Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
imo, Xingqiu and Bennett are the two characters you want to pick up from the shop if you don't have them yet. You could go months without them otherwise. Xingqiu will likely be on a banner soon though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Seirai singlehandedly solves this i feel like, but yeah you do need to go out of your way to actually farm a bit. with the new islands they do show up in Emergency commissions there, for a bit of help.

farming specters just reminds how annoying it is knowing the handbook doesn't reveal all enemies, and it just feels like they were really skimpy on both their drops and Kokomi's local specialty. makes me wonder if Tsurumi will have another influx of this stuff to coincide with Aloy being available on all platforms.

There's another part of Inazuma?! Wow I really don't follow anything but the new characters.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

There's another part of Inazuma?! Wow I really don't follow anything but the new characters.

I think Inazuma was always supposed to consist of six main islands. We have seen five thus far.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
They told us about one island during the 1.6 stream that we haven't been to yet. Though they didn't reveal anything about it other than it was covered in fog

I don't even know if it's been mentioned at all in the story, main or side.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah the 1.6 stream had Yae stop by and they teased stuff via concept art, so we've known somewhat how the area was going to expand, ignoring obvious stuff like Seirai being super imposing even back in 2.0

presumably this stuff doesn't take the place of further areas a la Dragonspine (apparently Watatsumi has a questline regarding a likely one) but i kinda hope we see Chasm before that. Tsurumi is in the 2.2 leaks though, yeah. Thoma's local specialty presumably will come from there since it's new.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I can't imagine they'd skip and update leaving the statues and tree impossible to complete, so I'd expect Tsurumi in 2.2. That said, I would have thought they'd give us the Chasm instead of a temporary exploration area (that's just crazy tbh) so what do I know?

Regarding glitter: I'd never buy a constellation. I've been playing (welkin +bp but never just pulls) since launch and most of the 4*s are c6. That said, I would definitely have bought characters I didn't own yet when I was just starting out and couldn't switch my team comp at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some constellations are extremely good. Xingqiu's C1 just gives him an extra rain sword which, when he's starting with 3, is a massive increase. In terms of buying constellations, if you're making use of them frequently, most characters have a constellation 'breakpoint' where they become noticeably better, so it's worth looking at what you'd get from it. Benny's C1 is also nice since it makes it so you don't have to be above 70% health to get the attack boost.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is the 6th island supposed to be temporary?

don't like those tbh, just leave them in the game

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Playing for a year and spending ~$150 in mtx (if you got every battlepass and kept welkin up) is definitely going to make a big difference.
Getting an important constellation on a key 4* in their team is probably worth it to a f2p especially someone who hasn't played since launch and doesn't necessarily plan on playing for 2+ years. But just getting random crap constellations to get closer to C6 is probably not worth it.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

No. The island has electroculi, electro sigils and such that are needed to complete Inazuma.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's good then, tbh I was wondering whether there were enough of those to finish the blessings without another island

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no they even capped the tree again so you can only gain 10 levels this patch, or something

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taratang posted:

Noelle can go even higher if you add Bennett back into the comparison :colbert:

Ben...who? Didn't see any girl in the game with that name =w=

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Ben...who? Didn't see any girl in the game with that name =w=

hey this is gender discrimination
you're also completely ignoring kujou "bennett but worse" sara

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Manatee Cannon posted:

If there's a temporary area in Inazuma, it's probably Ekonomiya -- the undersea part of Sangonomiya island that we got a sidequest to unseal this patch and never got to actually see or go to.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S A FIFTH ISLAND I NEVER ACTUALLY SAW BECAUSE I DIDNT SCROLL THE MAP LEFT FAR ENOUGH

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mix. posted:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S A FIFTH ISLAND I NEVER ACTUALLY SAW BECAUSE I DIDNT SCROLL THE MAP LEFT FAR ENOUGH

it was added in patch 2.1, you didn't just miss it for months
but the main archon quests should take you there eventually so it can't hide forever

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

hey this is gender discrimination
you're also completely ignoring kujou "bennett but worse" sara

I'd roll for Kujou, because tengu are nice aesthetics (and it would further expand my bow dominance), but she's on Raiden's banner and I just can't bring myself to pull there :( Had enough unwanted 5*s already and my 4*s is complete aside of Sara...

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
As a new player, how important is it to spend your resin? It doesn't feel like the Leylines do much, but maybe Mora gets more important over time?

