Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moldless Bread
Jul 10, 2019
For middle-aged goblin ladies, I could offer these:

They don't look quite like the usual goblin, but maybe close enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bottom left one looks the most world-weary, and I can hue the image green. Thanks!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So, I'm looking for art of sci-fi businesswomen or politician types. Preferably nothing too futuristic - some cybernetics is fine, but not full tilt cyberpunk/shadowrun style. Underwater or orbital background is fine, but not an alien planet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cythereal posted:

So, I'm looking for art of sci-fi businesswomen or politician types. Preferably nothing too futuristic - some cybernetics is fine, but not full tilt cyberpunk/shadowrun style. Underwater or orbital background is fine, but not an alien planet.

Netrunner art is probably a good place to look. Here's two good ones from the runner identities, but I'm sure there's more good ones buried in the rest of the cards too

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Here's Felicia Winters, Shadow President of the Federation in Elite Dangerous:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Odd request: Traditional fantasy races in a modern world dealing with weird problems caused by their species. (Minotaurs having trouble fitting through doors, halflings/gnomes not being able to see over the top of the counter in coffee shops, etc.)

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Countblanc posted:

Netrunner art is probably a good place to look. Here's two good ones from the runner identities, but I'm sure there's more good ones buried in the rest of the cards too

Netrunner has a lot of what you’re looking for! Here are some examples I found that are card art, not full art. I have the full art archived, just not handy.

jeeves fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 15, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Hmmm. None of those are quite the style I'm looking for, but thanks for giving me a tip about other places to look.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I used to have a link for an archive of old etchings and woodcut art from old books. It was quite an extensive archive. Does anyone have a link?

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Help me, dead thread!

I'm going to be playing a half-orc in Eberron, and I'm looking for images of male half-orcs (or creatures that look similar) dressed in a more presentable manner. The character is also nominally in charge of an air ship so I'll take anything from suits, to Indy-type adventurer or weird air pirate - the personality is still in flux so any inspiration is welcome.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
orcs are always stylish, half-orcs about half as much. some of the old arcanum pics were incredibly dapper but I don't know where you'd find them.

does anyone have a collection of black or more african themed paladins? I tried google image search and they were all japanese for some reason.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Psykmoe posted:

Help me, dead thread!

I'm going to be playing a half-orc in Eberron, and I'm looking for images of male half-orcs (or creatures that look similar) dressed in a more presentable manner. The character is also nominally in charge of an air ship so I'll take anything from suits, to Indy-type adventurer or weird air pirate - the personality is still in flux so any inspiration is welcome.

I googled for "dapper orc" and got a whole load of cool stuff, including this fellow:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Psykmoe posted:

Help me, dead thread!

Critical Role's Fjord may fit the air pirate bill

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

boo boo bear posted:

does anyone have a collection of black or more african themed paladins? I tried google image search and they were all japanese for some reason.
"Black paladin" and "African paladin" both yield some great results on Pinterest.

Edit: Not paladins exclusively, but these two boards have a lot of awesome paladins and paladin-adjacent characters:

https://www.pinterest.com/jeremyv12/black-fantasy-charachters/
https://www.pinterest.com/Brokenrev/black-fantasy/

DressCodeBlue fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 30, 2021

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

boo boo bear posted:

Not a collection, and it's arguable how paladin-y it really is, but I quite like this piece of artwork regardless.

https://twitter.com/eeliskyttanen/status/1283789445989167104

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

MMAgCh posted:

Not a collection, and it's arguable how paladin-y it really is, but I quite like this piece of artwork regardless.

https://twitter.com/eeliskyttanen/status/1283789445989167104

beautiful. could work as a paladin from aedyr in pillars of eternity, I think they wear something similar looking.

DressCodeBlue posted:

"Black paladin" and "African paladin" both yield some great results on Pinterest.

never thought to look on pintrest, so thanks for that as well. there's some really great stuff on here, found my paladin of torag.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Pinterest is pretty much my go to, though Twitter can also be helpful.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I photoshopped this thin white duke forever ago and found it again recently. Maybe it will suit someone’s character needs.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Baron Snow posted:

I photoshopped this thin white duke forever ago and found it again recently. Maybe it will suit someone’s character needs.

One of the world's most famous goblins.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Poking the dead thread with a bit of an odd request. Namely looking for art of lady FBI Agent types, though hopefully more the mundane desk work or investigating type rather than guns blazing. It's hard to find without it crossing over into cheesecake.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
For what it's worth, here's the art I found for my sci-fi businesswoman I was looking for. Both are a little more cheesecake than I'd prefer, but eh.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It's a game set in the 80's, so sadly sci fi is a no go.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Eimi posted:

Poking the dead thread with a bit of an odd request. Namely looking for art of lady FBI Agent types, though hopefully more the mundane desk work or investigating type rather than guns blazing. It's hard to find without it crossing over into cheesecake.

