Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Manatee Cannon posted:

childe being rate up again would be so strange to me
It's totally nonsensical, but for some reason I want to believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

childe being rate up again would be so strange to me

If memory serves, the liyue festival happened during the Xiao and Keqing banners, and the mondstadt festival had the venti and childe reruns, right? The Childe rerun back then was always a little weird because it ran without story content of some sort to tie in to (unlike Klee, Zhongli, or Venti with the festival). Purely my speculation, but what if the original plan was to have the liyue festival with Xiao and Keqing paired with a mondstadt festival of venti and jean or diluc... and the keqing banner did so poorly they just threw in Childe for a substitute?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they were (almost) being re-run in order except klee was after zhongli rather than before tartaglia. if you imagine inazuma slipped 1 patch cycle (because of covid) then they had to fill in 2 extra banners and in the current ordering klee was inserted later so that tartaglia could be re-run sooner, creating as much space as possible between the filler re-run and this story related one.

if that was the original plan then this upcoming patch having childe story content would have lined up perfectly with him being the 3rd banner they ran again.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also, gacha's have weird rear end re-run times all the time.

Fate Grand Order literally re-ran a banner of a new character a month after she came out.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Klee rerun had an event and so did Venti. They are probably all planning for event/stories and just needed some filler for one patch.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Also, gacha's have weird rear end re-run times all the time.

Fate Grand Order literally re-ran a banner of a new character a month after she came out.
tbf in morgans case the lb6 release structure was kinda weird and piece meal, and they reran her after the story had explored her a lot more.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

kater posted:

Klee rerun had an event and so did Venti. They are probably all planning for event/stories and just needed some filler for one patch.

yeah in this case if 1.4 and 1.5 had been combined we would have had eula and rosaria on the same patch (their kits are definitely intended to pair together) along with Venti for the windblume festival and then the klee banner happens in 1.6 as it was now, with childe being our 3rd re-run next patch. this makes me wonder if a 5 star slipped to 2.3 as well for some reason (they're inviting testers for that patch way earlier than normal which implies it might be a big patch, maybe a big electro re-work happening along with yae?)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's also weird in that they could've just....gave Diluc/Jean a rate up for the first time ever instead of an awkward Childe rerun.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

counterpoint: he's boring and looks like a Kingdom Hearts reject

Oh no! Imagine if someone walked in on you playing as him!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bennett really does give the solo adventure vibe, i like how he's got all the stuff strapped to his back that shakes around when you run. oh and whatever his collar is doing, since pretending it's bunny ears seems to be a cute thing multiple fanartists have picked up.

his shirt is a mess though, they wanted that midriff but then backtrack into...a bellybutton keyhole? and his shirt is only really fastened in the middle. plus he has vents in his shorts for some reason

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Radical posted:

they were (almost) being re-run in order except klee was after zhongli rather than before tartaglia. if you imagine inazuma slipped 1 patch cycle (because of covid) then they had to fill in 2 extra banners and in the current ordering klee was inserted later so that tartaglia could be re-run sooner, creating as much space as possible between the filler re-run and this story related one.

if that was the original plan then this upcoming patch having childe story content would have lined up perfectly with him being the 3rd banner they ran again.

Oh that makes so much more sense. I was like, no way these rumors are stupid but now I'm buying it.

I dunno how I feel about it though because I want to collect the men but also, war criminal. Skipped him twice already but I'm gonna roll for Thoma so guess it'll depend on whether they put them together.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

xedo posted:

If memory serves, the liyue festival happened during the Xiao and Keqing banners, and the mondstadt festival had the venti and childe reruns, right? The Childe rerun back then was always a little weird because it ran without story content of some sort to tie in to (unlike Klee, Zhongli, or Venti with the festival). Purely my speculation, but what if the original plan was to have the liyue festival with Xiao and Keqing paired with a mondstadt festival of venti and jean or diluc... and the keqing banner did so poorly they just threw in Childe for a substitute?

from what I understand, the childe banners sold pretty poorly compared to most of the others so it's just weird to me that he's the guy they'd run 3 times

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

from what I understand, the childe banners sold pretty poorly compared to most of the others so it's just weird to me that he's the guy they'd run 3 times

i dunno if that's true, but his first banner was right before Zhongli, and his second banner was sandwiched between Venti and Zhongli. I can see why he'd do poorly.

if his third banner is between a hu tao rerun and idk yae or something, mhy will really have just slapped him with the bad schedule every time.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Give Bennett a costume where he cosplays as Diluc.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

i dunno if that's true, but his first banner was right before Zhongli, and his second banner was sandwiched between Venti and Zhongli. I can see why he'd do poorly.

if his third banner is between a hu tao rerun and idk yae or something, mhy will really have just slapped him with the bad schedule every time.

this will be really funny if the extreme baseless theory of them killing him now happens

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

this will be really funny if the extreme baseless theory of them killing him now happens
kill him and then rerun hu tao

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

actually this makes me wonder if future reruns are going to have some new content associated with them, that seems like a lot of work (work that they actually did for year one somehow lol)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well there's apparently voice data tied to the new 2.2 event which seems focused on Childe, Sara, and Xinyan (who you get for free) so it may still be the case

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Incidentally, is anyone else mildly annoyed that Sara is called Kujou Sara (her full name) in all the UI elements? Are the other Inazuma characters like that too?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yes, the inazuman characters are all referred to by their full name. have fun with sangonomiya kokomi btw

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Kazuha, Ayaka and the Shogun get full names, Yoimiya and Sayu don't.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Clarste posted:

Incidentally, is anyone else mildly annoyed that Sara is called Kujou Sara (her full name) in all the UI elements? Are the other Inazuma characters like that too?

