Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

McNugget Buddy posted:

lol what

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1437402877564268548

One dose doesn't do poo poo, what are they doing

Arent they doing absolutely nothing to stop spread? I guess they are assuming most kids have gotten 1 dose of spike protein via infection at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao

:sad:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Nothus posted:

So my wife's condition has quickly deteriorated. She went from perfectly healthy to having no platelets (thrombocytopenia) and has progressed to aplastic anemia over the course of a week and the doctor is talking stem cell transplant now. There's no way to definitively tie this to covid (she tested positive for nucleocapsid antibodies but neither of us felt sick), but I have my suspicions otherwise this is totally idiopathic.

Listening to idiots blithely talk about rolling the dice with covid now makes me angry in a way that's hard to articulate.
loving hell sorry you're going through that
hope everything works out

and yeah, mad rage at people treating covid like the flu

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pillsburysoldier posted:

Arent they doing absolutely nothing to stop spread? I guess they are assuming most kids have gotten 1 dose of spike protein via infection at this point

https://twitter.com/LawrenceGilder/status/1437442491037409287

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

rah trying to steal bonghitz's job

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Paradoxish posted:

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1435267631477497856

uh oh!

I'm wondering whether our plateau is going to be even higher this time around. "Endemic" COVID in the US sure looks a lot like death stalking every street corner.

Florida, Louisiana hitting that short term dip now, but with fall sports and out of control school spread: lmao. Still a poo poo load of bodies to burn through and any indication of “improvement” is only going to embolden people.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i am so ready for that moderna flu/rsv/covid triple threat shot

did exactly one thing with 4 vaccinated people this year and got RSV and it sucked lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

congrats on Hawaii for beginning the decolonization process

now fire the rest of them

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

McNugget Buddy posted:

Do it now, beat the crowds

lol what crowds

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Twigand Berries posted:

How accurate is the binax in threads opinion?
there was some study someone posted, depending on how you administer it, can be as good as 94%, as bad as 40% or something like that?

i can't find the post but here's this study,

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD013705.pub2/full

Authors' conclusions
Antigen tests vary in sensitivity.

here's an article talking about that study, https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2021/08/28/are-home-covid-tests-accurate/

How accurate and reliable are at-home tests?
Some tests “work better than others,” said Albert Ko, chair of the epidemiology and microbial diseases department at the Yale School of Public Health. Accuracy depends, in part, on test sensitivity and specificity, Ko said. Test sensitivity is how well it can identify individuals infected with the coronavirus. Test specificity refers to the likelihood of getting a false positive result.

In general, antigen tests are less sensitive than molecular tests. A scientific review published by the Cochrane Library found that in people with confirmed covid-19, antigen tests correctly identified infections in an average of 72 percent of people with symptoms, compared with 58 percent of infected people without symptoms. (The review included tests that aren’t currently FDA authorized.)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
sounds like Praying Medic won't be the only Q chud to fall lmao

https://twitter.com/the_cancel_mob/status/1437458168636977162

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

With Halloween coming up they should rebrand them to BOO!sters

Holy poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sorry Rah! but this is a union shop and the reposting of old posts is demarcated to Bonghitz alone, if you want to do so you'll need to reach out to them to become an authorized agent

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

pillsburysoldier posted:

'Don't worry, Timmy, everyone has a pacemaker and a lifelong subscription to anti-inflammatory heart medications these days!'

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

actionjackson posted:

i canceled this one and am going to start over and do the first shot thing

did you give your real address and phone?

can you just walk into cvs or walgreens? or do you have to do it online

i just walked in with no appt, gave all real info, said it was my first shot

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

actionjackson posted:

did you guys in the booster crew use fake data for everything? or just fake names
only real thing i used was my birthday because they always use that to confirm people and sure enough they did
-fake anime name
-real birthdate
-used the stores address and phone number
-put no other info down

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Testvan posted:

to those planning vacations: lol lmao

i just informed work that I'm taking vacation this week so I don't have to be there because no one is masking up and they ignored my original request to mask up.
For context I work at a homeless shelter and lmao gently caress yuouououuuuuU!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

When I started that dumb gimmick it was stadiums, and when we ran out of stadiums I switched to cities. We started so far down the list, MSA didn't really matter.

