Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

SpikeVax wounds xxxxxtreme. Like you gotta slam down some Mountain Dew with that SpikeVax, Jack. This ain't your daddy's vaccine! To the maxxxxxxx with the vaxxxxxx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Very disappointed none of them had the balls to call their vaccine Ivermektin or something.

Comirnaty is just a straight up garbage name that's a pain to pronounce, though.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Getting Brain Candy vibes with names like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUMnR4SnECU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1438238505025474561?s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

DariusLikewise posted:

Alledgedly Ken Lee has signed up 4,000 new PC party memberships that are mostly PPC types. The last PC leadership was in 2006(Brian Pallister was acclimated as leader in 2012) and that only had 9000 total votes so get ready for a close rear end race that everyone thought was a lay up for Heather Stefanson.

Final update

https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1438543364236922883?s=20

They didn't let Ken Lee on the ballot for some reason so it's a two horse race

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Pleads posted:

Very disappointed none of them had the balls to call their vaccine Ivermektin or something.

Comirnaty is just a straight up garbage name that's a pain to pronounce, though.
I think that literally every pronounceable name has already been taken so they've gotta go with unpronounceable insanity if they want to differentiate their product sufficiently. Sometimes the brand names are even worse than the generic names - like, one of the investigational agents for COVID-19 was tocilizumab, which is branded as Actemra, neither of which are easy to say in any known language.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Pleads posted:

Worse than Vaxzevria? I think not.

Also the FDA announced the Pfizer/Moderna names a while ago but Vaxzevria is new to me and I definitely think it's the worst of the bunch. How many words can you think of with 'xz' in them?

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
https://twitter.com/gqinsk/status/1438559733204520970

About freaking time you dumbass

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Deena Hinshaw and Verna Yiu are back up today. I have a bad feeling they're gonna make an ICU announcement about moving to a triage situation.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I'm getting a really bad feeling RE: the PPC and CPC. There's a lot of people voting for them that you'd never suspect of it unless they trust you or feel that you wouldn't judge them for their decisions. I'm hearing from coworkers and suppliers at my job how they're voting PPC because they feel that the Canadian government has failed in it's primary functions, is too big, corrupt or is overreaching so they just wanna burn the whole thing down and weaken the federal govt's influence over local affairs. I think the polls are highly misleading regarding how much support the PPC will get. Like one of my good friends is a civil engineer and a partner in a boutique firm that does water related projects and he thinks the government is garbage because of their interference in efficient water works projects and other details. He hates Trudeau with a passion and thinks he's being to authoritarian over individual rights and thinks a lot of the climate change regs are just unnecessary taxes on regular people and that the govt doesn't offer proper solutions like nuclear energy or a well thought out replacement plan for fossil fuels. So he's voting CPC for the first time in his life because he doesn't think the govt can do anything correctly so it must be destroyed rather than reformed.

Kraftwerk fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 16, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Should have called one Vaxxerella.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Deena Hinshaw and Verna Yiu are back up today. I have a bad feeling they're gonna make an ICU announcement about moving to a triage situation.

I’m right next to the atrium that leads to the ICU in red deer. They were drawing from a small pool of beds stored there and were last night down to 2.

This morning I woke up and is full Of spare beds.

Forgive the blurring my phone has need dropped about 80 times this week

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They were previously airlifting patients out of the ICU.

I bet the announcement is triple bunking

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 16, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/ABBedClosures/status/1438549694280441878?s=20

https://twitter.com/ABBedClosures/status/1438549698164367382?s=20

Yeah probably...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I wonder how my unvaccianted Albertan relatives are taking all this bad healthcare news, maybe I'll just saunter over to facebook and check it out....

