Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I kind of stop paying attention after the song about murdering a dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You must really love this person. I’d have pushed them down the stairs by now.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1438280230494474240

Just so angry with covid, not only did it rob us of millions of people worldwide, our children's proper development in classrooms and quality time with our families, it stole from me my sacred... *squints* ...commute?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I actually like having a decent commute. :shrug: I never have traffic and it’s nice to go from work mode to home mode. When I worked from home I was miserable because eventually it just started feeling like living at work.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have a 40 minute commute to school and then I drive 5 minutes to work and I work a 10 hour shift and then I have a 40 minute drive home

I would kill to not have to do that drive but life circumstances preclude me moving right now so

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

We regret to inform you the libs are at it again.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is that the only reason?

The other reason is that Rent sucks poo poo

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1438280230494474240

Just so angry with covid, not only did it rob us of millions of people worldwide, our children's proper development in classrooms and quality time with our families, it stole from me my sacred... *squints* ...commute?

I can almost understand it, especially if you've got a family. Provided it's not too long or otherwise unpleasant, the trip home is a satisfying chill and stress-free point. I walked home, so it was okay exercise. And crucially, a moment (relatively) by yourself to think, plan, or just go 'gently caress THIIIIIIIIIS'.

The trip home wasn't the highlight of my day, but it was also pretty drat low on the list of 'things I'm happy to not do'. Sure, I can take a walk after clocking off work, but given most days I haven't been assed putting shoes on that's effort I don't always put in.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I actually like having a decent commute. :shrug: I never have traffic and it’s nice to go from work mode to home mode. When I worked from home I was miserable because eventually it just started feeling like living at work.

There's nothing stopping you from setting an alarm then going for a 40 minute joyride to segue between phases of your day if that'd help.

I've had 40-120 minutes of heavy urban freeway traffic for about 2 decades, so I don't miss it.
I'm probably averaging about 4-5 extra hours of work a week, but considering I'm saving 6-15 hours of commuting, I'm still coming out ahead.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Coolness Averted posted:

There's nothing stopping you from setting an alarm then going for a 40 minute joyride to segue between phases of your day if that'd help.

That’s not really the same, having an entirely different location is a big part too. As is having to put on pants.

Lucky for me the Venn diagram of the kind of jobs I do /like/am good at and jobs that can be done from home or outsourced are two circles with a forty minute drive between them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Read After Burning posted:

Within the past three years or so, I tried watching a few random episodes of Arrested Development...I only found Job and Lucille funny. :colbert:
I found that you have to watch a few episodes to really start enjoying it. I said previously that I'd never rewatched it, but I realise now that I did rewatch it once, pretty soon after the first time I watched it. And I remember that, the first time, I thought the first couple of episodes were really bad but it got good as it went on. But then on a rewatch the first couple of episodes were hilarious. I think you need to get to know the characters.

Also, watching random episodes sounds like a terrible idea since so many of the jokes are based on call-backs and repetition.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If the only thing making you do something that helps you relax each day is your boss forcing you to commute then maybe you should have a look at working on your motivations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I loving love not having to spend two hours a workday stuck in traffic, personally.

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!
Commuting to work is terrible even if you live somewhere it doesn't require you to drive. Being able to work from home is the only good thing that's happened to me during this entire epidemic.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'm field based so WFH isn't an option, and commutes are loving poo poo no matter the circumstances.

Always wonder how people who work from home find separating work/personal space when it's the same place?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Commuting home is only great because you're done with work. I'm just as happy on the walk from my desk to the couch.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Ratjaculation posted:

I'm field based so WFH isn't an option, and commutes are loving poo poo no matter the circumstances.

Always wonder how people who work from home find separating work/personal space when it's the same place?

For me it’s just hit the switch on the kvm, disable any notifications from work stuff and refuse to think about work anymore until the next morning. Having it in the same physical location doesn’t bother me at all.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

My commute is only 10-15 minutes but I'd trade my firstborn to not share a road with my psychotic tailgating coworkers.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, they just recently started bringing us back a few days a week and as someone taking septa for 45 minutes to an hour each way allow me to say gently caress that. Oh sure, I'd rather that than drive on the Schuylkill and I get to listen to podcasts and whatever, gently caress it I still hate having to dedicate an extra 8-10 hours to work and having to pay for the privilege to do it.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

My commute is only 10-15 minutes but I'd trade my firstborn to not share a road with my psychotic tailgating coworkers.

I a few years you will be cruising on your Tesla along the Boring Company tunnel while listening to Joe Rogan. Everything will be perfect.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Ratjaculation posted:

"Living at work" is what we call it.

Although joke's on the bosses cuz I do gently caress all when I'm in the office too.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/damnyouwillis/status/1438465142354849795

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/ArtsyAegis/status/1438283511358709764

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Was he the star of Beetleborgs or something?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Ratjaculation posted:

Unplugging my remote work phone at 5pm and closing any software I use for work (including the different browser I have for work stuff rather than personal stuff) honestly does it just fine for me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Keep fighting the good fight, DBZMpregFanclub

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I love the awful Photoshop of ReBoot characters around him

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
ReBoot, that's what I was thinking of.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Was he the star of Beetleborgs or something?

Flabber's birthday is June 28

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Who the gently caress is Flabber? The sequel to Flubber?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

WHO is FLABBER!?!? WHO is F L A B B E R!?!?!?

I'm having an extremely difficult time keeping my composure right now

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I googled "flabber" and all I got was "Did you mean flabbergasted?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Haha, try "Flabber Beetleborgs"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

No that's Jay Leno, who's Flabber?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn't that just Jay Leno dressed up like the genie from Aladdin?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The Jay is for Jinn

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Brawnfire posted:

The Jay is for Jinn

The Djay is for Djinn

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Ratjaculation posted:

I switch from the bad screen to the good screen, basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I love the awful Photoshop of ReBoot characters around him

Hey! Some of those are Beast Wars, thank you very much.