Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how many loops could a deathloop poop loop if a deathloop poop could pooploop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

SirSamVimes posted:

In aesthetics (which is good), story (which is bad) or gameplay (which is meh)?
In aesthetics, mostly, though you're running around shooting people with various retro-futuristic guns and holding F to absorb random stuff in the environment, so a little bit of the gameplay as well.

For story, I caught that there is a time loop of some sort, and you need to kill people to stop it or something, but not much else

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is Monster Hunter Stories 2 as good as it seems? Its pricier than most games I tend to look at but drat does it seem intriguing...

It bored me to absolute death but if you like catching monsters and riding them around with a turn based battle system it could be a good time. I found it really stale unfortunately. Especially after playing a bunch of MH Rise.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Scalding Coffee posted:

Sorry, but what is Deathloop? There is too many comments bringing it up.

A video game. It's about to be the latest goon crazed must buy game of the forever despite none of us knowing what the gently caress it even is.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I highly recommend it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

looks like the launch trailer went up sometime today which i didn't know until just now because typically you guys are the ones who post them sheesh way to drop the ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8HmSaaISpA

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is anyone talking about that huge Geforce Now leak all but confirming some long-rumored games for PC?

Biggest ones I could find are Resident Evil 4 Remake, Dragon's Dogma 2, Kingdom Hearts 4, FF Tactics Remaster, Titan Quest 2, new Tomb Raider, and PC ports for basically every first party Sony game including next-gen titles like Horizon Forbidden West.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Had no idea about it. DragDog2 on PC though let's fuckin go :getin:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

exquisite tea posted:

Is anyone talking about that huge Geforce Now leak all but confirming some long-rumored games for PC?

Biggest ones I could find are Resident Evil 4 Remake, Dragon's Dogma 2, Kingdom Hearts 4, FF Tactics Remaster, Titan Quest 2, new Tomb Raider, and PC ports for basically every first party Sony game including next-gen titles like Horizon Forbidden West.

I saw it but I have no idea what to think as far as how reliable a leak like that is. I don't wanna get me hopes up because there is some real good poo poo in there.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A Tactics remaster is news to me.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

It's hard to care when there's still no Bloodborne...

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

The Sony stuff is plausible, but there being Nintendo stuff like Bayonetta 3 and NSMB in there casts the whole thing into doubt

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
There are a bunch of Switch games on there so kind of doubt this is a list of PC ports.

edit: ^^

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Stickman posted:

It's hard to care when there's still no Bloodborne...

The fact that Bloodborne isn't on there is what makes this leak more plausible.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Fwiw, Titan Quest 2 has been teased at by the current devs for a while.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 13, 2021

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

now i'm just imagining how massive a paradigm shift it would be if nintendo games started showing up on pc

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

repiv posted:

The Sony stuff is plausible, but there being Nintendo stuff like Bayonetta 3 and NSMB in there casts the whole thing into doubt

I believe the Nintendo stuff is presumably listed because of that China-only authorized nvidia shield type thing that plays Switch games

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

The fact that Bloodborne isn't on there is what makes this leak more plausible.

Very true :v:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
i won the newegg shuffle, or at least got the chance to buy one of the things I selected

if anyone is still really searching for a 30 series card, not an uncommon topic in this thread, I think it's a reasonably good way to get one without paying ridiculous prices. It only took me maybe a month and a half of doing it every weekday to get this offer. maybe it was even more like just a month

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

goferchan posted:

I believe the Nintendo stuff is presumably listed because of that China-only authorized nvidia shield type thing that plays Switch games

The Nvidia Shield China thing only has Gamecube and Wii games, so that doesn't explain Bayonetta 3 (Switch exclusive) being in there

quote:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - December 5, 2017
Punch-Out!! - December 5, 2017
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - December 5, 2017
Super Mario Galaxy - March 22, 2018
Mario Kart Wii - August 3, 2018
Donkey Kong Country Returns - July 4, 2019

No activity on that front for a few years either so I think that project fizzled out

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

Biggest ones I could find are ... FF Tactics Remaster ...

what

Oh man Tactics Ogre Remaster is on there too

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

A Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together-style refresh would be nice

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

So Deathloop is Majoras Mask?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sure but with reused dishonored assets instead of reused ocarina of time assets

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

repiv posted:

The Nvidia Shield China thing only has Gamecube and Wii games, so that doesn't explain Bayonetta 3 (Switch exclusive) being in there

The switch uses an Nvidia graphics card

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

repiv posted:

No activity on that front for a few years either so I think that project fizzled out

As of last month it's megadead

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/08/nvidia_shield_shutting_down_nintendo_wii_game_downloads_in_china

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

John Lee posted:

The switch uses an Nvidia graphics card

...and? the hardware may be similar but there's quite a leap from there to "nintendo-owned switch exclusive somehow ends up on windows based cloud platform"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Has anyone tried the pc port of el shaddai ascension of the metatron?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The leaked Geforce Now profiles are allegedly 6 months old so if there is Nvidia Shield stuff it would still be on there.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

exquisite tea posted:

But seriously what are Photoshop, Maya and Autocad doing on that list? Just some random app tests?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Palpek posted:

But seriously what are Photoshop, Maya and Autocad doing on that list? Just some random app tests?

my Nvidia control panel thing lists a couple programs like that alongside games, I've never actually used it to mess with settings for them, though

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Karma Tornado posted:

my Nvidia control panel thing lists a couple programs like that alongside games, I've never actually used it to mess with settings for them, though
:stare: oh poo poo, I might look into this if it helps with working on heavy files or something. That would be a new one for me and I work a ton with those programs every single day.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

A new game from a good studio... THAT HAS A KICK BUTTON? They finally listened to me?? I'm squirting all over the place!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Has anyone tried the pc port of el shaddai ascension of the metatron?

i did. what do you want to know? I thought the game was boring and confusing and pretentious. but the port seemed to work fine. doesn't have tons of options or anything

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
So when is Deathloop actually releasing? Steam is saying both the 14th for me (in my library) and the 13th (when I click on the store page).

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I think it's unlocking midnight wherever you are

Restart Steam if it doesn't start decrypting automatically

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

tildes posted:

So when is Deathloop actually releasing? Steam is saying both the 14th for me (in my library) and the 13th (when I click on the store page).

Midnight EST about 4 and a half hours from this post.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

repiv posted:

...and? the hardware may be similar but there's quite a leap from there to "nintendo-owned switch exclusive somehow ends up on windows based cloud platform"

this is true

I don't know poo poo about dick, I just thought it might be possibly relevant is some rear end-backwards way

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I want Dragon's Dogma 2

Hire my pawn

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Phlegmish posted:

I want Dragon's Dogma 2

Hire my pawn

they're masterworks all, you can't go wrong

Adbot