Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
edit: never mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM: Masato Tanaka vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima. N-1 Victory Night 1, September 12 2021.

Athletic, violent, competitive match between one of Noah's best and a living legend.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH N-1 Victory Night 1 September 12th
HM
Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka and Yuya Susumu) (c) vs Momo no Seishun (Hajime Ohara and Atsushi Kotoge) - GHC Jr Tag Championships
- Noah's juniors continue to be pretty drat good now they've stopped betraying each other at the drop of a hat (at least for the last few months). Looking forward to the Eita defence next, even if it means he's teaming with NOSAWA

Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masato Tanaka
- Considering the career Tanaka has had, it remains incredible that not only is he alive and mobile, but he's in great shape and is still able to put on great matches. Also Katsu was great in his role, which is to kick you real hard until you stop moving

Good card, Kitamiya and Fujita hit each other hard and Kenoh/Kashin had fun parts even if it ran too long. Mutoh forced Sugiura to work his type of match which I didn't enjoy, but if you like the oldest wrestler on Earth then you'll enjoy that

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Sep 12, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH N-1 Victory Night 1 September 12th
HM
Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka and Yuya Susumu) (c) vs Momo no Seishun (Hajime Ohara and Atsushi Kotoge) - GHC Jr Tag Championships
- Noah's juniors continue to be pretty drat good now they've stopped betraying each other at the drop of a hat (at least for the last few months). Looking forward to the Eita defence next, even if it means he's teaming with NOSAWA

Nth.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Tenjin Wars September 12th
MOTYC
Shinya Aoki (c) vs Kazuki Hirata - DDT Extreme Title
- I was laughing the entire way through this. The gimmick is that Aoki has to wrestle down to Hirata's level. Two judges are at ringside to judge and stop Aoki if he were to do anything Un-Hirata-like. This includes things like going for leg submissions because Hirata doesn't know any, using kicks to knock down your opponent (Hirata's kicks are too weak to do that), or even going for the win after an effective move (because Hirata would instead grandstand and start dancing). Also, to get into the mood, Aoki comes out using Hirata's gear and music. This was incredible, if you like either of these guys' comedy absolutely check this out, and also check Haku's twitter for live translations as to why each infraction was deemed Un-Hirata-like

HM
Antonio Honda, Toru Owashi and Sanshiro Takagi vs YOSHIHIKO, Mecha Mummy and Pokotan
- This has to be seen to be believed, absolutely ridiculous fun

Saki Akai vs Yuna Manase
- This was great, Yuna in serious mode results in a real hard fought battle. Saki was also great as the dominant competitor, it's rare to see her in this position in DDT so it was fun to see.

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 12, 2021

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM
41-Man Battle Riot Match, MLW Battle Riot III, 7/10

First time watching anything by MLW. Felt this was an excellent rumble-style match, lots of people got plenty of time, introducing me to a ton of talent I’d never seen before, ton of fun spots, overall made me want to watch more MLW which makes it a real good match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
4th September
NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam In MetLife Dome Night 1
Jeff Cobb vs Kazuchika Okada

Critiques are obvious. Match is too long. Even by clap crowd standards they really aren't good for half this match. But Cobb got to cool strong man poo poo. Right on the border of HM tbh, but the brainbuster on the floor after catching the crossbody is enough, definitely a bit below their July meeting. Meltzer gave this 4.75* & I'm chuckling.

HM
4th September
NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam In MetLife Dome Night 1
IWGP US Heavyweight Title
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kota Ibushi

Bit disappointing tbh, considering who was involved. Unless you're DDT empty stadium shows are a lovely idea

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Tenjin Wars September 12th
MOTYC
Shinya Aoki (c) vs Kazuki Hirata - DDT Extreme Title
- I was laughing the entire way through this. The gimmick is that Aoki has to wrestle down to Hirata's level. Two judges are at ringside to judge and stop Aoki if he were to do anything Un-Hirata-like. This includes things like going for leg submissions because Hirata doesn't know any, using kicks to knock down your opponent (Hirata's kicks are too weak to do that), or even going for the win after an effective move (because Hirata would instead grandstand and start dancing). Also, to get into the mood, Aoki comes out using Hirata's gear and music. This was incredible, if you like either of these guys' comedy absolutely check this out, and also check Haku's twitter for live translations as to why each infraction was deemed Un-Hirata-like

HM
Antonio Honda, Toru Owashi and Sanshiro Takagi vs YOSHIHIKO, Mecha Mummy and Pokotan
- This has to be seen to be believed, absolutely ridiculous fun

Saki Akai vs Yuna Manase
- This was great, Yuna in serious mode results in a real hard fought battle. Saki was also great as the dominant competitor, it's rare to see her in this position in DDT so it was fun to see.

Nth. Aoki is a sight to behold.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

a cyborg mug posted:

HM
41-Man Battle Riot Match, MLW Battle Riot III, 7/10

First time watching anything by MLW. Felt this was an excellent rumble-style match, lots of people got plenty of time, introducing me to a ton of talent I’d never seen before, ton of fun spots, overall made me want to watch more MLW which makes it a real good match.

I thought it was a bit odd how they completely packed the ring in the first half instead of steady eliminations, but yeah, it was fun. I think I rated it already back when it happened, but Nth in case I didn't.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

I thought it was a bit odd how they completely packed the ring in the first half instead of steady eliminations, but yeah, it was fun. I think I rated it already back when it happened, but Nth in case I didn't.

Looks like no one did!

