Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

somehow, after playing against Klaw twice with my gf, we lost (once narrowly, another we got smashed) and yet first time against Ultron, he got crushed right with 15 or so threat on his 2nd stage of his scheme (and right when Drone Upgrade came out). Might have been due to THOR, the undisputed lord of minion mashing, being one of our characters while Leadership Carol Danvers pumped out allies and absorbed punishment. Don't know how else Ultron is approached if you don't have allies or AoE clears for minions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Really the big thing with Ultron is to try make sure the main scheme doesn’t get to its second at all cost. If you can manage it you’re on easy street because it’s only 1 minion he’s pumping out. So if you run Justice and have Under Surveillance you’re golden.

If you don’t run it like that and it eventually pops to scheme 2, most heroes have decent attack options and it becomes more about willing to take some extra threat. Ultron is annoying and can trip you up, and will punish super bad picks (I tried Wasp and that was a disaster) but is super manageable.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

Really the big thing with Ultron is to try make sure the main scheme doesn’t get to its second at all cost. If you can manage it you’re on easy street because it’s only 1 minion he’s pumping out. So if you run Justice and have Under Surveillance you’re golden.

If you don’t run it like that and it eventually pops to scheme 2, most heroes have decent attack options and it becomes more about willing to take some extra threat. Ultron is annoying and can trip you up, and will punish super bad picks (I tried Wasp and that was a disaster) but is super manageable.

I expected the worst since he's ranked as a high-tier villain (or used to be!) but yeah, I kind of let the scheme go to phase two after I clobbered him to around 20hp on his second form and already has a Hammer Toss/multiple allies in hand, and figured I would do a mad dash of burst damage towards the end, extra minions and thwarting be damned.

I'm still trying to dope out Klaw---he's the only villain I have not beaten of the ones I have played (Rhino, Ultron, Klaw, Crossbones, Goblin, Absorbing Man, and Taskmaster). What's the best strategy/type of deck to use against him?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’ve never had a problem with Klaw, especially not with the aggression/justice pair. I once accidentally made him easier by adding some Hydra minions who have a boost icon of “ The villain attacks you again, without a boost card”.

You can hang out as long as you want in form one and two, the damage is relatively minor, and he won’t tap you if you have chump blocks or someone in protection.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
How are you losing to Klaw would be my question. Solo or team as well?

My thing with Klaw is that it’s usually okay to just take a hit from him unless your low on HP as in extreme cases he can do 5 damage. The biggest issue if you’re using the recommended modular sets is the Masters of Evil. They have huge HP pools and hit hard or can mess up strategies. So the goal is to usually get them down ASAP. When you pull cards that ask you to grab a Masters of Evil minion I usually grab Melter if I know I can pump out the 5 damage, or Whirlwind if I think I can afford to lose a card on attack.

He has a decent scheme treshold, so flipping every now and then to build yourself up isn’t a bad idea as it also slows down the boosts he does.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
Finally got around to playing Nebula and Ronan after putting them off because of all the chatter I've heard about them. Ronan was everything I heard and just kind of rolled us. Nebula though was an odd one. I was playing Thor/aggression with my friend play Rocket/leadership. I drew a card early that had me discard till a criminal minion was discarded and put it and play. Due to my poor shuffling discarded most of the encounter deck which in turned discarded most of her techniques. I think we only had a couple turns where it felt like surge really even mattered. I think my favorite turn was at the end where I had 2 defenders of the nine realms and 3 bring it in hand, ended up drawing 8 cards and just blasting her down with hammer throw and lighting strike.

After playing Hulk and Thor a fair bit the last 2 months I think the card pool has expanded enough to where all heroes are at least viable for pairs maybe not single. Though you still have to put some thought into who you pair with, Hulk aggression and Drax protection only worked because it was crossbones.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Losem posted:

Due to my poor shuffling discarded most of the encounter deck which in turned discarded most of her techniques.

So you either got lucky (which poor shuffling could help) or something went odd because Nebula has an extremely good chance of surging. The reason for that is her side scheme, and an event she has that pulls techniques from the encounter pile and not put into play, but are revealed. Which means that she’ll surge if those cards reveal a technique as well.

Nebula isn’t by all means unbeatable especially when you know how she operates. She’s just a pain because her encounter set is all about slowing the game down. Her ship means you’re constantly chucking cards to deal with threat, she surges a lot, and the cards that grab criminal minions also give the minions tough if I remember correctly.