Also man, the gacha rates are unfavorable. Feels bad to roll and get a bunch of 3* weapons. Game's fun though, and I assume there are some players who don't engage much with the gacha and just check back in whenever new content drops.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Redmark posted:

As a new player, how important is it to spend your resin? It doesn't feel like the Leylines do much, but maybe Mora gets more important over time?

Also man, the gacha rates are unfavorable. Feels bad to roll and get a bunch of 3* weapons. Game's fun though, and I assume there are some players who don't engage much with the gacha and just check back in whenever new content drops.

Resin is necessary for pretty much any long-term ways to increase your power. Leylines aren't the best use of it though, in most cases. Usually you use it for domains or world bosses.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i considered saving up starglitter for extra constellations but i am impatient and keep blowing it all on wishes instead

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

U-DO Burger posted:

i considered saving up starglitter for extra constellations but i am impatient and keep blowing it all on wishes instead

I didn't save and now Xingqiu is on sale and I don't have him yet and I don't have the points.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Redmark posted:

Resin isn't too big a deal at the start of the game because at higher AR, the various domains and bosses have better drops. The leylines too - you'll go from greens and 3-4 blue books to blues and 4-5 purple books as your world level increases, so resin spend is a lot more important at high AR/world level. Probably the most important way to spend resin early on is fighting world bosses for ascension materials.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Spending your resin on the world bosses for ascension mats pays off in the long run.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Been working on my Albedo and got this cup today:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Shook up the teams slightly and did slightly better than normal this abyss.

As I always say however, the abyss still sucks rear end.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Detheros posted:

Shook up the teams slightly and did slightly better than normal this abyss.

As I always say however, the abyss still sucks rear end.

I only 3 starred 12-1-2 this time because the enemies blinked into venti's tornado range, and I had Bennet and raiden ults up to really nail both of them. Followed that up a Mona bubble pop on both of them managed to vape on both of them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Redmark posted:

you'll definitely get gated by mora at points, but also as your world level increases you'll get more rewards from that stuff, so don't spend resin restoratives yet.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Ultima66 posted:

Been working on my Albedo and got this cup today:

Reminds me of the cup I got for my Noelle some months back.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You won’t even remember resin exists until ar25. It becomes the main source of xp at like 30ish. Maybe 40 now that inazuma is out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i do think you should try and spend it as you get it up till then just because it will save you a lot of time in the longrun and takes like 10 minutes a day tops.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wish you could hold more than 5 condensed. Had to go on vacation this last weekend and it would have been nice to just pump all my resin from a couple days time into condensed. Even if it were just increased to 10, that would be helpful.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Played this game on and off for well over 50 hours, it's incredible how much of a game you're getting for free. New content added all the time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Two great new arti farm spots this patch. One is the shipwreck on Seirai, one is the hoarder nook on Watatsumi where you find Rinzo's note that tells you about the one piece.

As a side note the shipwreck and Neko were probably my favorite content this patch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What stats are good on Mona if you want to do the DPS nuke? I have no idea what I should be improving. Is it just Energy Recharge and the Crits?

Redmark posted:

I don't know how far you are in the story but Liyue and Mondstadt both have reputation quests that give great things. Mondstadt gives you a crafting guide for a gadget that lets you shortcut food to a slot and Liyue has one that lets you turn resin into condensed resin that won't go to waste in your inventory.

And you have to engage with the gacha because you're only getting 6 characters for free otherwise. Now, if you mean not having to spend money to use it then yeah absolutely, that's totally valid.

No Wave posted:

As a side note the shipwreck and Neko were probably my favorite content this patch.

I solved the initial puzzle entirely on accident and only afterwards did I realize how it worked.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Catching up on the story quests and I cannot stand Kokomi's VA. The vibe from her plus Gorou plus Teppei combine to make "the resistance" feel more like a group of LARPers or those historical re-enactment people, rather than a legitimate armed civilian uprising.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dub of this game is not very good. its a shame cause the idea of a gacha game with a dub is cool and some of the VAs are giving it a good shot but the vocal direction just isnt there

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Her English VA is also really really new, at least professionally, which doesn't help. She's got five roles on imdb, and the oldest one is only from a year and a half ago.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I recall one of the VAs saying that they basically got their lines with very little context and only a few notes for direction. Getting really crisp delivery really requires VAs working together, preferably in the same room, but that's obviously more expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can tell that the voice director basically was handed a list of characters that are this and that tropes, and he leaned into it super hard. See super depresso barbara instead of the cool Genki girl we had for awhile, or how almost all of the non-plot characters are their gimmick.