Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Obv if your twitter profile includes enough laser eyes the Fed will have no choice but to disband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/steve_hanke/status/1438182455517736962?s=20

https://twitter.com/jdennehy_writes/status/1434213973004636162?s=20

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 16, 2021

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
It's amazing how many libertarian success stories involve heavily armed government agents forcing you to do something you don't want to

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ikanreed posted:

It's amazing how many libertarian success stories involve heavily armed government agents forcing you to do something you don't want to

Bitcoin is in a lot of ways more American than America: it stands defiant of the US government for stupid reasons and is already destroying Latin-American countries.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Bitcoin will make you free, and if you don't agree the men with guns will beat you with the stock of their rifles until you do!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Does LHR = Low Hash Rate?

lol

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
LHR is way too abstract. They need to call it YOU NO BITCOIN

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Are these LHR cards somehow good for everything but mining?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt the anti butts purely software based, and it was bypassed / """"patched""" by coinzers?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah, Nvidia's LHR cards will halve their efficiency if they detect ethereum mining. Unfortunately crypto is only part of the GPU supply shortage so it's made no difference to how easy it is to get one.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Party Boat posted:

Yeah, Nvidia's LHR cards will halve their efficiency if they detect ethereum mining. Unfortunately crypto is only part of the GPU supply shortage so it's made no difference to how easy it is to get one.
Bitcoiners have managed to get that back up to ~70%.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Buying a new card for mining is a risky choice either way since Ethereum is claiming to move over to Proof of Stake like...Any Day Now

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

ymgve posted:

Buying a new card for mining is a risky choice either way since Ethereum is claiming to move over to Proof of Stake like...Any Day Now

This post brought to you by the year 2017:

2017: the year crypto was going to $100,000

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

tehinternet posted:

This post brought to you by the year 2017:

2017: the year crypto was going to $100,000

buttlord: "the price now is still higher than the price in 2017" :smugbert:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bitcoin price can still get to 100k in 2017.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

kw0134 posted:

Bitcoin will make you free, and if you don't agree the men with guns will beat you with the stock of their rifles until you do!

Bitcoin macht frei

Is there a German word for bitcoin?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

latinotwink1997 posted:

Bitcoin macht frei

Is there a German word for bitcoin?

Scheiße Münze

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Schmidt Coin

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

nomad2020 posted:

Does LHR = Low Hash Rate?

lol

I think it's Lite Hash Rate, but yes. Also, non-LHR cards are going out of production so very soon all Nvidia cards will be LHR aside from the 3090 which is a terrible card for mining because of the cost.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what does Proof of Steak mean again?

Is it like the SSD thing where "empty" space is used for butt voodoo, a rainforce is burned down, and SSD are worn out in weeks instead of years and e-waste is made?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

PhazonLink posted:

Is it like the SSD thing where "empty" space is used for butt voodoo, a rainforce is burned down, and SSD are worn out in weeks instead of years and e-waste is made?

it means the people with the most buttcoins will decide who gets into the blockchain and get all the "mining" rewards

ChronoBasher
Jul 2, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

The SSD thing is "proof of space" in which SSDs are written to and burned through writing and shuffling terabytes of bingo cards of hash tables. They are then stored on hard drives and when your bingo number is called you get the block reward.

The netspace of bingo cards is now approaching 35 Exobytes.

Don't buy any used SSDs right now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ymgve posted:

it means the people with the most buttcoins will decide who gets into the blockchain and get all the "mining" rewards

that doesnt sound right, you must be explaining it wrong

drk
Jan 16, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

that doesnt sound right, you must be explaining it wrong

yeah its basically a "to each according to the size of his wallet"

out with the old oligarchs, in with the new

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I have 350 in crypto plus an 80 dollar urbit planet. Am I the bourgeoisie now

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What's urbit?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DrowningInDreams posted:

I have 350 in crypto plus an 80 dollar urbit planet. Am I the bourgeoisie now

With crypto this could mean $350, $350mm, or $0.350 but we all know it's $0.350

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Paladinus posted:

What's urbit?

It's a combination operating system and internet network built on top of *nix based systems starting from its own version of assembly up to a basic GUI. At the moment its only real use is as a personal server and chat client. Also it was incepted by Curtis Yarvin, aka Mencius Moldbug, although he is no longer involved with the project. Also, each server ID is tied to a cryptographic asset on the Ethererum blockchain and whenever anything in the client breaks you have to pay a gas fee to regenerate new keys and breach continuity, losing all your server data. So I've spent $20 on my Urbit Planet and about $50 on breaches so far.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DrowningInDreams posted:

It's a combination operating system and internet network built on top of *nix based systems starting from its own version of assembly up to a basic GUI. At the moment its only real use is as a personal server and chat client. Also it was incepted by Curtis Yarvin, aka Mencius Moldbug, although he is no longer involved with the project. Also, each server ID is tied to a cryptographic asset on the Ethererum blockchain and whenever anything in the client breaks you have to pay a gas fee to regenerate new keys and breach continuity, losing all your server data. So I've spent $20 on my Urbit Planet and about $50 on breaches so far.

You could have just farted

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

jokes posted:

You could have just farted

Stop being neurotypical

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

DrowningInDreams posted:

Stop being neurotypical

You trolling or off your meds again?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Zil posted:

You trolling or off your meds again?

I am having a somewhat bad mental health day actually thank you for asking.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

DrowningInDreams posted:

I am having a somewhat bad mental health day actually thank you for asking.

Do you have someone to call to talk to? Or have a plan of action for what to do when times get bad like this?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Zil posted:

Do you have someone to call to talk to? Or have a plan of action for what to do when times get bad like this?

Yes I self isolate and shitpost, why?

(I have someone to talk to I am just not talking to them right now)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

DrowningInDreams posted:

Yes I self isolate and shitpost, why?

(I have someone to talk to I am just not talking to them right now)

Just making sure you're safe.

----------------------------------------

Now back to buttcoin lols

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Zil posted:

Just making sure you're safe.

----------------------------------------

Now back to buttcoin lols

they are paying money every time they reinstall a linux, that is the opposite of being safe

ymgve fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 17, 2021

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DrowningInDreams posted:

Oh. Then you're just stupid, I guess.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Paladinus posted:

Oh. Then you're just stupid, I guess.

Correct conclusion via erroneous reasoning. You have to show your work or you get zero points, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
When calling me a dumbass on the pig balls website, it's very important to use Harvard-style references.

The moldbug infestation has moved from your busted linux to your busted posting, sorry op.