Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Especially since we just had a lovely Clone Wars rehash 3-4 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

nemesis_hub posted:

But the fact that he’s capable of telling better Spidey stories makes it even more galling.

Superior Foes gave me such hope, and you can see it in most of the Boomerang stuff, but at the end of the day it turns into another Secret Empire instead.

Like, 73 is such a mind shattering info dump that nobody wanted or needed it is hard to believe an editor agreed to it.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Having kids that were not Harry

I still don't get how this was messing with Norman. Having kids that aren't Harry seems like a plus to me.

I mean, I always thought of Norman Osborn as the Marvel Universe's Trump, but I just now realized that Harry fits perfectly as Don Jr.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Esplanade posted:

I still don't get how this was messing with Norman. Having kids that aren't Harry seems like a plus to me.

I mean, I always thought of Norman Osborn as the Marvel Universe's Trump, but I just now realized that Harry fits perfectly as Don Jr.

Cause Harry is such a disappointment to Norman. It’s kids who he can be proud of, and they are not real.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
the only way to solve this all? the big hero? stanley osborne

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Smashed thirty issues of Chip’s Daredevil in two days on Unlimited. Excellent stuff. Definitely going monthly for the crossover event.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Man, if you're not reading It's Jeff on Marvel Unlimited, you're missing out. :kimchi:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's Jeff is very good, seconded. It's a big, dumb love letter to Marvel comics.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/comicsbeat/status/1438184978030993408

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kang is really, really good.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Looks like someone clicked the wrong button for the Unlimited upload, both New Mutants and X Corp let me read their July issues straight after finishing the ones that were scheduled today.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's a good thing I don't care about X-Corp then. But how was New Mutants? Do they finally perma kill Shadow King?

EDIT: I think I read that post wrong, nevermind.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

for all that its doing X-corp is just boring. :|

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I liked that issue 3 had some more Madrox. But yeah, Warren and Monet being supercilious in boardrooms doesn't do that much for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
warren and monet are to running a company as the hellions are to being functional members of society. except hellions is good, of course.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

how did I not know Method Man had a Marvel podcast until yesterday?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Really burying the lede that it's called Marvel/Method, which is just brilliant.

I listened to the episode that he did with Killer Mike and Chris Claremont, it was a pretty good chat. Method Man, correctly, really likes Quentin Quire.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I posted it about it when it came out and nobody seemed to care! It's really good!

X-O posted:

So I had no idea this was going to be a thing but Method Man is making a Marvel Podcast. Maybe 2021 really is going to be a good year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfux7yWCidI

I was wrong about 2021 being a good year, but I was right to be hype for the podcast.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

He was also apparently Ben Urich in an audio drama based on Marvels. Anyone check that out?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wait, GotG is over?? Where did it go? Is it coming back? :ohdear:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Ewing still can't hang on to a book it seems. Hulk was an anomaly. I imagine Venom will still sell good too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Marvel's not going to let one of their top movie franchises idle for too long.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

BrianWilly posted:

Wait, what?! That Star-Lord thing felt like an extremely long term set-up. What happened?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it might have something to do with why Ewing signed up for that Subslack thing. It's a shame, I really though we were gonna dive deeper into the whole Morinus deal.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Duggan and Cates had relatively short runs on Guardians as well. All three runs were a lot of fun but maybe Marvel just has an expectation on what a Guardians book should do numbers wise and it's just not getting there. All three runs seemed to end much sooner than most people thought. Duggan got to extend his a little bit with Infinity Wars. Duggan's was pretty much the movie team but Cates and Ewing seemed to really expand the roster. Maybe that expanded roster turned some readers off. I dunno really.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I am sad about the end of GotG but I am pleased that Ewing could throw down the gauntlet to the X-Office by saying "I'll see your implied polycule and raise you a near-explicit one"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They just going to cancel all the books I like, huh? Oh, well. Keeps finances from getting out of control I guess.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot
Also stunned by the last page of GotG being all SEE YA!

But I'd also like to note here that Vulpes is crushing it once again. Death of Doctor Strange first issue was really good! The last page was such a great cliffhanger. And Moon Knight: also great!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Death of Doctor Strange didn't have enough Bats imo. When Bats isn't on panel, the other characters should be asking "Where's Bats?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

Death of Doctor Strange didn't have enough Bats imo. When Bats isn't on panel, the other characters should be asking "Where's Bats?"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
you fools! vulpes has said he can't use our ideas, we should be insisting that bats not be in the comics at all and definitely not on every page.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
has anybody been reading the star wars comics recently? after watching visions i figured i'd give the post-ep 5 runs a go since i fell off the whole line when they moved up the timeline. i was just curious if it's kinda important to read the main star wars book and vader sequentially, like sw 1, vader 1, sw 2, vader 2, or if i can just read them separately until i hit that huge bounty hunters crossover

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

has anybody been reading the star wars comics recently? after watching visions i figured i'd give the post-ep 5 runs a go since i fell off the whole line when they moved up the timeline. i was just curious if it's kinda important to read the main star wars book and vader sequentially, like sw 1, vader 1, sw 2, vader 2, or if i can just read them separately until i hit that huge bounty hunters crossover

Vader (current run) is insanely cool and good and more of the good Vader stuff. Aphra spun it’s wheels forever but it’s now crossing over with other poo poo and maybe heading into good territory again. I’ve skipped most of the bounty hunter stuff and jumped from the main Star Wars book a while back.

As for the books they’re independent of one another until the cross-over. Every now and then they’ll reference another book in the line but it’ll tell you what issue its from.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
awesome. thanks

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I actually really like the Bounty Hunters book. Bringing back Valance from the 70s comics is a fun idea, and he has been pretty well written mostly. The run also has tons of other cool bounty hunters, especially a killer issue story about Bossk.

Definitely the best one other than Vader.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Which current Marvel comics would you say are worth reading?
Most of the stuff I like has ended in some way or another.
Right now I'm only reading the stuff from Kelly Thompson and Jed MacKay anymore.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 24, 2021

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Daredevil is good, it's "ending" after a big event soon though. It'll be immediately relaunching under a different name.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Finally figured out how to get new-and-improved Marvel Unlimited working and goddamnit It's Jeff! is perfection. :allears:

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Yvonmukluk posted:

Finally figured out how to get new-and-improved Marvel Unlimited working and goddamnit It's Jeff! is perfection. :allears:

The new layout and format is trash. Harder to search for random books, it wiped a lot of my “keep reading” books, and events are no longer organized in a decent way. I seriously regret upgrading.

It’s Jeff is adorable magic, tho 🤩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Which current Marvel comics would you say are worth reading?
Most of the stuff I like has ended in some way or another.
Right now I'm only reading the stuff from Kelly Thompson and Jed MacKay anymore.

S.W.O.R.D. is my favourite Marvel thing at the moment, but it's stooped pretty heavily in the narrative goop of the X-Men, so I'm not sure if it's accessible in isolation.