Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

in today's Blueberry: Blueberry does some unauthorized D.I.Y., or Not quite lighting the beacons of Gondor, but it'll suffice, or And that's why there are laws against drinking on the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Vater und Sohn: That was fun, again! (1935/36)

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Rae the Doe updated!

I don't get the joke!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The joy on Aleta's face! And specifically because she sees Katwin! :3:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

riderchop posted:

Rae the Doe updated!

I don't get the joke!

The joke is supposed to be abstract art/abs tracked, but clearly the first panel is impressionist rather than abstract (although it does have the abs).

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Haifisch posted:

Origins of the Sunday Comics

drat. "sneezing for the honor of women, sort of" would be a ballers thread title if we didn't just have a change.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Muffins!

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

"Other parents managed—better parents than you, June."

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Technowolf posted:

The joke is supposed to be abstract art/abs tracked, but clearly the first panel is impressionist rather than abstract (although it does have the abs).

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Technowolf posted:

:tipshat:

i was hung up on saying ABS like an acronym

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

The tremendous clap of the free game really is that powerful; even as a jaded old-timer who usually knows when it's coming, it will make me flinch

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I just want to take a moment to call attention to that second panel. That's fantastic art.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

JethroMcB posted:

The tremendous clap of the free game really is that powerful; even as a jaded old-timer who usually knows when it's coming, it will make me flinch

I hate it, sounds like something just broke.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Would absolutely play that Mecha Moby Dock pinball machine.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I'm relieved to learned that Kevin's father is still alive, and presumably financially solvent enough to take his son and a friend to a pro wrestling match

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Williams, the Proust-reading fireman might be my favourite background character in the Bobbinsverse.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm relieved to learned that Kevin's father is still alive, and presumably financially solvent enough to take his son and a friend to a pro wrestling match

We've known he's alive. He left the house earlier in the comic. I don't think the comic has mentioned whether child support is being paid, and uncertain if he's making similar (or any) attempts to connect with his other three children.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

maltesh posted:

We've known he's alive. He left the house earlier in the comic. I don't think the comic has mentioned whether child support is being paid, and uncertain if he's making similar (or any) attempts to connect with his other three children.

If we want to look at this from a bummers perspective you could probably read into the mom pushing kevin to take his sister for more than just "PLEASE get along you two" reasons

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yeah I think it's just that their folks are separated. We know his mom is a nurse who has a second job as a waitress. According to the GoComics site, Kevin's dad does salvage and antiques work, specifically "Kurt collects unemployment and restores and sells unexploded WWII land mines". Personally I figured he was the kind of guy who goes to either work on an oil rig or a long-haul crab boat but that's my own spurious logic and finding/fixing/selling landmines is adequately dangerous for me. Bonus fun stuff from the site: describing Kevin's baby brother as "apparently a potato that has recently learn to move under its own power".

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Ah, clearly I spent way too much time combing the Patreon, which is a terrible place to read comics archives. Wound up hunting it down on Instagram, and taking the date to GoComics.

Here's the episode where we learn Kevin Dad's has left the house: Crabgrass October 20, 2020

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple: Clotted Crime Part 2 – Two Backs

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad Site
Steeple Website

"Money for old rope" = getting money for doing something easy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Comic Strips 2021: WHAT PRICE FIRE SAFETY

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The snipping tool on my new pc just doesn't work right some days, I guess. Sorry about these Far Sides.

The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Yeah, it would certainly be the worst ever if you dealt with an animal in a humane way.

Huh. I thought she wanted to room with Stef because she was hoping to steal Kip away. This is a much better reason.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! September 19, 1918

Outbursts of Everett True October 25, 1918

Gay and Her Gang October 25, 1929

Oaky Doaks March 27, 1936

Mopsy May 28, 1937

Up Front July 8, 1944

Dark Laughter August 21, 1948

“That ain’t no problem at all, Baby Doll. Next time that big, fat square, Bootsie come callin’ to see you, tell ‘im to scat. Tell ‘im now you are interested in quality … not quantity!”

Those Were the Days March 8, 1956

Wee Pals December 16, 1965

Dogbert May 12, 1966

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "256 - Jucika In The Library"

"csendet kérünk! = quiet please!"

"257 - Jucika's Going To A Ball"

"Jelmez kötelező = Costume is mandatory"

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Julet Esqu posted:

Yeah, it would certainly be the worst ever if you dealt with an animal in a humane way.

Huh. I thought she wanted to room with Stef because she was hoping to steal Kip away. This is a much better reason.

I had a roommate once who moved out halfway through the semester because she was basically living with her boyfriend anyway. It was great! I used her bed to store canvases for my painting class.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae the Doe is currently on a M-W-F schedule! No comic today!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmfao curtis didnt even stick around for him to catch covid

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics
If this really was supposed to be whispering, the comic sure doesn't mention it.

Locher Tracy

RE Crimestoppers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeplVT4qEZc

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Horrible trigger discipline, Narda!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Sep 14, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm back, and so's Hellworld!

Classic Kevin & Kell in: who's embezzling? (July 14-20, 2003)

K&K A/B/O rewrite when? (Never, hopefully.)

And once again, Kell solves the mystery with her superior deductive abilities.

Modern Kevin & Kell catch-up (September 10-14, 2021)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

This seems like a weird complaint unless she wants to date her friend and is worried that her friend will want to date Candace instead.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

This seems like a weird complaint unless she wants to date her friend and is worried that her friend will want to date Candace instead.

Sadly it pretty much tracks with what I remember being concerned with as a kid.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (December 18, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (December 18, 1999)

Garfield Classic (December 18, 1989)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 9/13/01

Brenda Starr 3/17-19/47

Smokey Stover 4/25/43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I haven't forgotten Judge Parker, I just fell behind on this thread. But now I'm caught up so it's time for March 2021.

Charlotte says she's seen April waving to her from across the street. Despite being too young to remember her, she does know what she looks like from the photos that Randy keeps on display specifically for that purpose.

No one else is really taking this seriously, even though April is a fugitive super-spy with access to the resources of her international arms-dealer father. Abbey, in particular, has her own problems.

But Alan does at least hire Sam to keep an eye out for April, in case she shows up.