Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Why is everyone so obsessed with going to Disney in 2021?

We're obsessed with symptoms and not the causes, if everything looks normal (disney vacations, football full) then things must be normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Does Disney serve alcohol? Can you get drunk and stagger around the park?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

bedpan posted:

there's one super secret bar for the uber rich

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Google Butt posted:

lol wtf is wrong with u dawg, you don't know if the mrna vaccine is better than getting covid?? log off immediately

yr talking to a man who looks in the trash cans at dog parks for snacks

mystes
May 31, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'll bet all the poo poo they army has been injecting into recruits for decades has some interesting long term effects we will never get to know about

And you never hear chuds bitching about that
My parents fondly recall stories of just getting jabbed full of whatever when they joined the marines in the 80s
and getting voluntarily gassed with poo poo

but they won't get the covid shot
I bet agent orange kills covid in vitro

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

actionjackson posted:

i just signed up for a pfizer booster, I did use my real name but I have a pretty common one, gave my phone # and a yahoo email that I never really use. My plan is to not bring any id and say I don't have insurance. This is at a walgreens. what should I do for the home address? use a fake one?

okay I'm thinking about this some more, maybe I shouldn't have given ANY real info, can't that be linked to my previous vaccinations? I work for a large hospital and clinic organization and I can't risk the slightest chance that they find out

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

go back to Twitter scchornk

Apr 7, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'll bet all the poo poo they army has been injecting into recruits for decades has some interesting long term effects we will never get to know about

And you never hear chuds bitching about that
My parents fondly recall stories of just getting jabbed full of whatever when they joined the marines in the 80s
and getting voluntarily gassed with poo poo

but they won't get the covid shot

My dad was in the military and super anti-vax and would go out of his way to try to avoid getting vaccinations before deploying.

He also tried to treat a brain tumor with colloidal silver and died at 46 so lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Google Butt posted:

go back to Twitter scchornk

ur having a hard time with reading comprehension again probably should stop drinking at 8am

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Iron Crowned posted:

Why are people so obsessed with spending thousands of dollars to stand in line for like 7 days straight or whatever? I can't stand the idea of that before a pandemic

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Schnorkles posted:

we've also cytokined stormed the entire phase 1 cohort and killed everyone.

Which one was that? I know of the anti-CD28 antibody that put all of the volunteers into horrific cytokine storm, but they all eventually survived.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

actionjackson posted:

okay I'm thinking about this some more, maybe I shouldn't have given ANY real info, can't that be linked to my previous vaccinations? I work for a large hospital and clinic organization and I can't risk the slightest chance that they find out

the boosters are approved for the immunocompromised and I think HIPAA would cover your org from knowing if you really are

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

ur having a hard time with reading comprehension again probably should stop drinking at 8am

look just shut the gently caress up and get your booster shots

and stay away from each other

bing bong so simple

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

there's one super secret bar for the uber rich

gently caress. of course

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

lil poopendorfer posted:

long term, like 2-3+ years?

there's a reason vaccines have a formal Phase IV in most cases.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Schnorkles posted:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My dad was in the military and super anti-vax and would go out of his way to try to avoid getting vaccinations before deploying.

He also tried to treat a brain tumor with colloidal silver and died at 46 so lol

my uncle tried to do something like this except it was melanoma

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

bedpan posted:

that used to be Busch Gardens thing until InBev bought Budweiser.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Iron Crowned posted:

Because there were a few months where they weren't allowed to go.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

ya, thats what I was thinking. I know its dumb as poo poo to ask internet strangers for health advice, but its not like the government is providing any clarity here

Third dose of Pfizer shows a substantial amount of neutralizing antibodies against Delta after one month, and they should be coming out with 3-month data soon. It's presumed the third dose will confer long term protection. Safe play is to wait to hear about 3rd dose antibodies waning (whenever that is) from either Israel or Pfizer, and to get the 4th shot at that time.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Why are people so obsessed with spending thousands of dollars to stand in line for like 7 days straight or whatever? I can't stand the idea of that before a pandemic

Disney/Marvel has a drat near cultish hold on folks in my social circle in ways that I will never understand
Like sure I watched Aladdin and Toy Story growing up but gently caress going to those parks and buying all those funko men what is that even

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
schnorkles do not be the second meltdown today

get your booster shot

dont gently caress around with covid, stay away

dont do maths or matrix numbers look at airflow and poll your chances or whatever, just stay away

its that simple

shot, stay away

shot, stay away

open biden

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

there's a reason vaccines have a formal Phase IV in most cases.

