Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I do believe that there are people who go to stores and places and make a big event of it when they are asked to wear a mask. There's videos of it. But those events are probably as rare as mass shootings. They occur quite frequently in Ameica but are still statistically rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
I don't know if it's in the book, but he also claimed he killed two dudes at a gas station who tried to carjack him and the police helped him cover it up. That's conveniently hard to disprove since it's effectively a conspiracy theory about himself. It might just be cultural. Maybe both tall tales and being a huge piece of poo poo are just Texas traditions.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

ReidRansom posted:

The other thing that didn't happen there was hiring someone who understands typesetting. That kerning is painful to look at.

It's a mystery PDF that was on some US public school's website for some reason. Hopefully it was assigned reading to innoculate children against hero-worship and telling embarrassing my-uncle-at-nintendo style lies.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Oh my God, I forgot about mall ninjas, anyone have a link handy?

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Elblanco posted:

Oh my God, I forgot about mall ninjas, anyone have a link handy?

https://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/ should scratch the itch.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Pro click right here.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Does anyone have the stdh.txt about the guy who got to party with middle Eastern oil execs and told them to invent Bioshock?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Does anyone have the stdh.txt about the guy who got to party with middle Eastern oil execs and told them to invent Bioshock?

Like, invent the game, or build a real life one? Because the game Bioshock is a pretty good argument for why you shouldn't build one in real lif.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Big Grunty Secret posted:

On mobile, let me know if this doesn't work.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2769640

The best part is where he confuses Muslim with Hindu and is amazed the guy wants steak. Then he takes him to "the best steakhouse in the city"... Ruth's Chris.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Ruth's Chris is really really tasty though, probably best steak i've ever had tbh. If that makes me a rube then I am a rube!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That one is a good laugh.

Think my favorite bit is the tuxedo and thinking anyone anywhere is impressed by a corporate charge card

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Sep 15, 2021

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

gowb posted:

Ruth's Chris is really really tasty though, probably best steak i've ever had tbh. If that makes me a rube then I am a rube!

Sure, but the funny part is that in his fantasy the fanciest place he could think of was a chain restaurant. A billionaire sheik's not going to be impressed by a restaurant that's down the block from every one of his penthouses around the world.

Like, the nicest place I've been to was when my husband's friend came to visit from NY and took everyone out to eat to some Michelin place on his company's dime. It was a small place with only a few other people and the guy showed up dressed in shorts and boat shoes. One of our group had celiac's and was vegetarian, so the chef came out and chatted with him about what foods he liked and then made him a completely bespoke multi-course meal.

Fancy food's not really my thing, but that was kind of a rude awakening to what dining out means when you're part of the 1%.

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Sep 15, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I love this but I feel he eventually gives away the game with the 'one time experimentation in the military' bit.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Thank you, there is so much to unpack in these posts its all gold. I love that these guys believe that mall cops are action movie stars and it all starts with a dude believing he has enemies wanting to assassinate him.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

hyperhazard posted:

On mobile, let me know if this doesn't work.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2769640

The best part is where he confuses Muslim with Hindu and is amazed the guy wants steak. Then he takes him to "the best steakhouse in the city"... Ruth's Chris.

This works, thank you! Forgot that it was a goon who wrote this, makes it so much better

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Elblanco posted:

Thank you, there is so much to unpack in these posts its all gold. I love that these guys believe that mall cops are action movie stars and it all starts with a dude believing he has enemies wanting to assassinate him.

I have an issue figuring out where the delusion starts. Like, is he even a mall cop, or did he get turned down from that job for being too unstable?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I have an issue figuring out where the delusion starts. Like, is he even a mall cop, or did he get turned down from that job for being too unstable?

I'm not sure about that but he definitely got rejecting from the military and the police, and by at least one cute guy he liked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Elblanco posted:

I'm not sure about that but he definitely got rejecting from the military and the police, and by at least one cute guy he liked.

He just comes off like someone that Seth Rogan's character in Observe and Report would say "holy poo poo, this guy is insane, he's gonna shoot a kid for riding a skateboard in the parking lot."

