Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/chapo-trap-house-virgil-texas-accused-of-grooming/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
oh virgil lol right

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Stevie Lee posted:

i never listened to a nanosecond of chapo trap house solely because of the cringy name, and hearing Felix be dumb and smug on true anon let me know that was the correct call. also the possible child predator guy... no thanks

:respek:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Stevie Lee posted:

i never listened to a nanosecond of chapo trap house solely because of the cringy name, and hearing Felix be dumb and smug on true anon let me know that was the correct call. also the possible child predator guy... no thanks

Hell yeah dude

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Relevant Tangent posted:

Not sure how it's different from Covid vaccine trutherism.

Really makes me want to puke the level of bootlicking on this so-called Left sub surrounding all things COVID-19. You posted this on the day I became a second class citizen in my hometown. Eat poo poo.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
God if only it were "trutherism" and loving "conspiracy" it would be less repulsive. Posting as if Australia doesn't exist or as if they are not exemplary. The total enclosure of civil rights - even for you vaccinated "good ones" - is a promise and you can see it there. Fascist idiots. Moronic Eichmanns.

Edit: How people can read this thread, believe its contents, and turn around and say "Just do as the government tells you, for everyone's good" is really and truly beyond me. It's a derangement and mania.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Perry Mason Jar posted:

God if only it were "trutherism" and loving "conspiracy" it would be less repulsive. Posting as if Australia doesn't exist or as if they are not exemplary. The total enclosure of civil rights - even for you vaccinated "good ones" - is a promise and you can see it there. Fascist idiots. Moronic Eichmanns.

Edit: How people can read this thread, believe its contents, and turn around and say "Just do as the government tells you, for everyone's good" is really and truly beyond me. It's a derangement and mania.

personally im trying to Not Die

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Yes I know the phrase "give me liberty or give me death" means nothing to our generation. Yes, I know.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yes I know the phrase "give me liberty or give me death" means nothing to our generation. Yes, I know.

lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I watched Salo over the weekend. Early in the film they introduce the victims, the boys and the girls. They point out one boy and say this one here's a revolutionary. On the train ride to the compound the one identified as a revolutionary jumps off the train. He takes off into an embankment. The soldiers shoot him in the back, he falls dead and the train continues. The dead boy does not get raped, does not eat mashed potatoes with nails embedded in them, does not eat feces, is not burned, does not have his tongue cut off, is not scalped.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I'm cool with trading the mandatory testing or vaccination regime for the abolition of drug testing for nearly all jobs that aren't involved with heavy machinery but that will never happen and no it's not creeping fascism it's been as fascist as it's ever been which is 100% but god forbid giving up an iota of liberty is for something constructive for once

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Private Cumshoe posted:

I'm cool with trading the mandatory testing or vaccination regime for the abolition of drug testing for nearly all jobs that aren't involved with heavy machinery but that will never happen and no it's not creeping fascism it's been as fascist as it's ever been which is 100% but god forbid giving up an iota of liberty is for something constructive for once

What a joke. How they live in Australia now! Are you serious? That is life? Do you know what is happening there?

"Something constructive" - are you stupid? Why, if this is about public health, are the vaccinated with their passports allowed to forego weekly testing? Why? We know they can transmit the virus - this is not in question. So why not weekly testing? Why is natural immunity not a consideration for participation in public life? What about mutations - which cannot be avoided?

"Something constructive" - you are falling into the exact same trap as before. Each trap was the same and each foreclosed your civil rights. First it was the War on Drugs - ah, something constructive, it's a public health issue, let us make drug users second class citizens. Then the War on Poverty, used to harass and immiserate Black people. Then the War on Guns, used to harass and jail Black people, again. Then the War on Terror, used to expand surveillance, remove your privacy, and make you submit to random searches or compulsory searches (pat-downs as well as Ray-screening). Iraq had WMDs, we needed to do something constructive. Assad was killing his own people with chemical weapons, we had to do something constructive. We have to bail out AIG and the Banks, we have no choice you see. We need to implement austerity politics, for the greater good.

How does this same braindead gambit keep working? Because they've succeeded in scaring you, is the answer. But sure, take it rhetorically if that's your mood.

Edit: Since I've already mentioned the outsized impact civil rights foreclosing policies have had on Black people in particular it is worthwhile here to mention that Black people under 44 who are eligible for the jab have refused the vaccine to the tune of 72% - meaning these vaxx mandates are weighted in a racist dimension as well.

Edit 2: If it is about public health why are congressional members and their staff exempted from mandate? Why is Biden and his team? Why does Pfizer not mandate it for their employees? Why does CDC not mandate it? FDA also doesn't mandate it... and on...

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Sep 13, 2021

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
the gently caress was that even about lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Private Cumshoe posted:

the gently caress was that even about lol

???

