Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
best case scenario is that the chapter 2 release is a demo/teaser with the full game dropping on DR’s anniversary

because if each chapter takes this long to develop then the weather will get us first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

everdread can you use your connections to get a clean gif of the maraca dog b/c i need it as an emote

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The release date announcement on Undertale/Deltarune's twitter says "Releasing on PC + Mac" so I don't think consoles will be available yet

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Holy poo poo its happening

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Oxxidation posted:

best case scenario is that the chapter 2 release is a demo/teaser with the full game dropping on DR’s anniversary

because if each chapter takes this long to develop then the weather will get us first

i mean, BEST case scenario is this is the rest of the game in its entirety

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

So this week we get Deathloop, Eastward AND Deltarune Chapter 2?

This is going to be a hard act to top. I still need to finish Psyconauts 2.

flatluigi posted:

everdread can you use your connections to get a clean gif of the maraca dog b/c i need it as an emote

This. I don't need it for an avatar, but I DO need it on my hard drive.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
also did anyone else find it really ominous that the internet in Home has been down for possibly months

Asriel’s not incommunicado because of any awkwardness between him and Kris, he literally can’t speak to them

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Color Printer posted:

The release date announcement on Undertale/Deltarune's twitter says "Releasing on PC + Mac" so I don't think consoles will be available yet

Yeah that’s what it’s looking like. Sucks but understandable.

I really need to get a new laptop :sigh:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

also did anyone else find it really ominous that the internet in Home has been down for possibly months

Asriel’s not incommunicado because of any awkwardness between him and Kris, he literally can’t speak to them

Cut to Asriel sitting in a beanbag chair in his dorm, shrouded in a cloud of pot smoke. He lurches upright violently, a half-empty bong goes flying across the room, spilling water everywhere.

"Aw gently caress, I haven't emailed Kris in like a month. ...Oh well."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

Kris will stop at nothing to to stay at the top of the leaderboard.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Welp! Guess it's time to replay part 1!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This stream was fun. Saw the new options in the character creator and was talking with my pal about how there's new ones there and just 'oh it's a new build. this line changed, this line changed, huh lot of it is different'

When everyone was leaving 'yep he's stepping out and a movie file is about to take up the - yep there it is chapter 2 incoming'.

Now he won't stop posting ratJam emotes and won't talk to me about the game :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Color Printer posted:

That sucks if true (I only have the PS4 version) but if so hopefully it’ll hit consoles soon afterwards.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I also appreciate the unsubtle implication that after all this time Undertale was actually just a video game Asriel made before heading out to college starring ersatz versions of his friends, family and neighbours and he cast himself as the tragic final boss because he's a drama queen.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I assumed some of the Ch1 changes on stream were just cheeky things for the stream or a dev build, namely the easy Jevil key and maraca Toby.

Still really curious what exactly chapter 2 is.... like, if it's not being sold...?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I am ready for playable Noelle at last

Don't let me down Fox

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I could have sworn he said at one point that the rest of the game would be releasing all at once, but I guess it doesn't look like that's the case

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Deltarune took almost four months to get a console release so I suggest grabbing the PC version right away instead of waiting.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:supaburn: :dogcited: :supaburn: :dogcited: :supaburn: :dogcited:

I was messaging a friend with some of the edited bits, and the very obvious "that thing was on the list" re: stuff like the bunker

i am extremely excited to see what secrets chapter 2 has in store :suspense:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

somepartsareme posted:

I could have sworn he said at one point that the rest of the game would be releasing all at once, but I guess it doesn't look like that's the case

I remember that too. I'm pretty sure he definitely said it at some point. But, yeah, it. Seems like it would be very hard, based on the timeline he was describing, to create the entire game in just three years.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Deltarune took almost four months to get a console release so I suggest grabbing the PC version right away instead of waiting.

He's also not making the game by himself anymore and is having a team do it, though that seems more to do with his wrist be hella messed up.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

somepartsareme posted:

That's what he'd initially said to my recollection, but last year the update said it'd be releasing in many "Chapters."
https://undertale.com/deltarune-update-092020/

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

:supaburn: :dogcited: :supaburn: :dogcited: :supaburn: :dogcited:

I was messaging a friend with some of the edited bits, and the very obvious "that thing was on the list" re: stuff like the bunker

i am extremely excited to see what secrets chapter 2 has in store :suspense:

I swore the bunker, or something in the south was there.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Can't wait for more of my main man Nubert, he was always the best part of this game.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I wonder if he'll start charging with chapter 2 or if he plans on just releasing chapters until the final one is ready and sell that.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Republicans posted:

I wonder if he'll start charging with chapter 2 or if he plans on just releasing chapters until the final one is ready and sell that.

Chapter 1 has been charging 10 cents a month to your credit card, you just haven't noticed.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Republicans posted:

Probably being somewhat offset by limited physical releases and merch, no matter what

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Republicans posted:

Also in the case of the eventual console release I wonder if Chapter 2 will be an update to the existing game or a new one you’ll have to purchase and download separately (I’m guessing the latter since he said a while back that only the first part is free, though it could still be released as a purchasable addon however).

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hogama posted:

That's what he'd initially said to my recollection, but last year the update said it'd be releasing in many "Chapters."
https://undertale.com/deltarune-update-092020/

rereading this, Toby explicitly mentions "Chapters 3+" in his progress charting

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Chronojam posted:

Probably being somewhat offset by limited physical releases and merch, no matter what

I was going to say that if the stream sent a link to the new Ralsei plush preorders they would have sold out immediately. Fluffy boy fluffy boy fluffy boy.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

rereading this, Toby explicitly mentions "Chapters 3+" in his progress charting
Going by this line in the update:

quote:

Once we finish Chapter 2, I would like to use it as the base to create future chapters from. After gaining experience from this chapter, I think making future chapters will be easier.
I'm thinking maybe Chapter 2 will be an extension on the demo, with the rest of the game maybe releasing together as something you buy?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Procrastine posted:

PIE THEORY CONFIRMED

it'll be a double fakeout I can feel it

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I hope he knows how to make cutscenes now

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Save file porting confirmed, huh? Guess I'm going in with my Violent save :black101:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kris gets a gun at the end of chapter 2.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

YggiDee posted:

After talking about his hosed up cutscene system from chapter 1 he said he has an actual cutscene engine for future chapters

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Going by this line in the update:

I'm thinking maybe Chapter 2 will be an extension on the demo, with the rest of the game maybe releasing together as something you buy?

it sounds like most everything is already designed, it's just a matter of programming it. hopefully the rest of it will have a better timeline, because I really did worry it was in dev hell

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Now they're all While statements.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

controversially, i think the earth and human society will still exist in 20 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also what's the nubert cameo joke, I didn't catch the entire stream.