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I have a dream most nights. It starts on a playground. There's kids swinging, laughing, dogs barking, butterflies just flapping their little wings. And then you hear a rumbling, and over the horizon comes a black cloud and it's made of cancer and pus. And it starts sweeping over the playground and everyone starts screaming and clawing their eyes and pulling at their hair, and saying "Help! What do we do?" And you know what happens next? Out steps me wielding the biggest loving shotgun you've ever seen in your whole life. And you know what I do? I blow every loving thing away. And I am getting God's work done. When it's all over and the dust has settled, the whole world gathers below me and they say, "Thank you, Ronnie, thank you for helping, being a great man and doing this for us." And you know what I say? "You don't need to thank me. I'm just a guy with a gun. I'm just a cop."

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Real Diana moon glampers vibes from that dream

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1439325706966630400?s=20

There's no way a mom in Walnut Creek doesn't know what Aloe Vera is.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Even if he did cheat...the answer is still Biden. This is like saying the president of Iraq from 1979-2003 was "other."

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
NOT MY SADDAM

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

A good teacher singling out 9 year olds who get answers wrong

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ratjaculation posted:

A good teacher singling out 9 year olds who get answers wrong

American public schools.txt

A friend of mine is left handed and in 5th grade gave writing with the spirals and thus holes on the left. Our English teacher made the entire class look at him and go "the holes go on the left, do you know your left?"

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Len posted:

A friend of mine is left handed and in 5th grade gave writing with the spirals and thus holes on the left. Our English teacher made the entire class look at him and go "the holes go on the left, do you know your left?"

I was there, your friend said "And the rear end in a top hat sits at the big desk. Do you know where the big desk is?" And everybody laughed then the teacher retired the next day.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The General posted:

I was there, your friend said "And the rear end in a top hat sits at the big desk. Do you know where the big desk is?" And everybody laughed then the teacher retired the next day.

I don't remember his reaction just the public shaming. But I feel like he didn't do that just because he seldom stands up for himself

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

https://twitter.com/servoisnaked/status/1445124630134546434?s=21

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I find the stuff on twitter about Facebook to be kind of weird. After using both id say that twitter is a much bigger cesspool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is there literally a Joe Disney? I know Walt's nephew or whatever who was running the cartoons in the 80s was named Roy, so I wouldn't put it past them to name a kid Joe, but still.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I find the stuff on twitter about Facebook to be kind of weird. After using both id say that twitter is a much bigger cesspool.

you obviously haven't gone very deep into certain parts of Facebook then

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bike tory posted:

you obviously haven't gone very deep into certain parts of Facebook then

I'm not gonna defend twitter, but Facebook is much, much worse.

They facilitated a genocide.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Skwirl posted:

Is there literally a Joe Disney? I know Walt's nephew or whatever who was running the cartoons in the 80s was named Roy, so I wouldn't put it past them to name a kid Joe, but still.

There is not.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was offered a job organizing Disney's felt tip pens by colour, but turned it down.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Skwirl posted:

Maybe it's a fake political character, like Joe the Plumber. Joe Disney walks around enforcing two-finger pointing and Disney magic.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Twitter is a poop on the sidewalk that you can easily walk past. Facebook is a family member picking up the poop and eating it.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Len posted:

American public schools.txt

In the late 70s my family moved to a different state so I entered a new school around halfway through 3rd grade. For whatever reason they didn't start learning cursive yet, I was already writing cursive. For the first couple of weeks in the new school I would turn in work in cursive and instead of just accepting it the teacher would come down on me and make me do the whole thing over. It freaked me out and I cried a couple times in class because I couldn't understand why I was being punished for being ahead of the other kids. Crying in class does not make your cool or popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Local Weather posted:

In the late 70s my family moved to a different state so I entered a new school around halfway through 3rd grade. For whatever reason they didn't start learning cursive yet, I was already writing cursive. For the first couple of weeks in the new school I would turn in work in cursive and instead of just accepting it the teacher would come down on me and make me do the whole thing over. It freaked me out and I cried a couple times in class because I couldn't understand why I was being punished for being ahead of the other kids. Crying in class does not make your cool or popular.

I had the exact same poo poo happen to me in the nineties. Sorry that happened to you, too. poo poo sucks.