Some of us here are anti-fascist.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
yeah ok so will you help me convince the americans to abolish drug testing and drug prohibition in exchange for getting rid of the vaccine and testing thing too? I thought my intentions were clear, in fact if we could get more drugs in society and more people who are too stupid to get vaccinated on their own to die things will get better for everyone

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I have always been and continue to be in favor of the legalization of all drugs. Drug testing should only occur at time of incident - i.e., if someone is visibly inebriated and responsible for something which may cause harm if done improperly - then they should be tested then and removed from the project until they are sober. Disciplinary actions should depend on the community that owns the enterprise.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I also am not of the mind that we should "get rid of the vaccine" - I firmly believe that the risk the vaccine presents is greater than the risk that COVID-19 presents, for most groups. Nevertheless it's none of my business what people inject into themselves.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Not very convincing with your own asterisk there on who's allowed to work and do drugs, I guess we are both equally fascist

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

I too am pro recreational vaccination

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
There's lots of ways to remove the desire to use drugs and they all start with "comm" - this is not really an issue. I don't think crane operators should be doped up while swinging around a 700 ft. tower crane, big fascist guy over here. You only have pithiness, glibness, flippancy, and false equivalence? Huh, so weird!

Anne Frank Funk posted:

And more of the same :allears: Tada!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Sorry I didn't include a rant about banks to show that we really don't disagree on this issue whatsoever, but I guess I'm the one derailing the epstein in this way sorry folks

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The oil billionaire who bankrolled 9/11 is a personal friend of George W. Bush, and they met at the White House two days after 9/11. The conspiracy theories about hologram planes obfuscate that truth and serve billionaire interests.

Covid is particularly deadly to low-income families in dense cities, so the government is allowing it to spread in order to kill Black seniors. The conspiracy theories about it being a fake virus obfuscate that truth and serve billionaire interests.

Tubgoat posted:

You mean the one permabanned for antisemitism despite not posting a single thing that was antisemitic, at which point the thread was filled with posters who'd never posted here before, QQing about antisemitism, while actual antisemitism gets a permanent platform in the bad subforum?

This sounds like a big deal, where can I read more?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Wine lover, right here. Also a vaccine lover in case anyone wants to schedule an injection tour. Huge vaccine fan. Don't use 'em, just like being around 'em. Study 'em. Appreciate 'em. Use 'em sometimes.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Private Cumshoe posted:

Sorry I didn't include a rant about banks to show that we really don't disagree on this issue whatsoever, but I guess I'm the one derailing the epstein in this way sorry folks

Oh sorry hun, these were the things you said that made it seem like you, in fact, disagree:

"god forbid giving up an iota of liberty is for something constructive for once" (by the way, we are not at "100% fascism" (whatever that means), silly)
"people who are too stupid to get vaccinated on their own to die things will get better for everyone"

We need an official edit to the OP about Epstein thread "derails" since the global ruling class fascist programme advancing under cover of disease (soon finance, then climate, and if we're really lucky then a whole absurd show about extra-terrestials, which should be fun) has everything to do with the various cabals and cartels we discuss here. Not least because there's an Epstein -> Wuhan Lab connection somewhere.

Chamale posted:

Covid is particularly deadly to low-income families in dense cities, so the government is allowing it to spread in order to kill Black seniors.

"Allowing it to spread" does not follow from "vaccine mandates". Also everything is deadlier to low-income families in dense cities. Edit: Except the opioid crisis.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 18:38 on Sep 13, 2021

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I firmly believe that the risk the vaccine presents is greater than the risk that COVID-19 presents, for most groups.

PMJ you're a good poster in the epstein thread, and I've often agreed with your takes. i have yet to actually hear this argument laid out in a good faith, so I'd be really interested in your take here.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I watched Salo over the weekend. Early in the film they introduce the victims, the boys and the girls. They point out one boy and say this one here's a revolutionary. On the train ride to the compound the one identified as a revolutionary jumps off the train. He takes off into an embankment. The soldiers shoot him in the back, he falls dead and the train continues. The dead boy does not get raped, does not eat mashed potatoes with nails embedded in them, does not eat feces, is not burned, does not have his tongue cut off, is not scalped.

it's cool you've convinced yourself you're that boy through the sheer power of bleating about covid vaccines online, it's very powerful

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

"Allowing it to spread" does not follow from "vaccine mandates". Also everything is deadlier to low-income families in dense cities. Edit: Except the opioid crisis.

Allowing it to spread has been the policy since two months into the pandemic. Vaccine passports are seen as the cheapest way to get people back to work without overwhelming hospitals. It's not unprecedented, and it's less authoritarian than what they used to do where everyone got vaccinated against polio and smallpox with no opt-out, at gunpoint if necessary, and that was an unambiguously good thing.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Oh babycakes, that wasn't the issue I was saying we agreed on

Also just so you're not confused I didn't read most of the rant about AIG or w/e but I'm just going to say I 100% agree with you there to save you some typing

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

can you both do me a favor and stop talking like 50's diner waitresses

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I know what COVID-19 can do, and that outweighs what I don't know about what the vaccine can do.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

perry mason please source your quotes

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

his butt

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Stop trying to get the thread :gas:ed.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
Thread won't get gassed until the feds get to add our reactions to ghislaine walking free to their data set