It's true of all of them except Yoimiya and Sayu, presumably to reflect their statuses—in the period Inazuma is based off of, common folk didn't have/use last names but samurai and members of noble families did.

I don't like the decision much either, but we also don't call Hu Tao just plain old Tao, so... :shrug:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

What about Eula Lawrence though? Her relationship with her noble family is like her entire character.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I still want Fischl's full title.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i was expecting lawrence written phonetically to be really long but it works out to only be 3 characters (her full name would be the same length as kokomi's) so it was probably just a gimmick for the japanese characters. the difference between 2 and 4-5 character names, aesthetically speaking, isn't too far from the 1-2 character names the other characters have in chinese. it looks a bit goofy in english however.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the devs have made the decision to (mostly) use full names for asian characters when their families are relevant, whereas they dont do this for western characters. this is a stylistic choice related to how western characters are referred to versus chinese/japanese characters, as well as a choice made due to character constraints. in chinese/japanese, chinese and japanese names can be represented in only a few characters, whereas something like jean's full name would take twice as many. basically, there is no significant increase in character count for putting in 'kujou sara' in full compared to some of the longer western names.

Radical posted:

i was expecting lawrence written phonetically to be really long but it works out to only be 3 characters (her full name would be the same length as kokomi's) so it was probably just a gimmick for the japanese characters. the difference between 2 and 4-5 character names, aesthetically speaking, isn't too far from the 1-2 character names the other characters have in chinese. it looks a bit goofy in english however.

lawrence is fairly short in chinese but something like gunnhildr or ragnvidr isnt.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Clarste posted:

What about Eula Lawrence though? Her relationship with her noble family is like her entire character.

Different culture, different rules, etc.

It's why we don't have Klee Worldender.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvtJJfuRSlo

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
I heard that Jean, Barbara and Qiqi would do well against the corruption ley line on the next abyss floor 11 cause of their team healing. Is their a reason why Sayu is not mentioned or was she overlooked? Planning on having Jean on team 1 and Sayu on team 2. Got a C0 Sayu however.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Mang Tomas posted:

I heard that Jean, Barbara and Qiqi would do well against the corruption ley line on the next abyss floor 11 cause of their team healing. Is their a reason why Sayu is not mentioned or was she overlooked? Planning on having Jean on team 1 and Sayu on team 2. Got a C0 Sayu however.

Her team heal isn't very potent. Only the initial activation the burst heals the group, and its scaling is pretty bad. Level 13 is worse than Jean's at level 1. Her passive group healing requires her to be active, which is probably not great for DPS. Finally, a lot of people probably don't have many of her constellations.

She can probably manage though.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

Her team heal isn't very potent. Only the initial activation the burst heals the group, and its scaling is pretty bad. Level 13 is worse than Jean's at level 1. Her passive group healing requires her to be active, which is probably not great for DPS. Finally, a lot of people probably don't have many of her constellations.

She can probably manage though.

Also she requires different builds to focus on one type of healing or the other. ATK if you want her burst to do a big heal, or EM if you want to heal the team while rolling around at the speed of sound.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jean just wins out because of superior heal + energy battery + VV + physics damage. She's my favorite character I wish I could play more of.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I want Jean just because VV + Healing seems like a pretty potent support combo.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Actually looking forward to killing geovishaps in Abyss again, since Kokomi farming has given me a lot of practice. I wish it were the two at a time kind though.

https://i.imgur.com/dw8RXA6.mp4

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Here are some nice stats on the playerbase that has been missing since the last issue of Teyvat Times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvtJJfuRSlo

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

gandlethorpe posted:

Actually looking forward to killing geovishaps in Abyss again, since Kokomi farming has given me a lot of practice. I wish it were the two at a time kind though.

https://i.imgur.com/dw8RXA6.mp4

just fyi I did the math again, this time not on a napkin, and it looks like 2pc heart of depths is superior to 2pc millileth, if you intend to use kokomi's burst for damage. If you're gonna healbot kokomi its fine, though in that case may as well go full 4pc maidens instead.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I just started playing last month so I want any and all reruns but I'd really like Childe because he's definitely one of my favorite characters.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oof, Array is a huge slog. My buffs are poo poo today, though. I think I can do it on a good day.

Floor 11 wasn't so bad. Diona definitely struggled to keep people from dying, but still managed. Had Jean on my other team and it was like there wasn't even a debuff.

Hazdoc posted:

just fyi I did the math again, this time not on a napkin, and it looks like 2pc heart of depths is superior to 2pc millileth, if you intend to use kokomi's burst for damage. If you're gonna healbot kokomi its fine, though in that case may as well go full 4pc maidens instead.

I like 4pc Millileth for the team buff. She's not a full time DPS by nature, so a buff that she can have up virtually 100% is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
PMA is definitely a huge dps check but the top floor is so generous and fast that I think most people who cleared older abyss iterations should be fine. 12-1-1 and 12-3-1 are probably the fastest and easiest floors I had to deal while using ayaka. PMA fight went as poorly as it could possibly go, with me entering the fight at 0 energy for everyone since I finished 12-2-2 with raiden initial ult hit, got no energy back and then I sabotaged myself by ulting at the wrong moment multiple times but ayaka gave me so much time that it was not an issue.

https://i.imgur.com/Goeezve.mp4

Not sure about how this compares in terms of dps required to the older abyss, but its the least dangerous since the second geo shield one.

gandlethorpe posted:

Floor 11 wasn't so bad. Diona definitely struggled to keep people from dying, but still managed. Had Jean on my other team and it was like there wasn't even a debuff.

My team with diona actually completely bleed out 1 time vs a bunch of frozen enemies so I feel like there might be some bugs involved.
Edit: I completely misread how the blead is applied, this explains everything.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Sep 16, 2021