Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I can't tell if I give out hero points as often as I should, but I tend to hand them out when a player does something creative enough or funny enough to make me chuckle.

I do have to constantly remind them that they exist though and more often than not they are wasted on something like rerolling a weapon drop.

I pull a lot of punches though and rarely let death be an option just because we have a pretty laid back vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The suggested rate is 1 each for everyone at start-of-session and 1 per hour thereafter with a cap of three per player. They reset each session.

If you want to get used to handing them out and having your players use them, I recommend making yourself a note to hand the start-of-session ones out, and to remind people what they are for at that point, and to set a timer on your phone or PC for yourself every hour to remember that you should be handing them out.

If your group takes a regular mid-session break, that's a good time to have a reminder to hand them out as well.

You could also have a reminder set 1 hr before you intend to wrap up to remind players that any hero points they have remaining will vanish, so this is the time to Be Heroic.

And, as far as stockpiling them, that really shouldn't be a thing as they reset with each session and stabilizing eats all of them, so there's no good reason to be holding more than 1.

In before any of my players Kramer in to say that I don't do nearly as much of this as I recommend.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Decided to pony up for Foundry I am just so tired of fussing with making maps for Age of Ashes, which Roll20 still inexplicably does not have

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Blockhouse posted:

Decided to pony up for Foundry I am just so tired of fussing with making maps for Age of Ashes, which Roll20 still inexplicably does not have

Sadly, Age of Ashes also doesn't have great maps on Foundry. Paizo only started supplying high-quality maps for VTT use starting with Agents of Edgewatch.

Anyway, you can use PDF to Foundry to import your PDFs of Age of Ashes into your campaign, automatically generating Journal Entries and Maps with walls and the like. Highly recommended and eliminates a lot of prep.

There's also some remade maps for Age of Ashes floating around on reddit and the like.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

boxen posted:

Hey, GM-of-Extinction-Curse-game buddy! I use the maps from this foundry add-on:

https://foundryvtt.com/packages/ec-maps-remake-by-lios

Much nicer looking to my eye. Lighting and walls set up in advance, although I think the creator only has the first three books done so far.

As far as I know, there could be an update to this in the near future ;)

In case you're on Book 2, here's a map of Escadar: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder2e/comments/ofl856/escadar_city_map/

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Friend is running the Strength of Thousands adventure path and it’s my first time looking at PF2e stuff in depth and I love the Anadi holy poo poo :kimchi:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1437545371245424640?s=19

So. Yeah. About that there company making the nice fun game we all like to play. Yeah...

(It's a thread. There's... a lot there.)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

That is all kinds of hosed up.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

That sucks, and it's hard to decide if there's anything to do about it since there are still a lot of good people there among the writers/artists/developers/editors.

I'm still pretty invested in the setting, but I was running on 1e stuff anyway...

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Yeah, as much as I love PF2e, I'm probably going to stop picking up the books and just support some of the writers directly.

The whole situation is incredibly depressing.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Paizo doesn't deserve the creative talent that it gets, jeez.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Miijhal posted:

Yeah, as much as I love PF2e, I'm probably going to stop picking up the books and just support some of the writers directly.

The whole situation is incredibly depressing.

I've thought on it, and I'm going to boycott if the creatives/HR ask for it for bargining purposes, but not otherwise, because it's not the execs who'll lose their jobs.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

CottonWolf posted:

I've thought on it, and I'm going to boycott if the creatives/HR ask for it for bargining purposes, but not otherwise, because it's not the execs who'll lose their jobs.

This is definitely something that gets overlooked. It always makes things tricky for sure. I am waiting for a response about this, or a lack of one in the next few days before I decide.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

This is definitely something that gets overlooked. It always makes things tricky for sure. I am waiting for a response about this, or a lack of one in the next few days before I decide.

Here’s the response. It’s bad. https://paizo.com/threads/rzs43h04?Staff-Change-Update-from-Paizo-President-Jeff#1

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

This reddit thread has links to all the original allegations and all the responses from various people linked in it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder2e/comments/pp3gdi/compendium_of_allegations_against_paizo_management/

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:yikes:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Did you spot the follow up post where he almost word for word says "I wouldn't say that, I have gay friends"?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

CottonWolf posted:

Did you spot the follow up post where he almost word for word says "I wouldn't say that, I have gay friends"?

For those who don't want to have to find it

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Also, here's a better specific response to specific allegations from a specific person who they were leveled against. https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder2e/comments/pp0wxf/erik_monas_statement_on_the_occult_saint_germain/

(Not a great response. But better.)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I've read that thread. I bet the bosses are pretty lovely, because they usually are, but I must confess that part where the thread tries really hard to make that one dork who likes Victorian esoterica look like he's a white supremacist, especially if you read his response, has made me think that maybe that particular person's claims should be taken with a grain or two of salt.