Nebula more than often wins because you got slowed, rather than you having a bad plan. I just hate fighting her because every single time the game will be a slog. Ronan is just awful because he was given extremely power cards and the expectation to beat him is to just shove in modular sets which doesn’t actually address his overly powerful cards (I can’t change out fanaticism)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

How are you losing to Klaw would be my question. Solo or team as well?

My thing with Klaw is that it’s usually okay to just take a hit from him unless your low on HP as in extreme cases he can do 5 damage. The biggest issue if you’re using the recommended modular sets is the Masters of Evil. They have huge HP pools and hit hard or can mess up strategies. So the goal is to usually get them down ASAP. When you pull cards that ask you to grab a Masters of Evil minion I usually grab Melter if I know I can pump out the 5 damage, or Whirlwind if I think I can afford to lose a card on attack.

He has a decent scheme treshold, so flipping every now and then to build yourself up isn’t a bad idea as it also slows down the boosts he does.

Ah, first time was indeed with Masters of Evil----which is a brutal one for sure and I had some really bad draws that game with Thor/Spider-Man. The 2nd was Iron Man and Shulk against the Hydra legions mod----that one I just narrowly lost, I was def able to win, but the Immortal Klaw thing came out and I was unable to remove it due to the Madame Hydra minion coming out (imo one of the WORST minions to come out) and from there her side scheme and minions stacked so high I attempted to just push through. If the Immortal Klaw side scheme hadn't been there I could have won for sure with his 10 less HP. So, really it came down to bad draws and the unenviable position of being caught by Madame Hydra with Legions of Hydra like, twice.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Ok, so this question came up on FB and I didn't see an answer that seemed correct: Say you draw "Gang Up" so the villain and each minion engaged with you attacks. You're playing Star Lord and have Bad Boy in play, so you discard Bad Boy, which cancels all damage from a villain's attack and then flips you to Peter Quill. Question here is: do the minions still attack? If not, does Gang Up get surge?

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep

The Black Stones posted:

So you either got lucky (which poor shuffling could help) or something went odd because Nebula has an extremely good chance of surging. The reason for that is her side scheme, and an event she has that pulls techniques from the encounter pile and not put into play, but are revealed. Which means that she’ll surge if those cards reveal a technique as well.

It was almost 100% because of luck/shuffling. With the recommended encounter deck there are only like 4-5 minions in her deck. It was the first turn so 1 came out as a boost and then the others were basically on the bottom 1/8 of the deck. I almost discarded the entire deck before finding a minion. We ended up only seeing 2 side schemes in total come out one from ship command and the other from rockets nemesis set.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

EdsTeioh posted:

Ok, so this question came up on FB and I didn't see an answer that seemed correct: Say you draw "Gang Up" so the villain and each minion engaged with you attacks. You're playing Star Lord and have Bad Boy in play, so you discard Bad Boy, which cancels all damage from a villain's attack and then flips you to Peter Quill. Question here is: do the minions still attack? If not, does Gang Up get surge?

My answer after looking at both cards, is if the minions didn’t attack, the card would definitely not surge. The reason for that is that you don’t re-check the card after Bad-Boy flips you. You have to perform as much as possible. If the card said “if minions did not attack card gains surge” then yeah. Otherwise the wording of the card doesn’t allow for it.

In my opinion though, the card fizzles at that point. You were in hero form when you started so it’s a hero when revealed. Then Bad Boy flips you but now the rest of the hero reveal action can’t apply you changed form and so whatever they would do fizzles. The reason for that is because there are cards out there that specific attacks happen even when in alter-ego. So the spirit of the rules for me are “if you’re in alter-ego attacks can’t happen unless otherwise specified”

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

The Black Stones posted:

My answer after looking at both cards, is if the minions didn’t attack, the card would definitely not surge. The reason for that is that you don’t re-check the card after Bad-Boy flips you. You have to perform as much as possible. If the card said “if minions did not attack card gains surge” then yeah. Otherwise the wording of the card doesn’t allow for it.

In my opinion though, the card fizzles at that point. You were in hero form when you started so it’s a hero when revealed. Then Bad Boy flips you but now the rest of the hero reveal action can’t apply you changed form and so whatever they would do fizzles. The reason for that is because there are cards out there that specific attacks happen even when in alter-ego. So the spirit of the rules for me are “if you’re in alter-ego attacks can’t happen unless otherwise specified”

See, that was my thought as well, HOWEVER, I did see someone allude to Gang Up stating that the attacks occur simultaneously, so the minion's attacks would actually resolve in the same window as the villain's attack.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
I've always played Gang Up as the same way as the top of the villain phase. So the villain would activate get a boost card then the minions would activate. I don't think I've ever seen a rule about damage being done simultaneously. Since Bad Boy is an interrupt, it would get played in the first interrupt window negating the villain and minions attack.

