Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Oh my god, you're amazing, thank you!

Edit: actually, that wasn't it but it did help me get closer, it was called Living with Strangers, from 2006. Unfortunately it appears to have left the internet, all the links I could find were broken.

I did find an old thread on it though.

Captain Theron fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 25, 2021

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
trying to find a video i found, i think on youtube originally

in it, a man is filmed in a parking lot, purchasing and inhaling some kind of duster or paint thinner, something like that, while the guy holding the camera (he may have had friends with him) mocks him, at one point trying to convince the drug user that he is the police and the drug user is under arrest

the addict is a crackhead looking white guy and it's a young black man making fun of him, if that helps at all

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i!
Jan 5, 2011

Cool avs beyond this door.

little munchkin posted:

trying to find a video i found, i think on youtube originally

in it, a man is filmed in a parking lot, purchasing and inhaling some kind of duster or paint thinner, something like that, while the guy holding the camera (he may have had friends with him) mocks him, at one point trying to convince the drug user that he is the police and the drug user is under arrest

the addict is a crackhead looking white guy and it's a young black man making fun of him, if that helps at all

https://youtu.be/Wt-3JF1tgM0 I know it's not this one but this is all I could think of

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i! posted:

https://youtu.be/Wt-3JF1tgM0 I know it's not this one but this is all I could think of

I haven’t clicked the link yet but I’m real sad that James Franco is air dusting…

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
Some kind of Aussie telemovie/feature film/ episode from the 90s with this one scene:

A conversation in a restaurant between three men about two of them failing a sports team. The third cracks the shits, spits in a napkin, folds it and thrusts it into one of the other men's top pocket while explaining 'you stuffed them up' before storming off.

Not much to go on I know, I was doing media studies in the 90s and got a last minute invite to watch the production in action, ending up as an extra during the scene. Being a teen at the time I've forgotten a lot of the details but I can recall:

-Round 1995/96
-It was filmed at a restaurant near the Yarra in Richmond Victoria
-I keep thinking Colin Friels was involved (as the guy who gets angry) but the timeline doesn't seem to match.
-I've Messaged Horizon Films who I thought may be involved but never heard back.

Loved to find it to show my kids 'There's dad in the back, pretending to drink that beer..'

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

American TV show, mid-1990s.

Grandpa is babysitting his grandson one night. It's also the night of a big boxing match on PPV. Grandpa is eagerly wanting to watch this match because he's spent a lot of money ordering it. The bell rings and the kid calls out for help. He's gotten on top/hung on the fridge and can't get down.

Grandpa gets him down in seconds, but when he gets back to the TV, the match is over. Knockout immediately after the bell. Grandpa thinks he'll at least be saved by the replay, but it seems something else distracts him from that as well.

I initially thought the series was called Shaky Ground - which indeed has a boxing episode - but that episode is on YouTube and this isn't it.

late edit: This was live action, not a cartoon.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 3, 2021

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

A long time ago I had an mp3 remix with biggie doing his live freestyle of "where Brooklyn at'
Around 1:50 https://youtu.be/XGpxscefrDg

With the line from deja vu 'brooklyn niggas get crazy loot'

With the background track of like a 70s flute riff.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 3, 2021

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

American TV show, mid-1990s.

Grandpa is babysitting his grandson one night. It's also the night of a big boxing match on PPV. Grandpa is eagerly wanting to watch this match because he's spent a lot of money ordering it. The bell rings and the kid calls out for help. He's gotten on top/hung on the fridge and can't get down.

Grandpa gets him down in seconds, but when he gets back to the TV, the match is over. Knockout immediately after the bell. Grandpa thinks he'll at least be saved by the replay, but it seems something else distracts him from that as well.

I initially thought the series was called Shaky Ground - which indeed has a boxing episode - but that episode is on YouTube and this isn't it.

This sounds like an episode of Rugrats.

EDIT: Nope.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Here's one: I have only the vaguest memory of it, but it was one of those early 2000s flash cartoons. Literally all I remember of it is that I think the main character was a big heavy set guy, and I remember one episode where he took his shirt off at the pool or something and another character commented that his nipples were "the size of dinner plates." And I think I only remember that because it made me gag

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

tater_salad posted:

A long time ago I had an mp3 remix with biggie doing his live freestyle of "where Brooklyn at'
Around 1:50 https://youtu.be/XGpxscefrDg

With deja vu saying 'brooklym niggas get crazy loot'

With the background track of like a 70s flute riff.

Does this help your search? Deja Vu is the song title not a person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVnoNpncfh0

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Sorry should have specified a bit better.