Oh.....good

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oof. Yeah, that's not good. Hopefully the feds can deploy support to Alberta like they did for Ontario.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Don't kid yourself were days away from ab patients being shipped to BC and Saskatchewan

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

linoleum floors posted:

Don't kid yourself were days away from ab patients being shipped to BC and Saskatchewan

https://twitter.com/ABBedClosures/status/1438549692619505668?s=20

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Even with patient transfer loving lol at 4:1 staffing ratios in the ICU. That's poo poo tier care and Alberta is totally hosed.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

My cousin is going to die because she has stomach cancer and was waiting to have surgery in Calgary but it kept being delayed and now she's not viable for it.

gently caress every anti vaxxer, I hope they drown in their own fluids.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Saskatchewan won't take anyone they've got their own crisis to deal with and they're putting in a vaccine passport system with details coming in about an hour.

Cue Kenney yelling that nobody will help his province and getting pissed off that Trudeau is rescuing Albertans.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Is there an Eastern Canadians FOR #Wexit group? Would anyone like to start one with me?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My local Green candidate has decided to endorse the local NDP candidate. Weird election.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_afOjoVkAA9kAc?format=jpg&name=large

angerbot fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 16, 2021

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

queeb posted:

My cousin is going to die because she has stomach cancer and was waiting to have surgery in Calgary but it kept being delayed and now she's not viable for it.

That's awful, I share your hope.

Anyone unvaccinated and eligible should be at the absolute arse-end of triage. Like, you'll get seen by a doctor once we've dealt with this patient who's presented with a nasty hangnail. And you'll get kicked right the gently caress out of that bed if hangnail dude decides he'd like your bed to put his feet up on while he recovers. You don't want modern science? Good, go cough your lungs out in the forest, you thick gently caress!

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

queeb posted:

gently caress, that's terrible. If your cousin is comfortable, she should consider sharing her story - for some reason people aren't getting that a total health care system collapse isn't just killing antivaxxers, it's killing people who are unable to access care. And those people aren't likely to be included in reports of the UCP death toll.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Scott Moe is taking the tough guy approach with this announcement to condemn the unvaccinated.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Good time as ever to repost this

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

queeb posted:

This is my worst nightmare, to have this happen to somebody I know at this time

I'm really sorry things turned out that way, anti vax dogs should be kept in a tent behind the hospital until they choke to death

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

ERMAHGERD COMIRNATY

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

queeb posted:

I can't imagine how unbelievably frustrating and horrible that is. I'm really sorry. :(

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol Rick Bell is on CBC News Network and he's on a tear.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Alberta's health records website is working great!

Has been 'paused' for about 15 minutes so far, after joining to a queue of over 100,000 and being told it'd be an hour to log in.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

LOL I don't understand why people are rushing to log into that, the information it shows in there is pretty crappy, and the non vaccine passport vaccine passport doesn't show up till Sunday.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

PittTheElder posted:

LOL I don't understand why people are rushing to log into that, the information it shows in there is pretty crappy, and the non vaccine passport vaccine passport doesn't show up till Sunday.

I'm guessing people are trying to create an account, plus they have to mail you a verification code. Good thing I did that last week.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Well it's entirely broken now so that must be good news then. No other reason to log in to a website that has all of your health information and test results and appointments during a healthcare crisis and state of emergency, after all.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

PittTheElder posted:

Maybe they'll have gotten through the line by sunday at this rate

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

angerbeet posted:

My local Green candidate has decided to endorse the local NDP candidate. Weird election.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_afOjoVkAA9kAc?format=jpg&name=large

I mean after Annamie Paul straight up said she was considering resigning before the election even happened that was basically a message to every Green candidate across the country that it's time to GTFO and bail because the party leader is running for the exit ahead of you.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
I just wanted to check my latest covid test status, gently caress. The way it’s working for me right now is awful, it puts me in line, then I check back in an hour and I’ve missed the 5 minute window. 3 times today.

Also, yes, gently caress the anti-vaxxers. Someone should make a DNR petition for those fucks, they’ll gladly sign it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Cacator posted:

I'm guessing people are trying to create an account, plus they have to mail you a verification code. Good thing I did that last week.

Oh that's a good point, I forgot there was a "we have to mail you a code" step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/brianlilley/status/1438647519483940868

lmao