Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

laserghost posted:

You can play two player T2 Arcade on SNES using two mice. This works in Revolution X too. Probably also Operation Thunderbolt

Also, you can drive the car in Lamborghini American Challenge using the mouse, it's pretty fun
lemmings 2 on the snes has support for the super scope, you can shoot your lemmings and they blow up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Kins posted:

lemmings 2 on the snes has support for the super scope, you can shoot your lemmings and they blow up

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its a reverse duck hunt 2 player mode

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

The Kins posted:

lol awesome

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Kins posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

• Name your lemmings
  • Dynamic lemming testicles, they shrink and grow in cold weather
  • You can shoot your lemmings
  • Your hat will ALWAYS be back on your lemmings

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In lttp if a wall master grabs you while you're using the magic cape, he'll still grab you but won't teleport you and if you wait until he lands again and deactivate the cape it kills him instantly

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the main character of mega man battle network is named Lan like Local Area Network
i'm not sure how I missed this when most of the other names are computer references

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

quote:

Miniblins are rather weak on their own and can be easily defeated with just the Hero's Sword. What they lack in strength they make up for by surrounding Link in large groups and attacking quickly.[3] Miniblins will actively follow Link, and can also climb after him up ladders and walls. If Link finds himself facing a Miniblin swarm without his Sword, he can drop All-Purpose Bait to distract them and make his escape. They are also vulnerable to the Skull Hammer. The Skull Hammer can be used to evoke humorous cries from them; smashing the ground will send nearby Miniblins sky high, and swinging it sideways will send them flying into nearby walls. Strangely, if Link distances himself from them, Miniblins will attempt to locate the nearest supply of water and kill themselves by jumping into it.

was doing some -blin research and found some cool facts.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you touch Bowser on the same frame that you touch the axe in SMB you beat the level but the death animation/sound plays simultaneously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn_xIgxURoA

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

If you touch Bowser on the same frame that you touch the axe in SMB you beat the level but the death animation/sound plays simultaneously.

i used to try to do that all the time

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Do you lose a life?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i dont think so. i believe the life loss happens on the screen transition after you die, which doesnt happen in this case

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

lol awesome. I remember doing this by mistake one time and being very confused

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah it just happened to me today and I was like wtf how have I never seen this.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
If you do the same thing while you have the fire flower, in the next stage you will have both the fire flower and will be small at the same time.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The Kins posted:

i recently tried all of the super scope games including this one (with my actual childhood scope) and it kicks rear end

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021
https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Tomb_of_the_Ancients_secret what the poo poo?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Rapidly went from "big deal, an unused out of bounds area" to "what the gently caress lol"

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Rapidly went from "big deal, an unused out of bounds area" to "what the gently caress lol"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if you go through FTL using a strategy where you target the enemy crew directly to capture their ships without relying on ship-to-ship firepower, like boarding, mind control, oxygen deprivation, etc., and you manage to take out the entire crew of the rebel flagship, the game displays a unique message telling you to go gently caress yourself

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cubone posted:

if you go through FTL using a strategy where you target the enemy crew directly to capture their ships without relying on ship-to-ship firepower, like boarding, mind control, oxygen deprivation, etc., and you manage to take out the entire crew of the rebel flagship, the game displays a unique message telling you to go gently caress yourself

lmfao, yeah that whole things hosed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cubone posted:

I just read it becomes automated and even hacked systems revert? That's brutal and kinda lame it feels

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

I just read it becomes automated and even hacked systems revert? That's brutal and kinda lame it feels

It also gets more difficult as a result, to uh punish you for engaging with the game systems I guess. I could be wrong but I think this was patched in too so they intentionally made it more annoying than it already was

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Cubone posted:

yeah it does that because normally killing the crew would just end the fight. i usually just keep 1 guy alive to prevent this

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

chrono cross lets you run from any fight without a chance of failure, but i didnt know that it also extended to bosses. running from bosses gives you unique scenes that happen while giving you a chance to heal your whole party with items and try again fresh. in at least one case that ive tried it during in my current playthrough it let me completely skip an early boss fight

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
The poison butterfly set in Dark Souls 2 changes your jump physics

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Simply Simon posted:

The poison butterfly set in Dark Souls 2 changes your jump physics

That's a good one. It also poisons any enemy you get close to but this unfortunately includes some NPCs which will immediately go hostile to you lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If you have a surfing pikachu in Pokemon Yellow and use surf then your sprite becomes surfing pikachu.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

If you have a surfing pikachu in Pokemon Yellow and use surf then your sprite becomes surfing pikachu.

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

chrono cross lets you run from any fight without a chance of failure, but i didnt know that it also extended to bosses. running from bosses gives you unique scenes that happen while giving you a chance to heal your whole party with items and try again fresh. in at least one case that ive tried it during in my current playthrough it let me completely skip an early boss fight

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
I was replaying Uncharted 1 recently and discovered that you can "die" at the start of Chapter 10 by walking out of the customs house towards the jet ski, or towards the area you just explored in the previous chapter. This causes 2 of Eddie's goons to spawn in the customs house offscreen and kill Elena. The camera will show her body next to the enemies and this triggers the black and white filter and sound that plays when Drake dies and you will restart at the checkpoint (in other words, a death). I never tried walking out the door before and didn't know that was possible to "die" in this game without actually dying, and I think this might be the only example of this happening in this particular entry in the series. It actually kinda scared me at first because I wasn't expecting it and wasn't sure what was happening lmao. I wonder if something similar can happen at other points in the game.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

GorfZaplen posted:

Getting surfing Pikachu without cheat codes was a loving nightmare.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/ENQ7rSSmgr8

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

drat, I can't believe I never did that, despite getting a surfing pikachu at one point! Pretty good though haha - especially since I wouldn't have put it past them to use that typical t-rex-/cubone-/tyranitar-eqsue sprite instead though, that they use for half the 'mons in their team screen :D
(I don't know any other way of describing the one...you know, one of the like, four different sprites they had for the different pokemon, in your team management page)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My gf taught me today that if you hold shift while using the pencil in ms paint you make a straight line

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

GorfZaplen posted:

My gf taught me today that if you hold shift while using the pencil in ms paint you make a straight line

You can do the same for shapes to get a perfect square instead of a rectangle, circle instead of oval, etc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PROTIP: To defeat Clippy, shoot him until he dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Huh, I knew you could do this with shapes (like signalnoise mentioned) and lines, but I never thought to try that with the pencil tool of all things! I always figured it wouldn't let you - like how it doesn't have that functionality with the paint brush tool.