Can you tell us some cool stories tho

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That sounds all too familiar.
Thankfully, despite being pack a day smokers, my parents have avoided the worst of what you'd expect that to do to a person

But what little respect their ardent Trump support left unwithered in me their anti-science QANON poo poo has surely finished off

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Lastgirl posted:

schnorkles do not be the second meltdown today

get your booster shot

dont gently caress around with covid, stay away

dont do maths or matrix numbers look at airflow and poll your chances or whatever, just stay away

its that simple

shot, stay away

shot, stay away

open biden

He's in pharma and is saying people shouldn't get a FOURTH dose 1 month after a pirate third at an unstudied interval and is telling stories of botched drugs. The guy's def vaxxed.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Don't kill children don't run them over
let them live their lives and then they'll grow older

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lil poopendorfer posted:

the boosters are approved for the immunocompromised and I think HIPAA would cover your org from knowing if you really are

okay here's what I'm concerned about

if I do this, and then later my work offers boosters, will they know that I already did a booster elsewhere? Because if I was actually immunocompromised I could just do it through my work.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

poll plane variant posted:

Can you tell us some cool stories tho

most of my cool (read: horrifying) stories are from IO, which is a sort of similar field but much more space cowboy.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

poll plane variant posted:

He's in pharma and is saying people shouldn't get a FOURTH dose 1 month after a pirate third at an unstudied interval and is telling stories of botched drugs. The guy's def vaxxed.

but i was told he eats dog poop? :confused:

Serf
May 5, 2011

if the moderna juice turns me into an i am legend vampire in 10 years that's honestly an upgrade and better than getting cheese lung and dying

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

most of my cool (read: horrifying) stories are from IO, which is a sort of similar field but much more space cowboy.

That poo poo seems like a huge money maker and insanely dangerous and I'm always interested to hear about it. Cancer drugs are monetizing rot bigly since cancer is sky high for lifestyle and environmental reasons in the first place

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

yeah I'm only ~3 months out from maturation of my second pfizer dose anyways. Likely speaking the booster window is somewhere between 4-6 months and there should be enough time for formal recommendations from people much smarter than me. :shrug:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

but i was told he eats dog poop? :confused:

that is the real vaccine. shhh

Apr 7, 2003

bedpan posted:

my uncle tried to do something like this except it was melanoma

There was an old (1930s?) book called Back to Eden about natural diets curing all ills that got popular again with hippies in the sixties and seventies and it hosed up so many boomer brains

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

The concern both with boosters, kids vaccines, mRNA in general is that we have no idea what the long-term side effects of them look like. Compounds melting your organs at the time of injection is only a very small piece of what we worry about.

It's part of what makes me nervous about people itt getting as many jabs as they want. We do not know that its safe, at all. Is it safer than getting COVID? Idk.

Fair enough. Last summer there was a lot of discussion about the foolishness of pursuing just mRNA vaccines in the US, using the population as guinea pigs for a relatively novel vaccine technology. The widespread death an disease last fall+winter seemed to kill of those concerns in the broader public, but it's good researchers are still thinking about it. Though if we're going down this path the long-term impacts of COVID are similarly unknown, still going to bet the virus that purposefully screws up immune systems to infect asymptomatically will be worse.

Still not great that the more established technologies under-delivered, AZ+JJ with the clot and production issues, Novavax apparently falling off the edge of earth. Apparently JJ aren't even trialing a pediatric vaccine at this time, embarrassing. Also can't get the Chinese inactivated virus vaccine due to geopolitics and not producing it in the west because ???

Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

yeah I'm only ~3 months out from maturation of my second pfizer dose anyways. Likely speaking the booster window is somewhere between 4-6 months and there should be enough time for formal recommendations from people much smarter than me. :shrug:

I got my second moderna dose in February and I'm over six months out at this point

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

formal recommendations from people much smarter than me. :shrug:

yeah we've def gotten a lot of those in this country

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nocturtle posted:

Fair enough. Last summer there was a lot of discussion about the foolishness of pursuing just mRNA vaccines in the US, using the population as guinea pigs for a relatively novel vaccine technology. The widespread death an disease last fall+winter seemed to kill of those concerns in the broader public, but it's good researchers are still thinking about it. Though if we're going down this path the long-term impacts of COVID are similarly unknown, still going to bet the virus that purposefully screws up immune systems to infect asymptomatically will be worse.

Still not great that the more established technologies under-delivered, AZ+JJ with the clot and production issues, Novavax apparently falling off the edge of earth. Apparently JJ aren't even trialing a pediatric vaccine at this time, embarrassing. Also can't get the Chinese inactivated virus vaccine due to geopolitics and not producing it in the west because ???

realistically its a lovely situation all around!

you'll note that one of the things they're trying to figure out right now with mRNA is whether or not its a booster or just a 3-shot regime. There are plenty of both.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

It's the 50th anniversary celebration of Disneyworld opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

WampaLord posted:

yeah we've def gotten a lot of those in this country

the agencies don't move on pandemic timetables, which is why it was always foolish to assume CDC would be prepared for this.