Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Danny LaFever posted:

drat the injury pretty much slides him into bust land.

Eh, you should see if he's able to come back competent for his third season. If he can't, THEN he's a bust. Right now, he's just disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1437231866017300484?s=20

Unfortunately he’s playing like CM Punk’s MMA career.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ort posted:

I didn’t watch all of the Bears game but I was impressed with the offense the times I had it on. Compared to last year where any time I watched them and they could not move the ball for a single first down 90% of the time it seemed, it was a nice change.

The Bears won the time of possession battle by 10 minutes and scored 14 points. Sure the Rams were able to easily score very quickly but 2 touchdowns is never enough touchdowns, and there was plenty of time to score more touchdowns. You need more of them (touchdowns).

Just because they weren’t embarrassing doesn’t mean they were good or even competent. Comparing the Bears and the Rams from when they last played in 2018 to now is really depressing. One team got a lot better and fixed their problems, and the other team moved sideways/backwards and created more problems

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BGrifter posted:

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1437231866017300484?s=20

Unfortunately he’s playing like CM Punk’s MMA career.

Two questions.

1) What's AEW in this scenario.
2) When will the Packers be releasing the Rodgers rear end Tape.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Andy Dalton is not going to lose you games but he will not win you games.

Nobody in this roster will win you games, even the perpetually banged up Khalil Mack

Well, one guy would. Could………. Justin

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Goff has already killed one of his receivers with a late throw:

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1437485492585607175

Also I don't usually agree with PoD's takes, but I think trying Decker at RT when he gets back and keeping Sewell at LT is not a bad idea.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The bears have an Olympic sprinter on their team and the longest attempt from last night was like 15 yards downfield

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

GNU Order posted:

The Bears won the time of possession battle by 10 minutes and scored 14 points. Sure the Rams were able to easily score very quickly but 2 touchdowns is never enough touchdowns, and there was plenty of time to score more touchdowns. You need more of them (touchdowns).

Just because they weren’t embarrassing doesn’t mean they were good or even competent. Comparing the Bears and the Rams from when they last played in 2018 to now is really depressing. One team got a lot better and fixed their problems, and the other team moved sideways/backwards and created more problems

Bears fans have been so thoroughly broken by bad offenses that even the mere thought of multiple sustained drives with a lot of completions makes their brains go 'well that didn't look half bad at all'. The amount of points on the board be damned.
How do you control the ball 35 to 25 and only come away with 14 points?

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 13, 2021

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

GNU Order posted:

The bears have an Olympic sprinter on their team and the longest attempt from last night was like 15 yards downfield

West Coast Babey

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Andy Dalton’s the best Bears starting QB since Jay Cutler. :lol:

Hopefully the Packers call him up next year. :sigh:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tinstaach posted:

Goff has already killed one of his receivers with a late throw:

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1437485492585607175

Also I don't usually agree with PoD's takes, but I think trying Decker at RT when he gets back and keeping Sewell at LT is not a bad idea.

Yeah we ended up with the good scenario. Sewell looked really strong for his first game and against Bosa for most of it. I suppose this is up to the coaches on what they think they should do and what Decker thinks of it, but Sewell has another month of LT so we'll how that goes.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

We all know Pace is bad but doesn't Nagy get some of the blame for them being unable to develop anyone on the offense. They have had a lot of draft picks just flame out.

I do love the massive disconnect between the coaching staff and front office. Why did Pace bring in a bunch of speedster receivers for a coach who wants to dink and dunk?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/status/1437503929537998850

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

fishing with the fam posted:

Bears fans have been so thoroughly broken by bad offenses that even the mere thought of multiple sustained drives with a lot of completions makes their brains go 'well that didn't look half bad at all'. The amount of points on the board be damned.
How do you control the ball 35 to 25 and only come away with 14 points?

They didn't have a single 3 and out last night, that's a big improvement over last year! Dalton's bad throw on the first drive, and then fumble later kind of killed them. The offense still wasn't going to be enough to overcome the Rams, but there's probably 10 points the Bears left off the board last night, maybe more. They were also playing against the best defense last year, so I'm reserving judgement for the offense until they play an average defense.

The defense has gotten way worse though, and the offense has not improved enough to overcome that. Expect to see lots of shoot out games, or else the Bears are going to get blown out a lot.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I saw the ad on espn.com and I was wondering if it was for a Bears front office job.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Bears had the best loss. They hung in there against a far superior team. Vikings lost a game they should have won, constantly shooting themselves in the dick. Lions played decent Lions ball. Packers got rekt.