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Regulus74 posted:

Thread won't get gassed until the state department get to add our reactions to ghislaine walking free to their data set

heh

yeh

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
brace is annoying and Liz has the best voice in podcasting and also has all the Correct Opinions.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

i tried to listen to it exactly one time. one of them was doing an impression of slavoj zizek which basically just consisted of sniffing a lot while talking in a lovely accent. and he kept going on and on. after about 60 seconds of him just absolutely beating it to death I turned it off and never tried to listen to it again

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Regulus74 posted:

Thread won't get gassed until the feds get to add our reactions to ghislaine walking free to their data set

i will quote the tweet article and post :circlefap: or maybe slow_gun_raise.gif

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Bruce Beldong? never heard of em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

mark immune posted:

PMJ you're a good poster in the epstein thread, and I've often agreed with your takes. i have yet to actually hear this argument laid out in a good faith, so I'd be really interested in your take here.

It's difficult to gain a good idea of how widespread injuries are because injuries are buried, censored (often self-censored, to be fair). I'm forced to rely on anecdotes and incomplete reporting systems like VAERS: https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data Or the UK's Yellow Card: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-card-reporting

Anecdote stuff:
https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1437263079943938049
http://www.reddit.com/r/CovidVaccinated (Worthwhile to look at what's removed/deleted, also: https://www.reveddit.com/v/covidvaccinated)

Actually the abundance of self-reported vaccine injuries on social media is really concerning. Facebook and Twitter are one thing, since they are very popular. But Reddit is a particularly niche site - you need to know of Reddit, then you need to know of that sub, then you need to have an account that can post in it (not too young), then your post needs to not be removed. And regardless of those things it's every other post to every third post to every fourth post that reports an injury. Other injuries have been shared to other parts of Reddit.

Nonetheless: CDC, Pfizer, Biontech, et al no longer deny the widespread myocarditis/pericarditis. So this is not a guessed risk. I am just outside of the age range but with the 'correct' AGAB to be in the higher risk group for those heart diseases. There are plenty of other injuries besides those, however, which are again becoming more routinely reported by the Trusted Sources (tm).

Biden has instructed OSHA to stop reporting injuries, by the way, for a little taste of how deep the rabbit hole is: https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/faqs#collapse-vaccine

There is also a rash of athletes dropping dead, healthy under-40s. Like six BBC radio presenters died of mysterious "short illness". Actually people are dropping like flies and each with mystery illness, undisclosed, not given as COVID. It's pretty widespread.

https://twitter.com/js100js100/status/1431925170822860802

My personal risk of death from COVID-19 Delta (Alpha not in circulation, as far as I know, although CFR is not much higher) is 0.03% - data suggests that injuries may be as high as 0.1%. Public Health England and Israel Ministry of Health are both reporting high numbers of hospitalized vaccinated, so protection isn't really there and there is even cause to believe that vaccination makes variant infection deadlier. Public Health England additionally says that Delta viral load is lower in the chest of the vaccinated compared to unvaccinated, but no lower in the nose and throat. Ergo, the risk I'm taking on is only personal, does not increase risk to others.

https://twitter.com/gnocchiwizard/status/1432725141251772419/photo/1
https://twitter.com/stevee_mk/status/1434575495924957185

Regarding those PHE and Israel reports: why are US cases 300% higher this year than same time last year when 0% were vaccinated? Why are deaths 2x higher? Delta CFR is lower than Alpha, CDC says same, not my own conjecture here. One reason:

https://twitter.com/akheriaty/status/1435671078261510145

Another:

https://twitter.com/Tim_Canova/status/1430896653460905986

A little bit about hospitalizations:

https://twitter.com/Suzy1776_/status/1437254935599591424

Little caveat on the above: if you look at that same Our World in Data source you'll find that deaths in highly vaccinated countries are lower. This may be because of the way deaths are reported, see CDC's definition of "unvaccinated" above, or it may be because the vaccine in fact increases hospitalization while decreasing death. I cannot say for sure. Nonetheless the question was about my own personal risk and I do not feel at risk from death from COVID-19, due to data already presented and my total lack of comorbidities.

What two data points are absent here?

https://twitter.com/lawrencethawk/status/1434177404419858439/photo/1

It's not about public health:

https://twitter.com/DrJayRichards/status/1435230529448812547
https://twitter.com/jordylancaster/status/1433637671277056001
https://twitter.com/emilyhewertson/status/1433054600475693061
https://twitter.com/DrTeckKhong/status/1432286323184914435
https://twitter.com/OccupyDemocrats/status/1432360525938106374
https://twitter.com/NewsForAllIre/status/1431222838220963842
https://amherststudent.com/article/as-delta-variant-surges-college-tightens-covid-rules/

Stairmaster posted:

perry mason please source your quotes

It's hard! I don't have like a document sitting around where I've collated a bunch of poo poo so I need to go find it each and every time. You guys can search too! Leave me alone.