Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And they've just added Zac Oyama, too. It's court packing, but i'm here for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I'm wondering why the email said "Disgraced justice Emily". Did I miss one or are they just messing with us?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seaborgium posted:

I'm wondering why the email said "Disgraced justice Emily". Did I miss one or are they just messing with us?

it sounds like maybe jake couldn't be there ("substitute bailiff") so they're filling in and making an even more elaborate in-universe narrative

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I love the campaign of course but I’d gladly listen to a weekly Dungeon Court

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
So now that I'm physically back at work, I've got a bunch more podcast time again - did anyone get into Zac Oyama's Rotating Heroes thing? What's the verdict?

E: ah gently caress it, I subscribed and I'll find out tomorrow. I spent more than four times this amount on the Warcraft movie at a cinema anyway, and that's basically how I've rationalised most of my monetary transactions since.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 20, 2021

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

D&D court is off to an incredible start this week

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Not Operator posted:

So now that I'm physically back at work, I've got a bunch more podcast time again - did anyone get into Zac Oyama's Rotating Heroes thing? What's the verdict?

E: ah gently caress it, I subscribed and I'll find out tomorrow. I spent more than four times this amount on the Warcraft movie at a cinema anyway, and that's basically how I've rationalised most of my monetary transactions since.

I'd appreciate on update when you've listened to a bit more, to get an opinion on it. I just listened to the first of the two Dungeon Court episodes from last week and was wondering about that while listening, since it's been a few months since it had free episodes on NaDDPod.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Amazing Mixed Bag, Murph gets jacked on Red Bull and Jake drinks rotten V8

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The orange creamsicle one sounded pretty good I thought.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
Emily's Misty step + time stop combo was phenomenal. I never cease to be amazed at her ability to pull poo poo like that off.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I love and hate that Emily forced Murph into a energy-drink fuelled meltdown over his rating system.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is this mixed bag only for the $10 tier? I'm a $5 peasant and didn't notice anything in my feed

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is this mixed bag only for the $10 tier? I'm a $5 peasant and didn't notice anything in my feed

I got it at $5.

It's the "beachfire bonanza"

Edit: unless there was a third post

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

I got it at $5.

It's the "beachfire bonanza"

Edit: unless there was a third post

Oh weird, I'll check again then. I don't know how itunes works (aside from "seldomly")

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

yeah i assume so, it wasn't in mine

also i just realized how much content they've tagged under mixed bag in the last couple years and upgraded, there's a ton of stuff to listen to

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah. $10.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/mixed-bag-of-55543263

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Man catching up on the pod, did I miss an episode where Zerk got a lobotomy? What in the gently caress was he thinking going into the cave with those rapscallions?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Man catching up on the pod, did I miss an episode where Zerk got a lobotomy? What in the gently caress was he thinking going into the cave with those rapscallions?

you're expecting a lot from the player behind

quote:

Beverly then attempted to trick the all-knowing god into eating a poison berry and was promptly thrown from the tower

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I forget when this happened, was it pre-or post-baby? Because if it's post, it's because he has "raising an infant" brain

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ainsley McTree posted:

I forget when this happened, was it pre-or post-baby? Because if it's post, it's because he has "raising an infant" brain

I don 't remember either, but either way, Caldwell himself has always seemed to view goofiness as a higher priority than intelligent play. He outright stated in one of the Short Rests in the last few weeks that he sees Zerk/Eldermourne as someplace where he can take out all the silliness that he has to bottle up during the week as a responsible father too, and I doubt he came into that mindset with no foundation once he had a kid. So he probably held it to some degree all along. Plus, even when he was laying out what he wanted to do I recall it being quite obvious that Caldwell knew it was a bad idea and that Zerk would get screwed over somehow for doing it, but he just wanted to do it anyway.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I do wonder if he posited Zerk as someone who was perpetually underslept before or after he knew he was gonna be a father.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

zirk is spelled with an i and i'm only being pedantic about it because the e is driving me insane

