Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zurtilik posted:

My favorite state related crack ping was Kentucky congress overturning the governor's school mask mandate within a day of a 15-year old and a couple school workers dying. =)

Tate Reeves already called it, dying is good because you get to go see god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol of course she's driving while recording this

Maybe all these disasters are happening like in the Story of Job from the Bible?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And of course Dr. Evil is pushing the Lancet story

https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1437420473030221824

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
For shits here's my occasional Kentucky News Round Up:

Increasingly, Lexington doctor sees unvaccinated teachers on oxygen and ventilators - Lexington Herald - 9/12
'World is on fire': Kentucky health care workers exhausted amidst latest COVID-19 surge - ABCNews - 9/11
Kentucky passes 8,000 COVID-19 deaths; Top 7 counties in Eastern Kentucky hold highest incident rate - WYMT - 9/10
Kentucky lawmakers overturn school mask mandate as COVID cases soar - Axios - 9/10
Second staff member at same Kentucky school dies from COVID-19 - WHAS11

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
love doctors, epidemiologists, public health officials who encounter a novel deadly disease and just say "we can't do anything about it, let's give up". Just as effective as the plague doctors from the olden days

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1437417029368156171

Isn’t this basically not true at al

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tate Reeves already called it, dying is good because you get to go see god.

Christians know that suicide disqualifies them from entering heaven, so anything resembling the rapture makes them horny for mass death

This is a problem for those of us who don't want to die

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

love doctors, epidemiologists, public health officials who encounter a novel deadly disease and just say "we can't do anything about it, let's give up". Just as effective as the plague doctors from the olden days

at least old timey plague docs had baller masks

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

when the gently caress is james bond gonna break into this prick's secret compound and shoot him already

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

skewetoo posted:

For some, you couldn't pay them enough to be there, for others, they'll pay anything to be there.

This sounds the plot of a B-movie creature feature.

Ma and Pa going to the radon mines

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

My cousin died WITH his 2nd covid infection.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

This pandemic really did mark the transition to the Chinese century and it's not even debatable.

i'm sure china will enjoy being #1 for the next ten years before climate kills us all

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
China is going to have an envirodome to protect them!

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Zurtilik posted:

China is going to have an envirodome to protect them!

I had a coworker who once proposed a giant dome that covered the entirety of north America as the solution to climate change

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

how do i make a retractable mask like this

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

100 degrees Calcium posted:

God I wish I lived in China

https://twitter.com/Bikaner20/status/1424779038078369794

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

mod sassinator posted:

jesus christ

what's the long covid percent again, something like 15-30% of cases? even if just 15% that's still around 200k kids that will be dealing with covid for months and potentially years

Isn't that % of people who are even symptomatic? Around 80% of the 19 and under cohort had asymptomatic Covid, so you'd be looking at 15% of that smaller set, which still puts you at 36k so far.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

My cousin died WITH his 2nd covid infection.

Yeah each infection is like having to do another saving throw.

Probability is not in your favor.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

actionjackson posted:

i'm sure china will enjoy being #1 for the next ten years before climate kills us all

Climate doesn't kill us all in ten years. It kills the most vulnerable in 10 years, The slighly more vulnerable in 15. The rich start to be effected by year 15-20 and start to put mitigations in place to kill more people while allowing the rich to live comfortably for another 80-100 years.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Casey Finnigan posted:

I had a coworker who once proposed a giant dome that covered the entirety of north America as the solution to climate change

A micro-climate dome surrounding my garage so I can run my car in peace without worrying about all the external pollution.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Elea posted:

Some highlighted comments

The one about jumping from one argument to the next without a beat reminds me of a conversation I had a couple of weeks ago with a co-worker. She touched on how we should just let it tear through the population, how well Sweden did, kids having a hard time wearing masks, all the hits. As soon as I knocked one down she was on to the next one without hesitating at all. It sounds like she hadn't gotten the shot yet, from what I could gather, because she was asking me what I thought of getting the J&J vaccine. I mentioned it in the old thread, but a month or two ago I was bringing her some documents she had asked for, and as soon as I came up to her she was like "I'm going home, I'm really sick", while she was holding a mask in her loving hand. No clue if she had covid, but I didn't see her around for several weeks after that. I'm willing to put money on her not going to get tested for it, so she probably doesn't even know.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Climate doesn't kill us all in ten years. It kills the most vulnerable in 10 years, The slighly more vulnerable in 15. The rich start to be effected by year 15-20 and start to put mitigations in place to kill more people while allowing the rich to live comfortably for another 80-100 years.

like 99% of the world is vulnerable lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
lmao even the blue libs are trying to just make everyone work until they die (WITH covid, not of)

California Senate passes bill allowing state to keep details of COVID outbreaks secret

quote:

The California State Senate approved a bill late Friday evening that upholds the state’s ability to keep the details of workplace COVID-19 outbreaks secret, a win for business groups after key transparency clauses were slashed at the last minute.

