Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Appearance remasters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Most of those ships aren't very old at all. They're using the type 7 material generally which still looks fine.

There are apparently going to be fleet versions of the T6 Nova / Saber / Steamrunner as well!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

New Mirror Universe mobs maybe? We've been looking at the same Terran ships for 8 years.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They turned the bussards off on most of them?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Is there a way to change the damage type of reputation weapons? I've got the Lorca's Ambition set, but all my other weapons, and consoles for them, are Polaron. This is obviously a phaser. I can redo my setup and use phasers if I have to, but i'd rather just change this one type.

You cannot, a few reputations unlock an alternate damage type versions at Tier 6, but just the set pieces not the ones you can buy multiples of.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

You cannot, a few reputations unlock an alternate damage type versions at Tier 6, but just the set pieces not the ones you can buy multiples of.
All the reputations do (except Omega since there's no energy weapon set piece for it) but yeah it's just whatever those two are. Disco rep is phaser (default) and disruptor (at T6) and that's it. Using a specific weapon type inherently limits your set options, but honestly you usually don't use more than the 2P bonus for weapon sets anyway outside of a few builds so console/torpedo or whatever is fine.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anyone have an up-to-date build for the Universe-class Temporal Heavy Dreadnought?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Can I get an invite to the goon channel?

My dudes name is Hammy Deacon and my @ is also @Hammy Deacon

I think.... I've never used the chat system or anything in this game so i have no idea if someone saw me post before and sent me something, lol.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/pmrze6/would_you_be_playing_sto_if_it_didnt_have_the/

Results are exactly what I expected.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

What are the results? Doesn't seem to want to let me see the results without voting, which requires logging into reddit, which :effort:

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016

Cyrano4747 posted:

What are the results? Doesn't seem to want to let me see the results without voting, which requires logging into reddit, which :effort:

Ah, sorry. Well as of this post there are 333 votes and 269 are "no".

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Hmmm. Despite grabbing the reward for completing Iconian War on my temporal agent, I can't get it from the temporal dude on my alts despite being able to get other stuff I've unlocked.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

the citizen-X upgrade: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11497333-make-your-captain-one-of-the-elite%21

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So with this, the next Mudd's bundle is absolutely gonna be the TOS dreadnoughts, yeah?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Jesus get your zen purchase orders in now. Last night there was actually a small surplus of zen on the exchange (like 5k or something, but actually showing orders to sell and new buy orders were piling up at 499 for once) and after I saw this I hopped on and there was a backlog of ~1500 to buy at 500.

I got a ten minute call I had to take and in the time it took me to finish that and get a buy order in it spiked to ~60k zen piled up on the buy side at 500.

It'll be interesting to see if they do like they did with the T6-X ship upgrades with event giveaways etc. I personally doubt it. I was frankly amazed that they made those that accessible without spending zen.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ship upgrades also make a lot more sense as a giveaway because even a player with a single main will have many ships. This is once per character so if they do do a giveaway I kind of expect it to just be a one time thing, otherwise time for whale hunting!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Eimi posted:

Ship upgrades also make a lot more sense as a giveaway because even a player with a single main will have many ships. This is once per character so if they do do a giveaway I kind of expect it to just be a one time thing, otherwise time for whale hunting!

Yeah, I'll only ever get one token. I've got my main and that's the one I use for pew pew, everyone else is just for farming or sitting in the exchange etc. A one-off 1500 isn't that bad, but holy poo poo there are some whales who are going to need second mortgages because they get it into their heads that all their characters need to be max power.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, I'll only ever get one token. I've got my main and that's the one I use for pew pew, everyone else is just for farming or sitting in the exchange etc. A one-off 1500 isn't that bad, but holy poo poo there are some whales who are going to need second mortgages because they get it into their heads that all their characters need to be max power.

Yeah, not like any other character of mine has the personal traits to even want another slot. The extra module is fun but again, my alts are bare minimum so I just need one.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

next event reward is the Mirror Gagarin: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11497343

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Wow, that's incredibly bad. I get that it would be hard for them to even match the normal Gagarin's powerlevel but drat that's a terrible ship.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

The source that told me about the mirror gagarin and elite captain upgrade last week showed some indications that Cryptic is at least putting in the back-end support to give away a free token. I agree that they probably won't give away as many as they did ship -X upgrades.

Cyrano4747 posted:

At 3 for 1950 zen (during the first month sale), that's 650z per upgrade. Max chars per account is 57 for lifetime, so that's 37,050z to upgrade every possible char on an account. I'm not sure this is going to pull in as much whale money as cryptic is hoping. And it's made the redditors super angry.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
This guy is such a sucker 😅

https://twitter.com/LootCritter/status/1437441046997188609

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ship is pretty meh. Command spec, not MW, and trait looks garbage.

