Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

enki42 posted:

That's a fine answer, but also the answer that doesn't let you win back those sweet sweet CPC / PPC swing voters. You can't say your party isn't racist, that will make the racists not want to vote for you!

It's like THE NDP stronghold anyway, so it's not like the CPC candidate has a chance to win anyway.

Did I say "racism" in that statement? No I did not, and that was by design.

See, I might could be a politician if I wiped every trace of myself from the Internet and got a legal name change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Jason Kenney is up tonight. Tune in at 6pm MDT or 8pm EDT to watch a train wreck.

Anything less than a Budd Dwyering is a complete failure to recognize the problems he has created.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Powershift posted:

Anything less than a Budd Dwyering is a complete failure to recognize the problems he has created.

Something something Trudeau something.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Powershift posted:

I visualized this in my head and... I felt It move.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

24 people died in Alberta in the last 24 hours for pictures of Jason Kenney in a cowboy hat flipping pancakes.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mysterious Jim posted:

Have you ever had a party that that you um you had you'd you would you could you'd do you wi you wants you you could do so you you'd do you could you you want you want Maxime to do you so much you could do anything?

:golfclap:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Powershift posted:

24 people died in Alberta in the last 24 hours for pictures of Jason Kenney in a cowboy hat flipping pancakes.

It's bizarre, because I feel like I'm one of the biggest Stampede enthusiasts, but... why, in the middle of a pandemic?

I love rodeo, but not more than my own life and health.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/joececiyyc/status/1438256039053324289?s=19

When you lay it all out like that he looks like a dick.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/joececiyyc/status/1438256039053324289?s=19

When you lay it all out like that he looks like a dick.

That’s my MLA, I like him.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
An odd PPC anecdote, but the husband and wife running in two Toronto centre ridings are Sri Lankan immigrants. Which seems very FYGM at the least.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

infernal machines posted:

An odd PPC anecdote, but the husband and wife running in two Toronto centre ridings are Sri Lankan immigrants. Which seems very FYGM at the least.

Not an uncommon phenomenon. Plenty of folks have the attitude of "I had to suffer to get mine, and made it through because of my own hard work and perseverance, others should have to do the same." Works in regards to citizenship, class, job seniority, home ownership, etc etc.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award

Gros Tarla posted:

It was never about apostrophes specifically, the whole signage had to be in French. And if there was ambiguity with a name and then you add an apostrophe, then it made it clear it was english. That was initially, at least. Now, all trademarks are allowed in whatever language (including apostrophes), as long as there's french signage too. So for example, Best Buy has "magasin électronique et électroménagers" or stuff like that near it.

As for Eaton's specifically, they were famously hated here because they would refuse to hire/serve french people altogether. Which is probably why they went after them first lol.

Funny thing about Montreal - as you exited Eatons, which had direct access to the McGill subway station, there, across the street on St. Catharines was "CLUB SUPER SEX" in all its gaudy and flashing lights - the largest strip club in all of Montreal.

I almost wonder if the club located there just to spite the Eaton family.

It was one of those jarring contrasts that made Montreal such an intersting place to live.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/brianlilley/status/1438281013227032581

Here's hoping...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wild Rose making a comeback.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Let's loving gooooooo state of public health emergency people!

Ooh he's already onto blaming the population for not being grateful enough for all the efforts the province has done.

PLEASE SHOW THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS HOLY poo poo.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 16, 2021

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/elisevonscheel/status/1438292784449036293

:toot:

Congrats, you tried your hardest and did it, Jason.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

lol I played my first game of hockey last night and was kinda actually looking forward to the season, imagine socializing for the first time in like a year and a half.

Maybe they'll be allowed to institute mandatory vaccine and keep things rolling.

I'd take a canceled season if all 3 of these loving assholes went to jail, though.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
RESTRICTION EXEMPTION PROGRAM IS NOT A PASSPORT REPEAT NOT A PASSPORT.

Anyways you can show a photo or whatevs I don't give a gently caress.

Pleads posted:

Maybe they'll be allowed to institute mandatory vaccine and keep things rolling.

Jason has been very proud with touting he repealed the mandatory vaccinations law.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Apparently the staffing shortage has gotten so bad in Winnipeg people are being turned around at ERs and I know at least one person who has died. We aren’t even being hit by COVID particularly hard right and the province is still letting people loving die.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"How will you be held accountable for your actions, Kenney?"

Praises himself and what a good job the government has done and how generous they've been.

Now hinshaw is deflecting from questions about resignation by saying "well the other western provinces were doing it too!"

Kenney is sweating so much he looks like a glazed ham.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 16, 2021

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
we asked our stupid neighbors what they were doing and all decided to be stupid together.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How the gently caress did he whiff on a softball from Rick loving Bell? Rick made the most elaborate preamble to ask Kenney to apologize again and instead Kenney says he's unapologetic for his choice back in June.

This might be worse than Doug Ford's backyard blubbering press conference in the spring.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 16, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arc Hammer posted:

How the gently caress did he whiff on a softball from Rick loving Bell? Rick made the most elaborate preamble to ask Kenney to apologize again and instead Kenney says he's unapologetic for his choice back in June.

He's a loving sociopath ideologue

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This is a disaster and I'm loving it. His main defence over AB's death toll is "look at the rest of the planet before you judge me!"

