Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Chieves posted:

My wife and I just watched Arrears in Science for the first time. HOLY poo poo. What an amazing, DENSE 22 minutes.

It is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The name ALONE is a delicious meta commentary.

It calls back to "Careers in Science" while paying off the long overdue debt of the biggest question of the series, what happened to Jonas.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also it’s an amazing Jaws parody.

E: actually, the episode before Arrears in Science is the Jaws parody. Arrears starts with a Robocop riff instead.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 10, 2021

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I like how Original Team Venture takes Rodney to the hospital on an anti-shrunk cockroach as if they were just hopping in a car and driving away. No hesitation. "Gotta go somewhere, and all we have is a giant bug? That'll do."

They've been through some adventures.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pushing a mess.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

There's another movement on the floor

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

tarlibone posted:

I like how Original Team Venture takes Rodney to the hospital on an anti-shrunk cockroach as if they were just hopping in a car and driving away. No hesitation. "Gotta go somewhere, and all we have is a giant bug? That'll do."

They've been through some adventures.

"it's like they've done that before"

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Jackson Publick did some art for the printed version of Rex Steele: Nazi Smasher. And that makes me realize how much I want a comic of the pulp adventures of the OG team venture. Could be the 'in-universe' sanitized version like the Rusty Venture show, or more like the actual VB IRL show and the 'real' adventures of the real team Venture and thus that blend of pulp adventure and raw poo poo as we get see what a loving monster Jonas was.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Jackson Publick did some art for the printed version of Rex Steele: Nazi Smasher. And that makes me realize how much I want a comic of the pulp adventures of the OG team venture. Could be the 'in-universe' sanitized version like the Rusty Venture show, or more like the actual VB IRL show and the 'real' adventures of the real team Venture and thus that blend of pulp adventure and raw poo poo as we get see what a loving monster Jonas was.

It'd be neat if looking at it with rose-colored glasses--actual rose-colored glasses!--let you see the sanitized version. But when you remove the glasses, hoo boy, it's the same adventure, except what really happened.

I'd settle for a special format comic book where you open it and the left side is sanitized and the right is what actually happened. But there has to be a way to do the glasses thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sell a 200 dollar comic book where every page is done with lenticular printing and you rotate the page back and forth to see each version.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'd be 150% okay with Venture Bros. continuing in graphic novel form. I really don't need to have it animated and voiced as I can clearly channel and imagine the voices in my head just fine, as can everyone else in this thread, I'd imagine.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Radio dramas!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Reminds me of the commentary joke that Rusty himself mixes up his childhood memories with The Rusty Venture Show.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'd be 150% okay with Venture Bros. continuing in graphic novel form. I really don't need to have it animated and voiced as I can clearly channel and imagine the voices in my head just fine, as can everyone else in this thread, I'd imagine.

Counterpoint: Anything Dr. Orpheus says.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

IUG posted:

Counterpoint: Anything Dr. Orpheus says.

Countercounterpoint: the graphic novel or comic book format also has those things like what's in some greeting cards, where it starts playing music when you open it. So you open to any page with Dr. Orpheus talking, and the music starts playing.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The leapfrog venture brothers crossover we never knew we needed

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

tarlibone posted:

Countercounterpoint: the graphic novel or comic book format also has those things like what's in some greeting cards, where it starts playing music when you open it. So you open to any page with Dr. Orpheus talking, and the music starts playing.

They need to re-issue the artbook but have this feature for any page with Dr. O on it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

They need to re-issue the artbook but have this feature for any page with Dr. O on it.

Just have him read the whole thing like an audio book, actually just make it an actual companion audio book. Complete with sidebar "That's not what happened I was there!" additional new behind the scenes info.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
An audio drama podcast thing would be really perfect. The tiny skits in some of the Christmas songs make me confident it would work

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Man I’d totally subscribe to a venture bros patreon or something. Every month they could put out an audio episode, some art/comic pages, a Doc/Jackson podcast featuring the other voice actors as guests, maybe some in-character songs like the Christmas singles... :sigh:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If they had a Patreon they'd put out, like, wallpaper samples and retro testicle PSAs.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

An audio drama podcast thing would be really perfect. The tiny skits in some of the Christmas songs make me confident it would work
Is this wise ? I think that any long form scripted dialogue between those two is at risk of going off into one of their usual tangents 😅

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

feedmyleg posted:

If they had a Patreon they'd put out, like, wallpaper samples and retro testicle PSAs.

lol I just listened to a commentary track where they spoke about wanting to release the worst Venture Bros merch

"OH NO ITS GUARDO" in bubble letters with a picture of Guardo and a shirt that just says "Dean" in brown

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Dragonstoned posted:

and a shirt that just says "Dean" in brown

Well yeah, that was week six of the 2011 shirt club.

Mine is soft to the point of tatters now but it's so comfy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nikumatic posted:

Well yeah, that was week six of the 2011 shirt club.

Mine is soft to the point of tatters now but it's so comfy.

It goes even further back than that. The very first shirt they ever sold was literally just a plain brown shirt with nothing on it but the word DEAN. The season 3 shirt was an homage to the original.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I thought the original Dean shirt was a bootleg some gal made and wore to a con and they loved it so much they did an homage in shirt club.

It was somewhere on the S2 commentary.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dragonstoned posted:

lol I just listened to a commentary track where they spoke about wanting to release the worst Venture Bros merch

"OH NO ITS GUARDO" in bubble letters with a picture of Guardo and a shirt that just says "Dean" in brown
Imagine not buying either of these.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The first Dr Girlfriend I wore to death.

The second I could not wear in public.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I have a monarch logo shirt, but it may be a knockoff. Haven’t seen it in ages though, no idea where it got off to.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Sash! posted:

The first Dr Girlfriend I wore to death.

The second I could not wear in public.

Yeah, I got that second one in the mail and just noped it onto the Goodwill pile.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I think I only ever got the Henchman 24 shirt. And, I wore it out. Sadly, most of the time, I couldn't justify the expense of getting all the shirts back then.

What's the deal with Dr. Girlfriend's second shirt?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It’s just kind of gratuitous in a way that makes me uncomfortable wearing it in public. Like, it requires some explanation and no one has time for it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i think the question was "not all of us have an encyclopedic knowledge of Shirt Club Shirts, could you show us a picture?"

For the record, here:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It might make a cool poster or something, I wouldn't wear that shirt in public.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

i think the question was "not all of us have an encyclopedic knowledge of Shirt Club Shirts, could you show us a picture?"

For the record, here:

I gave this one to my GF and she wears it around in public no problem.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

For the record, here:

Ok, I think I get it.

1. It's a good-looking graphic.
  2. It looks good enough to get some attention, and since most people on the street don't know the context, you will have a lot of explaining to do about the woman in the image as well as what "Modern Enemy Monthly" is.

I dig the shirt, but I'd only wear it if I was somewhere where people were likely to know the context.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I believe I have every shirt and since I have gotten older and fatter I want to have them made into a quilt or something.

The first Dr. Girlfriend shirt owned bones, mine is unwearable due to all the west and tear. I wonder if there's bootlegs out there.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ajaxify posted:

I gave this one to my GF and she wears it around in public no problem.

maybe this is closed-minded of me, but I feel like a woman wearing an image of a pin-up is less likely to be weird than a man doing so

never did shirt club, think it was over by the time I got into this show. should probably try to find a couple

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I used to work out in a S5 OSI shirt so I could feel like Brock Samson. (No amount of working out will make me look like Brock Samson). A guy even recognized it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this is the only one i have and i've never had anyone recognize it. occasionally get asked about what it means and i find a polite way to say "don't worry about it."