I'm basing it on "An interrupt ability is executed when its triggering condition becomes imminent, but before that triggering condition resolves" from the rules reference.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

EdsTeioh posted:

See, that was my thought as well, HOWEVER, I did see someone allude to Gang Up stating that the attacks occur simultaneously, so the minion's attacks would actually resolve in the same window as the villain's attack.

It has to be done in an order. Villain is stated first, and then it’s minions. Whoever is saying “simultaneous” is playing incredibly wrong because that would make no sense. If you weren’t tapped you can declare yourself a defender, are you then stopping all damage at once? No. You’re stopping one opponents damage first, and then the others go through undefended so if minions have any text related to an undefended attack that can then trigger. There has to be an order. So at that point you declare yourself defending villains and boom your interrupt goes into effect.

I find people that post on BGG (I haven’t really looked at the champions Facebook group but probably could apply) get so bent out of shape about wording that they fail to even think about the spirit of the rules.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So I saw a post on the FFG site about keyforge and was curious. Their algorithm broke? How the hell does that happen?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

So I saw a post on the FFG site about keyforge and was curious. Their algorithm broke? How the hell does that happen?

There was an anonymous/throwaway account on Reddit suggesting they fired the guy who had or made the algorithm in a series of cuts and inadvertently lost access to it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Decided to bite the bullet and just get Mad Titan through the UK since it seems like the USA release date got pushed back even farther to the same "11/30" date they have lumped basically everything else on the Asmodee page in. Costs a few dollars more but after reading the reviews on how interesting and fun the encounters are / how much better the 2 heroes are compared to GMW, I was sold. Just kind of a bummer that the American shipping for quite a lot of Champions stuff this autumn will be up in the air.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
I did as well after reading that there is a possible price increase coming from Asmodee games in the next month. I think it was something like 5 dollar increase With that factor it the cost will pretty much break even with the extra shipping since I got it on sale.

Losem fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 14, 2021

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Someone leaked nebula. She’s a lot of fun and her card draw is absolutely massive. In solo she could easily draw a new hand by finding a side scheme and thwarting with clear the area + skilled investigator. Spend three cards max and draw six. (Without clear the area, it’s spend one card and thwart to draw four.)

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

DLC Inc posted:

Decided to bite the bullet and just get Mad Titan through the UK since it seems like the USA release date got pushed back even farther to the same "11/30" date they have lumped basically everything else on the Asmodee page in. Costs a few dollars more but after reading the reviews on how interesting and fun the encounters are / how much better the 2 heroes are compared to GMW, I was sold. Just kind of a bummer that the American shipping for quite a lot of Champions stuff this autumn will be up in the air.

If you used Zatu, just don’t do what I did and use Parcelforce. My package finally hit Canada. I still don’t have it yet (It was supposed to be delivered on the 9th).

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

If you used Zatu, just don’t do what I did and use Parcelforce. My package finally hit Canada. I still don’t have it yet (It was supposed to be delivered on the 9th).

I did use Zatu! I have it on Royal Mail, luckily. I didn't know wtf Parcelforce was so I didn't bother with that.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

DLC Inc posted:

I did use Zatu! I have it on Royal Mail, luckily. I didn't know wtf Parcelforce was so I didn't bother with that.

I foolishly thought more expensive plus earlier estimated date = better.

Then I looked at reviews for the company. 30,000 and 50% of them are 1 star. That’s dedication to being completely poo poo at what you do.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!

Arivia posted:

There was an anonymous/throwaway account on Reddit suggesting they fired the guy who had or made the algorithm in a series of cuts and inadvertently lost access to it.

rules

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Is GMW really as bad as folks say? We're almost finished with Red Skull and have been playing the crap out of Green Goblin on the side lately and want something new, but if GMW is "bad" bad then I'll just wait for MTS.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

EdsTeioh posted:

Is GMW really as bad as folks say? We're almost finished with Red Skull and have been playing the crap out of Green Goblin on the side lately and want something new, but if GMW is "bad" bad then I'll just wait for MTS.

Short answer: yes and no.

Long answer: it adds a good bunch of great cards to the card pool and I legit like Rocket as a hero especially with a lot more Guardians cards added to the card pool with later sets. Some people like Groot, some don’t.

GMW adds a new set of villains which is desperately needed, but 3 of those scenarios are okay, and 2 are in the bad category IMO. Nebula will be hit or miss. She’s definitely able to be beaten, but you WILL have a slog of a fight between managing her ship, and dealing with all her techniques. It’s not a fun fight, and I rarely choose to play it because I know I’ll be in a long haul fight.

