Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

quake 1. awesome. did not expect it to be THAT good. final boss was messy lol but what a great game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

wario would cheat

wario is a rube

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

and yet you play HIS game :jj:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations. Extremely good. Each case had some really neat twist to it, the characters were fun, the game was funny, and I liked that the cases were mostly interconnected, either with each other or with cases in previous games. I wasn't really a fan of Godot for the most part but the showdown with him in the last case was incredible and the sequence in that case where you play as Edgeworth, face off against Franziska in court, then have Franziska follow you on your investigation afterward was probably one of my favorite parts in the series. I was planning on getting The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles after beating this but I think I'm going to go through the rest of the series first and pick up Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, then do TGAA after finishing Spirit of Justice. At first I wasn't sure about starting over with a new cast but the ending of this game was such a perfect wrap-up for the existing cast that I can see why they decided to move on to a new protagonist (although I think they bring Phoenix back at some point, if the game's covers are to be believed?)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

godot's theme is so fuckin good though. all the music in t&t kicks rear end tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcyKEZtWuE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk0ro9W4rgU

also the jazz remixes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaLhPCvcezY

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Apollo Justice is the nadir of the series in my opinion, but it's still worth playing, and definitely play the Edgeworth spin off games (the second Edgeworth game was not localized but there is a fan translation).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ive still gotta finish aai2.

Also having franziska follow you around ruled. Her dynamic with phoenix and the feys is great. I want it to happen again...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the main problem with apollo justice is pheonix's stupid character and arc. and the big plot reveal is EXttra stupid

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh yeah and zooming in on armpit sweat

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I hated watching the video over and over in the lamiroir case

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the lmiroir case is the worst one in the whole series no question

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

I hated watching the video over and over in the lamiroir case

Yeah that was annoying as hell. Klavier was cool tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

how many final cases involve clowns/circuses. trick question! its all ofthem

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

how many final cases involve clowns/circuses. trick question! its all ofthem

*Burp* I turned myself into a circus case Morty! I'm Turnabout Rick!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
all the games after the original trilogy are hit and miss except edgeworth 2 which is a must play and the only one that stands up there with the first 3 games

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love AA6

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i liked dual destinies. wasnt as good as the originals but still pretty good. need to go back and play spirit of justice too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

is aa6 the one in tibet or the one at the famous los angeles space launch site

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

is aa6 the one in tibet or the one at the famous los angeles space launch site

tibet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SoJ has a great case mechanic with the memory pools. sick game

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I love all the Ace Attorney games, but have to agree that the quality is hit or miss past the original trilogy. Except for The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Ace Attorney Investigations 2, and Spirit of Justice. Those games rule.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Psychonauts - Rank 101

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Final Fantasy X

My first time playing it and it's definitely one of my top FFs

Moving right on to X-2 next

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
WarioWare: Get It Together!

story mode is obviously short as always so wasnt too bad, played coop with my gf. I'll probably try for 100%. The wario cup thing looks like it has some promise

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Finished up Lake this morning. Cute little indie game. It's one of the walking-simulator story games where you play as a woman who takes a couple weeks from her job in some big city to house-sit for her vacationing parents in a small rural Oregon town in the mid-80s, and takes over her dad's mailman job while he's away. As you drive around delivering packages you talk to the townsfolk and through your dialogue choices get to know them and go through their storylines etc. It's very pleasant, there's no time limit or anything so you just cruise around in your mail truck and talk to whoever you want to talk to. Once you finish your deliveries the day ends and you do some kind of story event with the townies, rinse and repeat until the two weeks are up. The visuals for the scenery are really great and the music, both the licensed stuff on the radio and the ambient bg music if you turn the radio off, is nice music that really complements the relaxing tone of the game. Excellent autumn feels. If you like walking-simulator story games I'd really recommend this one, but if you don't this won't be the one to change your mind probably. In my ending I chose not to return to the big city or stay in Providence Oaks and instead took the RV and left town with the video rental store girl with no destination in mind

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 14, 2021

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

warioware: get it together. games super chatming and fun and the multiplayer modes are sick.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yakuza: like a dragon. loving great game. the gameplay needs a bit of tightening up in the sequel but the writing is so fuckin good and kasuga rules. amazing game

