Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I mean, it was to be expected - it focuses on not-china and is more "high fantasy". Probably the worst thing I've seen was one guy referring to lumineth as "sushimen elves" - after that I decided for one's mental health it's better not to open comment sections under anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'd buy a bunch of those balloon models and hand cannons for an ersatz Kharadron army.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Mors Rattus posted:

You know, that’s fair, but also they still make Bonesplitterz.

People like to point at Bonesplittaz as being some sort of horrible analogy, but they're just tech-inept Orcs and there's nothing inherently racist or demeaning about that. When I look at them, I see "Flinstones-style caveman" and not any sort of racist trope.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

berzerkmonkey posted:

People like to point at Bonesplittaz as being some sort of horrible analogy, but they're just tech-inept Orcs and there's nothing inherently racist or demeaning about that. When I look at them, I see "Flinstones-style caveman" and not any sort of racist trope.

Older minis I can see some complaints but looking at newer ones (underworlds war band) I would think captain caveman is what they will be going for in the future

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

App is available. For now you can see all the rules and warscrolls on there for free with a working army builder.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

berzerkmonkey posted:

Dude they’re literally spearchucking orcs with topknots literally called “savages” and using witch doctor stereotype imagery.

The well is poisoned.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Covermeinsunshine posted:

I mean, it was to be expected - it focuses on not-china and is more "high fantasy". Probably the worst thing I've seen was one guy referring to lumineth as "sushimen elves" - after that I decided for one's mental health it's better not to open comment sections under anything

The Herp Derp addon for Firefox has significantly improved my youtube experience.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Covermeinsunshine posted:

The YT fullscreen windows app/script has really helped me feel that there isn't any comment section at all.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Talas posted:

App is available. For now you can see all the rules and warscrolls on there for free with a working army builder.

Yeah, it... works fine. And looks like it already has the new Stormcast codex stuff added? So, neat.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Yeah, it... works fine. And looks like it already has the new Stormcast codex stuff added? So, neat.

Some stuff of the new 3.0 battletomes is still locked, like specific command traits and enhancements. I guess we'll need the codes in the books to see them.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

The new app is very similar to the 40K app except it actually works.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
There are a few annoying things about this app but generally I don't mind it. I feel like azyr was more user friendly though?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’m hearing that WD updated the Slaves to Darkness units that couldn’t take marks to be able to, now. Which means Darkoath generals can finally work as leaders of Marauders armies!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3DSRJ8N

Don't forget to leave feedback about the app since its a beta.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

So far I really prefer the old app to the new app.

For list building, it mixes allies and non-allies in the selection, so for some armies there's a bunch of stuff to scroll through.

The other thing I don't like here so far is how they group units. In the old app, you got a heading per unit type, and you added based on unit type. It made it much quicker to scan what was where, and where you were relative to limits.

Exporting the army is way better, at least.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Feedback form is there for that, at least?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Oh jeez.

Yeah works just fine with something with a limited roster like a soulblight army.

Trying to make a SCE army is a nightmare because you're just loving buried in unsorted allied/coalition units.

There's a search and all but holy hell they need some sorting options.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Trying to make a SCE army is a nightmare because you're just loving buried in unsorted allied/coalition units.

I mean, you can sort by battlefield role, but they probably should add sliders for ally factions. List output format could use some work as well

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bagrada posted:

Old World/Total Warham info, but a Cathay trailer is up for TWW3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033FWxL22A0

You know, looking at the lore for the Dragon Emperor on the Warhammer Community website...we've never gotten Dracothion's backstory, have we?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I have finally found pictures of the new Slaves to Darkness rule changes, though not the new Path to Glory stuff.

Ogroid Myrmidon, Darkoath Warchief and Darkoath Warqueen all now get a Mark of Chaos, like every other Leader.

Cultists may now be given a Mark as well, and if they share a Mark with your General, they are Battleline.

One new Grand Strategies:
Dominating Presence: When the battle ends, have at least one friendly Slaves to Darkness unit wholly within each; large quadrant of the field.

Two new Battle Tactics:
In Thrall to Chaos: Pick 1 objective within 12" of any enemy units. If by end of turn there are no enemy units within 12" of it, you complete the tactic.
Lust for Power: Pick 1 friendly Slaves to Darkness Hero with the Eye of the Gods keyword. You complete the tactic if you roll on the Eye of the Gods Table with that Hero this turn.