If anyone feels like chilling about an hour or so watching a good rumble, it's up on their YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO2wznPGsM8 Starts at the 22-minute mark.

edit: I believe it's still their most current content that's out there. Might tune in when they return!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Sep 13, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Andrade "El Idolo" vs PAC AEW Rampage 10.09

Finish hurt it.

2nd this

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
14th February
IAW Indy Army Wrestling
IAW Title
Latigo vs Jimmy

Latigo was trained at the IWRG gym by Black Terry but you'll most likely have seen him in AAA; he was in the MOTYC 5 way with Hijo del Vikingo, Abismo Negro Jr, Aramis & Villano III Jr which you should really watch. He's the champ in the mask.
Jimmy is from DTU and can be found all over Mexico's indies but his highest profile spot was several tours in Dragon Gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl3NGLG6yYg

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
1st May
AAA Rey de Reyes
AAA World Cruiserweight Title #1 Contendership
Dinastia vs Arez vs Latigo vs Toxin vs Aramis

It's a bit of a clusterfuck multiman spotfest and there's all the critiques of those like guys just laying on the floor outside but the spots are real cool, Arez & Latigo in particular have some dope double teams, there's a cool solo Spanish Fly onto a pile of bodies outside the ring, it's just oodles of fun.
https://youtu.be/BTUpU8yK7hs

HM
25th June
CMLL
Torneo Increible Parejas 2021 Final
Caristico & Virus vs Templario & Volador Jr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T1EyztfNnQ&t=3789s

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Andrade El Idolo vs. PAC, AEW Rampage, 10/09
HM: Britt Baker/Reba/Jamie Hayter vs. Ruby Soho/Kris Statlander/Riho, AEW Rampage, 10/09

Nth, quite good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Princess Cup 8 Night 7 August 15th
HM
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki), Pom Harajuku and Nao Kakuta vs Aja Kong, Marika Kobashi, Rika Tatsumi and Raku
- Kong must have so much fun doing guest spots here

Maki Itoh vs Shoko Nakajima
- First 15 minutes were solid if uninspiring, but really picked up after the duelling forearms and had a really good ending, though not at the level of the two semis yesterday

2nd these

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Lee Moriarty

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

Hell yeah, Nth, that match was great.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

Yep

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

Nth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dark Elevation 9/13
HM: Emi Sakura vs Queen Aminata
HM: Lee Moriarty vs Daniel Garcia

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

Yes, nth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

:yeah:

Would probably have been a MOTYC if it had some story and build behind it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

Nth, and they've got a MOTYC in them when given time and a story.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

Nth

Queen Aminata rules, she was great when she came out here for Marvelous and between her, Nyla and Masha Slamovich AEW has a good collection of Chigusa's girls coming in

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

Yeah

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ChocoPro 154: Masa Takanashi 18th Anniversary Show 9/14

HM: Masa Takanashi vs. Choun Shiryu in a China New Beijing Style Complete Settlement Rules No Time Limit match

ChocoPro No DQ/Falls Count Anywhere matches are usually wild and this was no exception.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Dragon Gate - Storm Gate @ EDION Arena, Osaka - 9.11.21

HM: YAMATO & Ben-K vs Kota Minoura & Jason Lee

-I really like how they're presenting the YAMATO/Minoura feud. These four couldn't have a bad match if they tried.

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship (vacant): Keisuke Okuda vs SB KENTo

-The feud between these two was absolutely boiling over the last 6 weeks. Lots of brawling and submission attempt reversals, with both getting visual pins over each other before the finish. I wish this had a bigger crowd, and one that could cheer, but this ruled anyway.

Both these matches kicked rear end. Kento is the exact right opponent for Okuda, in that he's willing to get hit real hard. Minoura rocked YAMATO with an elbow strike that made me shout out loud. Cool-rear end poo poo.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 14, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
5th September
NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam In MetLife Dome Night 2
IWGP Tag Team Titles
Taichi & ZSJ vs Tetsuya Naito & SANADA vs Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI

Kind of dreaded this going in, a 3 way Heavyweight Tag? In this NJPW? Pleasantly surprised though. Just don't ask me what happened apart from Taichi flexing his pecs in SANADA's face though

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark 9/14

HM: Orange Cassidy, Chuck Taylor, Wheeler YUTA vs. Jora Johl & TH2 (Jack Evans & Angelico)
HM: Leyla Hirsch vs. Kilynn King

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
5th September
NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam In MetLife Dome Night 2
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title
Robbie Eagles vs Hiromu Takahashi

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 9/14

HM: Orange Cassidy, Chuck Taylor, Wheeler YUTA vs. Jora Johl & TH2 (Jack Evans & Angelico)

nth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 9/14

nth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 9/14

:yeah:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

fez_machine posted:

ChocoPro 154: Masa Takanashi 18th Anniversary Show 9/14

HM: Masa Takanashi vs. Choun Shiryu in a China New Beijing Style Complete Settlement Rules No Time Limit match

ChocoPro No DQ/Falls Count Anywhere matches are usually wild and this was no exception.

nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Adam Cole vs. Frankie Kazarian, AEW Dynamite 9/15

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
20th August
ROH Glory By Honor 2021 Night 1
La Faccion Ingobernable (Dragon Lee, Kenny King, La Bestia Del Ring & Rush) vs VLNCE UNLTD (Brody King, Chris Dickinson, Homicide & Tony Deppen)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: FTR vs. Dante Martin & Matt Sydal, Dynamite 9/15

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Jade Cargill vs. Leyla Hirsch - AEW Dynamite 9/15

I think they put this match together really drat well, both women came out of it looking great but dammit I wanted Legit Leyla to win :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Adam Cole vs. Frankie Kazarian, AEW Dynamite 9/15

nth