Ronan is 100% without question awful. FFG’s response is “switch in modular sets that make him easier” but the modular set isn’t the problem. Adding in MORE sets would help but switching out for say, bomb scare won’t do much besides give you less minions. Ronan’s problem is that all his main cards give insane results. The worst of them being “Fanaticism” which gives him +1 attack, piercing, and overkill. So ally blocking isn’t a great option and tough does nothing. This wouldn’t be a huge issue but they decided the card also needed surge, so you can (and probably will) surge him into a secondary attack which will hit you for usually 5-7 damage.

—————

So if you don’t mind 3/5 fights being fair and the other 2 being a wash, it’s still a good expansion. From all accounts though Mad Titan is best one yet and if you’re choosing between the two id pick that one first and then go for GMW later.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

EdsTeioh posted:

^^^beaten but yes, correct

GMW, at least the latter 3 scenarios included, can feel incredibly swingy and almost requires that you optimize the gently caress out of your decks to survive, especially if god forbid you play on the expert difficulty therein. Escape The Museum can be very swingy and imo Nebula/Ronan are not fun at all, any way you slice it----sometimes it's just Big Number elevating and Ronan just wants to kill you in very few turns.

On top of that, I'm of the opinion that the 2 heroes they included are not that great, so overall the package is weak and idk if I'd even use Rocket and Groot against the brigade of poo poo included in the box. The main thing I'm seeing in reviews for MTS is that it's not just more balanced/less nightmarish, but just plain more fun. The scenarios I read about in MTS sound very unique in a way that isn't meant to piss you off every time.

the Have At Thee blog explains better than I could with their experience with the GMW expert campaign, have a look if you're pondering between expansions to get: https://have-at-thee-lcg.blogspot.com/2021/04/saving-galaxy-my-run-at-expert-gmw.html

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
My personal experience with GMW as one shots is overall positive. I always appreciate when they try new things with the villains and the Collector's scenario do just that, Badoon is kind of standard, Nebula and Ronan are pretty much what you've heard. Pretty much what you need to understand going in is that basically all scenarios difficulty default to expert compared to most(all?) previous villains. There is a Google Doc floating out there of unofficial house rules to make the box overall more in line/easier if that doesn't sound appealing to you.

As far as the heroes go, I haven't really played with Rocket and Groot to much but I did enjoy the games I did play with Groot, need to give Rocket some more tries.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
GMW adds in some great hero cards for sure. The villains are not great as mentioned. I'm also not a fan of how Groot and Rocket play. That said I do love The Collector. He's not a deck you'll want to take every hero up against but he's very different than every other villain. The campaign cards are arguably more interesting than the previous one and if nothing else will give you the rules and such to important the "store" mechanic to other campaigns. The Milano ship gimmick is something that really feels like they wanted you to have interesting choices but then realized the box needed to be harder and turned something fun into a repetitive chore.

As much as I dislike everything else in the box though, I really love The Collector's stuff. It's probably my second favorite villain after Kang. I'm also a weirdo that loves Green Goblin Risky Business, so I'm a sucker for anything that breaks the idea of a "normal" game.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
How is GMW as a campaign with scenarios versus standalone? Does playing it as a campaign make it harder or easier?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CitizenKeen posted:

How is GMW as a campaign with scenarios versus standalone? Does playing it as a campaign make it harder or easier?

I'd say harder because the likelihood that you're actually going to be able to build up any sort of advantage against Ronin after Nebula is very low and even if you do Ronin is so swingy that it might not even matter.

If you play true solo then good luck beating Ronin campaign because the side scheme makes it very difficult.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Thanks y'all! I'll just wait for MTS and pick up GMW once I've bought everything else. Probably pick up either Kang or Wrecking Crew this week just for something new (and keep hoping an X-Men set comes out soon...)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

In campaign you get the market, which is viable if you focus on cancellation cards.

MTS’s Adam warlock would make the campaign easier because he adds cards to the encounter deck which are positive, plus he has two built-in automatic counters.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep

EdsTeioh posted:

Thanks y'all! I'll just wait for MTS and pick up GMW once I've bought everything else. Probably pick up either Kang or Wrecking Crew this week just for something new (and keep hoping an X-Men set comes out soon...)

