Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol I love the dream thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

They look like plumbers to you?

lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the only part of the dream I remember is being in a dark columned room, me and my opponents were in suits of armor, and i was using the whip from dark souls to absolutely annihilate people. whip cracking sound effects over and over. deeply satisfying

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wow I wish I could remember or produce vivid dream sounds. I can’t remember a single one...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Wow I wish I could remember or produce vivid dream sounds. I can’t remember a single one...

it's not all it's cracked up to be.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Wormskull posted:

I barely ever dreamed until I started doing manual labor for a living. Now I remember what thoughts were going through my head while I was dreaming and nonexistent songs.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Wormskull posted:

its the weed... there's areason they call it dope.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

it's not all it's cracked up to be.

lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just dreamt that wizards of the coast announced they would be releasing nfts of each magic card in a set going forward. my friends were laughing about it but I became incredibly depressed and . then I woke up and now I'm even more depressed because they're definitely going to do that within 2 years

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I know we're a year or so out at least but calling it now that the next thread should be D4: Imp Dreams Don't Die

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I blame plutonis for putting nfts in my brain with ubisoft coin or whatever

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I dreamed that somebody here posted an image that everyone was emptyquoting and the thread it was in was instantly goldmined. The meme seemed to be a picture of SpongeBob looking at a piece of paper, then the second part he was showing the piece of paper to the camera. The second part was taking forever to load and when I finally started to see something on the piece of paper my alarm went off. This is going to haunt me for the rest of my life

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GorfZaplen posted:

I dreamed that somebody here posted an image that everyone was emptyquoting and the thread it was in was instantly goldmined. The meme seemed to be a picture of SpongeBob looking at a piece of paper, then the second part he was showing the piece of paper to the camera. The second part was taking forever to load and when I finally started to see something on the piece of paper my alarm went off. This is going to haunt me for the rest of my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LtT0xZ11wM

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe that was your dream consciousness flaming my madden thread.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao good lord dude

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This is exactly it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao yes thank you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

staring at bobs hands here

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao christ

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

can't believe how many classic imp memes you managed to fit into that bottom picture.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this dream needs some background:

just after college I had some roommates who played call of duty. I don't know which one and have never played myself. my understanding is that their team name could be 4 letters, and theirs was "!GAY." one of them had picked it to mean "not gay" when he was younger, but he kept it because every once in awhile he'd end up against some evangelicals who thought it meant they were excited to be gay, and they would lecture everyone, get distracted, and lose really badly. they were, apparently, pretty good at call of duty.

they were one person short of a full team, I guess, so they played with one pubbie usually. I may be getting the details wrong here, but I think the teams were four people? two of them lived with me and there was a third guy they knew who lived nearby, I want to say. one day they got paired with a guy whose handle was "BigWilly" and some numbers and he played well enough that they offered him a spot on !GAY. they started calling themselves Big Willy and the Gays on team chat. they'd sing a little song to the tune of Benny and the Jets when they were doing well.

in my dream last night, there was some loud knocking at my front door, and when I opened it, it was nicholas Brendon. he was clearly drunk and said that he'd been knocking on doors everywhere, but nobody was answering. he was trying to run from the cops (someone had dared him to throw a bottle at a cop car) and needed a place to hide.

I felt bad for him so I let him in and my wife clearly didn't like the idea. apparently my dream brain confused him with Matthew Perry, because he was trying to win my wife over by saying stuff like "oh come on, we'll have fun! could I be any more Zander?" he was really excited I had a PlayStation 4, but he kept saying all the games that I had were "baby poo poo" and he wanted to play something competitive. he downloaded call of duty and logged in and, lo and behold, he was Big Willy.

I told him I'd been roommates with the Gays and he got really excited that he could finally meet "the f***" he'd been playing with for a decade. after he dropped the slur, my wife really wanted him out of the house, and I tried explaining that I really hadnt kept in touch with my ex roommates, but he insisted that this was the opportunity of a lifetime. over team chat, he told them he was at my place, and in moments, my old roommates were at the door. apparently, they'd never left our old apartment, and it was pretty nearby., and they'd never stopped playing call of duty. I don't know how they knew where I lived, but that didn't seem to matter to the dream logic. what did matter is that my wife was absolutely furious that even more people were coming over in the dead of night.