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Warioware: Get It Together - co-op

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Judgment. My first replay of an RGG game. All friendship events, all substories except for the Amon fight because he made me QQ too much. It's definitely one of my favorites, I'd probably rank it 4th, just below Kiwami 2. It has some things that drag it down, mortal wounds and the Keihin Gang thing are just terrible mechanics, the two main new activities (dice and cube VR and drone racing) are both pretty lame, which especially sucks since dice and cube is the only real way to earn money, and the substories (with some exceptions) aren't really up to the rest of the series' standards. But it more than makes up for these with some of the best combat in the series, a great main story with a cool mystery and lots of twists, and a lot of cool new characters. I'm really excited for Lost Judgment in a week, especially since it sounds like it fixes my biggest issues with this one.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Quake - Scourge of Armagon. it was more quake, and it was great. probably liked it better than the main campaign, brand new weapons and powerups were a really nice bonus.

thankfully made very little use of the fast exploding tar ball guys

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): All Endings
15. It Takes Two
16. Resident Evil Village - Standard, all collectibles, all outhouses, all goats.
17. Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests
18. Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests, All Friends Survived.
19. Mass Effect 3 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian (faithful), All Side Quests, Dance Party, Synthesis
20. FFXIV: Heavensward
21. FFXIV: Stormblood
22. Deathloop

Really awesome experience. In terms of style/presentation it is easily one of the coolest games I've ever played. It has the same problem Prey does where after the second+ time back tracking through an area you sort of lose interest in doing any sort of neat stealth/power approach and just run/gun through everything. Similarly you get a bunch of powers and upgrades but you never really need to interact with any of them because the AI sucks and all the enemies die to one stealth headshot. It feels stupid to say because the loop poo poo is the entire point of the game but I kind of wish they just kept everything about the world and built a more traditional mission based Deus Ex/Dishonored style game in it lol.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)
7. Truxton II (1-ALL, 1CC) - video
8. Bonk's Adventure (NES)
9. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (NES, no death)
10. Persona 4 (Normal ending)
11. Castlevania (NES, 1-ALL, no death, game over at 2-4) - video
12. Yakuza Kiwami
13. Super Mario Galaxy (3D All-Stars version, 120 stars)
14. Suikoden
15. Donpachi (Japan, 1-ALL, dead at 2-2) - video
16. Super Metroid (Control Freak hack, 4:00, 60%, saved the animals)
17. Doom (E1, E2 on UV, E3 on HMP, no mid-level saving, pistol start on death)
18. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
19. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
20. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All
21. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations

Wow. Last case is easily the best case in the whole trilogy... everything tied together so nicely. don't really know what to do now. Incredible. EVeryone please play the ace attorney trilogy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i love godot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

i love godot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

The only time a lawyer can cry is when it’s all over.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)
7. Truxton II (1-ALL, 1CC) - video
8. Bonk's Adventure (NES)
9. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (NES, no death)
10. Persona 4 (Normal ending)
11. Castlevania (NES, 1-ALL, no death, game over at 2-4) - video
12. Yakuza Kiwami
13. Super Mario Galaxy (3D All-Stars version, 120 stars)
14. Suikoden
15. Donpachi (Japan, 1-ALL, dead at 2-2) - video
16. Super Metroid (Control Freak hack, 4:00, 60%, saved the animals)
17. Doom (E1, E2 on UV, E3 on HMP, no mid-level saving, pistol start on death)
18. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
19. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
20. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All
21. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
22. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch)

its good it just has really slippery controls and bad input lag and an annoying control scheme and obnoxiously long padded boss fights. also the world themes arent unique enough and the soundtrack is boring. but its fine

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mycophobia posted:

22. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch)

its good it just has really slippery controls and bad input lag and an annoying control scheme and obnoxiously long padded boss fights. also the world themes arent unique enough and the soundtrack is boring. but its fine

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

33. Hollow Knight. 69% Completion ( :D :D :D :D ) I think I got a bad end. Epic game. I didnt even visit two areas before fighting the final boss somehow, and was still missing traversal upgrades and untold other secrets to learn about. i wonder what game these devs are gonna make next.