Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Flubby posted:

What? Did Miyamoto die?

it says right there in the thread title that he's going to live forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

you can settle for the 1 or 2 NES games we give you now... OR you can pay an extra $5 a month for 1 or 2 N64 games delivered to you every 6 months

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they're not doing n64

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
maybe i will finally get my answer to the first post i made in the thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870318&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post488493953

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

Yeah I’d pay upwards of $40 per channel to keep them permanently

"How about up to $40 per game?"
- Square-Enix

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

"How about up to $40 per game?"
- Square-Enix

Listen Squeenix, I don't want to give you $40 to play classic FF on switch, but by god I will!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Nintendo Online is adding PS1 games since Sony won't

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

joylessdivision posted:

Listen Squeenix, I don't want to give you $40 to play classic FF on switch, but by god I will!

:negative: it's true

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Square is the only one adding ps1 games

(Ff7-9, saga frontier, etc.)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

remember when jim ryan asked why people would want to be able to play older playstation games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

jim ryan sounds like a guy from the office. proabbably make face and look at camera after saying that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's always a drat catch with Nintendo model upgrades. Moving everything from my launch model to the red box model was really easy with the cloud and SD card, but that was prior to Animal Crossing. Now I need my current model to do the Animal Crossing transfer next month.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

mhgu has so many quests.........

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How is Eastward? I don't see any reviews yet and got burned with the last Chucklefish sprite game throwback I bought.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

There's always a drat catch with Nintendo model upgrades. Moving everything from my launch model to the red box model was really easy with the cloud and SD card, but that was prior to Animal Crossing. Now I need my current model to do the Animal Crossing transfer next month.

You don't *need* it. You can backup the island now, notate your serial number and NNID, then just call up Nintendo and they'll port it over to your new Switch that way. I did it when I sold my old Switch and got the Animal Crossing version one.

Detective No. 27 posted:

How is Eastward? I don't see any reviews yet and got burned with the last Chucklefish sprite game throwback I bought.

And Eastward is great. The start is slow, but only in story. It looks visually amazing and that's enough for me. I wasn't a huge fan of Stardew, but this game is just published by Chucklefish, a small (3 person!!!) team made Eastward and I guess its style pinged Chuckefish to help out.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Flubby posted:

What? Did Miyamoto die?

e: Nope. What an ominous thread title

People were makin' MILF jokes.

You had to be there.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

LODGE NORTH posted:

And Eastward is great. The start is slow, but only in story. It looks visually amazing and that's enough for me. I wasn't a huge fan of Stardew, but this game is just published by Chucklefish, a small (3 person!!!) team made Eastward and I guess its style pinged Chuckefish to help out.

Yeah, I've only been able to put an hour or so into it so far, but Eastward really seems like something special.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Eastward is some sort of action game isn't it? With the Earthbound looking stuff you'd think it's an RPG but I remember the trailer being rather different.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah it looks like the actual gameplay is more like Zelda. Real time combat not turn based.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I want to hear from people who don't like Eastward and why they don't like it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Reasons include wanting to go west

Also literally on rails.

(Idk, gonna play it for the first time tonight!)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

lol at higher tiered pricing for N64 games. The main thing Nintendo online has going for it is how cheap it is. Making it more expensive for free games from 5 console generations ago would be crazy while PS5/XSX gives much more recent games.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
just imagine online mario party 64... coming this October

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they're adding those ps1 demo discs with a variety of games on them to the nintendo switch. now you can play early segments of spyro 1, that jersey devil game, and uh. some of 'wild 9'.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

joylessdivision posted:

I would absolutely pay $100 for a Switch edition of Xenogears. But that's niche enough I despair of Square ever doing it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Looper posted:

just imagine online mario party 64... coming this October

If you are talking about 1 holy poo poo the induced joycon drift from all the spinning games

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Johnny Joestar posted:

they're adding those ps1 demo discs with a variety of games on them to the nintendo switch. now you can play early segments of spyro 1, that jersey devil game, and uh. some of 'wild 9'.

finally i can revisit the first levels of Parappa the Rappa and Intelligent Qube.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Spacebump posted:

lol at higher tiered pricing for N64 games. The main thing Nintendo online has going for it is how cheap it is. Making it more expensive for free games from 5 console generations ago would be crazy while PS5/XSX gives much more recent games.
I don't think they're going to triple the price when adding N64 games...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive been playing donkey kong 64 all day. i was defeating klaptraps left and right, and my score reads oh oh oh oh oh. ive got a defective cartridge here. now i want triple my purchase price refunded to me, today, or youre gonna be toast

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Lanky Kang

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If they’re putting DK64 on the online service then the subscription price should go down

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Any impressions on Elva the Eco Dragon? Seems like this year's killer app.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Johnny Joestar posted:

I'm in but only if it has the walking nightmare dinosaur.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Johnny Joestar posted:

Finally you can play the first part of Metal Gear Solid at will

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How do I do that by the way? What part of the switch dock do I plug into the sound receiver and what cable do I use?

Also
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1438520910667939844?s=19

That's pretty interesting. Patents are always whatever, companies patent a ton of poo poo and renew trademarks they'll never use, but a filing with the FCC means something's coming out

n64 here we go. fits with that recent rumour.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

That would he awesome if only because that would mean official Bluetooth n64 controllers on a real N64 system. I use the SNES online controllers on my real snes and it's the greatest thing ever.

lol @ goldeneye in that image.

Flubby posted:

What? Did Miyamoto die?

e: Nope. What an ominous thread title

lmao i had the same exact reaction until i realized what the capitals are.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they're not doing n64

they are doing game boy, game boy colour, game boy advance, n64, virtual boy. and then selling you gamecube games for 60 bucks each

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a wiicon and sensor con

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I'd pay more to get GameCube games, which they appear to have a working emulator for, but they're probably gonna do their distant silver medalist in the worse console gen instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Any impressions on Elva the Eco Dragon? Seems like this year's killer app.

It's way cheaper than Eastward so sign me up.