Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I assumed Inc's appearance is because he's regenerating most of his body or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Is Mammon the weakest of the demiurges? Besides being giant dragon Jeff Bezos, does he have any other particular skills of note?

I seem to recall he bought his key, which is never a good thing way to gain power when it all boils down to the using sharp rocks part of the equation.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Z the IVth posted:

Is Mammon the weakest of the demiurges?

Well, he is now.

I don't know if he always was, but in a world where power is explicitly linked to the will to use it being the most depressed demiurge probably made him the de facto weakest regardless of whatever else he had going in.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

Is Mammon the weakest of the demiurges? Besides being giant dragon Jeff Bezos, does he have any other particular skills of note?

I seem to recall he bought his key, which is never a good thing way to gain power when it all boils down to the using sharp rocks part of the equation.

Well he's just too big for conventional weapons and techniques to even work on him and he summons both meteors and molten gold during this fight. But yeah, his real power is just overwhelming monetary assets.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mammon was the least practiced at the art of kicking rear end

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
mammon was explicitly called as the weakest several times, and when jadis saw her oopsie and got stuck in blue jello it's explicitly stated that she went from one of the most powerful demiurges to the least (except for mammon)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Yeah, back in the day Mammon was saved from being bottom of the barrel by 1) Incubus, Jadis, and possibly Mottom existing and 2) the clever stratagem of being a gigantic dragon, but senility has certainly not helped his burning fires of will.

nor have, you know, recent events

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He just doesn’t have the head for this demiurge stuff.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I think at the time of the ranking Mammon was described as the weakest "for reasons that will become apparent when he appears", or something like that. Seems to hint that his mental state was the main reason for him being the absolute last. Otherwise he probably shares the bottom tier with Mottom and/or Incubus.

Though to his credit he's as far as we know the only Servant to become a Demiurge, so his personal will was probably pretty impressive.

YaketySass fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 12, 2021

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Brought To You By posted:

Well he's just too big for conventional weapons and techniques to even work on him and he summons both meteors and molten gold during this fight. But yeah, his real power is just overwhelming monetary assets.

Wasn't it stated that he bought his key?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Something something splitting headache

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Now he'll never be the head of a major banking conglomerate

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

TwoQuestions posted:

So now we just watch everyone else watch in horror as Jagg kills the universe? Even with Gog they'd have probably lost, and now he's stronger than he was then.

I am choosing to believe that they could have won with Aspected Chaos's help. And yes, this does seem pretty dire now!

TwoQuestions posted:

Why Jagg pissed about in his weaker form and didn't kill Solomon (and his whole planet) by surprise is really puzzling to me.

I am likewise choosing to believe that he really wanted to drive his point home instead of picking them off one by one. Or maybe he just loves a good spectacle!

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Renaissance Robot posted:

Wasn't it stated that he bought his key?

Yes, though being wealthy enough to buy something that's priceless and irreplaceable during a war where there's thousands of warlords willing to shank you and steal your hoard seems to imply he was probably strong enough to be a real contender for the key for other reasons.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

TwoQuestions posted:

Why Jagg pissed about in his weaker form and didn't kill Solomon (and his whole planet) by surprise is really puzzling to me.
It is a good day for war.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TwoQuestions posted:

So now we just watch everyone else watch in horror as Jagg kills the universe? Even with Gog they'd have probably lost, and now he's stronger than he was then.
WC beating Solomon was a huge rear end-pull, but the outcome was cool enough to overlook the hard fact that she should have been smolted right there if not for the plot armor.

Why Jagg pissed about in his weaker form and didn't kill Solomon (and his whole planet) by surprise is really puzzling to me. Even if Gog would have gotten away, he'd have Solomon's key and be able to take her and the rest. The fight would have been over before the combatants knew it was on, and he isn't characterized as the giant moron every other demiurge is.

Also:

Calling what happened with White Chain plot armor is stupid and reductive as hell.

