Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

New game pass offerings. Are any of these good?

-Flynn: Son of Crimson (PC/X)
-I Am Fish (PC/X)
-SkateBird (PC/X)
-Superliminal (PC/X)
-Aragami 2 (PC/X)
-Lost Words (PC/X)
-Sable (PC/X)
-Subnautica: Below Zero (PC/X)
-Tainted Gail (PC)
-Lemnis Gate (PC/X)
-Astria Ascending

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09/14/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-september-update-2021/

highlights are Sable and Lost Words for me, but Flynn, I Am Fish, and Unsighted also look interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Aragami 2 is on the radar of stealth game fans. It's pretty much the last game doing the splinter cell/tenchu thing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Superliminal is a delightful little puzzler I don't regret buying due to seeing it at GDQ a year ago. It does suffer from some truly Galaxy Brain self indulgence audio log wankery that seemingly every goddamn art game does at the end but the early stuff is funny and the plot I thought it was going for is much better

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I threw out my back yesterday so I ended up streaming Yakuza 7 to my laptop while I laid in bed. This whole Xbox eco system is amazing, that was my first experience with streaming and it worked without a hitch

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

American McGay posted:

The old quote a post but change a word. Never gets old, and is always really funny.

I wasn't making a joke, it's literally how those laws are made. :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemnis gate is that weird time loop "you go, i go" fps pvp shooter.

Supposedly fun

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Thom12255 posted:

Subnautica Below Zero I hear is a fun enough game but doesn't quite reach the heights of the first one.

It’s Subnautica with a boring story that it really didn’t need, but still fun for a while because Subnautica is fun.

Anyway, I’m interested in Sable and Arigami. I like the idea of Lemnis Gate but have a feeling I will be very bad at it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

It's a little weird to me that I haven't heard of a single one of those games except for subnautica.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Huh. I just realized I thought Deathloop was Lemnis Gate.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deathloop is mostly single player with a tacked on "piss off your friends" invasion mode like watchdogs 2 had.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Deathloop is mostly single player with a tacked on "piss off your friends" invasion mode like watchdogs 2 had.

welp that's getting turned off tout suite

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
apparently deathloop pvp uses p2p instead of dedicated servers so matches usually become laggy messes

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Heck yea skate bird

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Snacksmaniac posted:

Heck yea skate bird

I was going to ask why everyone was sleeping on skatebirb.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtabisblTDg

lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Akuma posted:

I'm fairly baffled that people didn't know what Deathloop was until now. Baffled.

https://twitter.com/univbee/status/1413479023112605698?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

I'm fairly baffled that people didn't know what Deathloop was until now. Baffled.

So I don't like watching too many trailers for games as I don't like getting spoiled. The first few bits of Deathloop marketing had me convinced it was some sort of online-only co-op game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PS5 ssd expansion patch finally went live, but didn't automatically download, doesn't even tell you that it's unlocked the SSD port so normies won't even know, and was significantly more of a pain to install than the Xbox one. Especially in my cabinet. I probably lost more game saves, as I do every time I touch my PS5. Xbox stays winning.

4.4ish TBs of console storage on deck

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Mount that poo poo

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So I don't like watching too many trailers for games as I don't like getting spoiled. The first few bits of Deathloop marketing had me convinced it was some sort of online-only co-op game.
What! Where did you get co-op from? Online only I can get because of the Juliana stuff...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TheScott2K posted:

Mount that poo poo

Counterpoint: no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

What! Where did you get co-op from? Online only I can get because of the Juliana stuff...

I have no idea!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

There’s probably a happy medium between trailers that are slick presentations that don’t communicate anything about the game and trailers that are 5 minutes of gameplay a la Square Enix marketing.

Deathloop is definitely in the former category, but I think it’s kind of a Cyberpunk 2077 situation where if you read between the lines it’s fairly clear it’s simply another Arkane game just like 2077 was simply another CDPR game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

New game pass offerings. Are any of these good?

-Flynn: Son of Crimson (PC/X)
-I Am Fish (PC/X)
-SkateBird (PC/X)
-Superliminal (PC/X)
-Aragami 2 (PC/X)
-Lost Words (PC/X)
-Sable (PC/X)
-Subnautica: Below Zero (PC/X)
-Tainted Gail (PC)
-Lemnis Gate (PC/X)
-Astria Ascending

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09/14/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-september-update-2021/

Skatebird is what I am most excited for.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

There’s probably a happy medium between trailers that are slick presentations that don’t communicate anything about the game and trailers that are 5 minutes of gameplay a la Square Enix marketing.

