Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Domestic abuse isn't just physical abuse, so to answer the original question yes he has been accused of being an abuser by his ex-wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
that trailer was extremely die hard to me

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i hope Rogers the musical has a song about America's rear end

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
So apparently Y The Last Man is not very good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lamont posted:

So apparently Y The Last Man is not very good

First episode is a snoozer. I can barely care enough to pay attention.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

site posted:

i hope Rogers the musical has a song about America's rear end

I'm betting it'll be a Hamilton riff or something.

Is Y available to watch already?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hawkeye looks fun as hell. Lots of Fraction stuff right there.

Curious who the ultimate villain will be, Madam Mask was the closest thing Hawkeye had to a major villain. I heard both Yelena and Echo are supposed to be in it too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The end credits of Black Widow said Yelena will be in it.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Well, we got the Tracksuit Mafia, but I detected a distinct lack of Pizza Dog in that trailer.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Binary Badger posted:

Well, we got the Tracksuit Mafia, but I detected a distinct lack of Pizza Dog in that trailer.

1:22

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So Marvel finally realized that Hawkeye should be fun.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Binary Badger posted:

Did you watch the trailer?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

reindeer dog, no pizza (but I guess we gotta wait for the show to start streaming)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lucky is clearly in that trailer.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Binary Badger posted:

reindeer dog, no pizza (but I guess we gotta wait for the show to start streaming)

A one-eyed dog in a Hawkeye trailer, it's pizza dog.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's been set photos with the dog.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The villains according to leaks are supposed to be Swordsman, played by Timothy Dalton and an even bigger leak Kingpin, played by you all know who. Which will set up the Echo Disney+ series. Of course these are leaks so take them with a grain of salt.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

X-O posted:

The villains according to leaks are supposed to be Swordsman, played by Timothy Dalton and an even bigger leak Kingpin, played by you all know who. Which will set up the Echo Disney+ series. Of course these are leaks so take them with a grain of salt.

Oh man if either of those are true that would be amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

Oh man if either of those are true that would be amazing.

I imagine the second one would be more like a cameo if nothing else. Though that person is present a few times in the Fraction run.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

The villains according to leaks are supposed to be Swordsman, played by Timothy Dalton

Close, but not quite Tony Dalton is playing Swordsman

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well that might even be better to be honest. I was kinda thinking the former was a bit old for that part. And he's great on the show that he's on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

First look at Peacemaker. With Vigilante there beside him.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1437448244536221696

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BrianWilly posted:

Oh for a sec I was scared it was going to be very self-serious, and then the second half happened.

They had me going for the first half, not gonna lie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like how the van Kate blows up has "Trust a Bro" on the side.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

To be honest it feels weird for MCU Hawkeye to suddenly be Hawkguy. In the comics it relies on several decades of characterization and history that Renner's role does not have. Better late than never I suppose.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lobok posted:

To be honest it feels weird for MCU Hawkeye to suddenly be Hawkguy. In the comics it relies on several decades of characterization and history that Renner's role does not have. Better late than never I suppose.

I feel like Fraction Hawkeye was about as rough as a jerk away from traditional Hawkeye as this is from the previous MCU version

Up until that book he'd always been portrayed as the brash cocky loose cannon or the struggling leader not the kind of joe schlub down-on-his-luck bad-at-everything-but-archery take that Fraction went with.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

I think it almost works because he has an unfilmed 5 years where his entire family was gone and they don't remember it and he spent that time killing criminals, so he doesn't know how to interact with his miraculously broght back family.

Not the same as slut Hawkguy, but it explains his detachement.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

I think Hawkguy was kind of out nowhere myself. Clint was never really portrayed like that until that series.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

X-O posted:

First look at Peacemaker. With Vigilante there beside him.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1437448244536221696

Gunn directed 5 of the 8 episodes. This thing is going to be good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I know some people who didn't like it because their Clint was more of a cocktail brash carnry than goofball loser who gets in over his head.

"I can't see that Hawkeye calling Hank Pym 'high pockets'" was something a friend said.

People seem to really want yelena to kill Clint, but I don't think she needs to do that to realize she was being played.

I hope there's at least one cameo where someone comments Kate is tye better Hawkeye.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I know some people who didn't like it because their Clint was more of a cocktail brash carnry than goofball loser who gets in over his head.

"I can't see that Hawkeye calling Hank Pym 'high pockets'" was something a friend said.

People seem to really want yelena to kill Clint, but I don't think she needs to do that to realize she was being played.

I hope there's at least one cameo where someone comments Kate is tye better Hawkeye.

Who could say that with authority? Rufalo, Hemsworth, Jackson, maybe Olsen?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Blockhouse posted:

I feel like Fraction Hawkeye was about as rough as a jerk away from traditional Hawkeye as this is from the previous MCU version

Up until that book he'd always been portrayed as the brash cocky loose cannon or the struggling leader not the kind of joe schlub down-on-his-luck bad-at-everything-but-archery take that Fraction went with.

It was a departure but there was more to work with in 616's history. MCU Hawkeye was this serious government agent (assassin?) and like Fury he seemed to be the Ultimate character rather than the original.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lobok posted:

It was a departure but there was more to work with in 616's history. MCU Hawkeye was this serious government agent (assassin?) and like Fury he seemed to be the Ultimate character rather than the original.

While he was inspired by the Ultimate version, I don't feel that MCU Hawkeye is purely serious. Through the movies, up until Endgame, his arc appears to be that he's a serious professional who is gradually accepting how utterly bonkers his world is becoming.

Thor: "This guy's tearing poo poo up... Huh. Good for him."

Avengers: "Nat, are we in over our heads?"

Age of Ultron: "poo poo is crazy, but whatever."

Civil War: "Retirement is boring. I miss my weirdo friends!"

Endgame: "...life is pain..."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hawkeye looks great. They managed to get across Kate and Clint's relationship super well in less than 2 minutes.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

So it looks like Marvel/Disney is keeping up the pressure. By my count What If? will overlap with the beginning of Star Wars: Visons which will end a week before Hawkeye which will almost certainly end right before or slightly overlap The Book of Boba Fett which will take us into 2022. That gets us to Ms. Marvel in early 2022, followed by some combination of Mandalorian season three, She-Hulk, Obi-wan Kenobi, Moon Knight, Ahsoka, and Secret Invasion (probably not in that order) which will get us well into 2022, and just in time to announce some new shows for after that. So yeah, well done schedulers, you've made it very difficult to ever cancel Disney+! :golfclap:

e: Oh drat, I forgot Andor, Armor Wars, The Acolyte, Ironheart, and Lando, and that's not even counting season twos of Loki, Bad Batch, and What If?!

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 13, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Visions is a one shot where everything is dropping at once because they are just shorts.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

muscles like this! posted:

Visions is a one shot where everything is dropping at once because they are just shorts.

Huh, didn't know that. I wonder if there's something else that's going to cover the gap between the end of What If? and the start of Hawkeye then?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Not quite on topic for this thread, but since it came up: is there a date for Andor yet? They were shooting that a while ago, weren't they? I assume it's next year sometime.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jng2058 posted:

Huh, didn't know that. I wonder if there's something else that's going to cover the gap between the end of What If? and the start of Hawkeye then?

They've had ~month long gaps between stuff recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Who could say that with authority? Rufalo, Hemsworth, Jackson, maybe Olsen?

He would sat that to Pym in the comic, so I guess in the mcu he could say it to Lang?

Thing is, it's an old timey slang for someone who's tall. It's like cap saying he's going to give someone some straight dick.