The line from the song deja Vu

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Heath posted:

Here's one: I have only the vaguest memory of it, but it was one of those early 2000s flash cartoons. Literally all I remember of it is that I think the main character was a big heavy set guy, and I remember one episode where he took his shirt off at the pool or something and another character commented that his nipples were "the size of dinner plates." And I think I only remember that because it made me gag

Family Guy maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GXVVW61-wQ

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
There was this show on either MTV or VH1 in the late 90s or early 2000s that was a comedy that had sketches but also did a thing where they talked over music videos to crack jokes. It wasn't like a Beavis & Butt-head thing, it was a voice-over on top of the existing music video without cutting away. I distinctly remember the show doing The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony and all of the "jokes" were pedestrians complaining about the singer bumping into them as he walked down the street. It would've been on around the same time that Ahmed Zappa had that web-based trivia show. Does anyone know what this show was called?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

No, it was a Flash webtoon of some kind.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

FrumpleOrz posted:

There was this show on either MTV or VH1 in the late 90s or early 2000s that was a comedy that had sketches but also did a thing where they talked over music videos to crack jokes.

God, there was this weird wonderful time in the 90s where if you were just flipping channels and landed on MTV and you weren't familiar with the formats of its various shows it gave the impression that the channel was this 24/7 collage of comedy skits, music videos, people talking over music videos, weird animated skits that would sometimes talk over music videos, random sexy people dancing on the beach with a little box in the corner showing the song's official video (which often consisted of random sexy people dancing), and weird game shows featuring random sexy people sometimes dancing to music videos. It was all incredibly ridiculous and stupid but it was a lot of fun when you're bored and you happen to catch it in one of these "Party Channel" modes.

Anyways, sorry I can't help, but thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Fred Durst's Party In The USA.

It was a song mashup on Youtube that took Miley Cyrus' Party In The USA and Limp Bizkit's Nookie and slapped them together and it was hilarious and really catchy. One day it disappeared and it never came back and every so often I'll go on an internet deep dive and come up empty. It MUST be out there somewhere. It has to be.

Also I know I wasn't hallucinating this but there was a Witcher screenshot going around where someone was trying to seduce Geralt and one of his dialogue options was "What if I'm gay?" and I have never rediscovered it

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Songbearer posted:

It was a song mashup on Youtube that took Miley Cyrus' Party In The USA and Limp Bizkit's Nookie and slapped them together and it was hilarious and really catchy. One day it disappeared and it never came back and every so often I'll go on an internet deep dive and come up empty. It MUST be out there somewhere. It has to be.

Also I know I wasn't hallucinating this but there was a Witcher screenshot going around where someone was trying to seduce Geralt and one of his dialogue options was "What if I'm gay?" and I have never rediscovered it

Witcher gay, so what

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Songbearer posted:

Ohhhhhhh dang, I remember that one now!

I FOUND IT!
https://soundcloud.com/djstringcheese/nookie-in-the-usa?in=djstringcheese%2Fsets%2Fmashups

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's so close but it's not quite there!! The version I recall had Miley Cyrus singing "I put my hands up, play my song, the butterflies fly away" followed by Fred Durst singing "So stick it up your (yeah!)". It's so, so close!!

E: I've tracked down the exact link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgO-v_pNvds but it's been dead since forever

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 8, 2021

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Songbearer posted:

It's so close but it's not quite there!! The version I recall had Miley Cyrus singing "I put my hands up, play my song, the butterflies fly away" followed by Fred Durst singing "So stick it up your (yeah!)". It's so, so close!!

E: I've tracked down the exact link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgO-v_pNvds but it's been dead since forever

Oh yeah I was going ask if you had any idea if you remembered the author/dj/editor/etc. of the mashup? I wonder if this was a Limp Mixbit mix. The problem there is that the official channel only has a small portion of all the songs uploaded there... But if the name rings a bell you could look for some of the older collections.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
After thorough research it turns out it was a Joeyclassic video who infamously nuked his channel for reasons unknown. The fucker of it is his stuff is still around and there's a Archive.org collection of his stuff but still not that one specific video!! Argh! The hunt continues, but at least it's confirmed to be his.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

I'm half-remembering a movie scene and I'm trying to figure what movie it is.

A father and son are on the side of the road changing a tire on their car and a Bad Dude™️ comes along and it's a very tense scene where the bad dude is threateningly talking about how unsafe it is to drive on 3 lugnuts, then 2, etc. while yeeting the lugnuts away.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I'm trying to find the name of a Canadian/British science fiction budget/made for TV movie from the 70's/80's that I saw when I was just a little kid. Key characteristics:

- Two dudes in the pilot and co pilot seats drinking a green liquid, and the running joke is that it's actually windshield wiper fluid.

- A villain with wings for arms who is very sensitive about it, and shows off his dexterity by playing the violin.

- May or may not have had SCTV cast members Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis.

- A female actress I remember nothing about.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 11, 2021

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've got this scene in my head that is so specific that I can't have just made it up but I can't place it. I think it's some deep childhood memory of a movie I saw.

It's a kids movie and the kids are trapped by some mobsters and one of the kids is like "I feel sorry for you Don Tony because you don't have any friends".