As for the second part, as far as Jagganoth is concerned his victory is completely inevitable and unstoppable. He doesn't need subtly or subterfuge because trying to stop him is like an ant trying to stop an avalanche. Better to offer the chance to die quickly and cleanly and save everyone the trouble.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

It's easy, he just had to get pressured enough to fill up his limit break. You can't just walk into a fight and immediately use your most powerful attack, this is Shonentown.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Count Uvula posted:

Yes, though being wealthy enough to buy something that's priceless and irreplaceable during a war where there's thousands of warlords willing to shank you and steal your hoard seems to imply he was probably strong enough to be a real contender for the key for other reasons.

I thought he bought his *first* Key, rather than acquiring the rest through wealth.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

There Bias Two posted:

I thought he bought his *first* Key, rather than acquiring the rest through wealth.

That's my interpretation too, he had to work his way up to 111,111 worlds like the rest of them.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That's probably the best one word update I've ever seen.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

the holy poopacy posted:

That's my interpretation too, he had to work his way up to 111,111 worlds like the rest of them.

Yeah I'd always been under the impression that the Seven had formed an alliance together as minor demiurges before they came out on top and worked together to take out everyone else.

(With the possible exception of Maya/Incubus)

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I hope we get a flashback thing about Incubus and Maya that ends up with him not being a massive piece of poo poo but I doubt it. I feel like everyone is going down in less than glorious fashion. Like the few minutes Gog came to help Jag’s armies invaded her worlds and sterilized them while vulnerable.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
wait but where does jagganoth get his other eye?????? one other demiurge is getting ripped in twain minimum

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

TK-42-1 posted:

I hope we get a flashback thing about Incubus and Maya that ends up with him not being a massive piece of poo poo but I doubt it. I feel like everyone is going down in less than glorious fashion. Like the few minutes Gog came to help Jag’s armies invaded her worlds and sterilized them while vulnerable.

Gog's worlds are mostly Gog anyways, and also why do people keep going 'I bet Jagganoth was doing something horrible offscreen' there's no parsimony to it.
He's doing something horrible on-screen and with great success, I don't see why it needs to be more complicated than that.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Mainly because dealing with Gog seems like an insurmountable barrier considering her nature?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Archenteron posted:

Allison kicks down the door, Solomon reminds her that they're in the tournament arc, the preliminary round starts tomorrow, a nearby scribe hands her an entry form and invoice for the door repair, and shoos her out.

A servant hands Solomon a fresh glass of juice with a twisty straw, and he begins his calisthenics

I forgot what I was clicking but I ended up in this thread circa 2017...

Many good posts

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

someone mentioned this in the discord and white chain's official art from war for rayuba in the canonical future is pretty interesting:

at least, given the current state of the demiurges and their keys, her formerly grey-ish eyes are now the same color as Solomon's and there's something covering the part of her forehead where you might see if she had a key

eke out fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 13, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something we've kinda missed; They're all back on the ground now.

In Cutting-range of a certain angry Noodle Vendor...

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
A lesser storyteller would take this opportunity for Incubus to try to seize Alisons key, now you need 2 keys to keep up with the fight after all.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

A lesser storyteller would take this opportunity for Incubus to try to seize Alisons key, now you need 2 keys to keep up with the fight after all.

I'm still kind of wondering if this is where this scene is going. "Welp" could very well be "Welp, time for Plan C."

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

TWO swords!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Incubus using the universal white Midwesterner signal that you're leaving

VVVVVVV

"I got a, oof, just a heck of a drive."

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 13, 2021

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

“Time to hit the ol’ dusty trail…”

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

bees x1000 posted:

TWO swords!

What is better than two swords?

Nothing

METI: Exactly!

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Incubus using the universal white Midwesterner signal that you're leaving

VVVVVVV

"I got a, oof, just a heck of a drive."

"alllllllright, it's getting late."

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

*slaps knee* think it's time to head out, thanks for having me

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Aw, you sure you don't want a cup of coffee first? I was just about to make some.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Pyrus Malus posted:

wait but where does jagganoth get his other eye?????? one other demiurge is getting ripped in twain minimum

Good observation, I had assumed that Jagg would take an eye from Allison but that does not seem to be the case.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jaggs pissed about in the beginning because he knew he was invincible and he wanted to see what the others could manage to do. He's having a very entertaining and productive day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you don't use both hands to pick up a weight if you don't need to