Deathloop is definitely in the former category, but I think it’s kind of a Cyberpunk 2077 situation where if you read between the lines it’s fairly clear it’s simply another Arkane game just like 2077 was simply another CDPR game.
Bethesda has this strange thing where their marketing teams can be utter garbage at times, but the games somehow magically still end up being good and successful, almost out of spite. See also: Doom 2016, which looked really bad (and had a pretty uninspiring open multiplayer beta) until some raw unedited single player gameplay footage from a GPU conference floated online.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BF 2042 delayed until 19 Nov, awful close to halo release date.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, Red Dead II is probably the prettiest looking game I've ever played (or one of them, at least) but everything takes so goddamn long to do. I guess that's the point of it being set in 1899 when things were slower, but Jesus.

Also I kinda hate that bounty hunters can detect you riding on horseback and shoot you dead before you have the opportunity to take them out. On paper I guess that sounds like cool emergent gameplay, but in execution it sucks.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What was the original release date? I've got that one pre-ordered.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Man, Red Dead II is probably the prettiest looking game I've ever played (or one of them, at least) but everything takes so goddamn long to do. I guess that's the point of it being set in 1899 when things were slower, but Jesus.

Also I kinda hate that bounty hunters can detect you riding on horseback and shoot you dead before you have the opportunity to take them out. On paper I guess that sounds like cool emergent gameplay, but in execution it sucks.

What was the original release date? I've got that one pre-ordered.

No, it got moved from October 22

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

And CoD.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I am guessing Pluto TV got yanked from the App Store? Wish they’d at least say why. I didn’t use it a whole lot, but more options is nicer

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I really want to see the new COD tank. I know it will still do well because there are swathes of smoothbrains that but it every year like its FIFA with guns, but I want so badly for it to fail.

MW2019 was the best COD since MW2, cold war went right back to sucking.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Laserface posted:

MW2019 was the best COD since MW2, cold war went right back to sucking.

loving a, Activision somehow made a good COD in MW19 and proceeded to completely poo poo on it with warmed over maps from 2010.

And don't even get me started on how Warzone has went downhill.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

loving a, Activision somehow made a good COD in MW19 and proceeded to completely poo poo on it with warmed over maps from 2010.

And don't even get me started on how Warzone has went downhill.

Granted we gave it a lot of time because a) COVID and b) cross platform but yeah, the formula was right for MW2019 and I ahvent played a game as much as this in a looong time. Cold War didnt feel the same to play at all and looked like a cheap quake mod (yes, I know COD is/was a quake mod essentially)

I didnt hate the maps, some of the rehashed ones were good choices but Warzone and the COD hub thing that meant you had to have warzone installed and then get hit with all the updates that repeatedly broke MW2019 despite not actually changing anything in MW2019.

and yeah I've had enough of 'guy with a 4x scope on a sniper can jump, scope in and shoot you for a one hit kill before you can get a bead on him with a mp5 w/ red dot' for the next few years.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Has anyone ever pre-ordered videos games using Amazon Prime? I'm thinking about ordering the Halo Infinite Steelbook edition. Would I expect the game to be delivered on the date of release? Will my card be charged immediately, or would it be charged when the game comes out?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Has anyone ever pre-ordered videos games using Amazon Prime? I'm thinking about ordering the Halo Infinite Steelbook edition. Would I expect the game to be delivered on the date of release? Will my card be charged immediately, or would it be charged when the game comes out?

It charges when it ships and usually it's release day, and even though Amazon sucks poo poo now you are usually pretty safe with game preorders. It's not like they get a big bin full of counterfeits and you'll wind up with with Helo: Continuation instead or anything.

e: boilerplate disclaimer not to preorder video games though as I f5 frantically for the pixel remasters of FF5 and 6 to release

v Hardware I've never preordered, but I've always gotten my games on release date. Probably depends on how close you are to an Amazon warehouse, since those are still typically stocked in one unless you're buying from a third party. v

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 16, 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

You'd be charged when it ships, but I've never gotten any preorder I've done through Amazon the day of release. They're god awful with preorders. The last thing I preordered through them was the 8bitdo Pro 2 controller, and on the day of release its expected delivery date jumped from day of release to 2 weeks away.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

njsykora posted:

You'd be charged when it ships, but I've never gotten any preorder I've done through Amazon the day of release. They're god awful with preorders. The last thing I preordered through them was the 8bitdo Pro 2 controller, and on the day of release its expected delivery date jumped from day of release to 2 weeks away.

Same.

I the PS5 I pre ordered months before launch was still two days after release day. It wasn’t a supply issue because it shipped on release day lol.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I've had Amazon preorders arrive on release day more often than not, but they always make a point of saying release day delivery when you check out.

Then again I've had some of these show up a few days late, so there's not much rhyme or reason to it.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Digital arrives on time every time :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Rageaholic posted:

Every once in a while someone says that everything in RDR2 is so drat slow and then I come in to say that that is the best part of the game imo.

Also, why are they doing another GTA5 remaster instead of an RDR2 remaster, dammit. Or at least make it 60fps because I want to dive back in.