I can switch to MSAs though, was trying to be consistent.

:trumppop:

its all good but that would be cool

i was just whining because someone thought boston only had 600,000 people....which it does...but also it doesn't . this is very important :qq:

anyways, :d2a:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I'm also on a 3 day drunk and may take a nap.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Sorry Rah! but this is a union shop and the reposting of old posts is demarcated to Bonghitz alone, if you want to do so you'll need to reach out to them to become an authorized agent

time is fake those posts are new

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Are people so gung ho about sending kids to school because they're treating it like dumbasses intentionally getting their kids infected with chicken pox? Lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:smith: I wouldn't. If it were up to me, the parks would be closed. It's insane to go to them right now.

Are you a member of a park gang?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Louisgod posted:

it's pretty funny to watch liberals treat covid like the flu but expect completely different results.

Their won't be any hospital beds available when the flu really takes off so expect the flu to kill a ton of people this year.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Mr. Pizza posted:

he will be cured

Well that and him drinking creek water every time we go hunting will probably cure him. Gotta love that fresh clear country creek, with dairy farms upstream

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Iverron posted:

Florida, Louisiana hitting that short term dip now, but with fall sports and out of control school spread: lmao. Still a poo poo load of bodies to burn through and any indication of “improvement” is only going to embolden people.

we're gonna get trapped in a cycle of "cases looking low, time to suck and gently caress!" and "oh poo poo, cases look high, time to be careful again!"

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hatebag posted:

Are people so gung ho about sending kids to school because they're treating it like dumbasses intentionally getting their kids infected with chicken pox? Lol

u dont get it lil timmy is such a terror i just want 2 do my pilates in peace its just the flu

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

actionjackson posted:

did you guys in the booster crew use fake data for everything? or just fake names

sup mn buddy? told them it was my first dose but gave them truthful information beyond that. also made sure to get a booster from a different place than the initial 2 shots, too.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hatebag posted:

i'm sure a huge chunk of parents probably think this

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

WampaLord posted:

i just walked in with no appt, gave all real info, said it was my first shot

Your state probably does have it in a database somewhere, it just isn't connected in real time and who even knows how it would attempt to reconcile somebody showing up a second time anyway. It might overwrite your old data or just start a new record. Either way the pharmacy isn't gonna be aware of it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WampaLord posted:

we're gonna get trapped in a cycle of "cases looking low, time to suck and gently caress!" and "oh poo poo, cases look high, time to be careful again!"

It's cool how all the brain-poisoned extroverts made sure we'll never lockdown again because we could honestly probably manage a rolling series of locking down for like 14 days every 4 weeks without too much impact on the economy/society/schools and that would be enough to mitigate the worst spikes

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thoguh posted:

Your state probably does have it in a database somewhere, it just isn't connected in real time and who even knows how it would attempt to reconcile somebody showing up a second time anyway. It might overwrite your old data or just start a new record. Either way the pharmacy isn't gonna be aware of it.

i live in florida so honestly i think the first sentence's claim is highly suspect

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Rah! posted:

u dont get it lil timmy is such a terror i just want 2 do my pilates in peace its just the flu

Once lil timmy has permanent lung damage he won't be able to run or scream so much anymore. Foolproof plan

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao sure why not
might as well do another area 51 raid while they're at it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WampaLord posted:

When it's low, there's no better time to be suckin and fuckin

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/new...?ocid=bingcovid

any Jim Breuer fans in the house?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rah! posted:

time is fake those posts are new

you REALLY don't want to cross swords with the Chronomancer's Guild

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
As far as cresting goes I will say that hospitalizations in my area have somehow stayed pretty steady for almost a month now at high but not overwhelming levels even though cases have continued to go up that whole time. We did kinda plateau last week on new cases but that appears to be an artifact of Labor Day influencing testing.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

COVID CURES POLICE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Talking about rapid tests, I found the official EU list:
https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/default/files/preparedness_response/docs/covid-19_rat_common-list_en.pdf
There's a shitton so how did the US screw up its supply so bad?