NFCN Rankings
CHI (0-1)
DET (0-1)
MIN (0-1)
GB (0-1)

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I’m starting a collection

I call it: Things That Piss Me Off Big Time

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bird in a Blender posted:

They didn't have a single 3 and out last night, that's a big improvement over last year! Dalton's bad throw on the first drive, and then fumble later kind of killed them. The offense still wasn't going to be enough to overcome the Rams, but there's probably 10 points the Bears left off the board last night, maybe more. They were also playing against the best defense last year, so I'm reserving judgement for the offense until they play an average defense.

The defense has gotten way worse though, and the offense has not improved enough to overcome that. Expect to see lots of shoot out games, or else the Bears are going to get blown out a lot.

Yeah I felt like last year had a bunch of games where the bears would have 6 straight 3 and outs then make a couple downfield bombs and get into the game (Tampa bay game is the best example of this)

So having consistent first downs felt like a breakthrough was imminent. Except it wasn't because the rams defense wasn't trying to stop underneath throws and the bears had no ability to do anything else

In other news I checked and post ditka, the bears are up to 7 playoff appearances, two under Nagy! Only one fewer than Detroit in that time! Surely we will tie then pass Detroit in the next five years

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Part of a proud Bears tradition of appearing in McDonalds ads.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Mercifully, I was travelling this weekend and only caught the first few minutes of the Packers game before my flight started boarding. By the time it landed, the snuff film was over.

Also, people didn't give this enough love because it was at the bottom of a page, so here:

Parallelwoody posted:

Who can take a football
Spiral it to you
Get it through the coverage
With a miracle or two?
The Andyman
The Andyman can
The Andyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the Bears less bad
Who can take this oline
Not completely die
Donald bearing down
and hit a post route to his guy?
Children: The Andyman?
Collinsworth: The Andyman
The Andyman can
The Andyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the Bears less bad
The Red Rifle makes
The offense that he takes
Satisfying and delicious
Talk about your childhood wishes
You can shout "Da Bears," bitches
Who can take the Oline
Dip it in a dream
Separate the sorrow
Pass before he's getting creamed?
The Andyman
Children: Andy Dalton can
Collinsworth: The Andyman can cause he mixes it with love
And makes the Bears less bad
And the Bears play good cause the Andyman thinks they should

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I noticed it in preseason but it looks like Nagy has gotten rid of his signature visor.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It also looked like he got rid of BE YOU on his play sheet

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's still there, just in much smaller font size in the corner.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It is very funny reading write-ups of the game from national writers about how bad andy was and I spent the whole game marveling at one of the best Bears QB performances I've seen in years be cause he completed several passes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

It is very funny reading write-ups of the game from national writers about how bad andy was and I spent the whole game marveling at one of the best Bears QB performances I've seen in years be cause he completed several passes.

He hit open receivers and I'm ready to die for the man.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

He looks good with the beard too

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Andy is a very handsome boy

Also lol we all shut off the Packer game to watch the Browns beat the Chiefs and Baker immediately threw the pick so we all just packed up and went home

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Dalton, Fields, Foles

As usual the Bears have an embarrassment of riches at the quarterback position

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

bold = still with the team, * = still in league

2021 Rd 1 Eric Stokes
2019 Rd 1 Darnell Savage
2018 Rd 1 Jaire Alexander
2018 Rd 2 Josh Jackson*
2017 Rd 2 Kevin King
2017 Rd 2 Josh Jones
2015 Rd 1 Damarious Randall
2015 Rd 2 Quinten Rollins
2014 Rd 1 Ha Ha Clinton Dix

Help me budget my draft picks my team's offensive production is dying

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Styles Bitchley posted:

Dalton, Fields, Foles

As usual the Bears have an embarrassment of riches at the quarterback position

The new Tinker to Evers to Chance

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It was depressing last night when I remembered the Bears don't have a 1st round pick which is probably going to be top 10.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Rams were literally the best defense in the NFL last year

Maybe chill on the doom and gloom until they get washed by the Bengals.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I have watched a Matt Nagy offense for over 3 years now and have a good idea how this plays out.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

The bears are so good they don't even dress a super bowl winning quarterback. I don't see any other NFCC teams doing the same.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Green Bay cut theirs for a game show host. :sigh:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It feels good leading the division.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

I hope he gets hired by the Saints and changes it to BA YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I hope he gets hired by the Saints and changes it to BA YOU

hired by the browns and changes it to BE HUE

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

hired by the browns and changes it to BE HUE

C'mon now BE POO is right there for the Browns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

GNU Order posted:

I’m starting a collection

I call it: Things That Piss Me Off Big Time

Still remember all the excuses about how "actually, that guy wasn't that open in the end zone"