tattoo not a cowardly “sword”
Does Lance Archer having a 'tramp stamp' tattoo for several years count

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's Minoru Suzuki

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

They had a girl that does roller derby on the show and were talking about how unrealistic it was that someone can get kicked in the head or take a destroyer and they just get up and no sell it. Roller Derby girl called bullshit on it and I take her word on it, I've played sports before too and when the adrenaline is pumping you don't even realize you're bleeding until afterwards sometimes. If anything people sell TOO MUCH

It's amazing how many wrestling fans have no idea how the human body actually responds to pain and physical trauma. Almost as if they're a bunch of softboy nerds who have never experienced real physical hardship.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Takuan posted:

It's amazing how many wrestling fans have no idea how the human body actually responds to pain and physical trauma. Almost as if they're a bunch of softboy nerds who have never experienced real physical hardship.

The only thing I know how to sell is a wedgie pal

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Takuan posted:

The business evolves too. A Destroyer used to be an auto win and now it's not. They need to get over it.

Hell back in the day slamming a dude's head against the ringpost on the outside could potentially lead to a countout win. Same with a chair. Now they're just regular things people do. It's fine.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's Minoru Suzuki

I disagree. Minoru Suzuki is not a tramp stamp

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eat My Fuc posted:

That's Mecha Zangief.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

The business evolves too. A Destroyer used to be an auto win and now it's not. They need to get over it.

Hell back in the day slamming a dude's head against the ringpost on the outside could potentially lead to a countout win. Same with a chair. Now they're just regular things people do. It's fine.

I've mentioned it many times before, but Bob Backlund won the WWWF Heavyweight title with an ATOMIC DROP. That used to be a finisher.

But I love their whining about things like the DDT, how it "used to end a match, but now people kick out of it!"

Ok, so let's follow their logic. A DDT is a end all finisher. Hit it, and the match is over. No one kicks out. It's that devastating.

So, if they want "logic" and things to "make sense", then the way I see it, if the DDT is so unstoppable, then that means EVERY single wrestler should be using it as finisher. No one should be trying to work for another move. Why work for a figure four? Go for the DDT. RKO? Nope, go for the DDT. Splash off the top? Why take the risk? Go for the DDT. Why have a King Kong Bundy do a splash? A DDT should be what he's doing.

But of course, they'll argue that not everyone should do the DDT, because that'd wear out the uniqueness of the move, and that only certain people should do it. But again, if they want "logic", that doesn't make sense. Why would someone not use a killer move just because someone else uses it?

So they'll argue that maybe they don't do it as well as the other guy who does it. But then how do you show that?

By having someone kick out of it.

And those same people get upset again, and we're back at the beginning.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have actually seen someone claim that "a superkick is a finisher" and that it's unrealistic that people get up from the Bucks' Superkick Party.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If people used to win matches with moves that are just shrugged off nowadays it sounds like all those old-time wrestlers were just not as tough as this generation is.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Selachian posted:

I have actually seen someone claim that "a superkick is a finisher" and that it's unrealistic that people get up from the Bucks' Superkick Party.

The funniest thing is the reason they claim that is because it was Shawn Michaels finisher, who:

used to do Superkicks in tandem with Marty Jannetty as The Rockers, and they weren't pinning guys with it.
and
when he went solo after Marty, the Superkick was the set up for two different finishers (The Teardrop Suplex and the Piledriver). He only started using the Superkick after he realized he wouldn't be able to lift up the larger guys on the roster for those finishers.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I always thought kayfabe wise that if it's a guy's finisher that he's so good at the move be it a Superkick, DDT, Canadian Destroyer, or whatever that he can beat people with it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bartok posted:

I always thought kayfabe wise that if it's a guy's finisher that he's so good at the move be it a Superkick, DDT, Canadian Destroyer, or whatever that he can beat people with it.

Yeah this is why Nash got lazy with the Jackknife Powerbomb. He was so good at it that he didn't even need to put his full power into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

bartok posted:

Basically. Mox, Andrade and Tay all have a ddt variant as their finishers. Nyla’s is just a sit out power bomb and Janela uses the Death Valley driver and doesn’t even bother to give it another name.

A talking coyote fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 12, 2021