Still going to collect it for collecting's sake, probably via Jabberwocky.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Honestly the best part for me is the red bussard collectors. I hate the normal Gagarin's orange ones that refuse to change for vanity shields and the red just looks better. About the only upside I can see from it. :v:

Also buried in it is this

quote:

8x Terran Empire Agony Phaser Weapon Packs which each contain your choice of starship weapon type, and 3x Ultimate Tech Upgrade - Beam/Cannon/Projectile Tech

Makes it a bit less boring.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

We get more Ship-X upgrades because the best use of those is on the ships you buy from the shop, to spread the benefit across your account, so they drive sales in their own way. No way we're getting more than one Char-X upgrade for free.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Yea, this ship itself is hot garbage. It's not even full command-spec (which wouldn't save it anyway). The only thing that might be useful is the console, for budget/midrange beam/cannon builds. Most likely it'll be collected and stuck in the Great Mothball in the sky, unless/until there's a massive shift in the meta somehow. The free Agonies and ult tech upgrades are always welcome, though.

It's also really nice to see that they're still committed to "the account as the player" with the new Captain X upgrades.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Yea, this ship itself is hot garbage. It's not even full command-spec (which wouldn't save it anyway). The only thing that might be useful is the console, for budget/midrange beam/cannon builds. Most likely it'll be collected and stuck in the Great Mothball in the sky, unless/until there's a massive shift in the meta somehow. The free Agonies and ult tech upgrades are always welcome, though.

It's also really nice to see that they're still committed to "the account as the player" with the new Captain X upgrades.

I mean that quote has always been laughable. Ah yes all those single character lockbox ships, or lockbox traits, or expensive bind to character consoles. Totally the account is the player.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Wizard of the Deep posted:

4/4 with at least ltc command is pretty good for torp builds. But this ship won't be pushing any of the top torp ships out of there spots on the leaderboards.

But it's free and has a nice skin, which is pretty much all I expect from event ships.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So just checking if I finish the event campaign and pick a lockbox ship, is that just going to be for the character who claims the reward? It says that it'll bound to the account, not the character. Am I understanding this right?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

So just checking if I finish the event campaign and pick a lockbox ship, is that just going to be for the character who claims the reward? It says that it'll bound to the account, not the character. Am I understanding this right?

There's two stages, one is the 'T6 Promo Ship Box' which is character bound. Inside of that are all the individual ship boxes to pick from, and the actual ship box is Account-Bound.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Note that the ship itself is a one-shot that is only for the character that opens the account-bound box.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Which is why I'm perusing trait picks to see if there's anything in the C-Store that I don't have that has a decent ship trait or console.

vvv The overall reward, not the mirror Gag

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 13, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Note that the ship itself is a one-shot that is only for the character that opens the account-bound box.

Wait, really? It's not an account-wide unlock?

Yay, skippable event.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Wait, really? It's not an account-wide unlock?

Yay, skippable event.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the big campaign-event (I am at least), not the normal event with the mirror gagarin.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah it's horribly worded which is just cryptic as hell, but while there are portions of the box you can trade, the actual ship is one character only and you can't reclaim on any other.

The Mirror Gagarin should be account wide like other event ships.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the big campaign-event (I am at least), not the normal event with the mirror gagarin.

Yeah, after reading the announcement carefully I think the ship is account-wide:

quote:

Participating in this event grants daily progress towards the Grand Prize: Mirror Universe Gagarin Warship (T6). Additionally, the first character on your account that claims this reward will also receive 8x Terran Empire Agony Phaser Weapon Packs which each contain your choice of starship weapon type, and 3x Ultimate Tech Upgrade - Beam/Cannon/Projectile Tech which may be used to upgrade any starship weaponry. Obtaining the Grand Prize requires 20 daily progress, and Captains can earn one daily progress per account per day by playing any of the following:

Sounds like the ship is account wide, the weapons are once and done.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Some kind soul here gave me a bunch of items that gave me doff missions to power level my character up.

I am now looking to buy some of those to get the commendations done, only I don't know what those items were called so I can't find them on the exchange. And google only tells me I should do doff missions for xp.

Anyone got a thing I can search for?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

Some kind soul here gave me a bunch of items that gave me doff missions to power level my character up.

I am now looking to buy some of those to get the commendations done, only I don't know what those items were called so I can't find them on the exchange. And google only tells me I should do doff missions for xp.

Anyone got a thing I can search for?
"arch rear end" and "ash c" without the quotes will pick most of them up (short for research assignments, zhat vash cold cases and zhat vash case files). But don't use them for anything other than leveling up to 65. They're very expensive and as far as I know they give 0 commendation XP.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Sounds like the ship is account wide, the weapons are once and done.

Yeah they did that once before, with the elachi-themed weapons coming along with the Elachi Frigate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

g0del posted:

"arch rear end" and "ash c" without the quotes will pick most of them up (short for research assignments, zhat vash cold cases and zhat vash case files). But don't use them for anything other than leveling up to 65. They're very expensive and as far as I know they give 0 commendation XP.

Yeah for CXP you want to go to the undine battlezone in the dyson sphere, fly to the middle of the shield thing by the entrance and click on the battlefield tasks button that pops up. There's like 20 high CXP doff missions there that refresh every 24 hours or so. Also decent for low effort leveling if you don't want to spend EC.