I hope the people who got fired find justice.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Honestly, I thought the most damning stuff in there was the (backed up by at least one other ex-employee) accusations of discrimation against trans employees by managers. The other stuff along the lines of actively pushing against inclusivity in products and then taking credit for it after it was successful, and being incompetent and uncaring about worker issues (also potentially being scum), just matches my (low) expectations of managers and executives generally. Speaking as a union member, something something unionisation good.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Megazver posted:

I've read that thread. I bet the bosses are pretty lovely, because they usually are, but I must confess that part where the thread tries really hard to make that one dork who likes Victorian esoterica look like he's a white supremacist, especially if you read his response, has made me think that maybe that particular person's claims should be taken with a grain or two of salt.

I hope the people who got fired find justice.

It read to me less like "he's a white supremacist" and more like "he's a fan of some things that have some deeply-ingrained racism in their background, which make some people uncomfortable, and he didn't really get that (perhaps willfully)" but I'm not always an amazing reader.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Golux posted:

It read to me less like "he's a white supremacist" and more like "he's a fan of some things that have some deeply-ingrained racism in their background, which make some people uncomfortable, and he didn't really get that (perhaps willfully)" but I'm not always an amazing reader.

Yeah, his response, while not perfect, does get to the most important thing, IMO, which is, essentially, the admission "I have some pretty big blind spots and I am glad I have editors to call me out on this bullshit" but stops short of fully understanding why it is bullshit that needs to be called out, etc. etc.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
So some things have happened.

One is a longer Bulmahn statement.

The other is that Sara Marie, the one whose firing (?) started all this, decided to go full blast. I can't access her Twitter because it's protected, but it's apparently saying something to the effect of "decade long allies for improving industry workplace standards are getting ripped into because a clout-chaser seized on another opportunity to drag themselves into someone else’s story".

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

e: nevermind, not going to ask for someone’s private twitter posts to be screenshotted and posted on a public forum

blastron fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 16, 2021

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Cyouni posted:

So some things have happened.

One is a longer Bulmahn statement.

The other is that Sara Marie, the one whose firing (?) started all this, decided to go full blast. I can't access her Twitter because it's protected, but it's apparently saying something to the effect of "decade long allies for improving industry workplace standards are getting ripped into because a clout-chaser seized on another opportunity to drag themselves into someone else’s story".

Is the clout chaser the 1/850 lady on Twitter or something

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

sugar free jazz posted:

Is the clout chaser the 1/850 lady on Twitter or something

If those tweets actually exist, they gotta be talking about Jessica Price, yes.

No one else has specifically called her out yet, but there are some very oblique statements from other employees that are implying that a) they certainly have issues with the bosses b) they kinda think Jessica is full of poo poo.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
At least four separate sources in the span of about 10 minutes have said that's what's coming out.

This is the best I can find of more details:

quote:

Most of her stuff has been about loving the people she worked with and sort of staying out of the fray but clearly fed up today. Admittedly "furious" but won't give people all the dirty details. Asks people not to "swallow every detail of every story you hear online... particularly ones that shift the attention."

"Its like a fisherman who's fish that got away gets bigger with every retelling."

"But what this is doing is putting work on individuals to refute claims that have grown and changed significantly over the years. I’m completely uninterested in giving people like that more oxygen right now."

She is specifically not getting involved with the popular hashtag making the rounds today.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Unrelatedly, we're getting the psychic and thaumaturge!

https://twitter.com/toriariaria/status/1438589087519150088

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

blastron posted:

I half listened to the keynote, did they confirm those are going to be the playtest classes? I assume they must be, which makes me sad because I really wanted that art with the guy at the map to mean they were going to do a 4E style warlord. Thaumaturge might be cool though, maybe they'll make talismans seem less bad.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

M. Night Skymall posted:

I half listened to the keynote, did they confirm those are going to be the playtest classes? I assume they must be, which makes me sad because I really wanted that art with the guy at the map to mean they were going to do a 4E style warlord. Thaumaturge might be cool though, maybe they'll make talismans seem less bad.

The map guy is their default playtest announcement image it was never gonna mean anything

and yeah this is them

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I'm not thrilled with so many of the 1e iconics being replaced <<_<<

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Was anyone that attached to occultist dude

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

Is anyone attached to any of the stand in characters? Isn't the whole point that they're just filler cause you're gonna make your own personal version of this style/aesthetic anyway.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is anyone attached to any of the stand in characters? Isn't the whole point that they're just filler cause you're gonna make your own personal version of this style/aesthetic anyway.

I'm attached to the ones who were in the comics and the games I guess?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

blastron posted:

https://twitter.com/toriariaria/status/1438589087519150088

More importantly a six book AP where everyone plays undead nobility in Geb. Which is such a cool concept.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Occultist was a class from 1e that looked neat on paper but was way to complicated for its own good, with a lot of moving parts, stuff to keep track of, and lack of clarity as to how it was actually supposed to function during play.

Hopefully they can rejigger it to work more cleanly in 2e

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Blockhouse posted:

No, but I liked Rivani, and Damiel, and Alahazra.

And Mavaro was at least nice to have as somewhat-overweight-adventurer representation.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CottonWolf posted:

More importantly a six book AP where everyone plays undead nobility in Geb. Which is such a cool concept.

Between that, Strength of Thousands, and the Alkenstar AP they're keeping a good pattern going of doing adventure paths set in places people have wanted for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Still waiting for an Orv Vault AP