And they'd brought beer. Nick cracked one and started crying like a weepy drunk, saying it was so good to be with people who knew him as Big Willy and not as Zander. one of my ex roommates was also really drunk and started crying too, apologizing to me, saying how sorry he was about the breakup I went through (he had nothing to do with it). my wife finally shouted "everyone get out of my house!" and the gang sheepishly gathered their beer and headed for the door.

the second they got outside, the police were shouting at Nicholas Brendon that he was under arrest. my drubk ex roommate said that they'd never take big Willy and the Gays alive, and there were gunshots. I understood that some of the shots were coming from my ex roommates and their celebrity gaming buddy, who were returning fire at the cops. the bullets started coming into my house somehow and i was trying to dodge them when I woke up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Big willy and the gays.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Down on the corner
Out in the street
Willy and the Gay Boys are playin'
The guy from Buffy can't be beat

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had a dream Metroid Prime 4 was out on the Gamecube. It was placed in a massive ruined real life city that was nothing but concrete husks and overgrown buildings, and the enemies were all distorted forms of real wildlife. I was hopping around admiring the detailed scenery and environmental puzzles when I got a codec call from the Metroid Fusion computer. He told me to meet up with Federation forces at a nearby abandoned highschool. This opened up the map, which was revealed to be a to-scale recreation of an actual Eastern European city. My hype was incomparable. I scrolled around the map a bit and saw a map marker labeled "TTTTTTTrains!" I wondered what that meant and closed the map only to suddenly see dozens of long trains barreling down the road toward me. I woke up as soon as they were about to hit me.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

this dream needs some background:

just after college I had some roommates who played call of duty. I don't know which one and have never played myself. my understanding is that their team name could be 4 letters, and theirs was "!GAY." one of them had picked it to mean "not gay" when he was younger, but he kept it because every once in awhile he'd end up against some evangelicals who thought it meant they were excited to be gay, and they would lecture everyone, get distracted, and lose really badly. they were, apparently, pretty good at call of duty.

they were one person short of a full team, I guess, so they played with one pubbie usually. I may be getting the details wrong here, but I think the teams were four people? two of them lived with me and there was a third guy they knew who lived nearby, I want to say. one day they got paired with a guy whose handle was "BigWilly" and some numbers and he played well enough that they offered him a spot on !GAY. they started calling themselves Big Willy and the Gays on team chat. they'd sing a little song to the tune of Benny and the Jets when they were doing well.

in my dream last night, there was some loud knocking at my front door, and when I opened it, it was nicholas Brendon. he was clearly drunk and said that he'd been knocking on doors everywhere, but nobody was answering. he was trying to run from the cops (someone had dared him to throw a bottle at a cop car) and needed a place to hide.

I felt bad for him so I let him in and my wife clearly didn't like the idea. apparently my dream brain confused him with Matthew Perry, because he was trying to win my wife over by saying stuff like "oh come on, we'll have fun! could I be any more Zander?" he was really excited I had a PlayStation 4, but he kept saying all the games that I had were "baby poo poo" and he wanted to play something competitive. he downloaded call of duty and logged in and, lo and behold, he was Big Willy.

I told him I'd been roommates with the Gays and he got really excited that he could finally meet "the f***" he'd been playing with for a decade. after he dropped the slur, my wife really wanted him out of the house, and I tried explaining that I really hadnt kept in touch with my ex roommates, but he insisted that this was the opportunity of a lifetime. over team chat, he told them he was at my place, and in moments, my old roommates were at the door. apparently, they'd never left our old apartment, and it was pretty nearby., and they'd never stopped playing call of duty. I don't know how they knew where I lived, but that didn't seem to matter to the dream logic. what did matter is that my wife was absolutely furious that even more people were coming over in the dead of night.

And they'd brought beer. Nick cracked one and started crying like a weepy drunk, saying it was so good to be with people who knew him as Big Willy and not as Zander. one of my ex roommates was also really drunk and started crying too, apologizing to me, saying how sorry he was about the breakup I went through (he had nothing to do with it). my wife finally shouted "everyone get out of my house!" and the gang sheepishly gathered their beer and headed for the door.

the second they got outside, the police were shouting at Nicholas Brendon that he was under arrest. my drubk ex roommate said that they'd never take big Willy and the Gays alive, and there were gunshots. I understood that some of the shots were coming from my ex roommates and their celebrity gaming buddy, who were returning fire at the cops. the bullets started coming into my house somehow and i was trying to dodge them when I woke up.

lmao

Wormskull posted:

Big willy and the gays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream Metroid Prime 4 was out on the Gamecube. It was placed in a massive ruined real life city that was nothing but concrete husks and overgrown buildings, and the enemies were all distorted forms of real wildlife. I was hopping around admiring the detailed scenery and environmental puzzles when I got a codec call from the Metroid Fusion computer. He told me to meet up with Federation forces at a nearby abandoned highschool. This opened up the map, which was revealed to be a to-scale recreation of an actual Eastern European city. My hype was incomparable. I scrolled around the map a bit and saw a map marker labeled "TTTTTTTrains!" I wondered what that meant and closed the map only to suddenly see dozens of long trains barreling down the road toward me. I woke up as soon as they were about to hit me.

Lmao