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I thought he was called Zerg until about 30 hours ago

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It's spelled Zonk

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Gaius Marius posted:

Because no-one would talk about the time a character started something foolish then decided to reasonably bow-out instead.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

tsob posted:

I don 't remember either, but either way, Caldwell himself has always seemed to view goofiness as a higher priority than intelligent play. He outright stated in one of the Short Rests in the last few weeks that he sees Zerk/Eldermourne as someplace where he can take out all the silliness that he has to bottle up during the week as a responsible father too, and I doubt he came into that mindset with no foundation once he had a kid. So he probably held it to some degree all along. Plus, even when he was laying out what he wanted to do I recall it being quite obvious that Caldwell knew it was a bad idea and that Zerk would get screwed over somehow for doing it, but he just wanted to do it anyway.

I don't really have a problem with it, it was pretty drat funny, but if I did have a problem it would be with the roleplaying. It seems odd to me that someone whose supposed to be able to judge and analyze a crowd would fall victim to such naivety

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't really have a problem with it, it was pretty drat funny, but if I did have a problem it would be with the roleplaying. It seems odd to me that someone whose supposed to be able to judge and analyze a crowd would fall victim to such naivety

He saw a setup for a funny gag and like any good comedian he yes anded with the DM to a bad spot.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

God how can they managed to make such beautiful characters. I had my doubts about this sort of collaborative storytelling but I've never seen anything as really and truly beautiful, in film, tv, or novels, to think that something as genius as spoony could ever exist. What a magnificent world

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm still a few eps behind, but i love grimdung

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Just listened to the million dollars or billion grills conversation. Truly a loving insane conversation, even more so than the hemp milk song. Extremely good poo poo.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
In person naddpod energy is wild. Really enjoyed the dynamite trick, would they party just have been destroyed without that damage? The fight seemed close despite the big damage to everyone off the bat.

TakenForGranite
Jan 13, 2015
I'm really surprised Murph just let the Tomevar summoning get counterspelled, honestly. All that buildup for a potentially super dangerous bossfight nerfed by a third level spell. It really makes me wonder why counterspell is just 10+ the spells level... 17 isn't exactly hard for most spellcasters to hit by the point they're at in the game.

I guess I can't complain because the necromancer was pretty dangerous otherwise, and who knows how it would've gone if Tomevar was allowed to be in the fight.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TakenForGranite posted:

I'm really surprised Murph just let the Tomevar summoning get counterspelled, honestly. All that buildup for a potentially super dangerous bossfight nerfed by a third level spell. It really makes me wonder why counterspell is just 10+ the spells level... 17 isn't exactly hard for most spellcasters to hit by the point they're at in the game.

I guess I can't complain because the necromancer was pretty dangerous otherwise, and who knows how it would've gone if Tomevar was allowed to be in the fight.

If it had been any other result, I'd agree but: the nat 20 was just too loving perfect, imo.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

murph talked about its abilities in the short rest, it did a relatively small amount of AOE damage per round on average, letting it get cancelled at the cost of both a spell slot and a nat 20 wasn't much of a sacrifice (you can tell because he nearly wiped the party even without that)

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

lol the hedge case from the newest Dungeon Court :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dungeon Court is literally the best non-gameplay segment they do and I'd sub to a podcast that was only it

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

Dungeon Court is literally the best non-gameplay segment they do and I'd sub to a podcast that was only it

I like that it's not every week, they'd run out of good questions real fast. It's good as a break or an extra though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I have a feeling it's gonna run into the mbmbam problem of people making poo poo up to get read eventually.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
that is true, as fun as these are I suppose doing them more constantly would quickly result in it being a 'send us your dumb fake stories I guess' podcast and not a podcast where they sentence TikTok the sorcerer to go to Hurricane Harbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
How would you even know? Some of them already sound made up. The cast have even outright said that they don't know whether to believe a couple of them, and that they sound made up.