Two new Core Battalions:
Chaos Warband: Contains 1 S2D Leader, 4-8 of any S2D units that aren't Leaders, Behemoths or Varanguard, and 0-1 S2D Behemoths. Gives either Unified or Slayers.
Overlords of Chaos: Contains 3-6 Varanguard units. Gives either Unified or Expert.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Fun app fact: if a unit is Battleline, the app can’t consider them to have any other role.

Which means a Thunder Lizard Stegadon can’t be placed an Alphabeast battalion, but can be in a Hunters if the Hinterlands.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

I think that's actually how it works since conditional Battleline monsters lose the Behemoth role, which is what the battalions require.

likewise for Kharadron's ships who lose the War Machine role depending on your skyport.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

This is weird and silly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AOS app has stopped working altogether rip

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

oh huh there *is* a menu that lets you filter out allies, coalition allies, and factionless Gotrek

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Der Waffle Mous posted:

oh huh there *is* a menu that lets you filter out allies, coalition allies, and factionless Gotrek

Top right. It's annoying to use.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is this a dumbass army and what should I replace the banner with that's thunderstrike armour? I can always break the vindictors into MSU but idk I might cast buffs on them all. Also the app doesn't let me make the dragons battleline with a draconis general which is wrong?

E: something like this looks alright tbh.

JBP fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 16, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Oh jeez.

Yeah works just fine with something with a limited roster like a soulblight army.

There are filters. You can make the allies and coalition units go away.

Edit: Just realized you noticed it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JBP posted:

Is this a dumbass army and what should I replace the banner with that's thunderstrike armour? I can always break the vindictors into MSU but idk I might cast buffs on them all. Also the app doesn't let me make the dragons battleline with a draconis general which is wrong?

E: something like this looks alright tbh.

Have you clicked on the Knight Draconis to appoint him as a general? Also I think it's the Hammers of Sigmar Stormhost that allows Battleline dragons not having a Knight Draconis general.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

Have you clicked on the Knight Draconis to appoint him as a general? Also I think it's the Hammers of Sigmar Stormhost that allows Battleline dragons not having a Knight Draconis general.

Yeah I made him the general. It doesn't bother all that much because I think taking a bunch of vindictors to hold objectives is still a good idea. I'm also Hammers of Sigmar lol.

Wow master of the celestial menagerie seems insane

E: could drop the vindictors and take hammernators :hmmorks:

JBP fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 16, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JBP posted:

Yeah I made him the general. It doesn't bother all that much because I think taking a bunch of vindictors to hold objectives is still a good idea. I'm also Hammers of Sigmar lol.

Wow master of the celestial menagerie seems insane

E: could drop the vindictors and take hammernators :hmmorks:

I just checked on the app the New Dragons are battleline if you have one of the Draconith brothers or a Stardrake as a general.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Right now, my big question before dragons arrive is "are paladins finally worth it". Because retributor stat line looks decently beefy. On the other hand, new hammer annihilators are only 5 points more expensive (3 models vs 5 tho)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just checked on the app the New Dragons are battleline if you have one of the Draconith brothers or a Stardrake as a general.

Yeah I think I'll stick with hammers though because the 6+ ward seems pretty nice.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/16/gen-con-a-shadowy-new-season-of-warhammer-underworlds-revealed/

Our first Gencon reveal of the week is the new Underworlds warbands teased before.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hey, the new season is going to be located in Ulgu. Maybe the focus of AoS will go there next time, like they did with Beastgrave and Ghur.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I like that the Stormcast are branching out on which animals they put on their armor. Boar, owl and eagle (or aetherwing or whatever)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did not realize the Kruleboyz now had their own Micolash lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
really hoping the river temple lumineth animal spirit is an elephant or a hippo or something cool

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Apparently GW forgot to give the sloggoth guy the Kruleboyz keyword. I'd check the new app but it seems to not work any more...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Marmaduke! posted:

Apparently GW forgot to give the sloggoth guy the Kruleboyz keyword. I'd check the new app but it seems to not work any more...
It doesn't have that keyword in the app yet.

By the way, the app got an update today. If it still doesn't work, just reinstall and that should do it.