Then the mobster boss says "I gotta lotsa friends" and he looks around to all his men then say things like "Nah not me boss" "I ain't your friend Don Tony." "We're more like associates".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Some famous fucker whose brother died in a boating accident when he was a child. That's it. That's all I know. Maybe not even that famous. Maybe just a writer or something who knows

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Looking for a copy of The Holy Modal Rounders Bound To Lose documentary that came out around 2007.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Milo and POTUS posted:

Some famous fucker whose brother died in a boating accident when he was a child. That's it. That's all I know. Maybe not even that famous. Maybe just a writer or something who knows

Francis Ford Coppola's son/Roman and Sofia Coppola's brother Gian-Carlo was killed when he was 22 when his speedboat hit a towline between two other boats, is that it? https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1986/05/28/boat-cable-kills-directors-son/1688db20-d8a0-46bc-9a1f-4b99b93ff3b2/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Francis Ford Coppola's son/Roman and Sofia Coppola's brother Gian-Carlo was killed when he was 22 when his speedboat hit a towline between two other boats, is that it? https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1986/05/28/boat-cable-kills-directors-son/1688db20-d8a0-46bc-9a1f-4b99b93ff3b2/

No but that is metal as gently caress and super sad to boot

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm looking for a video that I saw on the internet one time that was an art project that consisted of pointing a camera at one stretch of freeway and then digitally editing it so that all the cars were grouped by color, so you'd have like thirty seconds of a flood of white cars and trucks, then another thirty seconds of grey, and black and all the way down to like three green cars.

I could have sworn I saw it on jalopnik, but I did a few searches there and came up with nothing useful.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy
I’m looking for some of the old Assassin things from newgrounds, specifically the one with Bob Saget where he says “ow! My groin!” And the one with Britney Spears where she says “that’s easy!” And “ahh! gently caress me!!”

I don’t even need the actual games, videos would be fine. I just need to hear those sound bites again!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I've got this scene in my head that is so specific that I can't have just made it up but I can't place it. I think it's some deep childhood memory of a movie I saw.

It's a kids movie and the kids are trapped by some mobsters and one of the kids is like "I feel sorry for you Don Tony because you don't have any friends".

Then the mobster boss says "I gotta lotsa friends" and he looks around to all his men then say things like "Nah not me boss" "I ain't your friend Don Tony." "We're more like associates".

I swear I've seen this too. It's not a bit from The Simpsons is it?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

~Coxy posted:

I swear I've seen this too. It's not a bit from The Simpsons is it?

I think the "more like associate's" line is from The Simpsons but the rest is from something else. I thought it might have been a Sesame Street movie and it was Big Bird saying it but the only movie he's in that fits the time line is Follow That Bird and none of the synopsis mention any gangsters.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHXxveJTJoE&t=120s
Perhaps?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Yes! That's it! Thank you. It's nothing like I remember it. I guess my brain added bits and pieces to it over the years.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Hearing beaker say nearly words has messed me up

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

EDIT: You!

Dell_Zincht posted:

Nobody is going to get this, but here goes:

A children's book about a young boy who decides to turn himself into a petrol pump as he is unhappy with his life. This slowly happens when he runs away from home, sticks 2 fingers in his ear, is made to swallow an abacus and more weird stuff. At the end his parents come along and pump petrol from him without knowing it is their son.

The abacus swallowing is part of his transformation into a real petrol pump as it forms his display. He also gets violently kicked in the shins by his first customer when he is unable to produce any petrol due to nerves.

I know this sounds like a fever dream and for years I was convinced I'd made it up, but thanks to this thread and DuckDuckGo, I found a goodreads thread where someone was asking about the exact same book.

It may have been part of a collection of short stories too as I don't remember the story being very long.

Gasoline Pump Boy book!!!!

Sorry if I've reposted this, but I told a friend about the book with the boy who turns into a gasoline pump. Friend sent me this today. I'll try to track down OP here, but if anyone else knows off top of head plz let them know.

Timestamped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsJmUHlAntw&t=435s

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 13, 2021

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I have this plastic glow-in-the-dark skull that I think I bought from Target years ago, and I want to buy some more for Halloween but for the life of me I can't seem to find them online. It's roughly life-sized, and what I am looking for specifically is that it is made out of translucent plastic so light can pass through it. I can find lots of opaque skulls out there but not this one. It's made of the same stuff glow-in-the-dark vampire teeth are made of for reference.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Early 90s cartoon. American military themed with mechanized armor suits with some sort of neural link. The season/series finale involves the main characters loading up their mech suits with bombs and commanding the suits to jump into a volcano to blow it up and thus stop an eruption (probably, it's been a long time). The main character's suit follows his command but responds over the neural link with a heartfelt goodbye that makes him realize the suit may have developed sentience.

There might be a "suiting up" montage that involves the pilot getting into the mech suit then a closeup of the suit jacking into a port in the back of the pilot's neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

DARPA posted:

Early 90s cartoon. American military themed with mechanized armor suits with some sort of neural link. The season/series finale involves the main characters loading up their mech suits with bombs and commanding the suits to jump into a volcano to blow it up and thus stop an eruption (probably, it's been a long time). The main character's suit follows his command but responds over the neural link with a heartfelt goodbye that makes him realize the suit may have developed sentience.

There might be a "suiting up" montage that involves the pilot getting into the mech suit then a closeup of the suit jacking into a port in the back of the pilot's neck.

You are definitely thinking about Exosquad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwAU1g92OjA