For what it's worth there has been a leak list that has been 100% accurate and the next big box expansion is supposedly called Sinister Motives. Maybe Mr. Sinister maybe Sinister Six. I think most people are leaning towards Sinister Six.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Yeah, I was thinking Sinister Six as well, which is actually fine with me as Spidey is my OTHER go to Marvel jam. It'd be cool to get Miles Morales and Daredevil as hero decks in that since I LOVE "street level" Marvel.

I was thinking that an X-Men set would probably end up being like an alternate core set with like...Rogue, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, and Cyclops as the heroes and then...man...Juggernaut, some form of Sentintel, and Magneto as the villains maybe? Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse should be large box expansions (or maybe swap Sinister and Magneto).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Losem posted:

For what it's worth there has been a leak list that has been 100% accurate and the next big box expansion is supposedly called Sinister Motives. Maybe Mr. Sinister maybe Sinister Six. I think most people are leaning towards Sinister Six.

Feels to me like if there's going to be an X-Men set it needs to be in a core style box. I dislike the term Core 2.0 but more like an alternate 1.0. Not just because you'd want to introduce a ton of X-Men right out of the gate but also as a jumping in point for new players who might have previously not gotten into the game because there were no X-Men.

That feels like a back pocket move for when the game is dying down a bit though.

Spider-man boxset with Miles vs the Sinister Six would be fun assuming they don't try recreate the Wrecking Crew to save on card space.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

If you look online, people made five or six custom DD’s. He’s one of the most popular characters. I’ve seen 1-2 Miles, a Silk and a Gwenpool + a Spidergwen.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

EdsTeioh posted:

Yeah, I was thinking Sinister Six as well, which is actually fine with me as Spidey is my OTHER go to Marvel jam. It'd be cool to get Miles Morales and Daredevil as hero decks in that since I LOVE "street level" Marvel.

I was thinking that an X-Men set would probably end up being like an alternate core set with like...Rogue, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, and Cyclops as the heroes and then...man...Juggernaut, some form of Sentintel, and Magneto as the villains maybe? Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse should be large box expansions (or maybe swap Sinister and Magneto).

for some reason Champions and Crisis Protocol have been overlapping in their release themes lately, and the miniatures line did just release Blade/Moon Knight so we might get more of the Street Level guys soon. A cycle including Daredevil/Luke Cage/Iron Fist would be fantastic.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

DLC Inc posted:

for some reason Champions and Crisis Protocol have been overlapping in their release themes lately, and the miniatures line did just release Blade/Moon Knight so we might get more of the Street Level guys soon. A cycle including Daredevil/Luke Cage/Iron Fist would be fantastic.

Yeah, I think we talked about that a couple of pages ago, and I agree on those heroes. Miller's Daredevil run is still one of my favorite runs in comics history, so I'd love a DD deck (and while we're at it, reskin the PS4 Spider-Man game with Daredevil poo poo too).

Also, after playing Champs as much as I have, I think I've come to the conclusion that Arkham Horror is actually the "better" game, but Champions is the more "fun" game and if I was only going to own one, it'd be Champions. My poor Lord of the Rings collection sits unloved in my closet (which is my secondary game storage place, so poo poo that goes there is fuckin BANISHED). I should really trade that off since I don't see it hitting the table ever again.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

EdsTeioh posted:

Yeah, I think we talked about that a couple of pages ago, and I agree on those heroes. Miller's Daredevil run is still one of my favorite runs in comics history, so I'd love a DD deck (and while we're at it, reskin the PS4 Spider-Man game with Daredevil poo poo too).

I have a decently sized collection of trades at my place. You can't really buy them in Taiwan but I brought a suitcase full and have picked other stuff up online every now and then; Hickman's Avengers, Tom King's Vision run, etc. My girlfriend is Taiwanese and never really read any of them and I never pressured her to even though she's a fan of the MCU. When it was announced that Daredevil was going to be coming to the MCU we watched the Netflix series, but before we watched the season season I made her read my Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Mlller volume 2 trade so she'd know who Elektra was and get the character in her mind before the Netflix series tainted the character for her.

I'm tempted to make her read my omnibus of Matt Fraction's Hawkeye before his show drops but I kind of don't want to ruin any of the jokes/moments that the show might use. "Boomerang Arrow, Kate...it comes back to you in the end.".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I'm wondering what the odds are we'll see Vision, Sam Wilson, Winter Soldier, Shang-Chi, and Kate Bishop Hawkeyes as decks. Maybe I'm missing how marketing works, but it feels like leaving money on the table to not have the main characters of the current MCU properties as decks. Like, by all means, go get Flash Thompson Venom and Quicksilver, yes please. But also, there's a lot of marketing going on that FFG could be piggy backing on.