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 16, 2021

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He looks like he’s having a heart attack. Too bad the hospitals are full.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I hope the stress causes him to have a fatal stroke. Ideally on screen so I could watch that miserable loving piece of poo poo as he shuffles off this mortal coil.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
I wonder if there was pressure from the federal Conservatives to hold off on this until the day after the election; Kenney clearly took marching orders to shut the gently caress up for the last few weeks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Less Fat Luke posted:

I wonder if there was pressure from the federal Conservatives to hold off on this until the day after the election; Kenney clearly took marching orders to shut the gently caress up for the last few weeks.

Of course there was pressure. Why do you think Ford prorogued the Ontario Legislature until October? Kenney basically admitted he was told to shut up two weeks ago when he said it would be inappropriate to announce policy during a federal election.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/elisevonscheel/status/1438292784449036293

:toot:

Congrats, you tried your hardest and did it, Jason.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I’m laying in a quiet hospital ward and Kenney just blasted every phone in Alberta with an emergency alert. Like 100 phones within earshot giving off the oh no noises all at once. I think the nurses all poo poo themselves and now I can hear alarms going off on other units.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Holy poo poo, this emergency alert is the most milquetoast thing ever. You can either choose to implement vaccine requirements or do mandatory masking and physical distancing.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

I’m laying in a quiet hospital ward and Kenney just blasted every phone in Alberta with an emergency alert. Like 100 phones within earshot giving off the oh no noises all at once. I think the nurses all poo poo themselves and now I can hear alarms going off on other units.

WEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOO WEEEEEE OOOOOOO WEEEEEE OOOOO

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Kenney gonna loving cause death panels in Alberta in a month.

Id toxx if I wasn't coward.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

berenzen posted:

Holy poo poo, this emergency alert is the most milquetoast thing ever. You can either choose to implement vaccine requirements or do mandatory masking and physical distancing.

And I'm sure the people that did neither will now gladly pick one! And probably be polite and courteous about it too!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Alberta: Ralph Bucks to Kenny Coffins

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

To me, the video of the CPC dude who didn’t want to answer the question seemed to be for fear of offending the PPC vote and highlights the potential of the PPC taking over the party in a couple of election cycles if CPC eats poo poo and PPC makes gains. This is a temporarily fractured electorate and the lols from right vote splitting is not worth those lunatics taking over the asylum.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Holy poo poo wtf is happening in Alberta, I mean Alberts delenda est and all that but this is ridiculous.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It's Canada's Texas, after all...

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I'm Very Glad I'm Going To Be An Earl
I have my doubts about Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois, but his sustained eloquence and substance in the provincial assembly make it hard to feel satisfied by the likes of milquetoast king Jagmeet Singh on the federal stage:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/qu...obox=1631735195

quote:

François Legault calls Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois a 'woke'
Premier's sharp response was sparked by having been compared to Maurice Duplessis.

QUEBEC — Québec solidaire co-spokesperson Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois is a “woke,” according to Premier François Legault.

The tone the premier used, during question period in the National Assembly Wednesday, left no doubt that he meant the label pejoratively, not as a compliment.

Legault evidently had felt attacked by the preamble of the question asked by Nadeau-Dubois, who had compared him to former premier Maurice Duplessis. His reply was scathing.

“The leader of Québec solidaire mentions Maurice Duplessis. He had a lot of faults, but he defended his nation. He was not a ‘woke’ like the leader of Québec solidaire,” Legault said.

The term “woke” in general is used to describe people who are highly focused on ending social injustices and especially all forms of racism.

Nadeau-Dubois had been attempting to make the point that, in his view, the premier had recently proclaimed himself “father of the Quebec nation,” by intervening in the federal election campaign to forcefully defend Quebec values, respect for provincial jurisdiction, Bill 21 on laïcité and Bill 96, amending the language laws. He reminded the premier that he had not received from Quebecers “the mandate to unilaterally decree what Quebec values are.”

By acting in that manner, Legault “succumbed to one of his worst flaws. He set about doing his best Maurice Duplessis imitation,” according to Nadeau-Dubois, who added that “there are millions of us in Quebec who do not see ourselves in him, do not see ourselves in his government; there are millions of us fed up with him presenting himself as our saviour, and our redeemer.”

When the premier called him “woke,” the Québec solidaire MNA did not take up the challenge. Instead, he replied that if “the premier wants to bring the level of debate down into the sewers, he can do so, but I won’t follow him.”

He emphasized that detractors of Bill 21 were just as much Quebecers as those who supported it. “The premier has no right to symbolically expel them from the Quebec nation because they are in disagreement with him. He is a premier, not a monarch.”

The heated debate between the two quickly went off the rails over Quebec-Ottawa relations.

Nadeau-Dubois added that while he is a sovereignist, the quarrels around federal or provincial jurisdiction don’t interest him “all that much.”

The premier seized the opportunity to conclude that what “Québec solidaire is telling us, is that between now and the next referendum, come and invade our areas of jurisdiction, we enjoy that.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

ARACHTION posted:

Holy poo poo wtf is happening in Alberta, I mean Alberts delenda est and all that but this is ridiculous.

Sure it looks bad now but

https://twitter.com/CBCScott/status/1438304201365409795