Don't have the time to dig anything out but if photos are okay Clarice Starling is the obvious go to. Otherwise there was a game called Virginia a few years back that had you playing as a black female FBI agent.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Party Boat posted:

Don't have the time to dig anything out but if photos are okay Clarice Starling is the obvious go to. Otherwise there was a game called Virginia a few years back that had you playing as a black female FBI agent.

Best thing I've managed so far is stumbling upon some avatar gen stuff from that xfiles mobile game that got cancelled. Shame I can't the avatar generator itself but this facebook page I found has a decent selection.
https://m.facebook.com/xfilesgame/photos/?tab=album&album_id=485589795210613

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Oh yeah I saw a couple of those.

Here's some Veronica Mars fanart I found that might fit the bill?

And this is from Virginia which is a bit more stylised

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

You could use some of the assets from Phantom Doctrine.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

If anyone is in need of some really weird monster designs, this is a great artist to follow:

https://twitter.com/mochimochi_rkgk/status/1402974480771653645

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone have a good collection of hi-res Dragonlance art?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Topic-relevant but not directly an art request - how do you guys actually organize and use your art collections? Even sorted by genre and with some subdivision in each one (fantasy stuff has characters by species, scenes by type, etc), my collection's grown far beyond my ability to really use it for anything.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I only sort my art collection by Setting and Character. I use the Settings to show to my players to give them a sense of the vibe a game might have, or I'll build a dungeon or something specifically corelating to a cool piece of art. For characters, I mostly use them as references and inspiration for when I draw my own character art.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SkyeAuroline posted:

Topic-relevant but not directly an art request - how do you guys actually organize and use your art collections? Even sorted by genre and with some subdivision in each one (fantasy stuff has characters by species, scenes by type, etc), my collection's grown far beyond my ability to really use it for anything.

When it comes to roll20 tiles, I have a pretty systematic naming system. Gender-race-class/profession-physical descriptors, and when I need to find something, I can type "goblinthief" in the search window and typically get examples to choose from.

Might not be so practical for a really big archive, but I have hundreds of tiles and the system works well so far. I'm rarely struggling to get a tile down in a timely fashion

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
My current campaign uses a lot of folks with facial or full-body tattoos. Might be some character inspiration here!

Does anyone have good illos of feudal fantasy mecha? I've pillaged Escaflowne and some of the cooler D&D warforged, but I could use some giant gently caress-off metal juggernauts. The only challenge is that the setting has no guns or missiles, which cuts out a lot of options.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
Iron Kingdom/Warmachine stuff from Privateer Press? Official art plays up the smokestacks and steampunk, but the models themselves look like something that could be magically powered in a feudal setting.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Dragonmech springs to mind... an entire 3e D&D Heartbreaker based around mechs. Some of them have ballista mounted on the shoulders, but most ranged options came from mech sized wands mounted on the arms.

e: More cannons than I remember, but still a lot of sword only designs here. I'll pick some out.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Squidster posted:

Does anyone have good illos of feudal fantasy mecha? I've pillaged Escaflowne and some of the cooler D&D warforged, but I could use some giant gently caress-off metal juggernauts. The only challenge is that the setting has no guns or missiles, which cuts out a lot of options.

Had a few lying around - Emerson Tung is a drat goldmine.

Last 2 might technically just be armor but no reason that you can't imagine them to be mechanical within.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 6, 2021

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Can't help but assume a lot of future character art people will be using is going to be coming from https://www.artbreeder.com/browse

I mean I made this in a couple minutes of just messing around.

Not exactly a design I would actually use for a pc, but I can easily see someone else doing it. It is insanely flexible.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Twibbit posted:

Can't help but assume a lot of future character art people will be using is going to be coming from https://www.artbreeder.com/browse

Not exactly a design I would actually use for a pc, but I can easily see someone else doing it. It is insanely flexible.

This is really neat, thanks for sharing!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Twibbit posted:

Oh yeah, I heard about Artbreeder a year ago from someone using it just for that. I kinda wish that uploads didn't require a subscription and you could upload more than just portraits.

Also, pretty sure I had a hand in piece. The long-ear elf image I uploaded a year ago has surprisingly a lot of children.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I am going to play a warforged artificer in a dungeon world game. Does anyone have any good images or tips on where to look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.
Got my human fighter commissioned.