AB 654 was revised days before the end of the legislative session Friday to erase a requirement that the California Department of Public Health publicize COVID outbreaks by location, contradicting the author’s stated purpose in drafting the bill and dealing a blow to employees, advocates and epidemiologists who have long argued that such information is essential to protecting workers.

The bill that passed 37-0 contained an urgency clause, meaning it would take effect immediately if signed into law by Gov. Gavin Newsom.

“The bill now does not seem to be ensuring transparency, but rather going in the opposite direction — and ensuring that the public, local leaders and local health leaders are going to be in the dark in a way they really shouldn’t be,” said David Snyder, an attorney and executive director of the First Amendment Coalition who called its passage “very disappointing.”

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Tzen posted:

lol gonna be tens of thousands of child deaths by the end of this. cool very cool very normal poo poo

There should be over 7,000 dead, over 3 million crippled by the end of November going by the napkin math we've been doing using the CDS' own modeling.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
20% of this north carolina school district were in quarantine, so the school board voted to immediately end quarantine requirements lmao

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/u...RHVSGMI7UOUTLU/

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

mod sassinator posted:

lmao even the blue libs are trying to just make everyone work until they die (WITH covid, not of)

California Senate passes bill allowing state to keep details of COVID outbreaks secret

lol this is so depressing. I can't wait until the stock market crashes again so all of this looks even stupider in retrospect

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

haha, 37-0

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
the dude had covid. fully vaccinated and it still was rough :/ he made it through: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jeff-bridges-says-he-got-covid-while-chemo-it-made-n1279072

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

McNugget Buddy posted:

Holy poo poo I just looked up Victoria Jackson because I remembered she was a mega-chud

Hasn't posted on Twitter since March, which was nothing but QAnon/conservative nonsense:

https://twitter.com/victoriajackson

I dug deeper, and she just posted a YouTube blog last week where she reveals her brother recently killed himself, and her entire family got COVID right after, and then her mom died from COVID:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZJc34zXh-0

:drat:

now that's commitment to a bit

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm the crying emote giving a thumbs up for jimmy

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I love how american culture is obsessed with working but there's no interest in what is produced as a result of that work. In fact if your work is clearly useful (teachers, nurses, garbagemen), americans will poo poo on you for it

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

There should be over 7,000 dead, over 3 million crippled by the end of November going by the napkin math we've been doing using the CDS' own modeling.

Only 80 kids died in the last month, according to the AAP, bringing the total to 460 since the start of the pandemic. 6500 in the next two and a half months seems unlikely.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bedpan posted:

haha, 37-0

Remember Vote for democrats, they believe science and are better than evil republicans

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

etalian posted:

Remember Vote for democrats, they believe science and are better than evil republicans

lmao the California Senate is 40 people total.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I predicted this would happen

Omnicarus posted:

Mr. Radium is going to make a comeback! After all they use radiation to treat cancer.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Fix posted:

Only 80 kids died in the last month, according to the AAP, bringing the total to 460 since the start of the pandemic. 6500 in the next two and a half months seems unlikely.

80 kids died in one month? ummm we were only at like 400 kid deaths as of ~july when i last looked at the data. an increase of almost 25% in 1 month is pretty bad

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Casey Finnigan posted:

I love how american culture is obsessed with working but there's no interest in what is produced as a result of that work. In fact if your work is clearly useful (teachers, nurses, garbagemen), americans will poo poo on you for it

do your job as well as possible, but only the owners of capital get to decide what jobs are worth doing

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tzen posted:

they will deal with it just like they dealt with their Nanjing delta outbreak
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-08/19/c_1310136534.htm
they'll shut poo poo down and it'll be done with in 3~ weeks

sorry to lmao at "they'll see a large-scale delta" but lmao
https://fortune.com/2021/08/23/china-covid-local-cases-zero-delta-variant-control/

seems p. unrealistic to me if they have to keep shutting things down, given that capital interests own nearly everything in this world

capital interests are certainly agitating for change in policy and i think we'll see it probably sometime early next year if not sooner. i genuinely hope i'm wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.