Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Relax Or DIE posted:

i haven't done many yet but it doesn't seem to care much about progress when matching, i've been put up against folks who clearly have much more/better gear and powers than me. julianna's level 1 loadout is pretty lackluster, i unloaded that starting pistol into a colt who just barreled through it and owned me with a shotgun. i can't explain the tankiness you describe though, i've killed at least one julianna with that exact gun and it didn't seem to take too much.
I'm specifically talking about the NPC (non-player) invasions, since I'm in Friends Only for the time being. I wondered if the computer Julianna is specifically tanked out to compensate for being AI or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
oh my mistake, I have no idea but it would not surprise me if the AI Julianna got some kind of health buff

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i read an interesting twitter thread about this the other day. i'm not sure what their point is exactly because they sort of go off on a tangent that peters out after like a million tweets but it did clue me into what this actually means

https://twitter.com/yaomeomeo/status/1434958348281991168

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i think generally that if you're playing a first-person shooter and you can dump a clip into a human enemy's head without killing them the balance might need some tweaking

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Volte posted:

I'm specifically talking about the NPC (non-player) invasions, since I'm in Friends Only for the time being. I wondered if the computer Julianna is specifically tanked out to compensate for being AI or something.

there is a slab that gives you extremely high damage resistance, she might have had that

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Weedle posted:

but it did clue me into what this actually means

that being?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Weedle posted:

i read an interesting twitter thread about this the other day. i'm not sure what their point is exactly because they sort of go off on a tangent that peters out after like a million tweets but it did clue me into what this actually means

https://twitter.com/yaomeomeo/status/1434958348281991168

well i just learned a whole drat lot about a bunch of things I have very little interest in! thanks, I suppose

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I dont see a conclusion in that huge long rambling thread

if it's against idols in general why are they using what seems like a gendered slur

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Play posted:

Anyone played Tharsis? Looks kind of interesting actually

I enjoyed Tharsis when it was a PS+ game, there were some people that were like "this game is shallow easy mode :smugdog: " but it took me 60 runs to get a single win lol

Edit:

RBA Starblade posted:

It seems like it is, but it isn't. Mechanically it's fairly shallow and it gets old after a couple of playthroughs. I got it on sale a while ago and felt like I got my couple bucks worth though
lol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They're trying to give context to the headline that China is trying to ban effeminate men in media. I.e., it's a specific word with a more limited meaning than effeminate.

It did get really rambly and lost its point somewhere though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I talked to my sister and she told me what her kids were up to.
Apparently there's something called Pet Simulator X, and kids are buying plushies that may or may not contain a code that you can use in the game? The game is a mod or something for Roblox?? Roblox is the biggest game in the world???

Fiancee says they sold out real quick, like in only a few minutes, and that she thinks her boss should consider doing a plushie thing once their current licensing contract or whatever is up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I enjoy dice placement games, this one looks rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWALcEDTL8U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vryl0HT6cnM

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

cheetah7071 posted:

They're trying to give context to the headline that China is trying to ban effeminate men in media. I.e., it's a specific word with a more limited meaning than effeminate.

the context didn't really make it any less anti-LGBT though, unless I'm missing something lost in that looong thread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ymgve posted:

the context didn't really make it any less anti-LGBT though, unless I'm missing something lost in that looong thread

Was the tweeter claiming it did? Idk it was very long and I just skimmed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I wasn't trying to whine about it, I really did learn a lot, but yeah the overall point ended up being a bit elusive

ymgve posted:

I don't think it did, but I don't think that was really the purpose anyways. It was really just a bunch of background to explain the context of the proclomation, plus a lot of Chinese/Vietnamese linguistics. They didn't even say the Western headline were wrong per se, just added context.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I enjoyed Tharsis when it was a PS+ game, there were some people that were like "this game is shallow easy mode :smugdog: " but it took me 60 runs to get a single win lol

Edit:

lol

Lol I don't mean shallow as in "easy baby game", I mean it's very mechanically and narratively shallow, there's little meat on the game's bones. I beat it once after a few and a couple of the challenges and lost interest after a few hours.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I figured the point was "it's mostly about real life idols and advertising, not video games"

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Play posted:

I wasn't trying to whine about it, I really did learn a lot, but yeah the overall point ended up being a bit elusive

I don't think it did, but I don't think that was really the purpose anyways. It was really just a bunch of background to explain the context of the proclomation, plus a lot of Chinese/Vietnamese linguistics. They didn't even say the Western headline were wrong per se, just added context.

I think if you claim to present perspectives that you say is "/not/ from corporate western media" it implies you think the western media presented it wrongly.

Also without a clear "I think this is a BAD decision" tweet at the start, it comes off as making up excuses for the government.

lets hang out posted:

I figured the point was "it's mostly about real life idols and advertising, not video games"

Real life effeminate idols. It's still anti-LGBT.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they're not queer, they're just cute

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
being anti-cute is also bad imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

maybe, but not hate crime levels of bad

Play
Apr 25, 2006

homeless snail posted:

maybe, but not hate crime levels of bad

you wouldn't say that if you were as cute as me. I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS!!

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

It's the same rhetoric used by the alt-right. Replace niangpao with soyboy. It's misogynistic and, even tho they never directly use anti LGBTQ+ language, attacking people for not conforming to rigidly defined gender roles is and has been used as the basis for bigoted attacks on the LGBTQ+ community.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Snip

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

genshin impact is hosed

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its time for the baras to rise

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

genshin finally getting some beef

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol Chinese government is so weird about gaming.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Bandai Namco presents:

The Bara-Duke.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stux posted:

Baras are too gross and ugly :(

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

being cute is illegal, you're all going to jail

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

AlphaKeny1 posted:

being cute is illegal, you're all going to jail

Look at your gang tag. You're going with us.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Me watching an Okami speedrun: Well jeez, there hasn't been much other than skipping cutscenes, surely that can't bring the game time down that much

Speedrunner: So this river separates you from the second part of the game until the bridge comes down but we can just swim across it and jump on this rock to skip two whole dungeons

Me: :aaaaa:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

they couldn't handle his truth

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The reuse of bosses and even areas in sekiro is really surprising to me, did the game have a troubled development or something? Like it’s not terrible, it’s all really fun, but I just faced another carbon copy of a boss with hardly any variation and it made me think, did they run out of budget / time?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

The reuse of bosses and even areas in sekiro is really surprising to me, did the game have a troubled development or something? Like it’s not terrible, it’s all really fun, but I just faced another carbon copy of a boss with hardly any variation and it made me think, did they run out of budget / time?

There's a number of repeated minibosses but the main bosses are pretty much all distinct

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

let's hear it for the minibosses

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
not enough megabosses

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Relax Or DIE posted:

not enough megabosses

look, not every game can be shadow of the colossus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Jay Rust posted:

Which boss? All the bosses that you face twice that I can think of at least have a different move set the second time.